The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

Pilot

19.7K 327 59
By slRose18qn

Hey guys,

Thank you for giving this book a chance, I know most of you have probably read many many fanfiction books on The Vampire Diaries, but every book is different. And like every other stories this has a slow start because the best parts doesn't come until later.

To those that are re-reading this again, some parts maybe different and new because after I took this down I had to reconstruct it. This was temporarily taken down for some re-modelling and editing, and I've added some of the chapters that I've left out so it's all good now. I feel like it's complete with all the chapters.

I do not own The Vampire Diaries or any of its characters just my own character, everything else is from its original owner.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I got a call from Sheriff Forbes in the middle of the night when I was out partying at a bonfire with a bunch of drunken teenagers. She informed me that my parents and Elena had an accident at the Wickery Bridge so here I was.

I was surrounded with the flashing lights of blue and red, everything was just a blur. I couldn't focus to hear anything. I was still comprehending the fact that Sheriff Forbes just told me my parents were dead at the bottom of the lake and somehow Elena miraculously survived that and was found at the bay.

Jenna came as soon as she was notified about the accident and was comforting me and my sister. Elena was given CPR and put on the gurney with an IV strapped to her but she was still groggy from the impact.

She asked us where our parents were but I couldn't tell her.

Sheriff Forbes came up to us with a sympathetic look and I know she means it because she's known us when we were little toddlers. Her daughter Caroline is my best friend.

"I know this must be hard for you to accept this but those bodies are definitely Miranda and Grayson Gilbert." She told us and I close my eyes at the truth.

I shook my head. "This can't be happening."

"I'm so sorry." She said.

Elena was crying hysterically as I held her tight. "Where's Jeremy?" She asked.

"It's better if he's not here to see this." I told her.

I was crying in silence when I felt like I was being watched, I looked around but didn't catch any staring at me. I felt a chill crawl up my spine.

"We've got to get her to the hospital." The man that's been taking care of my sister spoke to us urgently. Jenna nodded to him.

"Laura you go with her. Jeremy and I will meet you at the hospital." She said and I just nodded.

I hopped into the ambulance with Elena and spent the entire ride to the hospital in silence to mourn over the loss of our parents.

~ ~ ~ Four months later ~ ~ ~

I've been staring at myself in the mirror as I got ready for school when I got distracted tying up my hair. I remember when I was just a little girl my mother would always help braid my hair when I couldn't. I actually knew how but I purposely said I couldn't so mom could do it because she did it so much better.

But I stopped asking for her help as I got older, the last time she braid my hair was when I was 10. I never asked her to help again after that, and now I guess I never will.

In the end I chose to leave my hair down and curl it like I always do. I quickly clip on some earrings and a matching bracelet and applied some lip gloss to start my day.

I heard a knock on my door. "Hey, can I borrow some money?" Jeremy asked and I frown at him. "You're gonna get some from Jenna anyway she probably didn't make lunch."

"So true." He said and I laughed.

We head downstairs together. "Toast. I can make toast." I knew also knew she didn't make our breakfast in time. Jenna's still new to this whole guardian thing.

"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena said pouring herself one.

Jeremy went over and stole her cup, she was annoyed but let it go and poured herself another one, I did the same as Jeremy and grabbed that one.

"Urgh! Seriously guys!" She said pissed. "It's all about the coffee, Elena." I said just to annoy her and she just rolled her eyes.

"Hey, girls. Knock it off." Aunt Jenna warned us. "It's your first day of school and I am totally unprepared." She rummaged through her bag to pull out money for each of us.

"Lunch money?" She held them up but Elena rejected the offer so Jeremy took her share and I took mine.

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Elena asked Jenna. She checked the time on her wrist watch. "I'm meeting my thesis advisor... now. Crap!" She yanked out the hair tie that was holding her bun and was rushing to get ready.

"Then go. We'll be fine." I said, ushering her to leave before she's even more late. Jenna smiled before scattering off leaving the three of us behind.

