I Got My Mind Set On You - Be...

By Dreamcast45

Kara Roberts is a Jewelry maker from Warren, Ohio who lives with her boyfriend, Gerald Rush in Los Angeles af... More

Cast of characters
Instagram
Chapter one- Coming home
Chapter two- The BBQ
Instagram
Chapter three- the bartrayal
Chapter Four- A safe haven
Chapter five-I got my mind set on you
Instagram
Chapter Six-Shopping
Chapter Seven- Dinner
Instagram
Chapter Eight- The Trip
Instagram
Chapter Nine- Hawaii part two
Chapter Ten- Feels like the first time
Chapter Eleven- The Luau
Instagram
Chapter twelve- Leaving Hawaii
Instagram
Chapter 13- Back to work
Chapter fourteen- An annoying visitor
Chapter fifteen- Grocery shopping
Chapter Sixteen-Getting some advice
Chapter Seventeen-Talking to Holly
Chapter Eighteen-Another Facetime Call
Chapter Nineteen-Reunited and it feels so good
Instagram
Chapter Twenty-One-Party Time
Chapter Twenty-Two-The Talk
Twenty-Three-Peace, Love and Understanding

Chapter Twenty-Tea Time

322 11 0
By Dreamcast45

Sun hit the room in the morning. Kara eyes widened, forgetting she wasn't in her own bed, but loved the feel of Ben's sheets over her naked body; and how the mattress felt so comfortable; like laying on a cloud. She almost didn't want to leave it for the day.

Turning over and expecting Ben to be sleeping next to her... He wasn't. She Instead found a note in his place and it read:

Dear Kara,

Went out to get coffee and breakfast. Be back soon.

Love,

Ben.

Kara smiled put on her silk robe and walked downstairs. She went to the fridge to grab some juice, pouring it into a glass. She then grabbed some plates from the cabinet and set them down at the table and silverware, just in case. She took a sip of her juice as Ben came in with the bags of food. Kara rushed over to help him. "You know... we could've just gone out for breakfast."

Ben smiled as they unpacked the food. "Yeah, well... I forgot to go shopping and you looked so peaceful, sleeping, that I didn't want to wake you."

Kara grinned at him. "You're sweet." She said putting away the veggies, then the meat, and other pairable items, but not the fruit. She was really craving it for breakfast. She cut it up, while Ben got out the containers with their scrambled egg whites and whole wheat toast. She looked at it puzzled.

Ben noticed that, "Just thought we'd go lighter since he had all that Chinese food last night." He handed her, her coffee to soften it.

Kara lightened, "Good call. I wanted something light." She brought over the chopped up berries and melon and Ben put the eggs and toast on their plates. "Though, I may have some as a late-night snack." She teased and took a sip of coffee before taking a forkful of eggs.

Ben laughed, "How do you stay so fit?" He asked taking a bit of melon.

Kara shrugged, "I take long walks and it's all in moderation and good genes, I guess." She continued to eat.

"So, what do you want to do today?"

Kara thought about the question, as she really just wanted to stay in again, but she knew she would be bored, "Go to Paris." She joked and they laughed,

"Actually, lets take Frankie to the park."

Ben lit up when her heard that. She wanted his two girls to bond. She liked how Kara took a liking to her and he knew Frankie liked her, she was just a very shy dog. "Yeah, we can do that. She'd loved it." He rubbed her shoulder. They finished the breakfast, cleaned up and, Kara grabbed her purse. Ben got Frankie's leash and they walked to the dog park.

Once they arrived there, Ben let Frankie off the leash, and she ran around the park, sniffing and just discovering more of the park, since there weren't any dogs around, it was like it was a new place to her. Ben and Kara watched her have her fun and Kara thought she could get used to this, but she didn't want to push Ben on it yet. They just sat there, hands in each other's hands enjoying the peace.

A thought then came to Kara's mind. "You know what I've never done, not even when I came to visit on the Bo Rap set?" Ben looked at her curiously, interested as if to say what. That's just one of the things Kara liked about Ben... He was a good listener. He wasn't a big speaker especially with the other guys. Joe might've played the quiet member of Queen, John Deacon, But Ben was the quiet one, but when he did talk, people took note, because it meant more, just like now. "Had tea. I mean like the proper kind like how you do it here."

