Romance and the Rain (A Josh...

Av Aaliya93

Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
chapter 38
Chapter 39 (Epilogue)
Author's Note

Chapter 34

1.1K 8 18
Av Aaliya93

A/N: This chapter is taking place roughly a month after the last one, i apologise, it’s a little bit of a filler again but I promise I truly believe you guys are going to love the next three chapters! You might like this one too ;p but you’ll definitely love the next three!

These past four weeks have really flown by! It seems like just yesterday I was nervously sat asking my parents if I could move out and yet it has been a whole month! In which, Josh has officially met both of my parents, I have transferred my course from Nottingham Trent to the University of Surrey in Guilford, and I have officially moved to Surrey!

*flashback roughly two weeks ago*

I was sat on my windowsill seat looking out of the window, waiting for Josh; I hadn’t seen him in over a week now because of his band commitments. Of course we Skyped every day but seeing his face on a screen really doesn’t compare to actually seeing him standing right in front me. Put it this way, all the HD technology in the world cannot do his piercing blue eyes any justice. Eeek!! A rusty white van just pulled into my driveway!!

I jumped off my window seat and ran over to the dressing table, re-applying the lip gloss that was sure to be smudged again in seconds. I ran my hand one last time through my hair to push it out of my eyes and ran down the stairs and out the front door. I grinned a massive grin as Josh started smiling while he parked the van up, as soon as the engine stopped, he jumped out and pulled me into a massive hug crushing me to him. His lips met mine, crashing together with a sense of urgency and pure passion, my hands tangled in his hair holding his head to mine. Gosh, I’ve missed this. We pulled away momentarily gasping for air, pressing our foreheads together, my arms still cradling his head. “Hello” Josh laughed, with a huge smile on his face.

“Hiya” I replied, biting my lip. I lowered my hands to take his, and started walking inside. I could feel his hand shaking slightly so I gave it a reassuring squeeze. “Relax hun, they already like you. You’ve got nothing to worry about.”

“They liked me before you decided your moving across the country and listed ‘to be closer to me’ as one of your options. And they liked me before they found out I’m taking you across the other side of the world.” He argued.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes, “you really think they would let me do all that if they had any shadow of a doubt that you would make me unhappy in any way, shape or form?” I countered. I watched as Josh opened his mouth and shut it a few times, at a loss for words. “Close your mouth sweety, you’ll catch flies” I said smiling in satisfaction that I had won; I stretched onto tiptoes, and kissed him softly before cuddling into his side and walking through the front door.

Mum came hurrying out of the kitchen and gave Josh a hug “Hey Josh, nice to see you again, how are you?”

Josh returned the hug, smiling at my mother warmly. “I’m really good thank you Stella, and how are you?” he replied.

“I’m really good too, thanks Josh” mum put her to the side, looking me and Josh over the adoration clear in her eyes. I smiled, a little uncomfortable at the way she was fawning over us and leant my face into the back of Josh’s shoulder only to hear my mum’s “awww”.

“Uh, Stella! Have you done something new with your hair? It looks lovely.” Josh said changing the subject. I saw him flash a quick wink at me and I stared at him, communicating just how grateful I was to him.

“Awww thank you Josh!” Dad chose that moment in time to walk through the living room door and mum glared at him “hah, look at this Ally; Josh notices but your father doesn’t! Typical isn’t it! Yes, Josh I had my hair done just yesterday actually.”

Dad shook Josh’s hand and nodded courteously before he grinned mischievously at mum, “I’m sorry Stells, I was busy staring at those beautiful eyes of yours. They tend to make me forget everything else.”

Mum faked vomiting, and smacked his chest lightly. “shurrup you soppy git” she rolled her eyes at me “dinner in 20 minutes, okay?” she told everyone and headed back into the kitchen. I laced my fingers through Josh’s and lead him to the sofa, he took the end seat and I sat right next to him with his arm draped around my shoulders hugging me to him. Dad sat on the sofa opposite us and began making conversation with Josh, I smiled at dad and mouthed ‘thank you’; I was really grateful he was making an effort.

“So Josh, you’re taking my Ally to America then?” “Umm yeah, everyone decided that we really want Ally to write our book.” Josh turned his head down to look at me speaking softly “we trust her and we know she’ll be brilliant.”

“Uhhh Okay. But I’m holding YOU personally responsible for her. It’s up to YOU to look after her and if I hear of anything otherwise it’ll be YOU I come after. Okay?” I stared in shock at my dad, I mean I know he is my dad and I was expecting something along those lines but my god that made me crap my pants, I can’t imagine what is going on in Josh’s head.

I shifted my head to peek up at Josh’s face; he looked directly at my dad: “I will personally protect her with my life. I love your daughter and I would not allow anything in this world to ever cause her harm or pain. I will stand by her side for as long as she wants me to, and if for any reason I cannot keep her safe, I will be standing on your doorstep. You can do your worst but I can guarantee it wouldn’t make me feel any more pain than the mere idea of Ally being hurt.” My eyes welled up and I smiled as I felt a tear roll down my cheek, there was no way in hell anyone could doubt the sincerity in his voice or on his face. There was no irony in his voice at all; nothing but pure love and emotion. Even my dad was stunned with Josh’s confession! Mum had walked in at some point during that speech and she too had tears in her eyes, she walked over to Josh and took his hand mumbling a “thank you”.

