The Lies That We Tell

Oleh emliarad

❝𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢�... Lebih Banyak

𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥
𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐭
𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞
𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝'𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞
𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞
𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩
𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥
𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜
𝐬𝐞𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐜𝐨-𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝
𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐭
𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥
𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧
𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐣𝐨𝐲

2.2K 94 11
Oleh emliarad

He had no reason to feel guilty. He did nothing wrong. But if that was true, why did it feel like he rushed Theo to tell the truth to his mother?

He had felt so betrayed and angry for Theo's lie that he basically ignored him for three days. Could that be the reason why he came out to his mother so soon even though he was so afraid to do it earlier?

If they were on good terms Theo would have probably wanted to wait longer. Did that make Quentin a bad person? Shit, he really did the one thing he swore not to do ever and rushed his boyfriend to come out. As he talked with Theo, his boyfriend was quick to disagree with him on this.

"Listen to me, you did nothing wrong. Alright, maybe I missed you when you were angry but that's not the reason why I finally told the truth to Mom. Don't take this in the wrong way but not everything is about you, babe," he said with a wink at the end before continuing.

"Even if it hadn't been that long since I met you and realized that I'm bisexual, I still felt like I was hiding a part of me from her. I wanted her to know me better. And she deserves to know that I have someone as wonderful as you as my boyfriend. So no, you didn't rush me like you were so worried about. If anything, you inspired me and gave me the courage to do it."

"That's cute. Can we leave?" And that's when his idiotic best friend ruined the moment, reminding both of them that they weren't alone in the room.

"Then leave. No one wants you here," Theo said, looking at all of their friends and not just Isaac but he just wouldn't get the hint. Instead, he just kept standing by the door with Marco, Phoebe, Katie and even Kim, looking at the two of them as if they were watching a movie.

That wasn't the romantic scenario Quentin had in mind, especially now that his siblings ran to his room and started to climb on the bed and table, apparently Daniel trying to catch the others. Every time this happened he thought about getting a lock on his door but his mother had already said no to that.

"Hey! Want to play with us?" Eleanor asked Quentin and others. Theo, Marco and Phoebe looked almost horrified at the thought of having to spend time with children, Isaac already had Everett on his shoulders and Katie and Kim stared at Quentin's siblings as if they were the most adorable people in the world which was so far away from the truth.

"I wish we could but we're going to the movies," Katie said.

"Yey!" Marco said sarcastically. None of the guys was very excited about watching a movie that the girls picked. Usually, they wouldn't have agreed but they also said that after it they would do whatever the guys wanted so it was a pretty fair deal.

"The whole purpose of doing this is to take your mind off the game. We all know you and Theo have been panicking because you got into finals and so on, good for you, but you've both been assholes because of it. So now we're distracting you," Phoebe explained and others nodded as an agreement.

"We should take their phones or they will be distracted at the movies with them if you haven't picked some war movie that guys like," joked Kim. Quentin was so happy she was finally free to come here. It had been too long since they have had time to really talk about anything, just like they used to do before she started college.

She surely was a busy woman nowadays but apparently work and college wasn't the only reason for it. After asking questions after questions for fifteen minutes straight, Kim finally admitted that she had met someone.

Even after all the begging, they got very little information about her new girlfriend: twenty-two years old Iris who made tattoos for a living. As if that wasn't amazing enough, she also lived with many, many animals in her home which alone made the soon-to-be veterinarian Kim fall in love with her immediately.

"Maybe you can bring her here to introduce her to us?" Quentin had suggested but she had rejected that idea without thinking twice.

"It's very early and I don't want you to ruin the little chance I have with her," she rolled her eyes and just like that, the conversation ended.

🍁🍁🍁

Everyone was watching the game on Friday evening after school, meaning all of their friends, schoolmates and everyone's families, including Theo's mother who had insisted to sit next to Quentin and his family.

