flower. h.s ✔️

By vanillasoy

// "...Harry? I thought you went home." "Turns out home isn't a place anymore, Flower." // In which a drug d... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven.
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty six.
sixty seven.
sixty eight.
sixty nine.
seventy.
seventy one.
seventy two.
epilogue.
bloom.

fifteen.

47.9K 1.2K 4.7K
By vanillasoy

Max still hadn't replied to my text, I didn't even know if he'd read it or not.

I tried not to overthink it too much, I mean I knew what my brother was like, I knew he was busy and I knew he wasn't exactly a "family man" whatever the fuck that meant, and I knew he was almost a mini me of our Father.

But at least overthinking Max didn't care enough to reply to a simple text message distracted me from overthinking about Harry. And my subsequent crush on Harry...and Harry's weird obsession with thinking I was a virgin.

Of which I had zero idea where he came up with that thought or for a matter of fact, why.

I shook my head lightly as I refocused my eyes on the street outside my window as Harry drove, despite it only being the second day of October London had somehow become incredibly cold incredibly quickly.

But I wasn't complaining considering Harry had started wearing a very nice but incredibly worn looking leather jacket that had this fur collar and I'd spent the first twenty minutes imaging just how warm it must be.

I shifted in my seat slightly and then shivered as the movement made the cold seep further into my own jumper and I glanced at the heat dial. Considering Harry was wearing that jacket and somehow he always seemed to be running hot, the dial was only just in the red.

I felt like telling him some of us had shitty coats that were purely meant for fashion and not practicality. But I didn't.

Maybe I should just start buying mens coats.

I caught Harry's hand moving out the corner of my eye and I watched silently as his long fingers reached out and turned the dial all the way into the red without a word and I pressed my lips, and my legs together.

I swallowed as Harry turned into another unfamiliar street, nothing but the sound of our breathing and the very quiet radio burbling in the background and I glanced around as we drove. We were in Camden but that was all I knew.

I also didn't exactly know what we were doing tonight.

But for once my brain didn't automatically jump to screaming about Harry wanting to kill me, mainly because I was still obsessing over him turning the heat up for me...It wasn't that big of a deal.

But it was nice. Harry had just been nice to me so that was like a big deal, right?

I looked out the window curiously as Harry pulled into a park and I climbed out the car with Harry close behind me. I caught the name of the pub just before Harry held the door open for me and I stepped in first.

I let out a little laugh at the name, I'd never been in The Worlds End but it still amused me. Not entirely sure why.

"Pint of Heineken mate." Harry ordered and nudged me making me blink up at him. His pointed look making me flush and I smiled sheepishly.

"Just a tap water please." I smiled politely at the bartender who nodded, a coy smile on his face and I shifted as his eyes dropped up and down my body.

"You ever been in here?" Harry asked as he moved his body so I was technically behind him and I could no longer see the bar and I almost raised an eyebrow but didn't as I shook my head instead.

"Not really a pub person." I admitted making Harry snort and run a hand through his hair. "I have been to Lockside though!"

"The one with the roof terrace?" Harry drawled just as the bartender put our drinks on the side and told Harry the total and I nodded to his question whilst noticing his lack of response to the bartender. "Figures."

"Hey!" I protested weakly just Harry practically threw a five pound note over the bar and handed me my glass of water before gently pushing on my back to get me walking further in. "That was a bit rude."

"He was a prick." Harry grunted and I pressed my lips together but didn't add anything else, I still didn't know what we were doing. Obviously meeting other people, but was this another drug deal?

"Do my eyes deceive me or is that Poppy Carmichael?"

I looked up at the loud and somewhat familiar voice, my eyes zeroing in the very cheerful brunette who practically launched himself off the bench and towards me and Harry. My mouth splitting into a grin as I realised who it was.

"Liam!"

I wrapped myself up in his arms the best I could without spilling my water all over him, my lips pressing to his cheek happily before he pulled away and plopped back into his seat, pulling me down next to him.

My cheeks heating immediately as I realised these were the people Harry was seeing tonight and I glanced around sheepishly at the other men who were looking weirdly between Harry, Liam and I.

I vaguely recognised the brunette Harry had taken a seat next to on the opposite side of the table and I racked my brain for his name, as he regarded me evenly and I gave him a small smile.

"Louis!" I smiled wider as I greeted him, his own lips cracking into a grin as he raised his pint and nodded at me.

"Fuck me, 'Arry when you said you had a special assignment I didn't think it would be Carmichael's daughter."

I swallowed as someone I hadn't seen before spoke and reality came crashing down onto my heart, I was just some kid Harry had been told to baby sit. My stupid crush didn't matter.

