What Am I?

By ahaawhat

"𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆." [COMPLETED] S U M M A R Y: Rarity is turning 13 and one question... More

Introduction~
Chapter 1 ~ Rarity's Birthday
Chapter 2 ~ Fancy Pants
Chapter 3 ~ First Date
Chapter 4 ~ Rainbow's Injury
Chapter 5 ~ Pinkie's Ships Go Wrong
Chapter 6 ~ Applejack's dream
Chapter 7 ~ The Kiss
Chapter 8 ~ The Cheat
Chapter 9 ~ Jealousy
Chapter 10 ~ The Night Before |
Chapter 11 ~ Lonely?
Chapter 12 ~ The Night Before ||
Chapter 13 ~ Lunchtime
Chapter 14 ~ Pinkie's Plan
Chapter 15 ~ Pinkie's Party
Chapter 17 ~ Lies
Chapter 18 ~ Pinkie's Shipping Book
Chapter 19 ~ Betrayal
Thank You~
Chapter 20 ~ The End?

Chapter 16 ~ 'I Want To Run Away'

1.2K 39 92
By ahaawhat

Applejack's POV:

Baby, did I just call Rarity baby? I asked myself as Rarity held onto my hand. As she opened the door and closed the door we both took a deep breath.

"Fresh air," I said to her smiling.

"C'mon, let's go," Rarity commanded.

She let go out of my hand but led the way to wherever McDonald's was from here.

I followed her, no words being exchanged between us. The music from Sugar Cube Corner got quieter as we got farther from it.

Pinkie was lucky her neighbors, or whatever you call them for where she lived, didn't care. If that level of noise came from, say Rarity's home, the cops would be there in a matter of minutes.

Rarity's curled hair bounced off her shoulders and she continued running off. She was going fairly fast for her. But, it made sense.

That party sucked.

It wasn't even the party itself, it was the people. Like Timber, le asshole.

I'm thinking too much, I thought to myself, trying to clear my thoughts and focus on Rarity. Which, I'll admit, was easy to do 😏

It was about a 5 minute rest of the walk, I had no idea how she managed to keep a steady pace and run like it was nothing (with high heels and a dress on). When the McDonald's was in sight, I watched as Rarity stopped running, and took deep breaths.

"This just reminds me why I don't run," Rarity remarked, then she continued speed walking towards to the fast food restaurant.

I had no idea whether or not she was talking to herself or me, but I chuckled in response.

I continued to follow her into McDonalds, when she opened the door, her eyes searched for an empty clean table. When she found one, she ran over to claim it.

I kinda stood there, just watching her like some creep. The table wasn't far from where I was standing. She chose a small table where only 2 people could sit next to a window.

"Applejack, would you be a dear and order for me?" Rarity asked.

"Whatdya want?"

"French fries."

"... And?"

"French fries."

Soon, I found myself in front of one of the works waiting for my order. I wasn't hungry, so I ordered what Rarity asked me to order.

"French fries."

He looked me with no expression. "Ma'am, you're gonna need something with the French fries."

"Can ah just get French fries?"

He rolled his eyes. "My shift is almost over, and I'm leaving this job in a few days, so consider this as a blessing."

He typed something into the cash register thingy. He proceeded to ask if I wanted any drinks, to which I said no.

When I got the food, I carried the tray of French fries to Rarity. She was on her phone, typing up something. When she saw the tray, her face immediately lit up.

"Thank you so much AJ!" Rarity gushed, taking a bite out of one of the French fries.

I blushed and looked at my feet.

She put down her phone and continued eating more of the French fries.

She looked up. "Take a picture it'll last longer." Shit, I'm staring.

I thought through a bunch of conversation starters to make this conversation less awkward. I thought back to what happened earlier.

Timber and Rarity.

"Are you okay?" I asked, biting my lip. Rarity noticed. It wasn't normal for me to be this nervous.

"What prompted this question?" she asked, moving a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Just what happened earlier, with Timber and all..."

