The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

By Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... More

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
03 | Social Suicide
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
14 | Champagne for the Sane
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
21 | You Should Be Scared
22 | She Is Temporary
23 | You can drown or you can die
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
14 | always one step behind
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Epilogue
Authors Q&A

12 | The Beginning of the Beginning

5.3K 210 56
By Kujiis

. I am so high .
I can almost touch the sky
I am so done
. One more drink and i might die .

THE CLASS I'D BEEN ANTICIPATING all day, personal finance. I waited near the lockers, pretending to be busy on my phone until I saw two brunettes enter. One small, one tall, one stick skinny, one rather round. Bullseye. I waited for the door to close before immediately going in after. They sat next to each other near the backside of the room, and thankfully, there were two seats open right near them. I took the closest next to stick, who I assumed was Leah from the texts. Approaching them, they glanced up, Leah's wide eyes somehow getting even bigger.

"Hi," I said, smiling and sitting next to Leah. "I'm Laura."

"I-I I'm Leah!" She stuttered out. And holy shit, she had such a high voice. Squeaky almost. "And-and that's Ryan."

"Nice to meet you guys," I smiled again, scanning my brain for conversation starters. "You're both really beautiful, by the way."

That'll do it. Butter them up with compliments, the one thing anyone in this school would love from the 'almighty A-listers'. Ryan's face went pink, and she brushed a strand of hair out of her face. It was hard to tell these two shy socials were the gossip girls of the school. "Thanks, you are too. You're like, so freaking gorgeous," Ryan said, smiling at me.

"You're so-so much prettier than Tao, in my opinion," Leah said as if she'd been holding it in for a while. I knew she was lying though. She'd say anything to become friends with me, as most of the kids in this school would as well.

Ryan turned to Leah, smacking her arm. "Leah! You can't say that about Tao!"

"Oh, shit. Please don't tell-tell Tao," Leah practically begged me.

Laughing, I tried not to roll my eyes. "Why would I? That's not a very good conversation starter, dont'cha think?" I raised my voice, trying to mimic Tao. "Oh hey Tao, just wanted to let you know some girls said I'm prettier than you."

Leah and Ryan laughed, but Ryan's sounded more forced. I tried desperately to continue the conversation, using every topic in the book. But all they did was smile and laugh and agree with me about everything. They were boring and were trying too hard for me to like them, which just ended up with me disliking them. Class ended, and I invited they invited me to sit with them at lunch tomorrow; I said yes, which they were ecstatic about. 

I probably wasn't going to swim at all, simply because I didn't want to get wet, and any temperature below 85 is cold to me. But I stilled dressed in a red two-piece that really pushed up my lack of boobs to enunciate the fact that they were somewhat there. Pulling a black sweatshirt on top that I got from H&M and Nike shorts, I left the house with sandals and my phone. I'd have to finish my homework at their house, so I took my backpack too. Though, knowing me I probably wasn't going to do that either. My driver took me back to Sonny and Isaia's house, and their maid let me in. She guided me to the back door, and opened it up to the 7 of them splashing around in the pool. Even Tao, surprisingly.

"Laura!" Brandy called out, pushing her hair that had fallen out of the ponytail behind her ears. "Aren't you swimming?"

"I might," I shrugged. Thankfully the light wind from earlier died down, and it was just a hot 90-degree day. Perfect for doing nothing but laying in the sun. Which is exactly what I did.

Pulling off my sweatshirt and shorts, I relaxed back onto the sunchair while they splashed around, talking and screaming away. But no. It was all an act, to get me to trust that they weren't the slightest bit fake. It had to be an act. And even if it wasn't, after hearing how they manipulated those other girls, I had to believe they were faking it for the sake of my wellbeing. 

Only 2 minutes later, 5 at the most, it began. Exactly what I was expecting. The splashing and talking died down a bit, and the sound of someone climbing out of the water started. I peeked a look out of one eye. Isaia. And let's just say, he was a lot hotter shirtless than I expected. He had a 4-pack, not as impressive as those 6-packs, but defiantly appealing to the eye. And the way his hair flopped down over his eyes. God, it would be so much easier if I was into girls. How can I possibly look at such an adorable man and not want to climb into his pants? At this point, the only thing stopping me from doing so is the knowledge that that was what he was planning to do as well.

He wandered over to the chair next to me, grabbing the towel and sitting down. I kept my eyes closed, trying to focus on anything but him. My homework, focus on my homework and how none of it makes any sense.

"Why aren't you swimming?" He asked, trying to start some sort of conversation. I didn't want to completely ignore him or end the conversation right away, leading him on would certainly benefit me more in the future. But at the same time, I wasn't in the mood to be talking to someone who took advantage of drunk girls.

"I rather tan," I shortly replied, not continuing on the idea.

"Isn't that boring?"

I shrugged, reaching a hand up to brush eye a strand of hair that had fallen in my eyes, tickling my cheek. "Not for me. It feels nice."

"Oh."

Another minute passed in silence. And the fact that everyone in the pool was almost dead quiet as well was too suspicious. They were listening, they wanted something to feed off of. Something to build on. I'll give them something to build on. "You live with Sonny?" I asked, squinting over an eye to look at him. He was staring off into the bunches of nicely trimmed trees.

"Yep," He replied, keeping the answer shorter than mine. He was hiding something. Something that in some way was too irrelevant and secretive to share.

"Why?"

"Does it matter?" He's defiantly hiding something.

Pushing the matter, I shrugged again. "I guess not. Just curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat," His voice had gone cold, and the giggling from Zia and Brandy stopped.

"Lack of knowledge did as well," Emotionless. That's what I was right now. It wasn't like I wasn't annoyed or curious, I certainly was. But my voice and expression didn't say so.

"What?"

I rolled my eyes, looking over to him. "I'm just saying that maybe the cat only died because it didn't know of the danger ahead of him. The same danger it was curious about."

"Are you saying you're in danger?"

"Are you saying that I shouldn't be looking into possible danger?" I shot back, keeping my voice even, bored, even a teasing. "I'm not investigating your life, Isaia. I honestly don't care that much about your home life, It was just a question."

"Right," He said, collecting himself.

"You and Tao need to losen up. You guys act like everyone is a threat," I laughed, keeping it as casual as possible before looking away and closing my eyes again.

It was simply too fun to mess with these guys. And it was only the beginning. Not even, it hadn't even started yet.

Song Of The Chapter:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

609K 20.1K 47
HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth isn't in her vocabulary, nor is designer...
72.2K 3.4K 23
Hudson Cromwell is about to become a billionaire. At just the age of twenty-two years old, he is about to inherit billions from his rich aunt who had...
164K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
4.6M 142K 48
BOOK ONE OF THE ELITE SERIES. After being expelled for the third time, this time for breaking a misogynistic teacher's bones, the secret billionaire...