Elena turned around to us. "You guys okay?" She said with a concerned look like an older sister.

Jeremy rolled his eyes annoyed at her. "Don't start." He said leaving with his coffee.

She turned to me. "Don't give me that look, Elena. You'll be the one getting most of the sympathy today." I said before leaving as well.

"Laura..." Elena called out to me but I ignored her. "At least let's go to school together!" She yelled.

"No thanks, I'm hitching a ride with Caroline!" I told her as I grabbed my bag from the couch and walked out the door.

A car was waiting for me and it was Caroline. I wasn't able to catch her over the summer break so I was happy to see her again. As soon as I hoped in the car, she surprised me with a bone crushing hug.

"Oh my god, Laura! I am so sorry. Are you okay?" She asked squeezing me in so tightly, I couldn't make a word properly.

"Easy Care. The girl's gotta breathe." I said fighting to breathe between her tight hug. "Oh sorry!" She pulled herself away from the hug that was killing me.

"I'm fine. Thanks for caring." I said.

"Well that's good to hear." She said starting the car and we made our way to school.

"How's Elena doing?" She asked and I immediately let out a groan. "I don't know. Why don't you ask her?" I scold at Caroline.

"Hey, don't use that tone with me!" She slap me on the arm.

"I'm sorry. It's just that-- I am so sick and tired of people always asking about Elena. I mean for the past few months people have been coming up to our door asking for Elena. Like 'Hello? I am her twin!' Why isn't anyone showing any concern for me?" I complained.

"Well, maybe it's because you're so cheerful all the time that people assume that you have don't show it that you're sad over your parents death." Caroline said making up an excuse for those people.

"Don't make it sound like I don't have any gratitude towards the people that raised me." I protested.

I sigh in irritation and looked out the window and completely ignored Caroline who was talking about her goal for this year. Of course people will be asking about Elena, she's perfect.

Why would they want to know how Laura is feeling? Just because she was in the car crash doesn't mean she should have more attention than me or Jeremy. I mean we are both victims of the loss.

I should get the same sympathy as Elena. We are twins!

Only difference is that Elena has dead straight brown hair and she wears just t-shirts and jeans, sneakers and jackets. Luckily I have more taste that she does, I have curly hair with highlights and everything I wear always end with leather jackets and heel boots.

We arrived at our school and the first person I spot from afar was my boyfriend, Tyler Lockwood, with his jocks of friends playing catch with the football.

I separate from Caroline because she wanted to find Elena and I totally lost interest so I ran towards Tyler. He hasn't noticed me yet so I secretly snuck up on him and was thinking about tackling him down.

He noticed his friends nodding behind him to me and was about to turn back when I was already at his face and tackled him to the ground. We both fell on the ground hard with me landing on top of him.

"Wooh. Easy there." Tyler said with a groan.

"Awww sorry. Did I break a bone? Tyler Lockwood getting crushed by a girl. How funny is that?" I teased him and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Are you still on for tonight?" I asked lying comfortably on him.

"Of course I am. Want me to pick you up?" He asked me. "Nah. Just meet me there, okay?" and he nodded. I got off and helped him up, we locked hands and went to class together.

Gross. First period was history with Mr Tanner who I hate so much because of his cocky attitude. He thinks he knows everything about the civil war and every other time in history he wasn't even born in. I swear some of his facts are wrong yet he won't admit to them.

"Once our home..."

Everything after that was just blah blah blah. I zoned out the moment Tanner started talking. Honestly the guy cannot teach so I started texting Elena out of boredom.

She was two seats in front of me I was sitting way at the back, I hate sitting at the front. It was way too close to Tanner.

I started texting her when I caught some really hot guy staring intensively at her. I think he's a new kid 'cos I've never seen him before. I want to know his name.

Hot guys staring at you~

He's been staring at my sister ever since he walked in here. It was a bit creepy but still hot at the same time. Elena texted me back right away.

