flower. h.s ✔️

By vanillasoy

// "...Harry? I thought you went home." "Turns out home isn't a place anymore, Flower." // In which a drug d... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven.
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty six.
sixty seven.
sixty eight.
sixty nine.
seventy.
seventy one.
seventy two.
epilogue.
bloom.

fourteen.

46.6K 1.1K 4K
By vanillasoy

"So are you and Chloe like...a thing now?"

I bit the bullet and asked as we were sat idle at a red light, we'd managed to hit every red light on the way this morning, it was causing Harry a great deal of annoyance and I figured this was going to be the mood for today so I might as well just get it over with.

"No." Harry said simply and I nodded.

I decided not to push it any further mainly because if he said they were just going to be friends with benefits or whatever then my day would quite literally be ruined and also because as it stood, my stupid little crush was quite happy with his stoic response.

I wasn't stupid or anything, I knew that there was a bigger chance of me being struck by lightening than anything ever happening with Harry.

I clearly was not his type and I was pretty sure he could only stand me a tiny fraction more now than he did when we first met and we'd known each other over a month now. But let's not dwell on that, mainly because it upset me.

"I can get you another night off if you want, so you can uh, see, her again." I offered, why could I not keep my mouth shut?

Harry said nothing as he roughly pulled to a stop a couple of streets over and I smacked my head against the headrest as I bounced in the seat.

"Ow." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my head as Harry turned in his seat to look at me through narrowed eyes and I swallowed.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I told you. I didn't do much just watched TV." Harry stated through gritted teeth and I swallowed.

Why was he lying?

"So why was she in my house?"

I didn't even know what I wanted to get out of this. I knew I was annoying him.

"Fine!" Harry snapped, his hand flying up before landing on the steering wheel making me jump and sending me back a few weeks when he'd told me to shut up.

"You really wanna know? Chloe came over so I could fuck her and she almost blew me but then she didn't and she left. Are you happy now?" Harry snapped pushing the door open and stepping out and I flinched as a loud car horn sounded.

"Ah fuck off you miserable prick!" Harry swore at the car's rear end as it passed him and I kept my head down as I started off towards the uni building.

I really should not have pushed him.

But why didn't they sleep together? Now I had even more questions then I started with and hurt feelings but really that was my own fault. In fact both things were my own fault.

"Sorry." I said quietly as we walked, my hands buried so deep inside my jacket pockets I was sure I was going to rip through them.

"S'fine." Harry muttered.

I swallowed thickly as we continued our walk in silence and despite his words I could feel the anger and annoyance radiating off him and I decided it was best if I just kept my mouth shut for the rest of the day.

+

If I'd been worried that it was going to be awkward with Harry and Chloe, which for the record I had been; then my fears were unfounded. Chloe wasn't even in class today.

It did make me a little bit nervous but I wasn't exactly sure why and I was also not exactly sure why she wasn't here. Tom seemed as confused as I was but our very short conversation at the beginning of the lesson was the only one.

His eyes kept flicking between Harry and I and eventually he gave up altogether and turned around and didn't look at me again. I didn't know why.

"See you tomorrow." I offered to Tom as the class ended and he nodded but left without looking back and I pressed my lips together, weird.

"Poppy, can I speak to you for a moment."

I blinked as Colin my lecturer spoke and I nodded as I slowly made my way down to the front of the room with Harry close by, watching and waiting as all the other students emptied the room.

Colin opened his mouth once the three of us were alone but closed it again seconds later as his eyes drifted to Harry and he gave me a questioning glance.

"He's fine." I waved my hand, I knew he had a lot of questions. And I wondered what exactly my Father had told the Dean about why I suddenly had a friend.

"I was just wanting to check in and see if you've thought anymore about next year." Colin said and I chewed my lip as I refrained from shrugging at him.

"Not really." I admitted.

The next two years of university were literally the furtherest things from my mind right now or indeed at all lately.

"I don't want to sway you or anything Poppy but I think Georgetown would be the best for you. It would definitely have access to all things experience and knowledge you'd need to go into Immigration Law and practice." Colin smiled gently.

"Yeah I think I'll probably just go into the Private Sector," I said slowly, "You know business law or whatever. A guaranteed job."

I could feel the disappointment radiating off of him as he looked at me and I shifted on my feet, aware that this whole conversation was slightly depressing.

"Think about it at least Poppy. See you on Thursday."

I bid Colin a quiet goodbye before Harry and I headed off and back out into the chilly early October air, I thought Harry would have said something but I guess not.

I rubbed my hands together as I waited for Harry's car to heat up, my leg bouncing as he pulled away from the curb and I immediately frowned as Harry's phone buzzed and he pulled it out, his eyes flicking between it and the road.

"Fuck my life huh." I mumbled.

People couldn't walk and text what on earth made them think they could drive and text?

"Weren't complaining when I saved your life." Harry snapped back and I sucked my teeth but kept my mouth shut. "Need to do summat for my actual job, can you stay down and not be obvious?"

"Oh let me just recline the seat and I'll lay down out of sight." I quipped, and I patted my back internally as I saw Harry smirk.

"Yeh' might tie you down and gag you as well."

I swallowed as Harry met my eyes, his lips still pulled up in a cocky smirk just as he pulled up outside a house and I glanced around, mainly so I didn't have to look at his incredibly attractive face.

I wouldn't mind being tied up by Harry.

"Mind yourself."

