In Between Heartbreaks » TaeR...

Da monamonte

Park Chaeyoung just broke up with her boyfriend of three years, Kim Taehyung. But she did not have a clue as... Altro

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX

XIX

972 56 7
Da monamonte

Chaeyoung was lying down on her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Her mind wandered back to being with Taehyung earlier that evening. She felt rather different today. Being with Taehyung earlier brought back her happy memories with him. Her consciousness was awakened by the reasons that made her fall in love with Taehyung in the first place.

She looked down to her chest before mumbling to herself, “Taehyung, I tried. I pushed you to the far back. I just didn’t realize you’d be creeping up on me this way. I thought I’d long forgotten. But I guess it was just in a deep slumber. It never really died down. Now I’m more than afraid to fall in love with you all over again.” She sighed heavily.

She adjusted herself to a more comfortable position to prepare herself to sleep. She turned off her bedside lamp and snuggled to the pillow beside her. Then she remembered something. She reached out to the desk beside her bed. Without turning the lamp on, she tried to feel her phone on the desk. She was moving her hand to and fro but she was still unable to locate her phone.

So she turned on the lamp and realized that her phone wasn’t on the desk at all. She got up to check her bag and found it inside. She remembered that she didn’t use her phone all throughout the time she was with Taehyung.

Another remarkable yet painful reminder of how she acted towards Taehyung earlier. It used to be their promise not to distract themselves with their phones when they were together. She glumly went back to bed with confusion written all over her face.

She decided to distract herself by playing with her phone for a few minutes. When she turned on her phone, she saw a few notifications. Her eyes were glued to that one missed call, from Jungkook. When she checked the time, it was about the same time she saw Taehyung earlier.

So it was Jungkook who was calling me earlier when Taehyung approached me? Hmm. I wonder why he called. Should I check it with him?

She checked the time, 10:49 PM.

It’s kind of late already. Never mind. I might disturb him. I’ll ask him tomorrow instead.

… … … … …

Ding!

Taehyung
Hi

Chaeyoung
Hi

Taehyung
Are you free tomorrow?

Chaeyoung
Why?

Taehyung
I want to hang out with you.

Chaeyoung
Is it a date?

Taehyung took a minute to think about Chaeyoung’s last message. He felt that Chaeyoung was testing him or something. He’s uncertain what to answer, saying either a yes or a no seemed like ambiguous enough. He sighed before typing his answer.

Taehyung
Is it?

Clever. Chaeyoung thought. Throwing the question back to me.

Chaeyoung
I’ll bring Lisa along. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind. Or, would you?

Taehyung
Of course, not. See you tomorrow then. I’ll pick you up at ten. Seen

“Pfft! It wouldn’t hurt if she’d be a bit sweet, perhaps? Or am I asking too much?” Taehyung grumbled to himself.

... ... ... ... ...

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Hello. This is Lisa, how can I help you?”

“Sorry. Is it a bad time?”

“Not anymore! By the way, thank you for calling at such a great timing. Have I already told you how much I love you?”

“Not yet, for today anyway.” Chaeyoung chuckled.

Lisa enunciated, “I. Love. You.”

“So what do you mean by ‘calling at such a great timing’? Why? What happened?”

“Was it not you who called me? It seems that it is you who had something to say.”

“It’s okay. It can wait. So what is it?”

“Well, some annoying person just came by.”

“Exactly who is that?”

“Just . . . someone.”

“Hmm. I smell something fishy. Come on, Lisa. You know I won’t stop pestering you . . .”

“Alright. Alright. I’ll tell you some other time, okay?”

“Fine! I’ll take your word for that.”

“Yeah, yeah. I hate it that you don’t forget such things. Anyway . . . why did you call?”

“Oh, yeah! About that . . . well, you see . . . Taehyung.”

“Then?”

Chaeyoung exclaimed, “How can you calmly react that way? I’m talking about Taehyung here.”

“Correction. You only mentioned Taehyung, but you were not talking about him yet. I know my cousin’s name, so of course I don’t see the need to react severely to that.”

“Oops! Yeah, my bad! Sorry. So, as I was saying . . . Taehyung asked me to hang out tomorrow.”

“That’d be great.” Lisa responded enthusiastically.

“The thing is . . . I’d only go if you come with us.”

“Then what? I’d be the great third-wheeler once again?”

