Before I Forget || Bakugo X f...

By WhiskeyWhisperer

(This story has been discontinued) (y/n) (l/n) is a young girl who aspires to become a hero. She is beyond ha... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
๐ŸŽƒHalloween One-shots๐ŸŽƒ
Chapter 57
Author's Note
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Author's Note

Chapter 58

1.4K 57 63
By WhiskeyWhisperer

Hi.

I'm just here to apologize in advance for the fact that I have no inspiration when it comes to buying people gifts. Ever.
This is why I give people money for their birthday.

Happy reading!

I went to a cafe with Tamaki and Mirio, and after we ate our lunch it was time for presents. I was curious to see what they got me.

"Okay, so as I said before we teamed up to think of what to get you, but don't expect too much", Mirio warned beforehand.

I smiled and nodded, my curiosity increasing. Tamaki silently handed me a small bag and I gratefully took it. I looked inside and saw two presents. I took out the first one and carefully removed the wrapping paper.

It were three volumes of a manga series I didn't know, but it seemed interesting.

"We thought you might like this series, but since we didn't know if you already had it we kept the receipt", Mirio said.

"That's all right, I've never heard of this series before", I mumbled as I inspected it. "It looks awesome."

"That's nice to hear", Mirio cheerfully said.

I smiled and took out the other present. As I began unwrapping it Tamaki spoke up.

"Since you like videogames we thought you might like this", he mumbled.

My eyes widened when I saw what it was. They got me a new version of a retro gameboy.

"Holy shit", I whispered as I inspected the box from all sides. "This is so cool."

I looked up and smiled at Tamaki and Mirio.

"Thank you so much!", I said. "But you got these awesome presents and now mine look terrible!"

"I'm sure they won't", Mirio tried to assure me.

"I suck at thinking of presents to get people", I sighed. "My mind just goes blank."

"We figured when you had to come to us to think of something to get your best friend", Tamaki commented.

I shot him a look and grabbed the bag with presents for them. I handed both boys two presents, which they took.

As they started unwrapping I decided to elaborate on my choice of presents, or rather make up excuses about why they were so shitty.

"Okay, Tamaki, since you're so introverted and like to stay indoors I got you a very soft and comfortable blanket", I began. "Mirio, since you're always so cheerful and happy I got you Happy Socks, because... Well, who doesn't like Happy Socks?"

Mirio chuckled and looked at the socks as Tamaki let his fingers brush over the soft blanket I got him.

"Okay, Mirio, your second present was more because I didn't really know what else to get and I had to get something", I awkwardly admitted. "But they're supposed to be very good quality."

Mirio curiously inspected the earbuds I got him before smiling up at me.

"Thank you, (y/n)", he said. "I was looking to buy new earbuds, actually."

"You were?", I asked in a surprised tone.

"No", he cheerfully said. "But it made you feel better, didn't it?"

I shot him a look.

"I'm joking, I'm joking", he chuckled. "My earbuds were almost dead and these are way better quality, so I really appreciate it. Thank you."

I nodded and averted my eyes. Then I turned to Tamaki, who began unwrapping his second present.

"Okay, uhm...", I awkwardly said. "Same story here, actually, I didn't know what else to get you. I bought a camera and the lens that goes with it is especially good for photographing close up things, like... butterflies."

"Thank you, (y/n)", Tamaki mumbled as he curiously inspected the box.

"Oh, and I got one thing for the two of you together", I mumbled as I dug the small package out of my bag. "It's a game that you can play, though you need at least three players and it's more fun the larger the group."

I put the gift on the table and Tamaki nodded for Mirio to open in. The blonde complied and unwrapped it. Then he raised his eyebrows.

"Cards Against Humanity?", he read out loud. "That's an interesting name. I don't think I've heard of this."

"Me neither", Tamaki mumbled.

"You haven't?", I said in a surprised tone. "All the more fun, then. Open it back home and try it. It's really fun."

"We will", Mirio smiled.

"Oh, and one more thing", I began.

"There's more?", Mirio asked.

