The Ultimate Sacrifice (The 1...

By arrow_to_the_heart

It's been decades since the second rebellion. The Games continue, the Capitol has a new president. Ever since... More

1. Hype and Apprehension
2. The Tributes of District One
3. Class Is In Session
4. The 98th Annual Hunger Games
5. Dress Up
6. The Opening Ceremonies
7. Six Strong
8. Playing Nice
9. Disobedient
10. Focus
11. Showing Off
12. Training of a Different Kind
13. Bombshell
14. Controversy
15. The Main Event
16. Bloodbath
17. Hit or Miss
18. Another Kill, Another Blow
19. Change Is Coming
20. The Waiting Game
21. Who Am I Really?
22. Questionable Actions
23. A Dreary Day
24. Mayhem
25. To Kill or Not To Kill
26. So Many Questions
27. A Change Of Heart
28. The Hidden Truth
29. Flushed Out
30. Light up The Night
31. The Final Five
32. The Final Four
Epilogue

Before We Begin

25.5K 297 34
By arrow_to_the_heart

**Warning: If you haven't read 'The Hunger Games' books or watched the movies and plan to, unless you don't care, I recommend you don't read this as this book contains some spoilers (ish)

For first time readers, welcome! If you are reading this, I am currently editing this book that needs some much needed TLC. You will be reading the original, uploaded chapters from years and years ago. The revised chapters probably won't appear for some time. Editing and life are heavy processes.

Just be wary - there will be some errors and possibly some inconsistencies. This was one of my first few fanfics I ever wrote, and I hadn't bothered to keep chapter outlines after I completed the story to keep my mind straight, so...yeah. You've been warned. Just know that I'm on the case currently and working on it.

If you have read my first HG fic "Against All Odds" these two do not exist in the same universe. I'm sure it has crossed some minds when you shift from that book to this one. And while this book is set in THG universe (or at this point an AU, with what lies ahead), I can assure you, this is not a replica of the original series.

Who you are about to meet, you may love or hate. You may develop ships that you will die for, or love until the end of time. Or just outright hate and wish the ship would sink. And that's okay. As a writer, I understand that not everyone is going to like everything about this book. There will be things that will drive you mad. There will be things that you love.

Bottom line: if my book gets a reaction out of you, I want to read your comments! It gives me a sense of what readers see that I may not (outside perspectives are always refreshing when you've read your work over, and over, and over again...)

*Disclaimer: Most characters (with the exception of mentions of a few original characters) belong to me, as well as the plot. The entire world of Panem and all of its concepts belongs to the book series by Suzanne Collins. 

*8/30/14: Winner of @shanrae93's Best Story Awards (Fan Fiction Category)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 226 23
The war is over, but the battle is still being fought. The Dark Days of Panem are over but nothing is looking brighter. The Capitol has just squelche...
399K 11.1K 53
ā€˜ā€™ Ladies and gentlemen of Panem, for the Pageant of the one hundred and twenty fifth annual Hunger Games, or the fifth Quarter Quell, we have a spec...
11.9K 323 52
A/N: my first Writers' Games. All I ask is that if you enter, you hand in the tasks on time by inbox and that you have fun!!! 24 Wattpaders in a tant...