Race Relations

By ladyinwaiting

Leila is a young and sexy magazine editor. Open minded and accepting of everything and everyone. She loves di... More

It's never a Matter of Black and White
Coffee Stain
Doubts and Interrogations
Bumping Heads
Coffee and Milk
Chinese in Bed?
I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up
Doctor's Office
Office Date
Elevator Fright
White Chocolate
Univited Guest
Suprise Guest?
Explanations and Realizations
Passion
Controllers have the power
Sad Realization
British Jealousy
Lets have a distraction
I missed you
Make love to me please...
Goodmorning Drunkie, Id like to have my sex now if you please
boys and their urges and jealous ways
Our first fight
Accelerated emotions
Call me when you want a serious guy
Until I am no longer addicted
Going to Rehab (part 1)
Long lost cousins
"Laura Meet Mike, the Manwhore!"
Hold on to that
Wanting to be part of something real
First comes the rainbow, Then comes the rain
The skin she's in
How love is selfish
I'm Perfectly Fine!
Confessions, Confessions and Hidden Secrets
Blossoming Love
Reunion
The End Of An Era
The Decision

Bliss

30K 1.3K 205
By ladyinwaiting

 I figured you guys need closure :) Enjoy

Laughter through the apartment. The Christmas tree gleamed with adornments and lights while the train that steered silently under it encircled the mountain amount of gifts that was under the tree. The smell of pumpkin spice and ver green filled the air.  The winter breeze flowed in slightly from a cracked window that they had open to balance the heat coming from the apartment heater.  It was snowing outside. The falling snow went down rapidly, on a mission to cover the city. It was the eve of Christmas. Leila's mother attended to the pig;  a tradition of the  latin and Caribbean people on the night before Christmas, she had educated him. Nathaniel's mother happily was happily helping Mrs McNeil. His mother looked happy and slightly drunk. Those two hae been nursing the jar of eggnog to themselves the entire  night. It warmed his heart to finally see her so incredibly happy. Mr. McNeil had been  strumming his old guitar lightly and humming silent night while the McNeil clan ran around the apartment. Nathaniel took a sip of his bourbon, he never imagined this. He clinked his glass against Marco and Mike's. This was a good year. 

                   Laura and Merlina ran around collecting the small children in trying to get them to stand still and take a picture. Merlina spotted a caramel silk dress that draped in the middle of her breasts. Laura skin glowed in the creamy white dress that she wore. Her hair done in bouncy curls that are tied up midway at the back while Leila sported an evergreen silky green dress. her hair done in a updo but small sections of fly aways were loose and she had not bothered to fix them back in their places. She was smiling. She was happy. Nathaniel gushed at the fact that he had been part of that happiness. He loved that woman. And he loved the tiny version of her that was now pulling at his legs to get his attention so she ould be carried. She would turn 1 in February. He could not believe that it had been almost two years since they had close a malicious chapter of their life Robyn was the symbol of their new life. To his surprise and delight, she came out darker than they both expected. Leila often joked that Nathaniel may have black genes that he was not aware of. she is of deep caramel tone, her bright hazel shines through her fluttering dark eyelashes. her honey brown girls afroes around her face and reaching the tip of her eyelashes. Nathaniel picked Robyn from the floor and stared at her. Every time he looked at her he remained in awed of his daughter's beauty. her cupid bow nestles symmetrically under her nose and her smile lights up the entire room. "Hello my darling Robyn" 

"Hi...daddy" she responded in the most adorable voice and then nestled her head in between his neck. 

"Jesus we make some beautiful babies boys" Mike glowed while he played got your nose with his own bundle of joy. nine moth of Eva was  giggling, content to being in the hands of her father. "Right baby?" he asked her. "Right? who's going to break some hearts when she grows up?'" he ogled. "Or maybe I'll just put you in a nunnery before those little bastards can get a hold of you. 

"That is simply because we have beautiful women as partners" Nathaniel responded with a smile 

"Speak for yourself, trying to be all humble. Screw it. I'm a beautiful man. And I'm taking credit for half of that genetic pool." Mike said with a laughter.  He looked at his daughter in his hand. it seem that Harrington clan had broken the streak of boys because both he and Nathaniel succeeded with girls. Did he think he would have a child and leaving with a woman all in the span of a year and some months? No. absolutely not.  He had benn dragged kicking and screaming.  Did he love her? Yes. But when he found out about the pregnancy, he practically fell ill. Having a child  with someone took on a whole new aspect for him. After the shock, he loved every singe minute of Laura's pregnancy. even picking out the god damn paint color for the nursery.  

