Chapter 7: On Auras and Such

It's been a couple days since I've been in this house, but I still have no friends. I don't really care that I don't have friends, but when you're awake all day and night with nothing to do, it kinda gets annoying. I admit there are advantages to my repulsion. I have been able to hunt more often than others, and no one tries to start fights with me. Most of the time, I just sit, observe people, and figure out the "gift" the girl said I had.

Our group is growing little by little each day. It would be rather large if it weren't for the idiotic children that like to fight over puny things. Those fights typically end in one or two deaths. While I spend my time observing the childish acts of violence, I also practice my ability. I figure that, since I've always had impeccable hygiene, that it's more than likely an aura I'm giving out. I went to the local bookstore one night while others were hunting. It was one that stayed open late, so I just walked through the door. It was torturous to walk by the humans without jumping them, but I concentrated on my personal mission.

I located the new age section, which I used to overlook completely, and began looking for books on auras. I was left alone because my ability, thankfully. I picked the books I wanted and shoved them into my backpack. I was able to walk out of the store with no problems. Before I return to the group house, I decide to hunt.

I decide to go out on the water to find my dinner. I come across a couple of drunk men fishing on a boat. It was no problem feeding from them. I slid behind the first man and snapped his neck. Immediately after, before the shock wore off on the other man, I sank my teeth into his neck. I'm not too fond of drunk men because the alcohol in their blood makes the blood bitter, but food is food. After I've consumed Drunkard A, I go back to Drunkard B and drain him dry.

Once I've finished with them, I rip them to pieces and set their boat on fire. It's a shame what alcohol can do. It can cause grown men to have accidents, like dropping their cigarettes in a puddle of gas. It's a shame there are so many sea creatures out there that will rip a man to part. I swim back to shore quietly, retrieve my bag, and head back to the new house.