"Yeah, well...", I murmured. "I don't know if it'll really mean anything to you, but I got a new hoodie."

"A hoodie...?", Tamaki mumbled in a confused tone.

I nodded and took off my jacket. I smiled and a light blush spread across my cheeks.

"It's not much, but it's just something that I wanted to do and thought you might like", I said as I rubbed the back of my neck.

Mirio and Tamaki stared at my hoodie, which had the same print as Mirio's hero costume.

"I have one of yours as well, Tamaki", I smiled.

"You do?", he replied in a surprised tone.

I nodded.

"You're so sweet, (y/n)!", Mirio beamed as he ruffled my hair. "Do you feel that, Tamaki? We have a real fan, I'm so honored."

I chuckled and tried to fix my hair a bit.

"I could get them for you as well", I said.

"Really? I want one of Tamaki's costume!", Mirio immediately said.

"I would like one of Mirio's", Tamaki shyly added.

"I thought so", I chuckled and I reached into my bag. "Here you go."

I handed both of them the hoodie they wanted.

"These're the only ones I had made, so they're like limited edition merch", I said. "If you wouldn't have wanted them or the size was wrong I'd just keep them for myself as oversized hoodies."

"This is perfect!", Mirio grinned, and even Tamaki seemed happy with the hoodie.

"I'm glad you like it", I said in a relieved tone. "At least it kind of makes up for my shitty presents."

"I'll admit that they could have been better, but it's about the idea!", Mirio smiled. "And I really like it! If you were as small as Eri I would've picked you up."

"Please do not, I'm not a little kid", I pouted.

"Yes you are", Mirio pointed out. "You're tiny."

"In case you didn't realize...", I began. "You're way older than me and you're huge."

"I'm not that tall", Mirio argued.

"Yes you are. How tall are you?"

"181 cm", he replied.

"That's very tall!", I said. "Tamaki, please tell him he's tall."

"He's not that tall", he murmured.

"Easy for you to say, you're also tall!", I argued.

"Maybe you're just small", Mirio smirked. "I mean, how tall are you?"

"I am 156 cm", I reluctantly admitted.

"Yeah, that's short", Mirio laughed.

"I'm still growing!", I objected.

"I doubt it", Tamaki mumbled.

"You guys are so mean", I sighed. "You're way older than me, you know? You're supposed to be taller."

"We're not that much older", Mirio said. "Besides, I think it's pretty normal for girls to stop growing when they're sixteen."

"I'm sixteen, I could still be growing", I murmured stubbornly, even though I knew I hadn't grown an inch in the past year and was probably done already.

"You're sixteen?", Mirio questioned. "So small..."

"Would you stop saying that? I'm not that short", I huffed. "I'm average height when you look at the girls in my class. Besides, how old are you two anyway?"

"I'm eighteen", Mirio answered.

"I'm seventeen", Tamaki mumbled.

"See? You're older, you've had longer to grow, stop calling me short."

"No, I don't think I will", Mirio grinned.

"This is bullying", I retorted.

"It's not", Tamaki said.

"Whatever", I huffed, knowing that continuing the discussion would be pointless. I was short, they were tall, and those were the facts. Unfortunately. "Can we talk about something else, please?"

"Sure!", Mirio replied. "How's your boyfriend? Do I need to kick his ass yet?"

"You do not", I immediately said. "He's fine."

"Okay, so, your boyfriend's name is Bakugo, right?", Mirio asked.

I nodded in confirmation.

"And he won the Sports Festival for 1st years?"

I nodded again.

"Didn't he get muzzled and chained because he was trying to kill you?"

"Well... yes", I murmured. "But he's not a bad guy, he just has a temper and a strong desire to win."

"But he did win", Tamaki interjected.

"I know that, but he didn't like the way he won", I tried to explain. "It's like... He wanted to win after a fair fight and didn't like that I gave up."

"Hmm, all right then", Mirio mumbled. "But still, if you ever require an ass-kicking for someone, even if it isn't your boyfriend, text me."

He dramatically gestured to his phone, which made me chuckle.

"Thank you, Mirio, but I doubt it'll be necessary", I smiled.