And that's when he realized that she was, in fact, a very talkative woman when she was nervous and spoke with Quentin's parents after he introduced her to them. Now he had a chance to stop trying to look good in front of Sarah who he was desperately trying to impress.

"I'm gonna say what everyone is thinking. We're gonna lose." Katie said behind Quentin, making everyone look at her angrily, even strangers who were there to cheer up for their children. Kim looked embarrassed to sit next to her sister while Iris, who somehow ended up there, after all, laughed at them while still concentrating in the game.

After talking with her less than ten minutes, Quentin knew for sure that this was Kim's future wife. They were so perfect for each other and obviously loved each other even though no one had said it yet. Short-haired, tattooed Iris was so chill, relaxed and funny which was a nice comparison to Kim's serious, hard-working personality.

"We're not gonna lose!" Amanda rolled her eyes. Yes, she was also here, thank god. She had just enough free time from Delaware to support Theo and finally met all of their friends. Even though his boyfriend didn't say it out loud, Quentin knew that it meant a lot to him that everyone he cared about was there to see him hopefully win the championship.

"We're already losing and not just by few points," Katie frowned. She was clearly frustrated and disappointed with the way the game had started but everyone else was too and they kept their mouths shut about it.

"We still have forty minutes left, everything can happen. And if it doesn't, it's not Marco or Theo's fault. They're the best players from our team," Isaac pointed out next to Phoebe and his family. "Look at Reece, he only stands there and let others do the work!"

That was a little overreacting but Quentin could see what he meant. It was true that some players of their team had basically given up after the bad beginning. It was a shame that not everyone from their team was as passionate and determined to win as Theo and Marco.

He could see that it annoyed both boys a lot but what could they do in the middle of the game? The coach looked like he would pass out any minute and Quentin wondered if it was more because of fear or disappointment.

Another twenty minutes went by and slowly but surely their team was getting better. In fact, they were almost winning! Keyword, almost. And the worst part was that the more game continued, the more Sarah started to ask questions because apparently, she didn't know much about basketball.

She made one mistake which was assuming that Quentin would be an expert since his boyfriend was playing which wasn't true at all. Theo was her son and she knew even less than Quentin so she had no right to frown at his 'I don't know' answers! Hopefully, that didn't make her think that Theo should find a new boyfriend.

Their luck seemed to get even better and after Theo got the ball in, their team was winning which seemed to make even the worst players more active. If they won in the end, what did it matter how the rest of the game went? When Quentin told his thoughts to Isaac, he didn't sound as convinced as he was.

"I mean, technically you're right but when it comes to scholarships and all that, they look more than which team has more points in the end. But don't worry, Theo and Marco are really good today unlike some. If someone in power is watching the game they see who has the potential and who doesn't."

"Someone in power?" Quentin's first thought was the president of The United States before realizing that he might have more important things to do than coming to watch a high school basketball game.

"You know, someone who has the power to choose who gets a scholarship to college and who doesn't," Isaac explained before joining to yell with the rest of the crowd about something Quentin missed.

The game kept going for the last twenty minutes. For a while, it was looking hopeless but in the end, their school managed to win the championship! Obviously Quentin was happy about that but it was nothing compared to Theo's large smile that brightened up the room.

A/N: not my best chapter, you already know I don't know much about basketball but writing from crowd's pov is easier. Anyway, vote and comment if you liked this chapter :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

134 13 15
Sophomore Nico Rogers hasn't had it easy: His mom died, he's a frequent target for bullying, he struggles with mental illness, and a dark secret from...
9.5K 374 24
Bobby is straight. I'm gay. This should be simple. Why, then, is it so complicated? ***** Caleb hated the fact that he was falling for his best frien...
281K 10.4K 26
Charlie Holloway has great friends, good grades, a steady part-time job he actually likes, and athletic ability that makes him a star in two sports...
11.2K 890 26
[BXB] Romeo, exhausted by his apathetic relationships, is desperate to prove to himself that he can find love. Rodney, reckless and exciting, is unl...