The Scars Between Us

By Lee02V

Wen Yue is the daughter of a royal family. Due to her past trauma, she's become afraid of others trusting on... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Facts

Chapter 2

557 15 0
By Lee02V

"Yu He," a man's voice called.

"Yes, father?" the young man replied.

The Right Prime Minister couldn't help but sigh. "Do not disappoint me. This is the palace so leave your desires behind." he reminded him before walking on ahead to the morning court meeting with the other officials and the king.

The young man scoffed under his breath and followed behind reluctantly.

He was to be a future court official having been at the top of all his classes along with the Left Prime Minister's son as the only person who's ever been on par with him.

During the court meeting, concerns involving the other kingdoms came.

"Your Majesty, the Sui Kingdom is in need of our help to guard their borders." an official reported.

"Speak," the king said.

The official continued, "Its been written over to Your Majesty, that the same invaders that attacked the Jin Kingdom not too long ago are now targeting their kingdom. These people are from another nation not allied with neither of us Four Kingdoms." he spoke for everyone to hear.

The hand that the king had been leaning on, fell onto the rest and head lifted. "Give me a brief summary of the attack on the Jin Kingdom."

The same official nodded with a bow, "Yes, Your Majesty. Six years ago the invaders came abruptly and began to attack the borders. However, that was brought to a halt when the 4th prince led his own army to the borders to push them back. This lasted for at least three and a half years before the invaders finally admitted to defeat and left at the mercy of the 4th prince."

The king's finger tapped the arm rest as those words were spoke . "By my order, deploy troops to the Sui border. These invaders took almost four years to rid of, and that was by a single prince. If we take action now they can be gone in a faster period of time." he ordered.

Immediately, the official sent out an order by the king to ready the troops to be sent out.

"Are there any other reports to be given?" the king spoke.

With silence in the room, the Left Prime Minister gave a short bow to the King. "That was the last report, Your Majesty."

"Meeting adjourned." he ended and so he left with the officials giving their goodbyes, before leaving the room themselves.

"Fan He," a young man called to the Left Minister's son.

The man turned to meet with his competitor. "Yu He," he voiced.

Yu He chuckled with a smirk, "How's it tutoring the prince?" he asked.

Fan He sighed, "His Highness is doing great, although sometimes he can be.....a little moody." he couldn't quite find another word for that last part.

The Right Minister's son burst into laughter, "How exciting, the Left Minister's son is troubled." his voice sarcastic.

"Yu He if you're just going to bother me, please leave. I have a student to teach."

"So he is just a student then? How saddening, a one sided friendship." he mocked.

Fan He growled at his remarks, "His Highness is a friend of mines, but since I have been chosen with the honor of being his tutor, there will be times where I have to push our friendship aside and be his guide. Now, if you have nothing else better to say, I shall take my leave." he concluded and left without anymore to say.

Yu He scoffed, "Looks like you've grown up Young Mistress Fan He." he mocked once more.

It is only now that he decided to explore the grand palace at his own accord.

"Your Highness, Princess Wen Yue has come to visit." a servant announced behind the door.

A delighted smile fell upon Prince Wen Chen's lips hearing his sister's name, "Let her in!" he said excitedly.

The doors opened and then shut upon her entrance.

Wen Yue smiled, "How are your studies?" she asked as she greeted Fan He who was present as well.

"Ahh.....they are well," Wen Chen awkwardly grinned.

Fan He gave a short smile seeing the pair and decided to excuse himself. "I shall give both Your Highness time to yourselves." and left with the prince thanking him for the spared privacy.

Wen Yue gave a huffed chuckle, "Other than that, Ling's wedding is coming soon." she spoke of her eldest brother the 3rd prince, Wen Ling's marriage with Ju Ning, the General's daughter.

Wen Chen's mouth gaped by a fraction, "Ah, I still need to find them a gift!" he remembered.

He was so caught up in his studies causing him to forget his own brother's marriage. Not only that, he even forgot about the gift!

"Now that I mention it, I wonder if Xin will get married. Father is probably looking right now." Wen Yue pondered.

Wen Chen laughed manically, "What about you Sis? You're now of age too." bringing up the fear she didn't want to even think about.