"You never know", he shrugged.

"By the way, the internships are starting again", I beamed.

"Yeah, Tamaki told me", Mirio said with matching enthusiasm. "Everyone's participating this time, right? You might get another classmate at Fat Gum's agency, then."

"I know", I smiled. "I'm looking forward to that, actually."

"Please no", Tamaki murmured. "You and Kirishima are already enough to deal with."

"Then you'd better hope it's not Tetsutetsu who's joining us, because I heard Eiji say something about him wanting to come", I smiled.

"Who's Tetsutetsu?", Mirio asked.

"Imagine copying and pasting Eijiro Kirishima, and then adding a different filter", I said. "Boom, you have Tetsutetsu."

"Is that his first or last name?", Mirio questioned.

"Yes."

Tamaki sighed and Mirio irked a brow.

"It's both", Tamaki explained. "His name is Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu."

"Really?", Mirio asked. "I'd like to meet his parents."

"Anyway, Eiji and Tetsutetsu are always yelling when they see each other and hyping each other up", I said.

Tamaki groaned and rubbed his hand over his face.

"Whoa, that sounds like it'd be good for you to join them", Mirio said.

"No. No it does not", Tamaki retorted.

"They're quite fun to hang around, just loud", I said. "But they'll probably be talking to each other most of the time so I'll stay with you and Fat Gum."

"I'm not sure that'd be better", Tamaki grumbled.

I rolled my eyes.

"By the way, did you hear about the three boys in my class interning with Endeavor?", I asked.

"Hm? No", Mirio replied. "Who's interning with Endeavor?"

"Izuku Midoriya, Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo", I replied. "I'm not worried about Sho since it's his dad and he's always cold to him, but..."

"Are you worried about Midoriya?", Mirio asked.

"Well, yes", I mumbled. "Katsuki will probably get into trouble arguing with Shoto, leaving Izuku as kind of a third wheel, I guess. Besides, that broccoli boy is way too kind to be interning with someone like Endeavor."

"I agree, but he is the no. 1 hero", Mirio pointed out. "He might not be kind, but it'll be useful to intern there."

"Yeah, I guess that's true", I admitted. "I just hope they'll be okay."

I was just about to say something else when I received a notification on my phone, and by the sound I knew that it was Bakugo.

What could he want?, I thought.

Katsu-chan:
Where the fuck are you?

You:
Wdym?

Katsu-chan❤:
I thought you wanted to watch that dumb show?
Ei said you went out

My eyes widened as I glanced at the time on my phone. I was supposed to be at the dorms by five to watch a show that I liked on tv with Bakugo, but my lunch with Mirio and Tamaki had taken a lot longer than I realized. They picked me up around 1:30, but over three hours had passed already.

"Shit, I'm gonna be so fucking late", I muttered.

"Whoa whoa whoa, watch the language, (y/n)", Mirio said.

"I'm sorry!", I replied. "I'm supposed to be back at the dorms by five."

"Five?", Tamaki questioned. "What time is it?"

"4:45", I groaned. "I won't make it on time."

"If we leave now and hurry up a bit you'll be back by 5:10", Mirio said. "Let's go quickly."

I nodded and got up. After we paid for our lunch we went back by train and walked back to the dorms at a brisk pace. I'd texted Bakugo on the way.

"I'm sorry I suddenly cut off our lunch like that", I mumbled.

"That's okay", Tamaki answered.

"Yeah, it's fine", Mirio agreed. "We'd been there for quite a while already. I didn't realize how late it was."

I brushed my hair behind my ear when we reached Heights Alliance and turned back to my friends. I gave Tamaki a short hug, since I knew he didn't particularly like or dislike it.

"Happy holidays", I smiled.

"Yeah, you too", Tamaki said.

Then I turned to Mirio, who immediately gave me a bearhug. He deliberately lifted me up from the ground, at which I immediately began to struggle.

"Stop that, I'm not a little kid!", I objected.

Mirio laughed and lifted me up higher. I struggled to get out of his grip more, starting to thump on his back with my fist.

