His Pet, His Protector

By shadow_the_eevee

Shadow and Loki have been living with the Avengers for a while and have grown close to the team. But when a m... More

WARNING
A Peaceful Morning
The Meeting
I Will Not Stand By
The Power Of Rage
All Over
A Fatal Choice
Wake Up
We Missed You
Not A Monster, A Hero

I Shall Fight

1.9K 82 0
By shadow_the_eevee

My wings were torn and my tail was crushed from the rubble of the blast. I was so weak from blood loss and using so much magic, but Master was in danger. I retracted my wings and tail with a muffled scream from the pain. I used some of my simple magic to move the ruble, I crawled out of the opening I made before collapsing in the fresh air. I lay for but a moment before standing on slashed and bloody legs.

I didn't see Master before the blast when off so maybe he wasn't caught up in it. I started to walk, only letting out soft whimpers from the pain to avoid catching attention. I had no idea where I was, I had no magic left and I was so damaged I could not engage in combat, even if I find Master there's no way I could save him.

I made my way around town blind and hopeful. Right now, hope was all I had. I know a soldier cannot win a war armed with hope and hope alone. But goddammit I was going to try. I continued to trug and hide as I searched for my Master, I don't know how long I looked but finally, I was back at the battlefield. It didn't take long to find where Master and the avengers were, I only walked a small bit before an explosion sent Mister Tony hurdling to the right. I peeked over the corner and saw Mister Hulk fighting the purple man.

I watched in horror as he threw Mister Hulk with ease and hit him with a beam from the gold glove he had. What hurt more was as he turned to fire at Mister Hulk I could see Master's body, bloody and broken. His helmet was twisted and mangled to the side of him. I knew I stood no chance but there was no way I was going to let Master die without trying to save him. I ran from my cover and with the new adrenalin in me, I could stand tall and firm.

"Hey!"

I could not remember his name, nor did I care to. He turned to me and smirked at me.

"For being a scrawny maid you are hard to get rid of."

I could only narrow my eyes at him.

"I won't let you kill my Master without a fight!"

He turned and laughed.

"What are you going to do to stop me. You damaged and weak. You must be dreaming if you think you have any chance."

I watch as he began to walk over to where Master lies. I remembered what Mister Clint told me back in my garden. I looked to the ground as I spoke.

"When it comes to dreams, sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly..."

I looked back at the man to see him now holding Master.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.6K 13
If all you knew was darkness, would you walk willingly into the light? Two wolves. The avengers. And a life-threatening game of trust. ****Requires...
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 36.6K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
247K 7.2K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...