Pheonix

By ilunga00

A girl who's had many lives has come back for more. This time she's with her good friend Tom Riddle. It's all... More

Tommy
Hogwarts.....Again
Arranged Marriage
Secret's Out
Dying Days
Rebirth
The Vaults
Sixth Year
Aunt Marge and Sirius Black
Trust
The Dementor
Training
Padfoot
Marauders Map
The Shrieking Shack
The Explanation
Summer of Seventh
Loyalty
Draco Malfoy
The Hogwarts Express
The Triwizard Tournament
The Arrival
The Goblet of Fire
Debate
RIP
The Yule Ball
the letter
Christmas
the plan
reminisce
the third task.
Friends till the end
A/N (rewrite???)

Brooklyn Shafiq

766 21 1
By ilunga00

She was eleven now, she decided her life could not have gone better. Her mother had taught her magic since she was four, turns out that everything had advanced so much since the last time she actually went to Hogwarts.

She had also made friends with the great Harry Potter, she was heartbroken when her mother had told her about his backstory. About his parents. He was a kind boy none of the less. He was very skinny much to Asura's concern. She always fed him so much, suspecting that those horrid muggles weren't looking after him properly.

Today she was excited, however. Today was the day she went to Hogwarts. She was actually looking forward to it, excited about the adventures. But first, she had to say goodbye to Harry, her first and only friend at the moment.

She raised a pale hand to knock on the unpleasant household's door. She heard a grumble from inside and the door opened to reveal a rather fat man with barley and neck, Asura winced.

"What do you want?" He grumbled, obviously not pleased to see her on his doorstep.

"I wish to say goodbye to Harry before i go to school, " she answered with forced politeness, hoping he didn't see through her facade even though her mother had taught her very well.

He sighed and invited her in, he had been scared of her since the 'incident'. In her defence, it was an accident. She didn't mean to blow him up, she just kind of did. Oopsie.

Asura rushed in to see Harry washing up at the sink, she decided to surprise him by sneaking up on him. She tiptoed from the door to the point where she was a few steps away from him and whispered "boo" in his ear. He jumped five feet in the air.

He turned around and hugged her, the pair still laughing at his misfortune.

"What are you here for?"

Asura became serious, "I'm leaving to go to private school today hazza. I came to say goodbye."

Harry looked heartbroken.

"Can I go with you?"

"One day. One day when you are my age and I promise everything will get better and you'll make new friends and learn about new things. You'll learn to play new games and explore."

Harry's eyes lit up at that, excitement growing inside him.

"Can you promise me one thing though H?"

Harry nodded.

"Promise me you will always believe in magic, no matter what."

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

The two linked pinkies in the manner of an unbreakable promise. Then they hugged, neither of them wanting to let go.

"I'll see you at Christmas Hazza."

They broke apart and Asura turned to leave, they both waved at each other until she finally exited the house.

This was her next adventure, one that she was sure is going to be great.

Once back at home, her mother greater her and they both separated away to the platform.

Asura's breath was taken away at she saw that familiar train, the one that made happy. That was when she realized she was going home. She was overjoyed with happiness.

Giving her mother a quick hug and a goodbye, she stepped on the train. She walked down the aisle finally coming to an empty one and sat down. She thought back to the last time she did this. When she met them, wonderful boys.

There was a knock on the compartment door.

"May a sit here?" Came a rather posh voice, Asura looked up.

There stood an absolutely stunning girl. Short, dirty blonde hair that was cut short in a messy fashion complemented those piercing blue eyes. She was completely makeup-free.

"Brooklyn Shafiq, " the girl introduced herself as she took a seat.

"Asura, " she responded.

"Asura who?" Brooklyn asked curiously.

"I don't know," she admitted.

"Hmm that's weird, do you want to play twenty-one questions?" The girl asked excitedly, bubbly personality starting to show.

Asura nodded, "you go first."

