The Underworld's Moon

By thunderheart15

**This is a BoyxBoy story that is unedited. It was written in 2009 and finished in around 2015. You've been w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Please Read Note!
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
A/N: Sequel
A/N: Final Decision (2018)

Chapter Sixteen

21.2K 406 56
By thunderheart15

                                                       Chapter Sixteen

                                                       Change of POV

I didn't get it. I was standing here, offering him food to eat and all he was doing was staring at me like I had five heads instead of one on my shoulders. Did I do something wrong? I mean, I was pretty sure that I didn't swear at all when I asked him or didn't sound harsh-but-still-ordering-him-around tone. I hadn't, right?

So, whay wasn't he taking it?

My patience was starting to run low again and that was the last thing I need to do. He will flinch if I start snapping now. Maybe I should count to a hundred? What the hell? I don't even have the patience to even do that!

Just fuck it. I decided easily mentally. I clenched the tray and began to tense up. I started to open my mouth, about to tell him to---

"Um. Thank you." Faolan murmured before he hesitantly took the tray from me, which I easily let go for him. He glanced up. "Ah... Master, did I do something wrong?" He asked me nervously.

I blinked a few times before I shook my head, putting my hands out in surrender instantly. "No!" I blurted out. "You didn't do anything wrong! Just eat!"

Faolan gave me a weird look which probably symbolized are you going crazy? but I pointedly ignored it. I moved a few steps back so I wouldn't hovered over him like I usually did when I'm around him. The goal here was to make him comfortable and treating him better... Not take the opposite effect.

Watching him, Faolan slowly began to eat the food. The first thing he tried was the red looking eggs that we got in the underworld. The thing is... our birds that we recieve eggs from aren't completely chicken. Some creepy scientist decided he wanted to alter them to make them better, produce more kind of thing... Well he succeeded but now the birds were smarter so it can be difficult to catch them at times. But of course, the scientist was proud of his work then moved on.

"They're sweet." Faolan whispered in shock, staring a little as if confused. Did he not ever had sweet eggs before?

Well, as anyone can tell, I know these eggs very well since it was a good breakfast and lunch meal. These eggs aren't completely bland but slightly sweet. So, Quorra likes to make them a little sweeter by adding some syrup to them. Not a lot but a few drops. Of course, it would still burn your mouth when it was hot but there would be no need to add pepper or anything to it since it was good as it was. But a lot of people like to make them sweeter and that would be their choice.

I nodded, smiling a little. "Yeah, a weird genetic thing happened to our chickens."

Faolan looked at me, bewildered. "How?"

"A creepy scientist thought it would help them produce more by changing their genetics a little." I admitted.

"Oh." Faolan blinked. Then he moved onto the soup because well, I wanted to give him easy foods to eat and liquids. Quorra knew what was best as always. I didn't know what she made though.

"Can you describe the soup while you eat it?" I asked him. "I never had it before so I want to make sure its good."

Faolan looked up, wide eyed in shocked.

Even I caught myself. I was talking to him as if we were friends instead of master and servant. I shook my head. "Will you?" I repeated, keeping my tone even. I frowned a little, trying to keep that stern kinda look. Damn, maybe I was softening towards him already? Impossible.

"Um." Faolan seemed a bit lost. "Sure." He looked back down to the soup. He carefully picked up the wooden spoon we had before he dipped it carefully into the soup. He acted like he was being cautious of soup which was strange but considering the actions lately, I wouldn't blame the wolf. He finally brought the creme colored soup onto the soup and brought it to his lips. He tasted it and pulled back in surprise.

His eyes glittered as if he was very happy about the taste. He obviously enjoyed it. I hid my smile. "So?" I asked him, tapping my fingers against my arms that were now crossed.

"It tastes like honey and vanilla." Faolan admitted. "I can taste the milk and the herbs in there too. But it was meant to be a comforting thing. Like a home." He stirred the soup a little. "She did add some pasta into it but it was so thin and small, I barely noticed it but the texture was there. It was hot but not so hot it would burn your mouth and definitely warmer than room temperature. It's perfect. This might be the oddest soup I ever had but I really like it."

