Chapter 29: New Beginnings

• Dedicated to Sharron Carter Wagner

We made it to Forks in record time.  I didn't need to be Edward to know how anxious Syd and Bree were.  I could feel it in the car.  Edward surprised me when we arrived.  I had expected to be taken to his home, but he drove to the old white mansion instead.  Even more shocking was the fact that the home had come to life in our absence.  Before Edward could park the car, a cute, petite girl with short, black hair danced towards the car. 

"I knew you would come!"  she exclaimed in a singsong voice.  "I told everyone that we needed to hurry back.  We were all having such a wonderful time at Isle Esme that we just had to stay another night.  Had Edward not been here, I would have insisted.  My name is Alice, by the way."  I didn't know how she would know that we would show up, but I was pleased to have such a heartfelt welcome.  "Hello, Alice.  It's a pleasure to meet you.  My name is Fred, and this is my son, Syd, and our friend, Bree."  We all shook hands before going inside. 

It was busy when we came in the house.  The family was busy unpacking from their trip.  As soon as they noticed us, however, they immediately stopped.  A man with pale blonde hair walked up to us and introduced himself.  "Hello, Fred.  My name is Carisle.  It is a pleasure to have new family members.  Nessie was very excited when she found out about your son.  We have much that we can learn about one another."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were introduced to four more family members: Esme, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett.  They were all very friendly.  All of us were seated in the living room talking to one another.  They told me the story behind Renesmee.  I was surprised to know that not only is there another like Syd, but we were all now family.  Syd and Nessie were outside talking.  Jacob, who didn't look very happy, had joined them.  They seemed to be enjoying themselves.  I returned my attention to my hosts.

"We only have two spare bedrooms,"  Carisle said, "Are you okay with sharing a room with Syd?  That will free up a private room for Bree."  I told him that we didn't mind.  Syd and I had been sharing a room since he was born, after all.  I wanted to know more about the fight Bree and I had thankfully avoided.

"It was horrible and unnecessary,"  Jasper said.  They gave me detail after gorey detail.  It was about eight at night when Syd, Nessie, and Jacob came inside.  Yawning, Nessie said, "Mom, dad, I'm exhausted.  Is it okay if Jacob walks me back to the cottage?"  Bella and Edward immediately expressed their disapproval and refused the request.  "Awww...mom!  Please!!"  After a few minutes of the typical teenage banter, Edward and Bella excused themselves to go home.  Jacob followed suit, and I shortly heard a motorcycle rev it's engine and drive off. 

"Dad, I am getting tired, also.  Can you show me where our room is?"  I showed Syd the room in question and kissed him goodnight.  As I settled back down with my new family, I reflected back on my life.  I realized just how blessed we were.  Not only did we survive on our own for so long, but we also had a permanent family.  I could not imagine a better new beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:  Well, fans, that's it for this story.  I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing.  Do not be sad, though.  I will be writing more with these characters.  I am going to dip my "pen" into a little romance between a few of the characters in a couple of spin-off stories. Especially since I only have a week left of school. 

So, I am contemplating writing my own original story.  I know that I don't have many fans or readers currently, but I think it would be fun to attempt to write and publish my own novel.  What do you guys think?  After reading this fan fiction, do you guys think I have what it takes to be a writer? 

Once again, thank you so much for the support.  I promise not to take too long to begin the new story.  I love you guys!

Emily Wagner, AKA Lily