Shut up.

I roll my eyes and notice Matt staring at me weirdly. I gave him the 'what' look.

~ ~ ~

After class was over with Mr. Tanner we moved on to our next class until we were on a break. I walked out to the field to find Tyler when I saw him pushing Jeremy back and I ran up to them instantly just in time to break up the fight.

"Hey hey! What the hell is going on?!" I intercepted.

"Nothing!" Tyler glare at Jeremy.

I went over checking to see if my brother was okay but he slapped my hand away and walked over to Tyler right in the face.

"If you hurt my sister or Vicki, I swear to God, I will kill you!" He threatened and walked away. I was stunned at his behaviour.

"Jeremy! Jeremy!" I call out to him but he completely ignored me.

I turn back to Tyler. "What the hell was all that about? What was he talking about?" I asked.

But Tyler didn't answer my question. "Nothing he's just crazy." He said and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He tried to lean in to kiss me but I covered his mouth and pushed him away. "No come on. Tell me what is going on? Why is Vicki involved?" I asked him crossing my arms at him.

He sighed rubbing my arms. "Nothing. I swear to you. Nothing's going on. We just hate each other that's all" He said and I just roll my eyes.

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

After I took my shower I wrap the towel around my body and blow dried my hair before going over to my closet to pick out my favourite clothes for my date. I wore a sleeveless white lace top and blue skinny jeans. I curled my hair and put on my make up and grabbed my handbag before heading downstairs.

"I'm leaving Jenna!" I yelled when I got to the bottom of the stairs. "Don't be out too late!" She yelled back.

I gave her the ok and opened the door but to my surprise standing outside our door was the new kid from school. He stared at me weirdly for a long time.

"Can I help you?" I asked him and he was a little flustered. "Sorry I was going to knock... um."

Somehow he seemed taken back from my appearance just staring at me absentmindedly. "I uh-- I'm Stefan. Stefan Salvatore." He introduced himself extending out his hand.

I happily took his hand and introduced myself. "I'm Laura."

He was staring at me for a while which was getting a bit uncomfortable and I slip my hand away from him. "You must be here for Elena." I thought and he looked at me with the look that said 'how did you know?'

"I saw you staring at her in first period, it was a bit creepy... but romantic. If you're trying to hit on her you might have a chance. She just broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago." I told him. I don't know why I was taking this much to a total stranger.

He was flustered from my teasing and I thought it was cute, I decided to stop and call Elena for him. "I'll get her for you. Elena! There's a really cute guy waiting for you!" I yelled.

I notice him blushing at my comment about him being cute and giggled to myself. Elena finally came downstairs to greet Stefan.

"Hey." She smiled brightly.

"Hey."

He smiled back and their eyes were caught in each other. They were totallygazing at each other saying nothing as if they forgot the whole world around them. It was so awkward for me to watch them.

"Ooookay~ I'm just gonna go now." I excused myself and Stefan stepped aside for me to walk out.

I got in my car and drove myself down to the grill to meet up with Tyler but when I walked in but I couldn't see him anywhere. He must be late like always. However I did see Jeremy talking to Vicki but it looked like they were having an argument. I walked over to them when Vicki rolled her eyes in disgust at me.

What did I do to you?

She walked away pushing past Jeremy and he was left alone staring at her longingly. "Hey what's going on with you two?" I walked up to him.

"Nothing. Just leave me alone." He walked away but I followed him. "Jer, I'm just looking out for you." I said and he lazily turn himself around.

"Oh no, not you too." He whined and I straighten my face when he said that. Elena must have gone all controlling over him again.

"Excuse me?" I kept the same face placing my hand on my hips and he backed down, hanging his head. "I'm sorry I just--" He started but I cut him off.

"It's fine. Jer. You don't have to apologies, this is just going to be a phase. When you're ready just come talk to me." I told him and he nodded.

"Now that we have that settled. Let's talk about this morning, what did you mean when you told Tyler about hurting me or Vicki?" I asked him.