“Nooo! Come on Lisa, I think it’s too soon for us to go by ourselves.”

“You think? Then how come you didn’t invite me the other night?”

“The other night wasn’t anything like that. We didn’t plan to hang out. He just appeared out of nowhere remember?” Chaeyoung stuttered.

“So my cousin’s a magician now? He can just appear out of nowhere like that?”

“Ugh, you’re not helping at all.”

Lisa cleared her throat before answering, “Sorry! Did I overdo it?”

“Totally!”

“Alright. Fine!”

“Great! He’s going to pick us at ten.” Chaeyoung answered excitedly before realizing it belatedly.

Why did I sound excited all of a sudden? Am I really? Chaeyoung questioned herself.

“Wow! Is that excitement I hear in your voice my dear?” Lisa said teasingly.

Chaeyoung gulped, “What? What are you talking about? Pfft! Of course, not!”

Lisa responded with a hearty laugh.

“What’s so funny?”

“Umm, nothing.” Lisa denied.

Chaeyoung groaned, “Whatever. Got to go. Bye!”

“Bye!”

At ten in the morning the next day, Taehyung was already promptly waiting outside Chaeyoung’s house. Lisa texted him earlier that she was already at Chaeyoung’s house so he’s just waiting for the both of them to come out. They came out ten minutes later.

Taehyung quickly got off the car and opened the front passenger seat, urging Chaeyoung to sit in front beside him. Without saying anything, Chaeyoung opened the door next to the one that Taehyung was holding open. Then she took her seat and closed the door. Lisa and Taehyung were shocked by Chaeyoung’s cold demeanor.

Lisa gave Taehyung an awkward smile before positioning herself on the front passenger seat. Lisa eyed Chaeyoung from the side mirror. Chaeyoung was looking ahead with a straight face. Similarly, Taehyung looked at Chaeyoung before taking his seat. He adjusted the rearview mirror to get a better look at her. He was troubled by the look in her face. It was a look that he rarely saw on Chaeyoung, she looked totally unlike her.

Trying to lift the mood, Lisa asked eagerly, “So . . . Taengtaehyung, where are you taking us?”

“Lisaaa! How many times do I have to tell you? Stop calling me that. It only sounded cute when we were children. Right now, it just doesn’t sound cool anymore.” Taehyung groaned.

While Taehyung was complaining, Chaeyoung was trying to hide her amusement. She knew how much Taehyung hated it when Lisa calls him that. Lisa nudged Taehyung and pointed at Chaeyoung in the back. When he saw her trying to hide the smile in her face, he felt the tension earlier easing down.

He started the car and said out loud, “It’s a secret. But I’m sure both of you will love it there.” Then he turned to look at Chaeyoung and added, “Are you excited Chaeyoung?”

She responded nonchalantly with a shrug.

Despite her reaction, Taehyung happily drove off to their destination. Lisa and Taehyung both tried to make a conversation but Chaeyoung’s answers were limited to either one-word answers or very short phrases. They eventually gave up and let her be. And no one else ever said anything for the rest of the ride.

Chaeyoung was getting antsy when she started to recognize the familiar landmarks on the route that they were taking. Taehyung furtively looked at Chaeyoung from the rearview mirror. He noticed that she was looking uncomfortable even more than before.

Does she already know where we’re going? Taehyung thought as he heaved a sigh.

In a few minutes, they reached their destination. Chaeyoung looked annoyed when she realized where they were. She glared at Taehyung as she went out of the car. Standing in front of the entrance, Taehyung, Chaeyoung, and Lisa were harboring different views regarding Taehyung’s chosen hangout, the amusement park.

Argh! Why did he bring us here? How am I supposed to enjoy myself in an amusement park with him? Yes, I loved going here before. But after we broke up, this is the last place I’d be seen around. Chaeyoung grumbled to herself.

I wish she’d remember the good times we’ve had here. Taehyung hoped.

Looking at both Taehyung and Chaeyoung, Lisa thought, How can Taehyung look happy when Chaeyoung was obviously upset? This won’t be a disaster, right? Ugh! Why did I even agree to come?

Then they went inside after Taehyung paid for their tickets. Chaeyoung was hesitant as she stomped her way inside. And while looking around the place, Chaeyoung’s memories with Taehyung surged through her. She looked happy back then. But at the moment, she can only taste the bitterness of those memories.

