LIVING OFF

By Crissxie

Norman survived while it was Emma who was sacrificed. It wasn't meant to go down like this, but it couldn't b... More

chapter 1 •SIMPLE DEALINGS•
chapter 2 •GOING ON•
chapter 3 •HERE IT IS•
chapter 4 •WALK THROUGH•
chapter 5 •MOVE THE WAY•
chapter 6 •WE WILL•
chapter 7 •OUT•
chapter 8 •SILENCE•
•A CELEBRATION•
chapter 9 •WELCOME•
chapter 10 •KNOW•
chapter 11 •TROUBLE•
chapter 11.5 •CATCH IT•
chapter 12 •ORDERS FROM ABOVE•
chapter 13 •IN LUCK•
Chapter 14 •SHOWCASE•
•SMOOTHER THAN THE LATTER•
chapter 15 •WITHIN THE DOORS•
chapter 16 •TALES OF SUFFERING•
LOST
chapter 17 •COWERING•
MEANT
Chapter 18 ~Discussion~

•PARTY•

979 52 10
By Crissxie

Norman had always been the student model.

Everything about him seemed too perfect to believe, like a prince out of a fairy tale, Perfect, Tall, gorgeous, smart and rich. It's not a surprise when you realize he was soft but had everything on his control.

Norman is always pleasantly polite, kind and good-humored and good-hearted.

But theres always a bad side, the opposite side of the coin.

Norman is numb, cold and unfeeling.

Norman thought he was different. It confused him, how does trusting someone felt? Remorse? Sad? Happy? Guilt? Joy?

If anything, Norman was rather familiar with a certain emotion that one would never think the boy had.

Anger.

Yes, that sensation to destroy everything that frustrates him.

But truth be told, Norman isn't sure if this is anger at all. Emotions were confusing for him, in order to be seen as normal, he had to potray feigned reactions, display fake sympathy and kind emphaty. Norman had to do that so he can see himself as human.

It's like a big fat joke, Norman being fake.

But he isn't fake, he thought that maybe, if he continues to show these insidious emotions, one day he would feel them.

He wanted to feel happiness.

Yet, years passed no trace of the emotions came to his senses. His heart merely throbs painfully in his chest, nothing more, nothing less.

Only one person know this secret of his, Ray the boy of raven head with dark, sharp onyx eyes.

Ray is similar to him, the only difference is that Ray does not hesitate to show his disdain, his stoic uninterested expression, his coldness, his lack of emphaty. Maybe that is why Norman envied the raven head so much.

Ray was free, Norman was caged.

Norman frowned at his food. He sighed and excused himself, stating that he was full and no longer wanted to finish his meal. Norman grabbed his backpack and his mansion of a house, heading to the prestigious international school of elites, the University Of FFFD. whatever those acronym stand for, Norman is yet to find out.

_____________

"The gala is nearing, what are your plans for it?" Ray, the son of Isabella, owner of Gracefield Industries, started as he place his glass of water down.

Norman hummed, "The usual." The albino answered.

"Who?"

"Maybe Gillian or Gilda, could try Paula too but my chances with her are closer to zero." the albino answered under his breath.

"You are more probable to having Gilda this time." Ray stood up from his seat. "Or we could just go without partners."

Norman mused and followed the raven head as he led them to his private study.

"Without partners? sure, and our chances of having a dance?" the albino chuckled as they slid into the room.

"Get asked for one atleast 10 times, answer five request or more" Ray snickered.

Both knew they could always play their charms, the charisma that thay practically perfected. They could have anyone they wanted, no one is to refuse the highest quality.

They helped themselves with books, the contents thoroughly memorized, informations all analyzed.

"You know, this gala just might be slighty different from the other ones we've attended." Norman said, flipping by the pages of the book he is holding.

"How come?"

"The kiddos from Grand Valley is coming, and the Goldy Pond group of companies is attending as well." Norman subconsciously narrowed his eyes on the paper.

"We'll see about that."

________________

Peter walked into Norman's room with a subconscious nervous smile on his lips.

Norman quirked his eyebrows as the man approached him without greetings.

"We have rendezvous at seven for tailor, at nine for grooming. You know the routine" Peter stared down at the boy who sat quitely on his study table.

