Emptiness // Emmett Cullen

By cbdauthor

"You know, for a long time, I haven't felt normal. There's been a huge gaping hole in my chest, an emptiness... More

Chapter 1 - Twilight
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 - New Moon
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Eclipse
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 - Breaking Dawn pt 1
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 - Breaking Dawn pt 2
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
BONUS CHAPTER!
NEW STORY ALERT!
UPDATE - NEW STORY COVER

Chapter 40

9.5K 176 15
By cbdauthor

PLAY SONG

(TUESDAY NIGHT)

I sighed as I threw my bag on the ground and kicked off my shoes after getting back from studying Angela's. I checked the time and saw it was 8:09 PM. I walked over to my closet and grabbed out my mom's favourite sweater. I held it in my hands staring at it before bringing it up to my nose and sniffed it.

I felt the tears fall from my eyes as the faintest smell of her perfume filled my nose. I hugged the sweater to my chest as I covered my mouth. I took in a deep breath as I walked over to my bed and grabbed her urn from my bedside table. "Grace Marie Rowe" I whispered as I traced her name. I grabbed her sweater and the urn walking over to my window sill.

I sat down on the seat and placed the earn on my window sill as I hugged the sweater to my chest. I heard a soft knock on the door and was shocked to see Esme standing with Danielle. "Hi Mal" She said softly and I gave a small smile. "I'll give you guys some privacy" Danielle said before she closed the door gently behind her and I heard her walk away.

"I came to see if you were alright. Emmett has gone for a quick hunt with his brothers but he promised he'd be here after he gets back" said Esme as she walked over to me, sitting at my feet. "Thank you" I whispered as the tears filled my eyes. "Oh Mal. Come here" She said before wrapping me in a tight hug and I closed my eyes letting the tears flow as Esme held me for a few moments.

We pulled away and she brought her hands to my face wiping my tears with her thumbs. "I just can't believe it almost been a year already" I said shaking my head slightly. "I know. I know exactly how you're feeling which is why I wanted to see you. I didn't want you to feel alone" Esme replied and I nodded.

"It just kills me that, a year ago she was still alive right now. She was still here. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was in her hospital room sitting right beside her. We had just finished the Chinese I had snuck in because she hated the hospital food. I can remember, she was brushing my hair like old times as we watched an episode of Friends on the TV. I don't know why but on this night, she was back to her old self. I thought maybe it was her getting better. I remember lying my head on her bed falling asleep with her running her fingers through my hair gently. That was the last time I saw or heard her alive" I whimpered fighting back a sob.

"I'm so sorry Malory" Esme said as she held my hands in hers, a look of sorrow on her face. After a while, Esme left. I placed my moms urn on my bedside table and turned off my light before climbing into my bed. I began to cuddle her sweater when I felt my bed dip and turned to see Emmett. I rolled over and buried my face in his chest trying not to cry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke the next morning and turned to the time. It was 5 AM. I covered my eyes as I began to cry. On this day, at this time, 1 year ago exactly, my mom passed away in her sleep. After a few hours of lying there, looking up at my ceiling, I got up and changed into some black jeans, a sweater and threw my hair into a messy ponytail. I slipped my shoes on and grabbed my bag walking downstairs.

I walked out of the house and out to my car. I unlocked it before climbing in and sighed as I buckled my seatbelt. I rested my head on the steering wheel as I fought back the tears. I blinked a few times and took in a deep breath before pulling out of the driveway and heading to school. As I drove a memory flashed through my mind.

*Flashback*

Mom and I were in the car on the way to school jamming out to some song that was playing on the radio. We both burst into a fit of giggles as the song ended and I turned to my mom. "Hey mom?" I said grabbing her attention and she turned to me as we stopped at a red light. "Yeah?" She replied.

"Do you ever wish that you were married or anything?" I said and she scrunched her eyebrows before shaking her head. "I learned a valuable lesson from my mom growing up. She often chose her boyfriends over me and I always swore that when I had a kid or kids, nothing would come before them. Not a man, not a job. Nothing. Besides, I don't need a man. I have you and that's all I care about. You're the best thing that ever happened to me Mal" She said as she placed her hand on mine and I smiled.

"You're the best mom ever" I replied and she smirked before flipping her. "I know" She said sassily before we burst into laughter.

*End of flashback*

I wiped my fallen tear and pulled into the school parking lot. I turned off my car before climbing out walking through the rain into the school. I headed straight to the music room closing the door behind me. I walked over to the piano and placed my bag down grabbing my music book and began playing some random keys before beginning to play my song.

After I finished I covered my face as I began to sob. "Babe?" I heard the familiar voice of Emmett said and looked up to see him. I rose from my seat as he walked over to me and I walked right into his open arms continuing to sob as he held me. "I thought I could do it. I thought I could handle this and be strong but I just can't!" I cried.

"Shhhh. It's ok babe. You're hurting and you have every right to cry your heart out. You lost a very important person in your life. Don't ever feel like you should be ashamed for how you feel" Emmett said as I cried. "Let's skip today alright? I'll take you somewhere" Emmett said and I nodded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After skipping school with Emmett I headed home. I parked my car in the driveway before climbing out and walking up the steps to the door. I walked in and saw Danielle in the kitchen reading the mail. "Hey" I said as I hung my coat up on the rack. "Hey. How was your day?" She asked as she looked up at me smiling. "Uh ok I guess" I said before heading for the stairs.

"Oh Malory! A letter came for you" Danielle said as she walked over to me. "A letter came for me?" I said confused and she nodded. She handed it to me and I took it looking at it suspiciously. "Malory Rowe, 265, Ridge Avenue" I read as I walked up the stairs to my room. I closed my door behind me and threw my bag down before sitting on my bed.

I cautiously looked over the letter once more before ripping it open and beginning to read what it said.

Dear Malory,

I hope you got this letter in time. You're probably wondering who this letter is from. My name is Marcus Henderson. I'm your father. I know this is very out of the blue for me to contact you but I thought I was time that I reached out. I'm coming into Forks on Thursday for a business trip but I was hoping to meet you. If you want to, please meet me at the Carver Cafe in town at 6:30 pm Thursday night. I would really love to talk to you. If you need to contact me, my phone number is 555-7632-805.

Sincerely,

Your father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 48.1K 22
[Just so everyone that reads this book knows, I have made the decision to just leave this book to rest. I won't edit it ever probably and no future s...
170K 4.6K 65
This a Twilight love story. What if Bella Swan had a sister, and that person was you? Will you go through the same troubles as your sister, or will l...
18.2K 427 21
Almost 30 years after Jasper lost Alice to the Vultori, he thought he would never love anyone like that again. That was until Livia came along. She w...
Love Bites By ki

Fanfiction

80.4K 2.3K 20
Twilight x Reader ••• Your name is (Y/n) Swan. You just moved to Forks from Arizona, to live with your father, Charlie. On your first day back you de...