In the eyes of her beholder(B...

By S_Mmak

Tragedy brings two people from different backgrounds together . Gabriel is an Italian billionaire and Sierra... More

DISCLAIMERS
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
UPDATE
UPDATES
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Chapter 12

2.1K 138 2
By S_Mmak

Gabriel's POV

I woke up to the birds chirping sweetly, I could guess the sun was coming in through the blinds. Being blind made your other senses sharpen up. My sense of smell and hearing were becoming up to par with that of a werewolf I'm sure. Yesterday after my breakdown I decided there was no point crying over my situation, it was probably punishment from God for all the things I did in the past. Before I get my surgery I'm going to try and live the best i can in this situation.

I heard a knock on my door and i was sure it was Sierra. She never does listen to me, I told her I didn't need her in the morning anymore but she wouldn't ever listen. When she gave me a hug yesterday I felt like everything would be better someway, somehow. I don't know why but everything felt right when she was comforting me. It's probably due to the fact we had been each others companion  for the past month. I was getting really used to her, in the beginning it was so annoying but now I've learnt to depend on her. She wasn't as bad as I thought.

"Mr.... I mean Gabriel. Would you like me to get your things ready?" She asked me. I told her to call me by name and not add any Mr or Sir. It felt nice hearing my name like that from her.

What was I even saying, I probably can't think straight any longer.
"Sierra I've told you so many times it really isn't necessary for you to come in and help me get ready. I can do it myself. Atleast to an extent."

"Are you sure? The last time that happened you made a mess out of your whole closet." She retorted. That was true but atleast that would make me seem less of a burden even though I was her greatest burden right now.

"Well Gabriel that's my job and that's what I'm being paid for so I don't think its tells well of me if you get yourself ready in the morning. So with that said let me get your bath and necessities ready." I could basically hear her smile. She is so pushy. I heard her walk away probably into my closet. After some time she came back to where I was and helped me up.

I wonder what she looks like, I thought to myself. Why was I thinking that. Geez man get yourself together. I had no idea why i was thinking about that amidst this whole commotion.

Sierra's POV

I was outside his room waiting for him to get done with his bath, pacing from one corner of the hallway to another. He would probably be done getting dressed right? Who was I even asking. Without any much ado I knocked on his door and he told me to come in.

Woww he looked like a whole snack but when does he ever not? I did a pretty good job on picking his outfit today. Casual but breathtaking. He had on a grey Nike t-shirt that hugged his whole torso and biceps alike. He looked hot with water trickling down his hair and black jeans that hugged his tighs appreciatively. How could some one look this good? It wasnt humanly possible. Remembering we had to go for breakfast, I cleared my throat and walked towards him.

We were currently having breakfast and this morning while I was having my bath I decided to talk to him about going to the garden. I wanted him to have a bit of fresh air, he had been cooped up in this house for the longest time without even going outside. I felt suffocated and i wasn't even the one who lost their eyesight. You can imagine how he felt. Deciding to put on my big girl pants, I asked him.

"So Gabriel I was thinking" he lifted up his face from his plate as I started talking, keeping his cutlery down, I continued. "If I no no no uhmm I mean if we could go out to the garden today you know to get some fresh air. But if you don't let me it's fine." I finally completed my sentence.

He laughed at me. What kind of reaction is that? I was expecting him to shout or something.

"Sierra are you scared of me?" My eyes bulged out after he asked that question.

"I'm not scared of you Gabriel. It's just that I was trying to exercise caution you know." All the while I was saying this he had on an amused expression.

"Well good, I'm not a monster. I know I've been a bit tough on You." I snickered, a bit he says. And realising what i did, I bit my lip. This stupid mouth of mine. Sierra why did you snicker I'm sure he heard you for sure. But if he did he didn't show it cause he continued talking.

"But i was just generally angry at the world. I hope we would be good friends from now on. And yes i also feel like I've stayed inside this house for a long ass time. I would like to go to the garden." I smiled hearing his 'kind of an apology' if you would even call it that. But I won't argue with that I'll take whatever i can get.

                        **********

We were currently outside sitting on the swing in the garden. The weather was so nice today and it really felt like it was summer time. I wondered what  Alexis and mum would be up to. I hadn't gotten any replies from my sister yet and i was getting a bit worried cause i know she would reply to my text messages immediately but trying to get the best out of my time with Gabriel, I put that at the back of my head.