"It's nothing." He said avoiding the subject.

I frowned at him. "How is that nothing? What's going on? Are you hiding something from me?" I asked and he avoided me. His eyes widens when he saw Tyler walking into the grill, he immediately leaves before I could say anything more about the topic.

"Hey baby, did you wait long?" Tyler wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I smirk before kissing him back.

"You know you shouldn't keep a girl waiting." I wrap my arms around his neck. "Urgh get a room you two." Caroline gagged and I rolled my eyes at her.

She walked past us with Bonnie behind her, she gave me a wink before leaving after Caroline. I laugh with Tyler and we both went over to our seats to order our lunch.

Once he drained his juice Vicki came over and grabbed his glass. "Do you want another refill?" She eyed him asking in a sultry voice.

"I love one." He responded to her in a way I did not like at all.

When she left for his refill, I looked at him "What was that?" I asked him. "What was what?" He said acting dumb.

"That! You gave her that look!" I protested. He look at me and shrugged.

Now I know there's definitely something wrong between the two of them. I just hope it's not what I think it is.

~ ~ ~ Morning ~ ~ ~

I couldn't get last night's feelings off my chest and this morning's class didn't make it any better because it was Tanner's class. Like usual he was boasting about his knowledge about the civil war and going around the class asking questions from students that don't even like him.

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle?" Mr Tanner asked the class but no one answered so he picked Bonnie who was doodling in her notebook.

"Ms Bennett." He point her out.

"Um. A lot. I'm not sure. Like a lot." She responded and everyone laughed at her response. "Cute becomes dumb in an instant. Doesn't it Ms Bennett?" He insulted her.

He asked Matt and Elena but none of them could answer his question. He was pushing it on Elena that I felt the urge to punch him in the face when Stefan spoke up.

"346 casualties. Unless you're counting the local civilians." He answered.

Tanner looked at him surprised. "That's correct Mr--" He paused when he forgot his name. "Salvatore." Stefan told him.

"--Salvatore. And you connection with the originals settlers here in Mystic Falls?" He asked.

"Distant." Stefan responded.

Tanner acknowledged him and proceeded with the class. "Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle." Tanner said.

"Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. There were wrong. It was a night of great loss." Stefan corrected him.

"The founder's archive are stored in civil hall if you would like to brush up on you facts. Mr Tanner." Stefan told him straight embarrassing him in front of the class.

My jaw literally dropped at that great remark much to my amusement. "Burn." I muttered to a few other students and they started to snicker.

I looked at Stefan with interest and found myself smiling impressed at him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bonnie drove Elena and I to the bonfire where students gather every year during the first semester. It's actually an excuse to get wasted after a few days of hell in school. Bonnie and Elena was girl talking about Stefan, I mean I would join in too but I already have a boyfriend.

I can't believe Elena finally found herself a nice catch, I was so jealous of her. Stefan was unbelievably gorgeous and the way he looks at her was just hot. I mean don't get me wrong, Matt's the nicest guy you'll ever get out of this town but I guess it's the fact that we all grew up with each other. It just doesn't feel special.

I let them to talk about Stefan and went off to find Tyler but I couldn't find him anywhere in this crowd. Usually he's easy to spot because I always find him with the drunk and loud bunch. But I found Jeremy instead and he was drinking like he got his heart broke.

"Hey Jer, have you seen Tyler?" I asked him.

"I don't know but maybe you should wear a whistle around your neck. Use it to call him when you need him." He showed his sarcasm before drinking from his beer bottle.

I gave him the 'I'm tired of your joke' look. "Come on Jer, stop that. He's my boyfriend." I told him and looked around for him.

"I know, I know. But don't you think you can do better than that dick?" Jeremy stood up and asked me.

"Look, I know you don't like him and you don't have to. Just act like you're happy for me okay?" I poke the corners of his mouth up to make it look like he was smiling.

"Smile Jer." I teased and he laughed.

