Passing Motions

By xFakingaSmilex

Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby St... More

PASSING MOTIONS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

5K 252 32
By xFakingaSmilex

Chapter Twenty-Eight

London races around in her pink and purple princess costume. I was apprehensive about attending a birthday party for a child we've never met, but Blake insists we go since the girls from daycare will probably be Lo's friends in school.

"Come here, princess." I wave her over.

Her plastic shoes click as she bounds over. I place London on the dining room chair and inspect my makeup bag. I apply a soft pink blush to her cheeks along with a light purple eyeshadow which sparkles under the lights.

"What do you think?" I hold up a mirror and grin.

"Oh." Lo beams with excitement. "I love it."

She grabs the makeup bag and peers into the muddled mess. She digs through the content and produces the glitter brush.

"Are you sure you want to wear glitter? Do you remember the last time you wore it?"

The smile widens as she holds it out for me. With a sigh, I uncap it and brush the glitter across her chest. Her blue eyes go wide and she shakes with excitement.

"Do I have to wear the tights?" Blake moans.

He stumbles into the family room, tugging on the pale tights.

"No, but I think they look good on you." I smile.

Blake places his hand on my shoulder and kisses my head. I grab his arm and brush glitter on his arm. He holds out the other arm and I raise an eyebrow.

"Aren't you worried about wearing glitter?"

Blake shrugs his shoulders and sighs.

"The second they told me she was a girl, I knew this day would come."

"Welp, I love and hate that."

"Since we're having another little girl, I better work on my doll playing skills." He chuckles.

I rub my belly and pout.

"She could love boy-ish things. Just because she's a girl, doesn't mean she'll be like London."

"Just as long as she's like her mother." He winks.

"How can I stay mad when you make comments like that?"

Blake winks which makes me glare.

"Can we leave for the party now?" Blake smiles.

"Uh, sure."

"Yay," Lo cheers.

We gather our things and head to the door.

* * * * *

My stomach knots and my heart races as the awkward minutes trickle past. Blake races around the yard with the girls following. I stare at the other women, and they look back. I've never been good at making friends, and it's a surprise I have the ones I do.

"Do you know what gender you're having?" A woman with mousy brown hair smiles.

"We're having a girl."

"That's exciting!"

"London's looking forward to a little sister."

The mother of the party, Lily, stomps into the room and collapses on the chair.

"My friend's daughter was supposed to be a fairy princess, but she just bailed. What am I supposed to do? The girls were so excited about it."

"That's a bugger." One sighs.

"Who will do the activities now?" Lily frowns.

The backdoor opens and Blake takes a deep breathe. He wanders into the kitchen and grabs a drink before standing beside me. Relief courses through my body when he touches my shoulder.

"Is everything okay?" he whispers.

"The princess fairy bailed."

"Oh." He frowns.

"You could do the activities with them," I suggest.

Blake frowns but Lily perks up.

"Oh Ava, that's a wonderful idea. What do you think Blake? I'll pay you for it."

"Um." Blake gulps. "Do I have to wear the dress?"

"Yes, please wear the dress." I grin.

Blake rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

"I'm not wearing a dress, and I don't care how much you pay me."

* * * * *

Classical music booms through the speakers as Blake tiptoes outside. The girls squeal with excitement as they race across the yard. He sprinkles glitter and twirls around in a circle, which makes the dress flutter..

He plonks on the grass and sets the bag of glitter and the star wand in front of him. The birthday girl, Aria, sits beside Blake and the rest of the girls gather in front of him.

"I'm Princess Buttercup, and I'm here to celebrate Aria's birthday."

"Yay," Aria shouts.

"We're going to play pass the parcel. Each layer has a magical gift so that everyone can have fun." Lily hands Blake a parcel and the control device for the speaker.

He instructs the girls to sit in a circle and wait. Music plays and the girls grow excited as the parcel is handed around.

The woman from before stands beside me and sighs.

"You found yourself a good baby daddy! My hubby won't touch Barbies or glitter." She sighs.

"You're right, I really was lucky." I smile.

I slide my hand across my belly and sigh. Two little girls seem perfect, I don't know if we need another child. Perhaps I'll change my mind in the future.

Inside the parcel is a fairy makeup kit which goes to a girl not far from London. It's opened and the girls are quick to apply makeup to themselves, and even Blake. He ends up with bright blue powder on his eyelids and red blush on his cheeks.

He's so patient and calm . . . He was always going to be a good father, young or not.

* * * * *

My back aches, my feet are swollen, so seeing Tori on our doorstep is the last thing I want. Blake and I look at each other and with hold the groan we so desperately want to release.

"Did you forget to tell me something?" Blake raises an eyebrow.