Harry said quietly as he nudged my knee out the way and opened the glove box making me mumble a quiet apology and receive a pointed look from him as I watched curiously as Harry blindly rifled through little bags full of green and white.

My eyes stayed glued to Harry's retreating back as he exited the car and the sound of the locks pushing down made me roll my eyes, where did he think I was gunna go?

I chewed my lip as Harry knocked twice before being let in, his eyes glancing over his shoulder and meeting mine before he disappeared behind the door.

I couldn't help myself as I lent forward and opened the glove box, my eyes finding the bags again, but it wasn't like it was hard. There were loads and I poked around, curiosity killed the cat or whatever I guess.

I wasn't stupid either, I knew what these bags were. I just didn't except Harry to keep it all in his car, I felt like that was a bit stupid and begging to be caught. I'd never done drugs, not even the harmless stuff like the weed sitting in front of me but Max had.

Max had done enough for me to basically have smoked it just by association. I wonder if he still did. Not that I was going to ask him but that did remind me to text him.

I pushed the glove box closed and pulled my phone out, my fingers scrolling to find the message thread from my brother and I tapped out a quick message asking if he was free for a video call at any point.

I added that I missed him just for extra guilt trip effect. It probably wouldn't work but hey at least I tried.

I jumped as Harry reappeared and gave me a long look before he started the car and I frowned as I looked at the side of his head. What...was that about?

"What's Georgetown?" Harry asked randomly once we were back into the main streets of the city and heading home and I was thankful.

Despite it only being one class today, I felt drained. Maybe I just let things get to me too easily.

"A university in Washington DC." I stated, glancing at Harry just as he glanced at me and our eyes met.

"Going to uni with you and listening to all these fuckin' smart people talk makes me feel like a real retard." Harry groaned and I clicked my tongue.

"Don't use that word. It's offensive." I told him firmly, aware that he looked at me for a moment before nodding.

"Well point still stands." Harry said and I laughed slightly.

"Hardly. Not exactly like I'm Einstein." I snorted, shaking my head.

"Why'd you have to go to Washington?" Harry ignored my statement but I didn't mind, I just surprised he was interested in talking about this.

"I don't have to, the other option is Columbia which is in New York. The Law degree I'm doing is four years and half of that is done overseas in either New York or Washington. I have to pick which one by Christmas."

"And you want to go to New York..?"

"I'm not sure. It would be easier in the long run, I think and to be honest I'm not sure I have that much of a choice." I shrugged, aware we were getting closer to home which meant our conversation was going to stop.

Harry only ever seemingly wanted to talk in the car, except Saturday morning which was a weird exception.

"Well if the Washington one is the one that would benefit you the most with what you want to do then surely you should go there..."

"I wish it was that simple." I pressed my lips together to stop the sad smile from forming. "I was interested in doing something to do with Immigration, not necessarily that but I just wanted to have a degree and a career that could help people."

"But, my Father has different ideas. I mean you of all people should know he needs a lot of solicitors."

"Hey."

"You know what I mean." I glanced at Harry who just let out a breath of air from his nose in response.

"M'surprised you take Law in the first place." Harry stated as he pulled into the drive and I watched the gate close behind us in the mirror.

"Why?"

"Dunno, thought you take fashion or journalism or something." Harry shrugged and I nodded slowly.

I wasn't sure if that was an insult or not.

"Law wasn't my first choice so I guess you're not too far from the truth." I admitted. "Hey did you know where Chloe was today?"

"No, why would I?" Harry rebutted almost immediately as I waited for him to unlock the front door and I held my hands up in surrender.

"Are you a virgin or summat?" Harry suddenly rounded on me in the hallway and I felt my cheeks immediately grow hot.

"What?" I spluttered, "No. Not that it's any of your business."

Why would he ask that? How could he be so rude, it was most definitely not normal to go around asking people you barely knew that.

"Huh wouldn't have guessed it." Harry snorted, shaking his head before he headed into the kitchen and I almost chased after him demanding to know what he meant.

But I didn't. Because I don't think I wanted to know what he meant.

"Poppy!" Harry shouted before I'd even got to the third step on the stairs and I paused, aware of his boots clicking on the tiles before he reappeared and I raised an eyebrow.

"Going out tomorrow night."

"You got the night off?" I asked frowning. I thought we were making progress...

"No," Harry shook his head, "M'taking you with me."

"Oh." I said, my heart racing in my chest and I prayed he somehow didn't know. "Right."

Harry looked at me weirdly for a few seconds before he nodded and I briefly wondered what went on his mind before realising I didn't want to know.

Harry turned on his heel and I assumed the conversation was over, like usual and I took another step just as Harry spoke again, his body barely visible.

"Try not to be a weird virgin or whatever."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.3K 15
Paul's daughter is getting into some trouble at school. Paul decided that she should go on tour with the boys to try and keep an eye on her. What hap...
26.8K 669 24
"I'm giving you two choices, Elise Rosewood. Number one, I let you free. You will be kidnapped by the Rivals, and they'll kill you. Two, you come wit...
485K 10K 93
//MATURE THEMES AND EXPLICIT CONTENT// "Make sure she's okay when I'm gone will you Harry?" It was from that moment I knew I'd do anything I could to...
134K 3.7K 30
Harry Styes and his gang are used to getting whatever they want, so when a wealthy arm dealer rips them off, Harry plans to get revenge on him. He pl...