"I'm still in awe that we're fathers" Nathaniel responded 

"Well, I'm trying to stop being a father" Marco replied. His brown sweater matching his brown eyes "Melina  has two and she's pushing for a third. That's a little ridiculous  don't you think" 

"One thing I've learned with people with these women of color" Mike said "Is that they're all crazy. Psychosl. You can't fight it. If she wants a third baby, she's going to have a third baby. Your opinion isn't needed to them. Only your penis and its little children" 

"Pretty much" Nathaniel laughed 

"Honey!" Leila yelled to  Nathaniel

"What is it sweetheart"

"Would you be a dear and help move the stools over to the children's table please" 

"Ah Leila" Nathaniel moaned.  Mike and Marco stifled a laughter. 

"Want us to pick your balls off the ground as you walk away" Mike said as he busted into laughter along with Marco. 

"Shut......" He stopped himself. "Be quiet!"  and the boys busted into a harder laugh.  "Wanna help daddy sweetheart? You should tell mommy that daddy want to be duty-free this Christmas Eve. He just wants a nice cigar along with his bourbon. Would you tell mommy this" He talks to Robyn as he walks forward to Leila. She smiled at him and reached over to place a kiss on his lips and take Robyn out of his hands 

"I love you too" she tells him. "it'll take you five minutes and then you can go back to playing with your friends" 

"Actually, I was really enjoying my daughter " 

"don't do that" she chided him as she frowns her brows 

"Do what?"

"Every time I ask you to do something, you use Robyn as an excuse to not do it" she accused

"Me?"

"Yeah, You!" she pointed "Robyn darling, tell daddy that he's not fooling anyone" Robyn busted out in giggles while expanding her arms out to Nathaniel

"Daddy... Daddy" She pleaded. Nathaniel extended his arms to take her back. Feeling betrayed Leila gasped

"Robyn! You would rather be with your father than me!" Robyn continued to giggled and instantaneously jumped back into the arms of her father and planted a kiss on his lips. "daddy!"  She exclaimed. Nathaniel glowed.

       When the clock hit ten,  the apartment bursted into animation.  First his two sisters Nathalie and Nora  came at the doors bearing incredulous amounts of presents. they were both accompanied by their significant other. Like their brother, they both had rich dark hair matched with their baby blue eyes.  Nora sported a black baby doll dress along with bright red flats.  Her sister  Nathalie however wore a tight body oceanic blue dress and white pumps. "Nathaniel!"  They both yelled in unison. "Leila! Robyn!" Look at you guys!" Nathalie added as she squeezed them in a tight embrace 

"it's nice to see you guys also" Leila responded as she squeezed back 

"She's gotten so big! Robyn comes to auntie" Nora asked her as she picked Robyn out of Nathaniel's arms 

"He won't let go of her" Leila explains " He barely even lets me hold her"

"I can see why" Nora said as she snuggled Robyn's nose. " She is such a gorgeous child"  

After Nathaniel sisters, came Leila's brother Derrick and even more of her cousins.  Soon everything would be ready. Everything had to go as planned. He wanted everything to be perfect.  He walked over Leila and kissed her deeply. She kissed him back  with much fervor. "Do you know how much I love you" he tells her

"Not as much as I love you" 

                Leila's mother as well as Nathaniel's mother were putting the roasted pig, the turkey and ham on the table. The air  filled with spices.  Leila felt weightless. She was so freaking happy. She felt like she could fly.  She looked around and saw the entirety of her family and friends. New and old ones alike. She loved it all. As she passed  Lilliane, Nathaniel's mother. After all they've been through, she smiled at Lilliane and then hugged her. Lilliane hugged her back. "I'm so happy that you're with my son. Thank you for allowing me to be here" Leila stood back from the hug, still touching Lilliane's arms as she reassure her. 

