author's note + announcement

WOW. I have so many thoughts and feelings about this book and I can't believe it's already over. This was by far the fastest I've ever written a completed fic. I started writing it in early July and finished writing the epilogue by late August while also working a 40+ hour a week lifeguarding gig. I guess I can surprise even myself.

One of the other things that fully surprised me was how quickly I started getting love for Tatum and her story. It was within days of the first chapter going up that sweet comments were coming in to encourage me to post more, and I'm so happy that I did.

Tatum is my first stranger things leading lady (and surely not the last - check out What Lies Beneath to meet Tannner) and she has a special place in my heart, even if you don't believe me after all the shit I've put her through. Originally, I was going to leave everything as is, BUT I couldn't help myself.

SO...I will be writing a sequel to Royal Pain very soon that will continue the story. I have a lot of fun ideas and the pain surely isn't over, so gear up. It's going to be a stand alone, meaning that it won't tie to the upcoming season 4 of ST, mostly because I'm too impatient to wait that long just to figure out a plot. It hopefully will be finished by the time the new season comes out anyway, so it will just remained detached from canon following season 3.

I hope you guys are excited! I can't wait to dive deep into it. I love you guys bunches and I hope that you'll continue on Tatum's journey with me!

- Mel xx