The Singing Magus

By _Arsene_

After everything Izuku went through during his childhood he decides not to be a hero but still try to do some... More

Special Thanks
Shifting timeline
New Start?
Bonus I
Promise and Debut part I
Promise and Debut part II
congrats, confessions, and yanderes?!
The Bet
Bonus II
1-A concert
Side Story USJ abridged
Thanks!
Bonus III
UA Sports Festival part I
Sports Festival part II: Saving Todoroki
😮
Side Story: Day in the life of Izuku Midoriya
Sports Festival part IV: Award Ceremony and Party
Tragedy
announcement
Purple and red affection
Platinum and Amethyst
Side Story: Nightmares/Closer Look
Side Story: Magecraft training
Dinner At Todoroki's
Missing?!
you really like me?!
Side Story: Hosu incident abridged
Versus All for One Part I
Versus AFO Part II: Izuku Unleashed
Aftermath.
Yaoyorozu
Hado
Toga
Uraraka
Nemuri
Announcement and Thanks.
Kendo
Bonus IV: Redemption B
Ashido
Takeyama
Jirou
Bonus Redemption F
Fuyumi
A reason to be a hero
Mark of a hero
Calm Before the Storm
preparations
Versus Overhaul
peace?
Epilogue: War [fixed]

Part III: Half time and rise of FrostFlame

4.9K 63 42
By _Arsene_

*Todoroki POV*

As I walked back to the stadium, I looked for my classmates.  Finding them I approach.

Todoroki: Mind if I sit with you all?

Kirishima: Holy crap you can speak.

Jirou: Guess you owe me money Red.

Kirishima: Damn.

I watch as kirishima passes Jirou some money, before I'm addressed again.

Kirishima: Also Todoroki you don't need to ask to sit with us your one of our friends.

I couldn't find the words that described the warm feeling I felt hearing this.  I sat down just as a countdown appeared on the large display.

Kirishima: I wonder what that is for.

Momo: Don't know

Todoroki: Probably to announce 'way to the dawns' entrance.

As the timer hit zero a pillar of green fire erupted in the center of the stage

*3-A Dorms Mirio POV before the coundown*

After getting some food me, Nejire, and Amajiki sat back down to watch the concert of Izuku's.  Just as the count down hits zero a tower of flame erupts out of the center of the stage.  I notice Nejire physically jumped at that.  As the flames die down Izuku and his band mates were standing on stage as if nothing happened.  Nejire's face had a slight tint of red to it when Izuku showed up.

(I know it's villain!deku but the closest I could find to how he would be dressed.  I don't own the art)

Izuku: Good afternoon UA!

*Todoroki POV*

Izuku: Lets not waste time.  While we did not write this song, it couldn't be more perfect for the sports festival.  Feel free to join in if you know it

Everyone watching is either cheering or clapping.  I noticed the only one not doing either is Bakugo who looks angrier then usual.

Izuku: You guys ready for more?

The crowd roars with excitement.

*Izuku POV*

After the song I swear the stadium shook from all the cheering.  I look at the time and noticed we had time for one more.

Izuku: You all have been wonderful, sadly we only got time for one more song

Izuku: You all have been amazing enjoy the rest of the sports festival.

As I made my way off the stage and out of the main area I ran into Kacchan.

Izuku: Oh hey Kacchan did you enjoy the sh....

I didnt even finish my sentence before receiving a right hook to the face.

Bakugo: The hell was that nerd!  This is the sports festival where I show how below everyone is to me!  So how is it a damn Deku like you upstaged me!

Izuku: Is that what you think Kacchan?  I didn't do this to upstage anyone.  I was hired to put on a show by the request of others.  Do you even know why I still call you "Kacchan", even after all the bullying, even after the scars you gave me, even after you telling me to jump off a building to get a quirk in the next life.  Do you know why? *😭*  Because I still look up to you.  Because you get to become a hero.  Yes I enjoy singing and the feeling others get when listening to my music.  Yet I still want to help others even knowing I can't.  My dream of being a hero is dead yet yours isn't.  It makes me both look up and respect you yet I can't stand you because of it.

Bakugo: .....

*Todoroki POV*

Hearing Izuku lay into Bakugo opened my eyes to the person my sister had feelings for.  I looked over at Izuku's childhood friends as well as Mina who all looked like they were ready to cry, and hearing Midoriya cry didn't help.  Hearing how Bakugo was the one to scar Midoriya was an even bigger shock to me and Mina.  I mean we had a feeling yet hearing it made my anger ready to explode.  Before anything we notice Bakugo walk away.  Before we could go to him Midoriya was also gone.

PM: All contestants please prepare for the first round of the third event.

Hearing this we all go our separate ways to wait for our turn.

(Matches goes as canon for the most part)

When it was time for me to face Sero I only had one thing on my mind.  It was get to Bakugo and get justice for my green haired friend.

Todoroki: Sero I'm sorry.  Let's have a proper spar later.

Sero: what do you mean?

Midnight: Begin

Before Sero could even move I attacked him in a massive amount of Ice leaving only his head exposed.