"Favourite colour?" The girl asked excitedly.

"Aquamarine. Dream career?" Asura asked back, becoming just like the bubbly girl in front of her.

"I want to be a healer but I'm not sure how my family would feel about that," Brooklyn admitted.

Asira gave her a look of sympathy, "be whatever you want to be if someone has a problem with that they don't deserve you."

The girls carried on, asking each other questions and giggling every now and then until they reached Hogwarts.

The girls stumbled off the train, high on laughter and happiness and walked over to the giant man who was calling them over.

"Hello!" The girls shouted in unison before looking at each other and burst out laughing.

The man chuckled, "what're yer names then?"

"Well kind sir, my name is Asura-"

"And I'm Brooklyn!"

The girls once again began laughing.

"Well I'm Hagrid, I'll be showing you to the boats."

With that, they started walking. When it came to the boats they both got in and waited for the others to get in their own boats.

"What house do you think you will be in?" asked Asura.

"Slytherin probably. I don't have a problem with that though."

"Good-" she was cut off by multiple gasps coming from the other students.

She looked up and found her own breath being taken away. The castle before them was nothing but extraordinary.

The got to the shore and was lead to the entrance hall to be met by Minnie. Otherwise known as Minerva McGonagall.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall," said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here. "

Asura could hear the chatter of the people inside the great hall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Minnie. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

I shall return when we are ready for you, in the meantime, i suggest you smarten up."

Minnie turned away out of the entrance hall causing a low mummer of conversation begins between the first years.

Suddenly, the bloody baron flies over them causing a gasp. He winked at Asura causing Brooklyn to look at her with a confused look. She just shrugged and turned back to face the front.

It was the Minnie decided to make her appearance once again.

"Now, form a line, " Minnie told the first years, "and follow me. "

They all quickly got into a line, Asura standing behind Brooklyn, and they walked through the double doors leading into the great hall.

It was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. These tables were laid with glittering golden plates and goblets. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. Minnie led them to the front of the hall and then they came to a halt. Asura looked up to see the familiar velvet sky easing her nerves. She may have done this a thousand times but it was different every single time and it still made her shaky.

She quickly tore her gaze from the ceiling to see Minnie silently place a four-legged stool in front of them. On top sat an old, frayed hat. Her old friend, her creation.

For a few seconds, there was complete silence. Then the hat twitched. A rip near the brim opened wide like a mouth -- and the hat began to sing:

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you have a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folk use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again.

When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," she said.

Asura tuned everything out as she glanced around the place that was until Brooklyn's name was called out. Then she looked on in anticipation. They sat there for minutes until finally it called out,

"Slytherin!"

A smile graced the girls face as she walked down to the Slytherin table, glancing at Asura and winking.

She zoned out again until her name was called. She walked with grace to the stool and sat down. The hat didn't even touch her head until it shouted,

"Slytherin!"

Asura felt the joy to be with her friend. She couldn't ask for more and she knew the hat knew that.

Once she sat down, she looked up at the head table. The seat furthest away from her was taken by Hagrid. In the centre, there was an empty space where Albus Dumbledore should be. Then the one closest to her sat good ol' Severus Snape. She winked at him, the look of familiarity filled his face. He knew who she was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

725K 25.2K 34
COMPLETED» 4/13/18 First Draft✔️ Second Draft: in progress • Featured on Wattpad's Official @Fanfic Harry Potter reading list • • First story to be f...
2.1K 85 4
Summary: It's been over five years since Voldemort's defeat when Harry Potter gets pushed through a portal and falls into the Great Hall of Hogwarts...
153K 3K 49
ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ sʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ, ʙᴏᴛʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴄᴏʟʟᴀᴘsɪɴɢ, ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ. •...
96.1K 1.9K 27
"Okay, got it! So your Minnie," She begins, pointing to the woman, "And you're Sevy" She says, pointing to the man. It is at this point that the two...