"Right well since Harry's not going to do it, the prick, I'll introduce you Poppy." Liam smiled as he touched my arm gently and I nodded as I took a sip of my water.

"That's Louis, but you already know him, next to him is Zayn, then you've got Nic, James and on your other side is Niall." Liam introduced and I attempted to commit who was who to memory which I didn't think was going to be hard considering Nic and James said hi whereas Zayn just smiled.

I glanced at Niall who was already looking at me and I frowned a little, he did not look like the others. I didn't want to be judgey but he didn't look like he belonged, everyone else here, including Harry, had many many tattoos and many of those visible, and on the neck and in Zayn's case face tattoos.

But Niall had none. Just a very friendly smile.

"He doesn't work with us, he likes to pretend he does because he has no other friends." Harry spoke up making me look at him, his eyes focused on Niall, a smirk on his lips.

"Oi fuck off, I resent that." Niall grunted making Harry roll his eyes before he returned to whatever he was talking about with Louis and Zayn.

Well at least that answered my question.

"It's been a while." Liam nudged me and I nodded as I attempted to sit so I could talk to him more easily without excluding Niall from our conversation as he leaned in as well.

"It has! How are you? How's Danielle?" I asked as I shedded my jacket, catching Harry's eye from the corner of mine before he looked away again.

"I'm good, but uh Danielle and I broke up." Liam explained and I frowned immediately.

"The fuck is Danielle?" Niall asked making me glance at him.

"Oh it has been a while." I realised making Liam laugh, "Sorry to hear that anyway. So are you seeing anyone else?"

"Not at the moment." Liam shrugged, "But what about you miss Carmichael, by my reasoning you should be at university by now."

I laughed a little and nodded before answering.

"I am, second year Kings College."

"Good for you Poppy! I'm so proud." Liam grinned as he squeezed my shoulder. "Art History? Or did you change your mind again... you mentioned something about fine arts once too."

A sharp pang went through my heart as Liam mentioned my old interests and I tried not to let it show on my face as I sucked a shaky breath in and reminded myself it was for the best.

"Uh neither actually." I admitted slowly, watching as a crease formed between Liam's brows. "Law."

"Law?" Liam repeated, the shock and confusion clear on his face as I nodded.

"English and American Law, to be exact." I told him, as Niall let out a low whistle making me flush slightly as I nudged him, making him laugh. "Criminology and Criminal Justice are my credited modules."

"Are you fucking kidding me Poppy?" Liam let out a harsh laugh.

"Payne." Harry snapped suddenly making me look at him, his eyes trained on me and I shook my head slightly at him. I wasn't sure what exactly just happened but it didn't warrant that reaction.

"You're well smart then, thats so sexy." Niall spoke up, breaking the tension and making both me and Liam roll our eyes but mine was accompanied by a laugh.

"Not really," I shrugged, "But hey if you ever a need a lawyer in the next five years."

"I'll keep that in mind but I don't really associate with criminals apart from this bunch." Niall jerked a thumb at the group and I swallowed. Oh.

"Don't include me in that you prick." Liam spoke up making me laugh slightly.

"How'd you two know each other?" Zayn suddenly spoke and I blinked as his words were clouded by a heavy northern accent.

I mean I knew Liam was from up north and clearly so was Harry, I just hadn't worked out where from yet, but for some reason I didn't expect Zayn to sound so...Yorkshire.

I glanced at Liam who gestured for me to explain and I swallowed, did I really want to go down this rabbit hole?

"Liam did quite a lot of work with my brother, they're the same age," I glanced at Liam for confirmation who nodded. "And I think they were friends at the time as well. And I'm just the annoying younger sister who had to be involved."

"Always liked you better anyway." Liam squeezed my shoulder making me lean into him.

"I didn't know you had a brother." Harry stated making me glance at him and nod slowly. I wasn't aware he was even listening.

"Yup. Max." I said lamely, watching as Harry nodded and went back to talking to Louis like he wasn't the one who'd just been interested in the conversation.

"Last I heard he was in New York." Liam stated and I nodded licking my lip.

"Still is, coming up to three years." I explained, "I'm meant to be face timing him soon I'll say hi if you want." I lied.

Liam didn't need to know that Max still hadn't replied to me, his only sibling. But I was capable of playing happy families.

"It's no big deal. Are you still in Primrose Hill?" Liam shrugged off my offer and I briefly wondered if he and Max ever were actual friends.

"Yup, you're always welcome if you wanna hang out." I smiled before finishing off my drink and rubbing my hands on my thighs. "I'm just gunna go to the bathroom."

Liam simply smiled ad pointed in the direction of the toilets which made me laugh to myself, there was a massive sign on the wall. I would have found them.