"There we go. There's that smile I haven't seen in awhile. Come here." I stretched out my arms and motion him to hug me. He reluctantly did.

"Make sure Elena doesn't see you drinking, got it?" I told him.

"That's why you're my favourite." He smiled. "I know." I boasted and when off to look for Tyler.

I am so not being a good sister am I?

Well that's one other thing you can tell us apart, I'm more carefree that she is and that's why Jeremy likes me more. I know that being carefree about your young brother's behaviour is being irresponsible but I figure that nagging him everyday at every hour is not going to make a difference.

I was looking for Tyler when I bumped into Caroline. "Hey Care have you seen Tyler?" I asked her.

"Honestly I don't know what you see in him." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "I know, he's a dick. Got it. Have you seen him?" I asked her again. "No." She replied sounding a bit annoyed.

"Woah, what's wrong with you?" I asked her.

Whenever Caroline gets all mean and pushy, it means that something didn't go her way and she's pouting. "Stefan. He's he's-- only into Elena!" She yelled.

Of course it's Elena.

I pull her into a hug. "Sorry Care. Maybe it's not your fate to be with him." I told her.

"I'm going home." She wiped her tears away.

"Do you want me to take you home?" I was worried for her but she shook her head. "No. No. Enjoy the bonfire. I'm fine. I'm fine." She told me before leaving.

I let out a sigh as I watched her leave. "Is she really going to be okay?" I asked myself.

But I was sure Caroline wasn't going to do anything stupid over a small heartbreak so I continued looking for Tyler. I move away from the crowd to the quiet area of the woods when I heard voices arguing in the distance so I followed them. I recognised them as Tyler, Vicki and Jeremy.

"You know you're starting to get on my nerves, Gilbert." Tyler threatened my brother. "Go Tyler! Get the hell away from me!" Vicki pushed Tyler away.

"Wow. Vicki Donovan says 'no'. That's a first!" Tyler glared.

"What the hell is going on?" I said and they turned their attention to me.

"You should really control your boyfriend Gilbert!" Vicki gritted and walked passed me with daggering glares.

I look dumbfounded at her and let out my 'unbelievable' breathe. Jeremy chased after her and I was left with Tyler who has a lot of explaining to do.

"Tyler, what the hell was that about?"' I demand an answer from him.

"Nothing." He replied. "Really? Cos that didn't look like 'nothing' to me." I fold my arms and stared at him hard.

"Look, Vicki is just some crazy girl who's obsessed with me. I don't have anything to do with her." He said and tried to kiss me but I push him away.

"Really, nothing is going on between you two?" I asked. "I swear to you." He said and kissed me.

I reluctantly let him kiss me and he pushed me up against a tree. He started kissing me roughly when he went for my neck kissing every inch of it roughly. He was getting really aggressive as if he's desperate. It was actually getting uncomfortable.

"Tyler stop! Tyler!" I tried to get him to stop but he wouldn't. He reached down to my waist and slipped his hand under my top and touched my bra.

I quickly grab his hand out of my top and shove him away. "Tyler!"

He was pissed and frustrated. "You know I'm starting to wonder if you really like me or not." he said. "We never go as far as kissing." He complained.

"I told you I wasn't ready! And I wouldn't do it in a place like this." I told him angrily fixing myself.

He sighed irritated at me. "I said that I would wait for you but if you keep dodging my advances then I don't know how long we're going to last." He said.

"So this is what's important to you?! Getting to sleep with me and then what? Move on to some other girl, is that it?!" I yelled at him.

"Screw you Tyler!" I yelled and left him.

I walked away with tears falling down my face when Elena saw me crying and ran up to me. "Laura what's wrong? Is it Tyler?" She asked.

I shake my head and wiped away my tears, I really don't want to talk to her. "I'm fine. It's nothing. We just had a little argument that's all." I told her with a fake smile.

Elena didn't seem convinced but didn't press the matter any further when she saw Jeremy being drunk and leaving the crowd.

