Royal Pain || Stranger Things

By AintThatDevine

An English accent is bound to stand out in Hawkins, Indiana, and the town was more than willing to find somet... More

disclaimer + intro
one || the american dream
two || tan lines
three || big city
four || the new kid
five || what gave it away?
six || secrets
seven || eleven
eight || dine and dash
nine || lie
ten || not a lizard
eleven || fabergé
twelve || bait
thirteen || mind games
fourteen || closegate
fifteen || not fine
sixteen || hurt feelings
seventeen || the rivers files
eighteen || jane hopper
nineteen || home sweet home
twenty || babysitter's club
twenty-one || no therapy sessions
twenty-two || boys are stupid
twenty-three || relationship advice
twenty-four || big bruv
twenty-five || thirsty mums
twenty-six || tired of hiding
twenty-seven || memory lane
twenty-eight || super ears
twenty-nine || soviet fashion
thirty || dr. alexei
thirty-one || death certificate
thirty-two || sailors and soviets
thirty-three || spy kids
thirty-four || cabin fever
thirty-five || charged batteries
thirty-six || no time for tears
epilogue
fallout is LIVE

author's note + announcement

6.6K 169 41
By AintThatDevine

WOW. I have so many thoughts and feelings about this book and I can't believe it's already over. This was by far the fastest I've ever written a completed fic. I started writing it in early July and finished writing the epilogue by late August while also working a 40+ hour a week lifeguarding gig. I guess I can surprise even myself.

One of the other things that fully surprised me was how quickly I started getting love for Tatum and her story. It was within days of the first chapter going up that sweet comments were coming in to encourage me to post more, and I'm so happy that I did.

Tatum is my first stranger things leading lady (and surely not the last - check out What Lies Beneath to meet Tannner) and she has a special place in my heart, even if you don't believe me after all the shit I've put her through. Originally, I was going to leave everything as is, BUT I couldn't help myself.

SO...I will be writing a sequel to Royal Pain very soon that will continue the story. I have a lot of fun ideas and the pain surely isn't over, so gear up. It's going to be a stand alone, meaning that it won't tie to the upcoming season 4 of ST, mostly because I'm too impatient to wait that long just to figure out a plot. It hopefully will be finished by the time the new season comes out anyway, so it will just remained detached from canon following season 3.

I hope you guys are excited! I can't wait to dive deep into it. I love you guys bunches and I hope that you'll continue on Tatum's journey with me!

- Mel xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 849 48
**DISCLAIMER: i wrote this in like middle school before season two came out & it's pretty cringy but i'm leaving it published bc it has 20k reads😏 ❝...
112 10 5
"Come on, Stevey. When are you going to open your eyes and see that she doesn't want you?" "I wasn't talking abou...
13.4K 388 25
Nova Peters was a snarky girl with overbearing parents and a reputation as someone not often confrontational but still with a penchant for getting in...
1K 20 14
Jillian Byers was (similar to her twin) an outcast. She didn't have many friends and actually cared about grades, unlike any of the other girls in he...