Chapter 13- Back to work

Kara found herself feeling lonely on the drive home. She could spend the day alone, trying to create a new jewelry design, but she wasn't feeling very creative, so, she just decided to go to her store and check on it. Hopefully the kindness of costumers would take her mind off of missing Ben. 

She walked into the store and saw Holly a friend from college that she hadn't talk to in awhile and needed a job, so Kara thought she would help her out"Hello, Holly. How are things here?" She asked hanging up her purse behind the counter.

She smiled as she was bringing the Jewelry from the back. "Hello, Kara. Things have been going well. Your pink and black line of diamond necklaces have been selling like hot cakes."

"Oh, that's good to hear." Kara smiled, glad that things have picked up.

"How was the trip with Ben?" She asked, happy for Kara seeing that she found someone to hang out with after Gerald.

"Oh, it was lovely. Never been to Owhi before it was nice. He's flying now as we speak to London, so I thought I'd come back and work."

Holly looked at her in sympathy, "Must be hard to be away from him now. You two must've gotten closer during the trip."

Kara nodded, "We did and were going to make it work. I go and see him in two weeks.

"Oh, sounds lovely. If you need anyone to watch the store again while your gone, I'll be more than happy to help."

Kara smiled, "I might just take you up on that offer." She smiled again and a costumer walked in and Kara took that one to give Holly a brake. She took the next one that came in after that. 

They went like that threw out the day and when it was time to close, Kara and Holly counted the sales up and saved them on the computer. They then went to close and as they walked out to their cars, Kara turned to Holly. "Hey you wanna get dinner tonight? I haven't seen you in so long I thought we'd catch up."

Holly bit her lip to Kara, "Sorry Kara. Sophia and I have a hot date tonight. We also haven't seen each other a lot since she was in Tokyo on a photography assignment."