Chapter Four- A safe haven

Kara put more of her energy in her store, trying to make sales for her store. Trying to make sure her investors not regret giving Kara a chance in her business. Even if one of them was Gerald. She was heartbroken and, in such shock, that she hadn't even broken up with him yet. It should've been in her thoughts when she saw him with Olivia. What had gotten into him to do that with her in the bed they shared while she was even around the house. She kept playing it over in her head.

"Hey!" A familiar voice called out to her, snapping out of her thoughts as she was behind the counter. She looked over to see who it was. It was Rami. Even thought he was friends with Gerald first, his presents was a comfort to her right then. "You okay?" He asked her trading lightly. As he knew she must've been upset. She sighed, he must've heard it from Joe about Gerald cheating on her.

"Yeah, I'm doing... No, I'm not okay, but I have the business, so things could be worse." She said fighting back tears.

Rami stepped closer to Kara. "I know that this is hard on you. You don't have to put on a brave face. It's ok."

Kara nodded and fell to the floor just let it out, she couldn't believe she was crying in front of an Oscar winner and at work, but it was bund to happen at some point. Rami walked over to her, sat down next to her and put his arm around her in comfort, letting her cry on his shoulder. Once she was done, Kara spoke, she looked back at Rami, "I'll be fine. I just need to find a new place to live now."

"Where are you staying at now?"

"At a motel. I don't really have any family in town."

Rami shook his head, it wasn't not good enough for Kara. "You don't deserve to stay at some shitty motel. Would you want to stay at my place?"

She raised an eyebrow to him, "I couldn't. I wouldn't want to put you out. Plus, wouldn't Lucy be upset that I a now single girl is staying at your place?"

"First of all, you wouldn't put me out. I'm never here. You would be doing me a favor by taking care of it. I don't even live in LA anymore. I'll pay you so you won't feel like your mooching if that's of concern. And second of all, Lucy thought of it."

Kara smiled, "Okay. I'll stay at your place. I'll go get my stuff at the end of work and move in tonight." She stood up and so did Rami and then hugged Rami. They let go a min later.