Fredrick: The Peaceful Ruler...

By lilywagner

This is a fan fiction story based around the death and second life of "Freaky Fred," a minor character from T... More

Chapter 1: Fredrick: The Peaceful Ruler
Chapter 2: The Scenic Route
Chapter 3: Icy Touch
Chapter 4: Spontaneous Human Combustion
Chapter 5: Animalistic Sound
Chapter 6: Russian Roulette
Chapter 7: On Auras and Such
Chapter 9: Red Aura
Chapter 10: Beautiful Siren
Chapter 11: Leanan Resort
Chapter 12: In My Condition
Chapter 13: Is This Love?
Chapter 14: Little What's-Her-Name
Chapter 15: Take a Chance
Chapter 16: Gullible
Chapter 17: Follow Me!
Chapter 18: What's the Plan?
Chapter 19: Everything is Great!
Chapter 20: Butterflies
Chapter 21: Jealousy
Chapter 22: Couldn't Quite Put My Finger on It
Chapter 23: The Birth
Chapter 24: Quaint Little Cottage
Chapter 25: Sunflower
Chapter 26: Bree
Chapter 27: Quileute Rose
Chapter 28: Abandoned
Chapter 29: New Beginnings

Chapter 8: Solitude

339 3 0
By lilywagner

It's daytime. I know this because every one's down in the basement. We've lost four kids "to the sun" as Riley likes to call it. Sometimes I wonder if he's actually telling the truth about the sun burning us. I'm still not tempted to play Russian roulette at the moment, but I can tell some thing's fishy.

Lately, there's been a young girl that sits behind me. I don't know why she does this, but she seems to seek solitude in my shadow. I don't mind it too much. She's rather cute, very young, but very pretty. She's also very smart. She tends to stay away from the rest of the group. She spends most of the day reading. She'll even leave the books in a pile beside my sofa, which I'm assuming she's leaving for me. I've noticed her try to look at me. Despite my aura, she continues to try to look at me. I decide that I'll practice my ability on her.

The sun finally sets. I go out to hunt. My thirst is not as severe as it was before because I am able to hunt every night, but I still drink as much as I can. When I get back to the house, another fight has broken loose. I walk to my usual spot and pick up one of the books the girl has left for me. Odd, she hasn't returned yet. I can sense that the sun is close to rising. We have about an hour left. Suddenly, the fight in front of me has become brutal. There's now a pile of burning vampire in the middle of the floor.

The fire begins to spread. Soon, it catches the walls on fire. Riley jumps up and yells, "We need to leave. NOW!" I worry about the girl, but grab my bag, swing it one my shoulders, and follow the herd out into the ending night. We race on, following Riley's scent.

We come to another abandoned house. Riley is busy picking the lock. Some of the people in the group are still bickering, but no major fights. We all get in the house and into the basement about ten minutes before the sun begins to rise. I settle into the back corner, pull out my book on auras, and worry about the girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 2.1K 30
this is a story about a prince.. and a dangerous vampire who is obsessed with the prince and that prince doesn't know about anything he thinks that v...
13.7K 605 40
Paul is the new boy, Chris is the local freak. I havent got time to think of what else to put here right now but have a twilight au although I've nev...
11.2K 403 24
(Completed) Meet Holly , a teen who is sick of school life sick of her school and even more fed up of life at home , she needs a friend , someone , a...
60 7 10
I have spent the last sixty years avoidin' the Cullens, my brother told me in the beginnin', her plans for me. Shit! That was not the future I had in...