We had been sitting in silence for a while, the only thing I've said so far is if he wanted a cool drink and that's nothing. So deciding to escape the awkwardness, I opened my big mouth and asked a question that had been running through my mind since forever. Well he was the one that said he hoped we could be friends so here goes nothing.

"Gabriel, I know this might be rude but i just couldn't help asking. Why hasn't anyone apart from Luca come to see you?" I saw his jaw clench and it unclenched as fast as he clenched it, his features and muscles got tense. I think I ticked him off. Ya think?? My sub conscious rang.

"Yes Sierra it's rude for you to ask." Here we go, he's going to shout at me again. "But can I blame you I was the one who said we should become friends" he continued.

"And also I know youre very observant, I knew you would have asked me this question sooner or later." This was odd he wasn't shouting, does that mean he would tell me? 

"So where should i start from? Probably the beginning." He laughed dryly.

"You have met my mum right? Well my step mum actually. She isn't that bad though. My dad and I aren't really on the best of terms. When i was younger uhmm my dad lost his wife, my mum to be precise and uhmm he dropped me off here.  This place is my grandma's, I lived with my grandmother for 4 years. Even when my mum was alive my dad never did have time for her or me, he would always go out on the oddest of hours and one day my mum decided to follow him, I remember that night very well. She left and came back to the house drunk and a mess, I didn't know what was happening cause i was just 5 years old and my mum just told me to go to bed that everything was okay but i knew that nothing was okay. My dad came back and they had a big fight and that's when my mum left but thats the thing she never came back. She died in a hit and run."

At this point my eyes were soaked with tears. And even one single tear hadn't fallen out of his eyes, I guess he let everything out yesterday.

"I couldn't grieve over her death, I didn't know why. I felt numb to pain. Every one around me was grieving except me. My grandmother decided to take me in cause apparently my dad had another family. He had a son who was 3years old and a wife, my step-mum, Sarah. My grandmother was everything to me for 4years until she died of Alzheimer's when I was 9 and then i had to live with my dad for good. I wasn't really close to my brother or my sister that they later had, but along the line I learnt that they were family whether I liked it or not. Thinking back now i was the one who decided to push them away. Every one thought we were a happy family but it wasn't the case for me atleast. I was the one who told my mum not to tell them anything. My brother is currently a vet doctor in another state and my sister goes to ballet school in Australia so it all works out i guess. If they knew about the accident, I'm sure they would stop by here immediately. My dad doesnt  care much and i don't care either.

"You know the piano you played, the one on the second floor? That's my grandma's. She would always play that song for me so when I heard it I was really alarmed and i reacted the way i did. I'm sorry about that."

He apologised to me, at the moment i was all water works. Sobbing and sniffing. I couldn't stop my tears from flowing. How lonely he would have felt and here i was thinking I had it bad, yes my mother preferred my sister a little but she gave me all the love in the world and even my dad did too although he is late.

I didn't even know when he put his palms on my face and cleaned my tears to the best of his ability.

"Don't cry Sierra, see this is exactly why i don't go around telling people this story." He said while retracting his palms away from my face. His palms which were doing things to my body and made me feel warm. Not wanting to loose that warmth, I grabbed his hands immediately and put them back on my cheek with my palm above his, I didnt know what I was doing as the only thing I was thinking with was my heart and before i knew what was happening I put my lips on his, he didn't respond to the kiss at first, he felt frozen even and then i started regretting this decision until I felt his lips move on mine too and i did what everyone else did when they were kissing someone i closed my eyes.

Ooouuu guysss things are getting real.  The next chapter is already up so guys don't forget to check that out. Okay?
Also don't forget to share, vote and comment. How did you guys like this chapter and what you feel about their kiss?? Xx 💗💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 168K 38
He has everything he'd always wanted and with the snap of his fingers he gets anything he desires except for one thing... Angel Mario Rossi is a Ital...
331K 10.9K 44
Lucas goes to a job interview, to work as a maid for one of the richest men in America, Anthony Dante. What happens when he is forced to wear a woman...
498K 13.3K 48
When Allison's step mother and sister betrayed her for her wealth. Along with her loving husband, her world came crashing down. They throw her on st...
5.8K 205 22
Working for a rich family like the Thompson's, knowing that she was just like them once was hard for Amelia. The fact that she now had nothing left a...