I nodded, relieved. "I'm glad that you like it." I told him. "Quorra would love the idea that you like her soup and eggs. She's a sucker for compliments on her cooking."

"Quorra?" Faolan asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, she is the head cook around here." I grabbed a nearby stool and sat down in front of him. "She was someone I would like my dad to settle down with because she is a darling woman. A lot like mom in some sense but my dad was such a grieving fool, he only used her and toss her away like the rest. I was furious since she was with us through everything and she knew this family before I was even born."

"Excuse me but... What happened to your mother?" Faolan asked. "I figured she was murdered but..."

Suddenly, I felt that burning feeling in my chest. That hurtful feeling to remember. The fear to remember it as clear as day for someone like me. I shoved those emotions away. "I don't want to talk about it." I told him coldly.

Faolan flinched back. "I-I'm sorry." He apologized instantly. "I didn't mean to pry..."

"Don't bring her up again unless it is allowed." Getting back up, I turned away from him. "I'm going to go see Uphir now. Enjoy the rest of the food... Please."

There was a moment of silence. "I will." Faolan said quietly. "I'll be here..."

"You can't move so I expect you to be here. Rest when you can." I told him firmly before I started to head for the door. "I probably will be away for a couple hours, depending on the tasks he'll make me do today." I didn't wait for his response before I left the room and slammed the door behind me out of pure habit.

I didn't bother to check on Faolan to make sure I didn't scare him. He should be used to it by now, considering my attitude. Passing by other doors, I knew it'll take me awhile to reach to Uphir's infirmary-lab but until then, I will let my mind wander.

How am I going to find a werewolf for Uphir? I asked myself. Fuck, that means I have to visit those disgusting trading slave houses again. Gross. Downtown Underworld, here I go! I'll have to do that later or after I ask Uphir to check it out.

Okay, I decided that I'll remind myself why Uphir was here again. Uphir was a creepy, weirdo that my dad used to know growing up. My dad likes to tell me that Uphir wasn't always like that. Yeah, right! So now we got a creepy scientist doctor a live and we had to get use to that fact. I bet he only stayed around because he secretly liked my mother but never confessed. Those were my suspicions honestly. Creepy suspicions but it was what I believe.

But back to this werewolf situation. Okay, plans! Visit downtown and visit every slave house to find a werewolf. There must be many. Secondly, give him up to Uphir for research. Lastly, be done with Uphir but want updates on werewolves since I must take care of one. Simple as that.

Eventually, I went into a daze kind of walk trapped in my own mind.

I honestly just want to go back and care for Faolan. To get him better as soon as possible and oddly, I kinda want to get to know him more. I don't understand this new emotion I have. Was this compassion? Companionship? I did not know but for now, I'll just go along with it. But it did feel more than that. I mean... There was so much I would want to do to make it up to him but I also want him.

Weird emotions besides anger lately. Not going to dwell further into it that was for sure.

Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the infirmary-lab that Uphir loves to be in. His doors are the dark oak doors with the sign above it in gothic letters that wrote, Infirmary & Lab on top of it. I didn't bother to knock since why should I be decent to a man that I don't respect? I grabbed the door handle and swung the door wide. "I'm here!"

There was a loud crash and I see something come right at me, instinctively I closed the door to shield myself. I heard things stick or fall from the door. I waited a moment before I stepped back in. I gave the mess a drole stare as there was three butcher knives in the door and broken glass with probably acid on it.

"Nice way to greet the Prince." I called.

"You should of knocked!" was his easy answer. "Best way to learn to too."

"Yeah, if they weren't, oh I don't know, dead?"

"Shush and enter already!"

"No, leaving this door open so I have an escape." I answered warily. I stepped into the infirmary-lab which was split into halves.

See, one side was an infirmary which was quite similar to a doctor's office or a hospital really with all those beds and tools. But we aren't as upgraded at the Upperworld. Yes, we had heard the stories and we envy the technology we wished we had. It would improve our lives significantly for the supernatural species. Which was what Uphir was trying to learn the secret of through medical and science means. The other half was obviously a science lab. Tubes, glasses, beakers, chemicals and all.