"I wouldn't have it any other way. Robyn adores you" 

"Ok everybody" Nathaniel announces. "How about we have toast!" he said excitedly as he popped open  one of the Moet bottle as Mike and Marco open two others. He  carefully poured Leila's as she admired his outfit. She always appreciated how pleasing he was to the eye. He wore a light blue shirt with a navy blue tie accompanied with a dark woolen navy blazer along with a navy floral patter scarf that Leila had bought him. With fitted khakis and dark brown classic Oxford buck for shoes. He looks absolutely dashing Leila thought. As he pours the champagne, his hand seemed to tremble slightly. "Are you cold honey" 

"No. I'm good" He told her. After all the champagne was poured, even in the glass of the adolescent teenagers, Nathaniel clinked his glass and everyone tuned quiet. "Hi everyone" He Started. "Thank you guys for making this trip for today. It really means a lot to Leila and I to have you guys here." He continued as he swallowed a long gulp.  "Leila and I as people have gone through a lot these past couple of years, and we've also gone through so much as a couple. When I came to this city , I  was a person that was sheltered from the world, sheltered from the realities of life and I guess God wanted to pull me out of that cocoon because within that first week I met the most wonderful extraordinaire woman in the world." 

Suddenly Leila's pulls stated pulsing. She tried to make eye contact with Laura but Laura only smiled at her. 

"Anyway," Nathaniel continued "After meeting Leila my eyes to the world became much more open. Much more accepting, much more human and I have to thank her for that " he continued while looking directly into her eyes. "If  3 years ago I told you I would've pictured myself here, with you wonderfully diverse and unique people. With my mom , and my sister celebrating Christmas with an overly mixed and diverse family and friends I would have dismissed it. Because of Leila, I stood up for what was right. Because of Leila I learned that different people can actually be very similar. Because of Leila I have friends." he said with a laugh and everyone chuckled along "Real friends!" he added "And because of Leila I am the proud father of Robyn; this unimaginably beautiful daughter" he continued as he took Robyn from his mother. "Thank you so much my love" he said as a tear welled up in his eye. Leila smiled backed at him.  " Leila darling after all we've been through, I can't imagine my life without you. so....." 

Oh my god, Leila though. He's kneeling. He's freaking kneeling. Would she say yes? Well of course she would say Yes.  What is wrong with You Leila Mc Neil. Do not ruin this night. Say the right words. She clasp her hands over her mouth ensuring that she would stay quiet for the entirety of his speech. He continued. " I can't leave without you. I get sick to the stomach when you're not near me. I love the way you laugh, the way you dance, the way you love life and how much of that has made me a better person. I love that you  a wonderful and warmest mother to our child. I love how you try to lift heavy things around the house unwilling to ask.  I like a woman who can unscrew her own lightbulb" he joked. " But most of all I love how you make me want to be a better person.  A better father. And every day i find something about you that I fall in love with, so.... with all my rambling, Leila McNeil will you do me the honor of being my wife and putting up with me. "  Nathaniel finished. Oh My God ill that Leila could think of. He opposed. He finally proposed. That son of a butch finally propose. Just the other day she wanted to put a sign in their living room that would have read "THE NEXT STEP IS MARRIAGE!" but  she didn't have to! Because he proposed! Tears welled  up in her own eyes. She absolutely loved this man, their daughter and their life together. so how could not 

"Yes !" She exclaimed and Nathaniel place the 14 carat diamond ring at her ring finger "Absolutely Yes!" she continued while she took Robyn in her hand in order for Nathaniel to stand up. "I love you so much!" And everyone started clapping and excitedly started to hug and congratulate their recent engagement. Leila caught a glimpse of outside, the white snow covering new work and te Manhattan lights shining through. This is perfect. 

"Mama" Robyn addressed her. 

"What is it sweetheart" She said as she smiled and pinched Robyn's cheeked. 

"I love you"  Her heart melted. 

"Well, I love you too, munchkin. More than anything in the world. " 

"Hey!" Nathaniel accused 

"And I love your daddy just as much" They kissed. Right under the mistletoe, surrounded by friends and family. The snow fell silently in the background while the festivities around  them continued. But they were alone. As they only saw themselves. The three of Them, Nathaniel, Robyn and Leila. Their own little piece of happiness

Thank you guys  soooo  for sticking with me

Follow my blog at 

http://because-blackgirls-duh.tumblr.com/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 108K 70
After her parent's death Kyla Daniel's view on life changed completely. The one thing that didn't though was the undeniable hatred she had for the sc...
1K 94 24
"I have bad news, sweetheart," I heard my mother's voice crack as she spoke those 5 words. 5 simple words that when are put together is the most nerv...
7.5K 150 19
"I don't care about your shitty outlook on life. I love you, damn it." ••• She's never associated herself with the people in town. Just the thought...
18.8K 1K 23
****HE WHO STOLE MY FIRST KISS IS AN INTERRACIAL STORY!!! If you do not like interracial romances then please spare me the rude comments. Thank you.*...