Contrary to Chaeyoung, Taehyung was invigorated as he roamed his eyes around the area. As he reminisced the moments he shared with Chaeyoung at this place, he felt his eyes were starting to water. He restrained himself from bursting into tears.

Stop that Taehyung. What are you doing? You were supposed to help Chaeyoung remember your happy times. Why are you being a crybaby about it? Taehyung berated himself.

They walked around the place, choosing their first ride. When they passed by the Ferris wheel, Chaeyoung and Taehyung stopped at the same time. Their gazes were directed to the highest point of the ride. And the memory of their first kiss replayed vividly on their minds.

Taehyung
“Oh no! What happened?! Why did we suddenly stop?” She exclaimed. The excitement in her eyes was slowly fading into worry. When she pouted her lips, she looked too adorable.

Chaeyoung
“I don’t know. But don’t worry too much babe. I’m sure everything’s just fine. Besides, you have me. You know I won’t let anything happen to you.” He answered, reassuring me. Then he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and hugged me close.

Taehyung
She chuckled. “Aww. My baby is trying to act like Superman.” She leaned her head on my shoulder before adding, “We both know there’s nothing you can do if something happens to us here. We are so up high. Ugh! My stomach is starting to feel upset.” She pressed her hands to her stomach, trying to relieve it.

Chaeyoung
“Ouch! Why won’t you believe me?” He sounded upset as he fixed his gaze on me.

Taehyung
I was surprised when she suddenly turned to look at me straight in the eyes. Her stare felt like it went through the deepest part of my very being. The way she was blinking her eyes as she kept her gaze steady, I wondered how she could look innocent yet alluring at the same time.

Chaeyoung
I waited for him to say something but he just continued staring back at me without saying anything. Then he gently lifted my chin towards him while his other hand was hugging me tighter. He inched his face closer to mine. Then he shifted his gaze from my eyes to my lips. While looking at my lips, he moved even closer until I can already feel his breath against mine.

Taehyung
Her eyes widened in bewilderment. “Taehyung.” She whispered. Her warm breath tickled my fervent lips. I was starting to feel uncertain how long I can resist the desire to kiss her right here, right now.

Chaeyoung
His eyes were burning with desire as he turned back his gaze to my eyes. I felt my heart doing a somersault at the moment. My mind was going haywire.

Taehyung
She closed her eyes tightly for a few seconds. When she opened it again, resolve replaced the confusion that was once there. Then she closed the remaining distance between our lips and lightly brushed my lips with hers. “Now that was my last straw. I can’t help it anymore.” I thought to myself.

Chaeyoung
His eyes widened in wonder as he softly captured my lips with his. I was afraid the kiss will be rough because of the passion that I saw in his eyes a moment ago. But it wasn’t anything like that. His actions were precise and gentle.

Taehyung
She should have been expecting the kiss after teasing me a while ago, but she still looked a bit surprised when I started to kiss her. Then she closed her eyes and responded to my kiss with the same passion. I’d never want to break this kiss. I mentally wished.

Chaeyoung
Without warning, we were moving again. “Oh yeah! We’re still on the Ferris wheel.” I thought to myself.

Taehyung
We quickly parted and looked away from each other.

Chaeyoung
He held my hand and squeezed it tight. He was looking down and beaming to himself.

Taehyung
I looked back to her and saw her looking at our interlaced hands. Then I saw her cheeks becoming red as she shyly smiled. She was wearing a light makeup, like always. But the red color on her cheeks right now was beyond any makeup can compare. It looked so beautiful on her.

Chaeyoung
It wasn’t my first kiss and it was relatively short. But it was definitely a remarkable one.

Taehyung
Her lips were just the sweetest ever.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. 😉

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

219K 4.6K 51
"I'm breaking up with you..." "What-" "I'm sorry." and he just walk away without looking back. Jae Eun fall on knees, crying out loud. Jae Eun's bo...
12.8K 1.2K 59
"Stop there where you are.Approach no further.Remember ! you can't come near a womanizer" "You love me ! I know" Jungkook hoarsely completed the sent...
120K 7.9K 20
Chaeyoung is invited to her ex's wedding and there's no way she's showing up alone. When Jungkook receives an offer to be Chaeyoung's fake boyfriend...
18.8K 827 44
It starts when Jungkook is a photographer has a crush on an international model blonde girl who also known as Rosé. He tries so many ways to win her...