I wasn't going to describe anymore about this place. I hate it here so why should I give away any more information about it? All everyone needs to know its like the rest of the castle. Spacious, wooden everything, herbs, medieval ages, and insane.Yup, sums up things here.

"Aw, someone doesn't trust me!" gushed Uphir, who finally came into view, his hands stained in blood and so was his sleeves.

"I wonder why." Giving his hands a pointed look. I shook my head, grimacing. "You are one crazy piece of shit, you know that?"

"You've swore a lot less lately." Uphir commented. "I'm impressed."

"Okay, look here dipshit." I snarled, now annoyed. "I am kinda in your services but I do got other fucking things to do then this. So you're going to fucking listen to me, asshole. I've thought about going to the slave houses to find you a werewolf and I was hoping to do it now, dumbass."

Uphir whistled. "You definitely came back swinging." He chuckled and began to wash his hands off on a rag. "Here I was hoping to use you to my leisure today. But you have a good point there as how else would you find me another werewolf to expirement with when you're stuck here?"

I crossed my arms. "So what will it be, dickhead?"

"Geez, the insults lately." Uphir smiled. "Yes, you can escape me by searching. But here's a list for you to get me anything else while you're out just in case you don't find one today." He handed me a piece of paper.

I looked it over and glared at him fiercely. "Fuck no. These are highly suggesting that you want me to not only get them but wear them too."

"I have more than that otherwise I don't know what you mean." Uphir said, innocently despite his creepy, cold usual look. Yes, he can switch from cold, diabolical man to annoyingily choatic.

I shoved the list to his face and point to the words maid outfit, chains, write your fantasies, act like a doggy for me by panting, buy a collar and the list goes on. "Oh you fucking don't? Well, I think I understand fucking well."

"Oh, good then I know you'll do it for me!" Uphir said in delight. He turned me around and shoved me out of the door. "Now, go be my good demon prince servant and go do as told!"

I twirled around, about to protest but then the doors slammed right in my face. "Fuck!" I snarled, stumbling back and rubbed my stinging nose. "That fucking hurt, you bastard!"

Of course, he ignored me completely. I grounded my teeth together before I crumpled the list and put it in my pocket. He did write other things besides what would shamed me and meant for his research or medical needs. But still, damnit! Turning away from the door, I stomped my way to the front of the castle. Then I made myself a new resolve:

I will find another werewolf because there was no fucking way I'm going to do what that insane, creepy bastard's list if I came back empty handed!

                                                      Or else there will be Hell to pay.

________________________

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late chapter! And really sorry if its shorter than normal but I thought it was a good way to end the chapter. Working on Faolan's chapter now :)

So what did everyone think of this chapter? Surprised? Uphir is being weird huh? And does anyone think Verin will find another werewolf?

SmurfyWriter made me that cover off the side there which is her/his (sorry I haven't checked your profile to see your gender) view of Verin. I can't tell if those are brown or blue eyes but I swear Verin has blue eyes and doesn't wear earrings lol But I thank her/him very much for making me this cover!

Don't forget to comment, vote, like, share, add to library and/or fan :D Thank you all so much!

Have a great day & night and an amazing pleasant reading experience!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 11.3K 11
On his first moon, Aden shifts into a stunning white wolf with red marking, the sign of a perfect sub, the dream of any dominant male. To him, it's a...
684K 31.3K 35
[WARNING!!! BOYXBOY!!! You have been Warned!!] Ciel Young is a sixteen year old boy who is singled out in his village as 'peculiar' in a nice non-thr...
581K 23.7K 25
This is going to be a boyxboy story, so if you don't feel comfortable reading this, don't. I'm perfectly fine if you're against these things, but if...
304K 28.3K 117
After uncovering a series of grisly murders, the Holy Church sends Seren to investigate one of their prime suspects; a mysterious dhampir named Lore...