"But i want you to review your etiquette, We have some big guests attending, i need you to be perfect." the man added, his eyes looking directly at the lifeless blue hues.

Norman nodded and spoke, "Can i know the name of the elephant of the party?"

"James Ratri" is what came in as an answer.

Norman gulped.

"I am sure you have heard of my step brother but you haven't met, yes. Tomorrow he is going to introduce his chosen heiress." Peter leaned close to the boy, a smile creeping on his features.

"You won't bring any girl at the gala. We can't be dogs yapping for it's prize, we need to be wolves ripping down it's meal."

Norman's gaze hardened, if this heiress is as significant as Peter is implying right now, Norman must work on his charms to woe her, not that he had doubts he will have any trouble the second he looks at her.

"Yes" The albino answered, bowing his head.

"And address me as father at the gala" with that, Peter walked out of the room with a satisfied look on his face.

Norman frowned, his eyes transfixed at the marble floor of his room.

_______________

"Peter! How wonderful to see you here your highness!" Isabella greeted with a polite smile as she bowed politely.

Isabella was wearing a black flowing dress with her colar bones exposed in the cold early night air.

The gala was nothing less of grandiose, everyone was dressed expected exaggerated just to flaunt their wealth with the expense of their costumes. The ballroom was decorated with simplicity and elegance in mind.

"Isabella, My Lady. I count myself fortunate to see you for the night." Peter reached for Isabella's hand and gently placed a kiss.

"You flatter me, sir, when i am nothing but less of you."

Peter chuckled heartily.

"Ray, boy! How have you been?" Peter smiled at the raven head beside Isabella wearing a black suit and blue tie.

"Quite wonderful your highness, It's good to see you Norman." Ray bowed.

Norman turned to the man. "Excuse us father, i'll bring along Ray."

Peter nodded and moved on to greet more guests, accompanied by Isabella.

"That went easier than usual." Ray commented, staring at the backs of Peter and Isabella.

"We're lucky, Peter seems more lax today."

"More like smug."

Ray smirked at the albino.

An unfamiliar girl with a white hair and a white eyepiece covering her left eye strode. She introduced herself as Ayshe to the folks and successfully evaded the question of who is with for the night. The girl was undeniably a beauty and that caused suspicions to rise up.

Could the girl be James Ratri's heiress? The speculation was never affirmed nor denied, Noman and Ray eyed her in a distance.

The gala went along, Ray and Norman got their shair of offers for a dance and vice-versa. The night descended deeper and finally it's time for the awaited guest of honor to step up. The waiters stood on the corners of the room, the crowd of people visibly tensed.

James Ratri, better known as William Minerva as his pen name, known for his books, talent for a quil, envied for his status and wealth, loved for his greatness and kindness stood infront of the people of the party, calloused hands reached for the microphone. He tested the mic and said in his low voice.

"My people of the night, my honorable guests of this humble meeting. We have gathered here to meet my new heiress." The silence of the room was deafening.

"You've met Ayshe, my dearest companion, my loyal right hand" Ayshe moved up to the side of James and offered a small smile to the crowd.

Norman felt the eyes of the devil peircing his back. He slowly turned coming from it's direction, fully aware that the owner perceives malice on its gaze.

Peter had his eyebrow arched mockingly, though this is only visible for Norman. A subtle sigh escaped Norman's lips as he returned his attention to the man infront.

"But unfortunately... " James trailed off, basking the whole room in an unwelcomed tension and anticipation.

"My---"

The doors of the hall opened, and a guy with hair streaking white strands and brown walked in.

The man had a posture of a noble man, his eyes brown but gleaming in gold. His chin shaved clean, he looked like he is on his mid-twenties. Though he is more mature than his age.

He looked around and saw that all attention is now directed at him. He smiled apologetically.

"I beg your pardon for my sudden interruption. I am Yuugo the CEO of Goldy Pond group of companies."

"That's quite alright Yuugo, i am sure our guests could forgive you. Have you got her?" James went on.

"I'm afraid i lost her our way here,Your highness." Yuugo frowned nervously.

"Sometimes, i have a hard time believing what things what that child could do." James chuckled heartily and the sound sweetly resonated through the room, relaxing the people on their tense post.