That ‘speech’ had won my dad over, my mum already loved Josh, which was apparent from her ‘awww you and Josh would have the cutest kids ever’ conversation she had with me after meeting him once! So sitting down for dinner in the rarely used dining room was actually more comfortable than I would have thought possible. The four of us sat down and my parents excitedly chatted to us about America and reminisced on a holiday they had taken to Los Angeles a few years ago. Josh had already been once as part of the Warped Tour but hadn’t had much time to see the actual city so we were both impressed by the stories being shared.

Dinner passed by quickly and the next day Dad insisted we go out and buy some stuff for my new apartment in the morning and then me, Josh and Dad loaded the van. It was really nice to see the two of them getting on so well, they were talking just like old friends would. Standing back, it looked like they had known each other for years, it was incredible to see them so at ease with each other. Mum came out and handed me a thermos of coffee staring at her husband and my boyfriend chatting easily while loading the van (borrowed from Chris’s brother’s band). “That was quite something wasn’t it hun.”

I smiled instantly aware that she was referring to what Josh had said, I must say I felt rather proud hearing what Josh had said, and I don’t think I have ever heard anything more romantic in my entire life. “He did well; even your dad was impressed! He loves you darling; there is no doubt about that. Believe in that okay. You’re beautiful and it’s obvious he thinks the world of you.”

“Thanks mamma” I replied smiling, I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she smiled back.

“I’m really gonna miss you sweety. Please be careful, stay safe, and ring me every day, okay?”

I gave my mum a hug holding her close “every day. I promise. I love you mum” “I love you too Ally.” She wiped her eyes with the back of her left hand. I took her right hand and led her to the guys.

I turned to look at my dad. “This is it kid. I’m gonna miss you” he said, I could hear the emotion thick in his voice and I hugged my dad tightly. I felt the tear roll down my face and I smiled sadly.

“I’m gonna miss you too dad. But when we get sorted you have to come visit and I’m going to ring you every day anyway. You’ll probably get sick of me ringing and disconnect the phone or something”

“yeahh right kiddo! Take care. I love you.”

“I love you too dad”, I gave him one last hug and a kiss on his cheek before heading towards the van. I watched as mum gave Josh a big hug and dad shook his hand again, this time actually smiling and looking genuinely sad to see us go. We hopped into the van, Josh obviously driving and me sitting next to him, I stared in the side mirrors and I could see my parents waving us off. Josh laced his free hand through mine, giving it a small squeeze.

*end of flashback*

Once I had arrived in Surrey, I had set up a meeting and I talked to my lecturers and they have all agreed that as long as I abide by the rules of the final project I could hand in my published book as the Final Project for my course!

After many discussions with the boys I had a pretty clear idea of what they wanted with the book, it seemed they were after a studio diary. A book explaining a bit about the songs on the new album and a little look into the recording process. I had insisted that each band member must read and sign the drafts of the entries to ensure they were happy with everything that had been said. There was no way I’d let them guys come back and sue my ass for not being happy with it; I could totally imagine Max and Matt trying it on just for a laugh!

****

My legs gave way and I collapsed on the sofa of in the new apartment, "why is it so hot? This is England!" I whined. Normally I wouldn’t have minded the heat but this week me and Lex had been hard at work perfecting our new home. I looked at Lex lying face down on the laminate floor of our spacious living room; I rolled off the brown 3 seat sofa and onto the cold floor.

"Better?" She asked. I nodded in her direction, too tired to form a reply.

All morning we had been hanging up our curtains, setting out the cushions, sorting out lampshades, rugs, flowers etc., basically all the essential finishing touches we could add to the flat now that all the painting had been done. The temperature in London was bordering 26 degrees every day and that made it so difficult to do anything. This time next week, I would be in sunny California writing the book for the guys.

Our last few days we had all decided should be spent together as Lex wasn’t coming to America with us. She couldn’t take the full time off from work but had managed to take three weeks off so she would be joining us about halfway through instead- much to Max’s delight.

Lex and Max had now been dating for a whole month, they were the most adorable couple you have ever seen, whenever I see them together I’m just thinking “awww” and I know Meggy and even Josh think the same. We spent all week as one big group of friends, bowling and ice skating and going to the cinemas and having epic FIFA battles. By Thursday I was starting to feel really really excited, the guys had dubbed Friday as Date Day. Meaning that was the only day in the week which would be spent as couples. Matt was the only one who was single so he decided he would be arranging a date with himself and the Colonel at the closest KFC if anyone needed to find him.

It was Friday tomorrow, I lay on the cold floor of our finished living room, cooling down and wondered just what tomorrow would hold.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

189 25 15
You were running in the rain" I will be there in time, just wait a little longer" Dazai X Reader
71.4K 2K 28
what if p'phayu hurt rain? what if sky ignore him? how will rain move on? who will be rain's saviour?the one that comes with the promise of forever...
8.8K 471 13
❝ π‚πŽπ”π‹πƒ 𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 π˜πŽπ” 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 πˆπ… 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 πƒπ‘πŽππ‹π„π“ 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π€πˆπ‘? ❞ ─ 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘒π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘸π˜ͺ𝘡𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘡𝘰 𝘦...