"Jeremy!" She called out and ran after him. I quickly dry my face with my sleeve and ran after her. "Jeremy! Jeremy, where the hell are you going?" She struggled to keep with him avoiding the fallen branches.

"I don't want to hear it." He sounded pissed. He tripped over something and land on top of someone. It was Vicki and she's bleeding from her neck. "Vicki? No. My god it's Vicki!" Jeremy start to panic and so did Elena.

Jeremy touched her face when she suddenly gasp scaring the hell out of us. She quickly fainted and Jeremy picked her up, Elena and I helped him carry her back to the bonfire centre.

"Somebody help!" I called out.

"Vicki. What the hell!" Matt panicked and ran over to his sister.

"Somebody call an ambulance!" Elena yelled and Tyler pushed everyone back to give her some space.

I pressed onto her wound to stop the blood from flowing but she was losing so much blood. I did the best I could to hold the pressure and we all held in our breaths until help arrived.

The ambulance and cop came half an hour later and started asking us what we saw when we found her. But none of us saw anything.

Once they finished questioning me I saw Jeremy drinking in plain sight where the cops were everywhere. I sighed and walked up to him.

"You know last time I checked, those men in the uniforms are cops." I teased but he ignored me and took one last drink before throwing the glass behind him.

"Hey Jeremy." I place my hand on his shoulder. "She's going to be okay." I told him. He looked up to me.

"How did you do it?" He asked me, I looked at him confused. "How did you move on with your life Laura? How can you be so happy after our parents died?" He asked me.

I stared at him quietly when he asked me and sat beside him. "I don't know Jer. I just did." I told him staring into space. "Because I always think that Mom and Dad wouldn't want to see us like this. They want us to be strong and happy." I told him.

He stayed quiet. "It's not easy to move on I'll tell you that. But you just have to."

Elena came up to us after they finished asking her. "Okay. I called Jenna and she's coming to get us." I gave her a nod while Jeremy just ignored her.

"Are you okay?" She asked him.

"I'm fine!" He snapped at her. I look at her sympathetically.

My phone started beeping; it was a text from Caroline. I need to talk to you. NOW! She wrote.

~ ~ ~

Third Person's POV

Stefan vamped himself away from the bonfire the moment he saw Vicki's blood dripping everywhere. The scent of blood got to him and if he had stayed any longer he would have lost control and killed everyone.

He came home and opened the door with a loud noise interrupting his distant nephew, Zach. "There was another attack and it wasn't me." He explained before racing upstairs to his room.

He closed the door behind him and he paced his room but froze when he felt another presence in the room. He turned to the window and saw his brother Damon Salvatore standing there with a huge smirk.

"Hello brother." He smirked.

"Crows a bit much don't you think?" Stefan glared at his brother. "Wait till you see what I can do with the fog." He said.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked still glaring at his brother. "Couldn't miss your first day of school." Damon said sarcastically.

He went around the room to snoop through Stefan's bookshelf. "Got a new haircut. I like it." He said. "It's been fifteen years. Damon." Stefan said eyeing his brother.

"Thank God! Couldn't take another day in the nineties, that horrible grunge look? Did not suit you." Damon chuckled.

Stefan ignored Damon's comment and asked him yet again. "Why are you here?"

"I miss my little brother." Damon ignored his question.

"You hate small towns, there's nothing for you to do here." He said and Damon scoffed. "I've been keeping myself busy." He smirked.

"You know you left that girl alive tonight. Very clumsy of you." Stefan told him. "Ahh.. that could be a problem... for you." Damon replied smirking at his little brother.

"Why are you here now?" Stefan asked his brother again.

"I could ask you the same question. However I'm fairly certain you answer can be summed up all into one little word... Elena." Damon smirked at his brother.

"But I think you're also aware of her twin right? Quite the looker. She took my breath away... Laura." Damon smirked at his anxious brother.