Midnight: Winner is Shoto Todoroki.

As I get ready to leave I make eye contact with my dad and just give a nod to him.  I also saw Midoriya sitting with the rest of 1-A.  I head back to my waiting room for the next matches.  Though I did get a hold of Kendo to inform her of my plan.

*small time skip*

PM: What an amazing first round!  We will be having a 5 min break to repair the arena and be right back with round two!

Itsuka: You sure that's what you heard?

Todoroki: *Nod*

Itsuka: Fine but you owe me.

Todoroki: If I can do it just name it.

Itsuka 😳: Convince Midoriya to hang out with me this weekend.

Todoroki: 'Not you too.  He could almost start a harem at this point.'  I wont promise anything but I will try.

As we enter for the match of me vs Kendo we made eye contact and gave the other a small nod.

Itsuka: I'd like to withdraw please.

Midnight: You sure about that?

Itsuka: yeah something came up last minute so I need to leave.

Midnight: I understand. So by forfeit our winner is Todoroki.

I quickly mouth the words "thank you" and "I'm sorry" before Kendo leaves.  Who just gives me a thumbs up.

(Bakugo vs Ochaco goes as canon but is closer do to her being pissed)

Finally it's the finals.  As I walk out to see Bakugo have a superior smirk.

Midnight: Begin!

At Midnight's announcement I felt my anger boil over at someone who can be so cruel to another.

Bakugo: Well IcyHot ready to go down.

Just as Bakugo finished speaking I felt flames burst out of my left.  And when i looked they were bluish-white in color.  I later found out from Izuku that the information he had on fire was wrong.  I looked at Bakugo who had a look of anger.

Bakugo: So you were holding back ASSHOLE!

I didn't say anything as I created a massive amount of ice and launch it at my opponent.  While he was distracted I trapped him in a ring of fire.  Slowly closing the ring i notice Bakugo get out by launching himself out just to be caught by my ice.

Todoroki: Just surrender you can't win.

Bakugo: SCREW YOU ICYHOT YOUR FIRE IS COLD TO ME!

Todoroki: Don't say I didn't warn you.  Inferno tower.

Taking inspiration from Midoriya's entrance at his show I throw fire at Bakugo and make a pillar of fire.   Keeping it just far enough away to avoid major injury, but close enough to burn away the oxygen to make him faint.

Bakugo: Damn it IcyHot how do I get out of here!

Just after that I hear a thump as I let go of my attack.  I notice Bakugo unconcious on the ground.  Note to self drink alot more water from now on.

Midnight: Winner is Shoto Todoroki!

After that both me and Bakugo were taken to recovery girl to get patched up before the award ceremony.  I got just a bad case of dehydration due to my fire.  While Bakugo had some burns, but what made him loose consciousness was lack of oxygen from me burning it away.

RG: Looks like that was some move you pulled there sonny.  So much so that if your not careful you could kill someone.

I go pale at that realizing just how strong a move i created was, before she continued.

RG: Though I think you won't need to worry about a finishing move.  Did you notice the arean after your match?

Todoroki: No why?

Recovery Girl pulls up images of the arena after our fight and show me.  More then half of it was melted to varying degrees.  Note to self keep a better control on my fire.  Just then Izuku and 1-A walk in as well as my father.

Izuku: That was amazing Todoroki.  Hope your ok as well.

Todoroki: I'm fine just dehydrated.

Izuku: Good.  Still that was one neck of a show FrostFlame.

Everyone looks at Midoriya like he grew a second head.

Momo: What do you mean by FrostFlame?

Izuku: I thought it could work as Todoroki's hero name and it works too.  It'll either make villains think he has a fire quirk that also freezes, or an ice quirk that burns.

I was baffled yet honored my first friend thought up a name like that.

Todoroki: I like it.

Kirishima: It suits you TodoBro.

Tokoyami: It's quit fitting for you.

DS: I agree.

Todoroki: Then FrostFlame it is.

Endeavor: Hmph.  Well it's good that you overcame your rebellion.  But dont slack off on training.

As dad turned away I saw just the slightest hint of pride in his eyes.  Even a small smile crept up on him.

To becontinued in part IV Award Ceremony and party.

A/N I know that in canon Shoto's hero name is just Todoroki and I thought that was boring.  Part 4 will end the sports festival arc.  I will take a small break to plan out where it will go from here into the summer camp and beyond.  Though I might do some bonus parts along the way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 2.3K 21
Been bullied and neglected for so long he forgot what when it all started the last thing he remembers was his childhoodfriend gave him advise to kill...
84.6K 3.2K 14
A villain must not always be a villain. In this case however, the death of countless people are haunting Izuku Midoriya the number 3 villain in Japan...
31K 389 7
This story will be seven chapters, one chapter will be uploaded a day with the story finishing in a week. It is a short story of IzuMomoJiro. Each ch...
34.6K 1.1K 60
After being abandoned by his mother for being quirkless, four year old Izuku midoriya is found by an elite military officer who trains him to be an e...