"This person seemed troublesome James." Peter smiled up to his step brother with a small laugh.

"The opposite actually, she is as endearing as a saint."

"Isn't that an exaggeration?" Peter bickered.

"What i said is an understatement." James returned a smile.

The brother stared at eachother and tension ascended on the atmosphere.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A young voice came booming from the speakers.

Yuugo's eyebrows twitched in recognition. James merely laughed.

"Let us welcome! The phenomena of the century, the Lady of surprise, the delight of the night!" the voice intoduced.

"Emma of The Owls!"

The lights went off and a small focused one flickered to light. A figure from the shadows stepped in, revealing a white gown.

No words would do justice to describe what Norman was seeing.

The vibrant shade of orange stood out. Green eyes filled with something heart warming, strangely appealing. Her porcelain coloured skin rivaling even those of deemed fairest. The short sunset locks bounced softly as she made her way.

"Did i bring you the surprise of the night father?" Emma spoke smoothly, lips gently parting in soft breaths.

"Yes, yes. You certainly did my child." James answered and Ayshe beamed.

The lights went on again. And the ballroom lights made her sparkle in all angle and direction.

The whole crowd was in awe, her smile seemed so contagious that even Peter felt his own form one.

Emma is now standing beside Peter and Ayshe playfully looked at her.

"That was a spectacle."

"I give credits to Oliver."

"Just as i thought." Ayshe giggled quietly.

James coughed and the crowd snapped from it's unwavering gaze to Emma.

"Emma here will be my heiress. Anyone who questions her eligibility is to speak up."

"None."

"Very well, let the party go on."

Norman was dumbfounded, he wasn't sure if he could talk to her. His heartbeat is going wild and he couldn't stop his foot from tapping the floor nervously. In his eyes, Emma looked perfect, too good, too beautiful. He was sure his heart is doing backflips from how hard it is thumping.

What emotion is this?

Emm and Ashye descended from the platform. They were immediately flocked by the people. The list includes Peter who is the first one to open a conversation with Emma.

"My lady." Peter bowed and placed a small kiss upon Emma's right hand.

"A nobility of whome i do not know the name, Sweet sir. Do i get more honor of knowing your name as you have known mine?" Emma flashed her contagious smile and Peter was in no way to put a thrill.

"I am Peter Ratri, as a matter of fact, i am the step brother of you guardian." Peter bought a hurt expression to his face.

"Oh!" Emma gasped but did not waver.

"My lord, forgive my naivety. How could i not recognize you sooner, was it because your presence was too much for my ignorance? I beg your pardon, good sir." Emma bowed and smiled apologetically.

"I'll only accept your apology if you agree to have a dance with me." Peter held out his hand.

"Why, of course."

So they danced and Norman swore he had never felt such overwhelming anger for the man ever in his life. His blood boiled under his skin. His inner screaming at him to rip the man off the charts, that his pernicious touch should never be laid upon Emma's waist.

The dance finished. Before Emma could turn to the other guests, Peter had charmed her to meet Norman.

"Emma, this is Norman. My adopted son."

Norman then kissed the top of Emma's left hand.

"The prodigy, yes. I have heard so much of you." Emma offered Norman a sweet smile.

Peter excused himself.

"Can i have a dance with you, my lady?" Noman bowed, barely keeping his posture.

His heart practically made a backflip when Emma made her way to him. Now its like a metal piece performed in a theater, loud, warm and excited.

"I'd love to."

The gala was slightly different. Norman supposed.

_____________

Dunno if i should make part 2, might add it the next time i add bonus chapter.

Did you enjoy this? Is this satisfactory? Do leave a vote if so.

Thank you for 1.6k reads, i could never thank you guys enough.

Also please check out our facebook page: The Promised Neverland - Seven Walls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.9K 1.5K 26
" two birds on a wire~ one tries to fly away and the other... " she quietly hummed while watching her siblings and her one and only love go furthe...
6.9K 107 15
What happens when they get to the outside world and can access phones? Chaos, Huge Chaos... A/N * MANGA SPOILERS* - Emma's memories didn't get erased...
17K 367 17
'𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆' 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉...
135K 2.3K 26
After normans returns rays depression starts to get worse Alright ik this description sucks but who actually reads them Also Emma is very very inno...