I swallowed as I squeezed past the group, catching Harry's look as I passed. I didn't know what had changed but he suddenly didn't look very pleased with me. I wished I was one of those people who could just shake it off but I wasn't.

I also hated that I was one of those people that craved approval, especially from Harry now that I had a tiny crush. I mean I barely knew anything about the guy, I didn't even know how old he was!

I rolled my eyes at myself as I finished my business and washed my hands, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I was average looking I suppose, I mean I wasn't ugly per se but I definitely wasn't anything special, maybe I was stupid for liking Harry.

I think Chloe was right when she said I wasn't his type, even if Harry says they never did anything. All you had to look was look at Harry and then look at me, he was tattoos and wore all black and looked like he knew how to kill someone and then there was me.

Short, no tattoos and definitely did not look like they could kill someone.

I shook my head, I could stand here and over think this for the rest of the night and then I'd end up crying in a stall and I really didn't want to do that, also because I have no doubt Harry would bust in here if I ended up taking too long.

"-Her, bet its like a having a boner twenty four seven."

"Shut up Niall."

I swallowed as I caught Harry snapping at Niall as I approached from behind, I didn't know what they were talking about but Harry snapped at his friends a lot.

"Poppy?"

I frowned as someone said my name before I could even get level with Harry's seat and I turned, confusion clear on my face.

"Finn?"

I caught Harry turning to face me in my peripheral vision and I swallowed as Finn smiled and nodded.

"What are you doing here?" I asked politely, shifting away from the group of Harry's friends a little bit, aware that there were several sets of eyes on me.

"Just having a drink with some friends." Finn waved his hands and I glanced around behind him, frowning a little.

I couldn't see anyone up this end.

"Oh right." I nodded, of course thats what you do in a pub.

"Poppy." Harry suddenly snapped and I looked towards him immediately, "Get your coat, we're leaving."

I swallowed thickly as I nodded, his eyes trained on Finn so I had no idea if he saw me nod or not.

"Is that why you wouldn't kiss me?" Finn asked lowly, a sneer forming on his lips and I immediately recoiled from him.

I opened my mouth to reply but Finn simply looked at me and shook his head before he walked away and I was left standing there dumbfounded.

"Who was that?" Liam asked as I headed back towards him, his hand outstretched with my jacket for me and I shook my head.

"A guy I met a party the other week." I frowned as I looked down the pub, Finn was nowhere to be seen. I guess he must live around here. "That was weird."

"Poppy." Harry repeated and I knew it shouldn't make my stomach erupt with butterflies but it did and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be a stranger." I told Liam as he stood to hug me and pressed my lips to his cheek. "It was nice to meet you all." I directed to the rest of them, receiving nods and smiles in return.

I watched as Harry clapped Louis on the shoulder before nodding to everyone else and start off down the pub and I swallowed thickly, I wonder what I've done now.

"Poppy." I jumped as Zayn grabbed my wrist, halting me from following Harry and I looked at him curiously. "Don't trust Finn. He's not who you think he is."

Zayn didn't say anything else just looked me in the eye and I nodded slowly before hurrying after Harry.

I licked my lips as I mulled over Zayn's words, the chilly night air a shock to my lungs after being inside by the fire. I assume that meant Zayn knew Finn? But what he did mean by 'not who I think he is', I didn't even know who Finn was!

I squeaked as I bumped into Harry who had suddenly stopped walking and instead rounded on me and I backed up a little, an apology ready to leave my mouth as he looked down at me.

Before I even got a chance to open my mouth, two large warm hands were gripping my cheeks and my lips were captured by Harry's incredibly soft and warm lips. I froze as Harry kissed me, my eyes going wide as we stood there in the middle of the street.

What was happening?

Harry pulled away before I could kick into gear and make my mouth move against his, his tall figure striding away from me and back towards where he'd parked the car without even so much as a glance at me and I was left following after him like a confused puppy.

Was he not going to say anything?

I touched my lips slyly as Harry crossed the front of the car, the inside light illuminating the street and I dropped my hand, my cheeks heating as I slid into the car. Neither of us said anything but I was kicking myself not reciprocating.

But he couldn't blame me! I wasn't expecting it and I had no idea why he did it. The only other time he had was when he saved my life, and although I wasn't complaining because I realised that I could quite easily become addicted to his lips.

I don't think anyone was trying to kill me this time around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 383 29
Niall starts a group chat and everything comes into the light Hearts get broken... Hearts get mended...
75.5K 2.5K 43
in which, a girl is forced to do illegal actions with a group of unknown guys in order to save her sister.
45.8K 1.8K 34
Louis is lost, stumbling in the dark with his empty heart. Then he meets Harry under the stars. Can he help Louis find his back home? Trigger warnings
560K 4.2K 33
Daddy smut ;)