"Um." My mouth drops and I groan. "Yes, Tori asked if it was okay. Ugh, I hate pregnancy brain!"

Blake takes my hand and kisses the back of it.

"Take a shower and I'll deal with Tori."

"Are you sure? You've been racing around with fifteen kiddies today, you don't have to do this."

"It'll be fine." He tugs on a smile.

We hop out of the car and the smile on Blake's face tightens. He grabs Lo from the backseat and we wander to the front door. London leaps into her arms and Tori swirls her around.

"Where have you been little princess?"

"We went to Aria's birthday party." She grins. "I loved it because she gave out good lollies."

Tori erupts with laughter and nuzzles London to her chest.

"Good lollies are a deal breaker with parties!"

Blake unlocks the door and we pile onto the house. Those three wander down the other end while I sneak into the bedroom. I instantly discard the itchy, cheap dress and slide into the shower. Some glitter swirls around the drain, while other bits glow under the harsh bathroom lights.

I scrub my skin, but some pesky bits remain. Once I'm clean, I step out and wrap the towel around me. I lay on the bed and snuggle into the pillow. The pressure off my feet and back is nice.

The thought of changing is annoying. When I'm dry, I push myself up and I dig through the drawers for something to wear. I find a pair of maternity pj pants and a t-shirt which might as well be a nighty from the length of it.

I stagger into the family room and peer outside. Tori and Blake are standing to the side, deep in conversation. London bounces around with her fairy wand.

I want to investigate, but I wander into the kitchen and grab a pot out from the cupboard. I place it on the stove and bite my lower lip. Now I should probably put food or something in it.

With a groan, I yank the cupboard door open and search for something. I grab a can of crushed tomatoes, herbs and pasta and place it on the bench. Spag bol will have to do. I get to work despite the curiosity threatening to take over.

Happiness ignites when those three enter the house. Tori sniffs the air and smiles.

"Whatever you're making smells delicious."

"Thanks, but it's just pasta." I chuckle.

"I um." Tori looks around. "I should leave."

"We'll arrange for another time for you to come over soon," says Blake.

"Sounds good, thank you!"

Blake ushers her to the front door, Lo bounding after them. Once they return, Blake sends Lo to her room to find pj's. He stands at the end of the kitchen bench, so I hobble over and poke his side.

"You two looked quite, what's the word, close?" I raise an eyebrow.

His green eyes light up with amusement.

"Dare I say, am I detecting some jealousy?"

"No, just curiosity."

Blake shrugs and I groan

"I won't break or combust, didn't I prove that earlier?"

"She wants to go to therapy together, but I don't know if I want to. I work all week and so the weekends are all I have with you two."

"You're right, but one session wouldn't hurt, right?"

Blake stares at the counter, drumming his fingers against the table.

"I can't do it."

"Haven't we been saying she needs professional help?" I raise an eyebrow. "She needs this, we need this, most importantly, London needs this. She already harbours some upset feelings and I don't want it to get worse."

"After everything she's done, you still want to help her?"

"Yes." I firmly nod.

"One session."

"Yeah, we'll see." I laugh.

"I hate that you're right." Blake rolls his eyes and groans.

"Dinner should be ready when you're done."

"Thanks." He sighs.

Blake wanders down the hallway and loudly sighs.

"We've had this discussion before London! You can't take the unicorns into the bath."

"But they need a bath too." She groans.

"Their bath time is in the washing machine."

"Princess Sparkles is scared of the washing machine."

"You only get over your fear if you keep doing it."

I can imagine Lo pouting and Blake rolling his eyes which makes me laugh. I love watching her grow into such a sassy little human. 

There's sixteen chapters left for this book and then it's done, yay! These chapters are mostly wrapping up the storyline, cute scenes I'd love to see with the characters, plus providing a solid base for when I write Lo's spin-off book as I'd love to expand on Lo and Tori's relationship when she's older.

Thank you for waiting! Little humans are tiring and I'm trying my best. It's so weird to go from having time to hardly anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 367 9
ππ€πŠπ”π’ππ”π€πƒ π„ππƒπ„π€π‘πŒπ„ππ“ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ ; 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏 [COMPLETED] α΄˜Κ€α΄Κœα΄‡Κ€α΄ α΄‹ΙͺΚ€ΙͺsʜΙͺᴍᴀ ᴇΙͺᴊΙͺʀᴏ x sΙͺΙ΄Ι’ΚŸα΄‡ α΄α΄α΄›Κœα΄‡Κ€ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ As a single parent, yo...
115K 2.7K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...
87 11 11
After everything that's happened, the death, the love, the family... We've grown up... A lot. It's time to go explore this place we call home.
1 0 1
While being independent for a lot of years, Accalia Pal suddenly crossed paths with two men, Rafael and Zane that will change her life story.