"Put me down!", I demanded, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"Fine, fine", Mirio gave in.

He put me back down and ruffled my hair with a big grin.

"Happy holidays, (y/n)", he said.

"Happy holidays", I replied with a smile.

I took a step back and heard the front door open. I turned around and saw Bakugo standing there with his usual expression.

I waved at Mirio and Tamaki before walking through the door, greeting my boyfriend with a kiss on his cheek. He threw the door shut and began to walk back to the common room. I could see Mirio mouthing 'ass-kicking' while pointing at his phone and smiled right before the door closed completely. Then I hurried after Bakugo.

"I'm sorry I'm so late", I said. "I lost track of time."

"I paused your stupid show", Bakugo said before looking at me. "Now kiss me properly."

I was a bit taken aback, but then I smiled.

"Fine."

I put my hands on his shoulders and stood on my toes. I closed my eyes and leaned in until our lips touched, kissing Bakugo lightly. I was about to pull away when he put his hand on the side of my face and deepened the kiss, sweetly caressing my cheek. When he pulled back I was slightly out of breath, but Bakugo seemed satisfied and had a small smirk on his face.

"Let's go watch your stupid show", he said and he gently grabbed my hand as we walked to the common room. 

We settled on a couch in front of a tv that had been paused at he beginning of a show I liked to watch. Although Bakugo didn't particularly like it he did watch it with me, which I appreciated. When the episode was over I was snuggled up against him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Are you going home for New Year's?", Bakugo suddenly asked.

"I... don't know", I sighed. "I don't really want to."

"Then don't", Bakugo said. "It's as simple as that."

"Yes, but then I'll be all alone at the dorms while everyone else is visiting their family", I mumbled. "I think I should just go and visit my parents."

"Come to my place."

"...What?", I asked and I pulled back to look Bakugo in the eye. "Your place? For New Year's?"

"Yes. Anything's better than going to your rotten parents, and besides... I'd like having you around."

"Well that's nice to hear", I smiled and I leaned my head against his shoulder again.

"When you're around my mom is too focused on you to yell at me."

"That's your reason?!", I asked and I shot up again.

"Not the only one", Bakugo grinned and he kissed me on top of my head.

I huffed and didn't say anything. After considering it for a while I came to the conclusion that I would much prefer going to Bakugo's house over my own.

"Can I really?", I asked. "Go with you for New Year's?"

"Of course", Bakugo replied.

"I'd like that", I mumbled. "But check with your parents."

"Sure."

I watched as Bakugo pulled his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it. He scrolled through his contacts until he reached his mom's and sent her a text that said '(y/n) is coming for New Year's', and nothing else.

"That's not checking", I pointed out.

"Shut up. She'll agree."

Not long after that Bakugo received a reply.

'Lovely. I like that she can cook, unlike you, you ungrateful little brat.'

"See?", Bakugo said as he showed me the text.

"Right", I said with a light chuckle. "I'm looking forward to it, then."

"Yeah, me too."

You know this is so random (I thought of this while writing the discussion between the mc and Mirio) but whenever I see people talking about heights online I always have to laugh because one of the things I read/hear so often is that girls want boys who're over 6 feet tall. Meanwhile where I live the average height for guys is a little over 6 feet.

In case you hadn't realized yet, I'm from the Netherlands. Ya know, Amsterdam, the place for weed, stroopwafels and freakishly tall people.

Anyway thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 1.1K 70
"No, please... Don't go.." Y/N, a girl whose goals are to save and flip people off. And maybe even win the heart of a certain hot-headed boy to bring...
609K 17.9K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
1.3M 40.7K 79
Energetic U.A. Student, Y/n L/n, makes her grand debut into the world of heroes with her friend, Katsuki Bakugo. As childhood friends, they've uncons...
215K 6.3K 43
ห—หห‹ [ ๐๐ž๐š๐, ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฉ, ๐œ๐ซ๐ฒ, ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž. ] หŽหŠห— ยท๐–ฅธยท After the Symbol of Peace tells Izuku Midoriya he cannot become a hero...Midoriya followe...