"Elena and Laura. They're a dead ringer for Katherine." Damon walked around the room and Stefan watched him nervously. "But I have to say Laura looks more like her than the other one. She's got the look, the body and those seductive eyes." He said remembering her features as he watched her from afar.

"Is it working for you, Stefan? Being around Elena, being in her world. Does it make you feel alive?" Damon said in a playful manner.

"She's not Katherine." Stefan shook his head. "Well let's hope not. We both know how that ended." Damon walked in front of him.

"Tell me something, when's the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?" Damon asked and Stefan just let out a scoff.

"I know what you're doing, Damon. It's not going to work." He turn away but Damon hit him on his chest getting him face his brother again.

"Yeah? Come on. Don't you crave a little?" He provoked and Stefan was breathing heavily. "Stop it." He fought back.

"Let's do it. Together. I saw a couple of girls out there." Damon slap the side of Stefan's head, angering him even more. "Let's do it or better yet, just go straight for Elena. I'll save Laura for myself." Damon slap his brother on the side of his head only for Stefan to retaliate and push him back.

"Stop!" He yelled.

"Imagine what her blood taste like!" Damon yelled back still trying to provoke him, Stefan turned his head away trying to hide his shifted face.

"I can!" Damon said.

"I said stop!" Stefan lost control and attacked Damon lunging towards the window and landing outside on the ground.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

I met up with Caroline at the grill after she called me here desperately to comfort her. She was still mopping over Stefan who had rejected her for Elena.

"Are you sober yet?" I asked her since it was too silent.

She took a deep breath and looked as though she was getting over it but... "No." She said and fall her head back into her palms.

"Keep drinking. I gotta get you home. "I gotta get me home." I told her.

"Why didn't he go for me?" She raised her head quickly. "How come the guys that I want, don't want me?" She asked.

"Let's not talk about that." I told her for her own good.

"I'm inappropriate. I always say the wrong things.. and Elena... always say the right thing." She said in despair. She gagged before continuing. "She doesn't even try and he just picks her. And she's always the one that everyone picks."

I rolled my eyes before taking a sip from my drink. "Trust me I know how you feel."

"For everything." Caroline continued. "And I try, so hard and-... I'm never the one." I shook my head at her. "It's not a competition Care."

She paused for a short while before responding. "Yeah it is".

I gave her a sympathetic look. "I don't know how you can put up with her." She fall into her palms again.

"I've been living with her ever since I was a fetus, you get use to it." I raised my glass before drinking the lot of it.

~ ~ ~

"Stefan?" He turned around at my voice.

After talking with Caroline I came home I noticed Stefan was standing outside on the porch in front of our house just hesitating to knock.

"What are you doing out here? Elena's inside why don't you just ask for her?" I asked him. "I ah... thought she would've been asleep by now." He said nervously.

I smiled to myself at him. "She doesn't sleep until later. After what happened tonight, I don't think she will be able to sleep at all." I walk up to the front porch and open the door.

"Would you like to come in?" I asked him.

He looked at me nervously before smiling. "Sure."

I smiled back and led him into the house. "Elena! Stefan's here!" I called out to her. She came from the kitchen and was surprised to see Stefan there.

"Stefan, hey." She face brightened and he smiled at her.

They were doing it again, staring at each other and completely forgetting that others were around them.

"Ooookay~." I slip past them before going upstairs to my room.

I quickly got changed and removed my makeup, brushed my teeth before going to bed. I turned out the lights and laid in bed staring at the ceiling thinking how I was going to face Tyler tomorrow.

I close my eyes to let the darkness consumed me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 3.3K 23
Victoria Gilbert. Elena Gilberts older sister, you might know her, you might not. Both girls had a normal life until the Salvatore brothers, Damon an...
91.4K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...
187K 4.9K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...
212K 5.3K 48
One car crash changed her life forever. Jessica Gilbert was a normal teenage girl, she and her sister were cheerleaders, they had tons of friends, an...