Ben looked at her in surprise, "Really?" He thought she did join the guys for it at one point. "Oh, yeah. Well, Gerald didn't like tea, so we thought you didn't either."Kara shook her head, "Not true. I drink tea a lot. But I guess it wasn't a good thing to hang with you guys without him." She shrugged.

Ben looked at her, glad that things are different. She moved on from Gerald, and now he had her all to himself. "But now you can. Do you want me to call text Gwil? See if he'll met us?"

Kara smiled, "Sounds good."

Ben smiled and texted Gwil. He replied to Ben within a few min, saying he'd love to. He then turned to Kara, "It's a go." Kara smiled and they continued to watch Frankie. Soon other dogs came into the park and she played around, before Kara and Ben had to go home to change for the tea.

------------------

At 3 o' clock in the afternoon, Ben and Kara showed up to the tea house a few blocks away from Ben's flat. She was surprised that Gwilym wasn't too busy that day; but that's the life of an actor. Sometimes their too busy to even send a quick text back and other times when wanting for auditions, they seem to have all the time in the world. This was the latter for Gwil, which made Kara happy.

Kara was wearing a white sundress; her last time to wear one if she was going to stay in London. She just hoped she didn't have her rotten luck with spilling things on it whenever she wore white- coffee, red wine, beer, food. Today she wanted to avoid that curse, especially in front of two of the greatest, classiest men on the plant.

Ben was wearing a standard black suit and Gwil was wearing one two as Kara noticed as they were led to the table. Gwil stood up and gave Kara a hug and a quick friendly kiss on the cheek. "Nice to see you, Kara. You look lovely as usual." He embraced Ben.

"Thank you, Gwil. You look sharp yourself. Glad that you can make it today." She said sitting down and the men followed, and the server handed them their menus.

Gwil smiled as both her and Ben sat down after her. " Thank you, Kara. How are You? How's your family? How's the business."

Kara looked up at the menu she was reading, trying to pick which tea and finger sandwiches she wanted. "I'm good. I'm here in one of the greatest cities in the world with the greatest guy." She placed one hand to his that didn't have menus as he had been there many times before. My business is going well. Holly's minding the store back in LA. To tell you the truth, I don't know how much longer I want to run it."

Gwil, looked at Kara confused as did Ben. "What do you mean?" Gwil asked taking a sip of his water on the table.

Kara sighed, unsure of how to say this, as she hadn't had time to talk to Ben about this. She was waiting for the right time, so she was thinking about what she was going to say and choosing her words carefully, "I just don't feel like LA is home anymore. I only came out there for college and of course, I ended up staying for you know who. Now, I don't know what to do."

Gwil thought about what she said for a minute. He looked at Ben, as he had never heard her talk about this the whole time they were away from each other. He wasn't sure if he should suggest that she should move to London if that not what she was thinking. "Well, you'll figure something out. Maybe you'll like it here enough to stay." Gwil suggested, nodding to her and Ben. Ben had a hopeful look and Kara nodded and smiled to Ben. "We'll see." They both grinned and Kara went back to the menu.

A server came back up to the table. "Have you decided on your order." Gwil and Ben let Kara order. "Ladies first." She smiled, "Ill have a Darjeeling and the fresh Water tuna." The guys ordered the same.

They chatted more for the next hours. Before Gwil had an idea. "Hey, Kara... what do you think of all of us having a party?"

Kara poured them both another couple of tea before pouring herself one. "Another one? Did you guys have one two weeks ago after Ben came back?"

"Yes, but I thought we could introduce you to our London friends." Ben offered, taking a sip of his tea.

Kara nodded her head, "I'd love that. Let's do it." They men were pleased and they finished everything and Gwilym and Ben split the bill.

A/N: Hope everyone had a lovely Halloween. -Erin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.3K 31
A collections Joe Mazzello Imagines including his characters and himself
17.7K 509 110
Caitlyn just got of a toxic relationship she was going through a dark stage of her life only to be come close with her best friend Imogen's boyfriend...
379K 9.4K 87
[Completed - Ben Hardy] Aria Song Mercury came on as a favor to the set of Bohemian Rhapsody. What happens next she never expected - love, heart brea...
46.4K 1.4K 40
"We don't have long." "When I'm with you, time is irrelevant." When the past meets the future and brings a relationship with an expiration date. Y/N...