Her expression changed, she looked angry. I said the wrong thing. "He harassed me, Applejack. What do you think?"

I didn't respond. Instead, she got up from her seat to throw away the stuff in the tray into the trash. She then walked back to me holding out her hand. "Can I have a dollar?"

I reached for my phone, I always put my money in my phone case.

I gave her the dollar and slid the phone case back on. "Do you want some ice cream?" she asked.

I nodded. I was always in the mood for ice cream.

She walked off, going to the worker to ask for two ice creams. I scooted over, so I was next to the window. I stared outside, it was late. I told Granny Smith that I'd be sleeping over at Pinkie's, which was the orginal plan.

Shit, I forget about Pinkie. I abandoned her at her own party. I quickly checked my phone to see if she had texted me at all. I thought over the worst possibilities as I unlocked my phone.

I had one message. From Pinkie.

Pinkie 🎈:
I hope you're having fun with your date 😏😏

I sighed turning my phone back off. She was probably more excited that I abandoned her than mad. I was here, alone with Rarity.

I continued staring off into the window, the first thought that came to mind was the many times Rarity kissed me.

"Darling?" I heard Rarity's voice, which made me jump. I turned to her, she was holding one ice cream cone. She handed me the change, which I put in one of my pockets.

"Weren't you supposed to get one for me?" I asked.

She sat the ice cream down and pulled the chair that was in front of me so it was next to me. "I did."

"Where is it?"

She handed me the licked ice cream. I blushed. "W-w-What?"

"I got one. For both of us. We can share."

"Oh."

"Are you gonna have any?"

I licked some of the ice cream from her. She laughed. "You look like an idiot doing that."

"You told me to-"

"Relax."

I took a deep breath and looked at the empty space where the chair was supposed to be.

I had no idea how long we sat there, not saying anything. It could of been 2 seconds, 20 minutes. Ok, maybe not 20 minutes, but point is, I had no idea how we sat there. Long enough for Rarity to almost finish the ice cream.

"I want to run away," she spoke, breaking the silence.

I looked at her. She was holding the cone in her right hand, her left hand was free.

I wanted to hold her hand.

"I want to too," I responded without thinking.

"Why don't we? Right now?"

This wasn't Rarity at all. She wouldn't want to run away. And truth to be told, I didn't want to run away. But I wanted her to be happy.

"Rares you just turned 13..."

She looked at me. "Who cares?" She paused and sighed. "I just want to leave Ponyville. Move to Manehattan, start a new life. But of course, we're too young."

We're.

Before she could continue on ranting, I gained this sudden courage and reached for her empty hand and held on to it.

She blushed. She put the ice cream down on the table, which was already melting.

"I promise we'll leave this town and never look back, but not now. But please, can you just stay with me until then?"

She didn't respond, so I continued on. "I'll get money for us. Everyday, we'll get ice cream, whatever you want. We'll be on the road everyday, turn on music. We can move to Manehattan, get jobs, or whatever you would want to do."

I was daydreaming, but Rarity didn't seem to care. She reached for my other hand, with her empty hand. "Do you promise...?"

"Only if you promise to stay with me. No matter how difficult it gets, just stay with me..."

She didn't respond, instead she slowly moved her face closer to mine. Within seconds, she and I were kissing. Time seemed to stop, it only felt like I was with her.

She slowly then backed away from me. "I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

759 28 10
Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are childhood friends, but everything changes when Luke enters their lives, stirring up feelings of jealousy in Rainbow...
44.7K 1.5K 30
As Rainbow dash's past about loving another girl still haunts her,until she met a Freshman named Applejack, since then she started to love again and...
73.1K 1.6K 15
Applejack and Rarity are great friends. When Applejack starts to catch feelings, they discover they both want more than that, though. Through all the...
93.5K 1.2K 40
This is a book of (duh!) My Little Pony one shots! Please feel free to DM me with a request (anything but lemons) they can be in human or Pony form...