She brushed off his words, "Don't even mention it. I still want to stay here a little longer." her voice calm.

"Alright alright, I won't mention it again." he promised his older sister.

"Anyways, do you have anything to tell me? It seems like you do." he told her.

She always came to his palace whenever she needed to say something.

She frowned lightly, "I'm having trouble composing a song." she confessed. 

"What seems to be the problem?" he asked with concern.

"I don't know...... I feel like I don't have that flair in me to compose one." she said sadly.

"Flair?" he questioned. "What do you mean?"

She sighed, "Although the flame inside me can produce a melody, for this particular one I cannot. The more I think about it, the further it slips from my grasp." her eyes lowered.

"It's like I need to find it." she explained.

His brow jerked at her words. For some reason, it touched his heart once they came through his ears.

He chuckled softly, "Sis, I don't think you need to find that flame rather, I think you need to let that flame find you." he advised her.

She smiled with a frown, "Maybe,"

"Did you also ask Xin about this?" believing she may have asked for his input.

"No, I don't think he'd understand what I'm talking about, and besides he's busy."

"Hmm....I see." he mumbled.

She then stood from her seat and came to her younger brother, hugging him tightly. "Do well in your studies alright?" she wished him luck.

His eyes settled with a warm gaze, "I won't let you or mother down." an oath.

She then released him from her arms.

"You never did." her curled lips never fell.

And so, she left.

Walking along the longer path to her palace, the day was already nearing evening. Some days she went on the faster route and some days she didn't.

However, before she could get to her palace she decided to go the lotuses. These flowers always and only bloomed near her mother's small palace.

She and her brother were both sons of a concubine being each other's only full blooded sibling. With her gone because of that day years ago, he was her only family left.

As she looked across the water's surface, a disturbance came moving the once calm lake.

The lily pads that were together parted slightly to reveal the face of a person who was sitting behind her not too far away.

"Who goes about here?" her voice changed to a demanding tone.

She turned to meet eyes with a young man.

He chuckled, "I'm sorry young maiden, did I startle you?"

It was Yu He.

Her voice became calm, "No one really comes here except for me......and who are you?" she questioned.

He gave a short smile, "I am...." he thought about it, "Yu He, from the first division troops, captain." introducing himself as another person.

Her eyes looked to the ground then back to him. She bowed lightly in respect, "Then this maiden greets Captain Yu He." she said promptly as she took her leave.

The young man took a closer look at her.

He saw how her eyes were nicely shaped giving it an alluring expression along with those long lashes, rosy lips, high nose, and her overall heart shaped face.

He was in complete awe of her stunning looks.

"Please wait young maiden!" he called out to her.

She only stopped but did not turn to look his way.

He's never seen anyone like her, pushing him to know who she is.

"Will you tell me your name?" he asked.

Her expression never changed, remaining straight.

"I am the 7th princess, Wen Yue."

He was taken aback by a fraction and bowed. "Greetings, Your Highness. Pardon me for my casual words."

"If there is nothing else to say I shall take my leave."

"Your Highness," he called once more halting her.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to meet here again?"

"You're asking me to meet you?" curiosity raised.

"Yes, Your Highness." he smiled.

"We will see." she simply remarked.

As her silhouette left he could only laugh to himself.

"What a striking maiden." were the only words he could say.

When she was gone, he too left to meet with his father to go back home. Till then, what will the future hold?
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.9K 3.2K 58
A child's deception leads to a life of adventure...and the unraveling of a heavenly mystery. All little An-Xia wanted was to learn sword-play, but t...
Tears Of Kai Yuan By Avigayil

Historical Fiction

75.5K 3.1K 35
Location: Ancient China Date: T'ang Dynasty During the most flourishing era in Ancient China, all seemed to be well for the people. The kingdom was g...
The Emperor's Phoenix By Y.P.

Historical Fiction

655K 26.2K 44
As Liu Ying Yue returns to her family home after many years, her step-mother secretly agrees to a political marriage with the emperor of the Shadow R...
139 16 12
"Do you remember when I tried to sneak a kiss from you when we were children?" "Your Highness, I don't think this is the most appropriate time to rem...