My Dream Boy (Awsten Knight)...

By band_music_addict

Imagine being the girl Awsten wrote telephone about. It all started at Target. You see an unfamiliar group of... More

target
DMs
telephone
walking texas vlogger
pins and needles
fandom release
miss Los angeles
an adult conversation
in the flesh
I don't want to cause trouble
this is halloween
new chapter later today PSA
everything is okay.
kellen
I've liked you for a while, I was wondering...
wait it out
the big date
the collab video
the airport 2
1k
chase your dreams
"the mom" type
Twitter/ Instagram
rehearsals
we need to talk, or maybe we don't
the feeling is mutual
unusually common
video call
sorry to keep doing these.
court date
highway to you
from the airport to my embrace
soundcheck shenanigans
a date? (pt. 1)
a date? (pt. 2)
do they even like her? (SOCIAL MEDIA)
good kisser
stress sick
the unknown music video
the winner(s)!!!
it's time to stop.
Houston Christmas
Post-Holiday Thoughts
watch what happens next
ramble
phone calls, duty calls
EU/UK tour plans
birthday videochats
surprise!!
nice to see you again
moving in
last chapter: I love you
character in the story:
sequel sneak peek

The airport

1.6K 35 22
By band_music_addict

"Come on just wake up. You've got to go home and I've got to drive you",I say in my sister ear.

"Nuh uh. I don't wanna", she groans.

"Come on. What is the worst that can happen?",I ask her, still trying to convince her to get up so she don't miss her flight.

"Well, My boyfriend could break up with me, mom could disown me and be mad, just as well as dad."

"Why do you say that?",I ask, getting more and more curious why she don't want to go back to Houston.

"Because...",she pauses for a moment thinking about what she should say next, "can I trust you not to tell any body, not even social media?"

I nod in response.

"I'm, I.. I can't physically tell you. Or anybody. I just can't",she she backtracks.

"Yes you can. You can tell me anything, that's how we've always been. Mom and dad still don't know about that time in tenth grade."

"Oh,yeah, that was a good day.  Okay, fine I'll tell you",a comfortable silence fell over the room for a second before she started speaking again, "I'm- you promise not to tell?"

"Yes, on with it"

"Okay, I'm going to be a mom."

"What?!",I nearly scream, not of anger, but of happiness.

She nods her head.

"Okay, so here is what we are going to do. You're going home today, don't tell any of them yet though, then when I come and live there for a few weeks or whatever, we will throw a party or make a dinner. Then you tell them. Got it"

Her eyes went wide at my excitement, but she got up off her bed and scrambling around the room.

"Okay. Deal!",she says as she gives me a high five, "now get out, I've got to get ready. Thanks for making feel better."

"You're welcome",I say as I walk out and shut the door behind me.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a cereal bar, like those rice Krispies treats but it's fruity pebbles or something. Yeah that.

I get it eaten within about five minutes, which is apparently, enough time for my sister to walk in my living room, wheeling her suitcase close behind her.

"Ready?"

She nods as I stand up to grab my keys and all the essentials. 

"If we don't hurry, you're gonna miss your flight",I say, in a somewhat serious tone.

Awsten pov

"Oh, hey, our flight takes off pretty, soon, think you took enough time to get ready, otter?", I joke with Otto as he gets in the back, considering Geoff already had shotgun.

"Sorry, it's so hard to say bye to the dogs and-",he cuts himself off.

"Yeah. I know. That's how it is when I say bye to her"

"Bummer, if you guys are like that with your pets, I'm glad you guys don't have human kids to take care of. That is a different level of parting.",Geoff chimes in.

"Wow. Classic gamer dad Geoff",I nearly yell.

I draw my back to the road and pull out of his drive way where he was staying in LA with, of course, Grace and their pets.

"So, how's your week been Awsten, yaknow, with us here",Otto ask, a smile plastered on his face.

"Um, pretty good, I'm still really tall and cute, and also richer that you two, life is good",I laugh.

Geoff hums in agreement, while Otto just bursts out laughing.

"What happened with you and that girl?",Geoff asks, in all seriousness.

"What girl?",I say,completely forgetting who he was talking about for a moment, "oh, you mean (y/n)?"

They gave me a 'duh' kind of look as if I should've guessed right off top of my head.

"Oh, yeah, I sort of have her my number, we texted for the majority of the night and a little bit this morning, she has yet to reply to my last message",I answer, still trying to keep my focus on the road.

"So when are you gonna introduce us?",Otto mentions.

"Wait, you mean I didn't do that?",I ask, a hint of sarcasm playing in my words.

"Um, yeah. And as your best friend-",Geoff starts.

"Who said a minion lover is still my best friend?",I laugh, trying to change the subject.

He let out a laugh as well, dropping any questions he had before about (y/n). It's not a bad thing, but let's be honest, the more they or anyone asks questions, I am gonna over think everything, and I want things, If their is anything, to happen naturally between us. With the release of FANDOM in a few days, I can't handle much more things in my schedule, with all the interviews and promotion of the album, I can't have the fact that if I may have a girl around, friend or not, the fanbase will raise questions and get all protective and all, which is nice, but it's all because they know what happened with... her.

"So, Awsten, you ready for Jersey?",Otto asks.

"I mean, I geuss, I get to sing new songs no one has heard yet and they are all acoustic, so, that's cool",I respond.

The rest of the ride is just small talk 'til we get to the airport.

"Lucas wants us on this plane as soon as possible, so we don't miss it, and then we'd have to reschedule the acoustic shows and no body wants that."

"Blah blah blah, just get back here and get your shit",Geoff says as he gets out of the car and goes to the trunk, where our luggage is.

"I'm just telling you what he sent me. Hold on",I say pointing one finger as if he could see me in the driver's from the back of the trunk, stopping to check the text I just got.

(Y/n): oh, hey sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been at the airport for the past three hours. Stupid delays.

(Y/n): and to answer your question, yes. We are identical twins.

Me: oh, cool.
Me: I can't talk for long, I'm fixing to get on a plane. Got days mixed up. Turns out I didn't have a few days left after all. Lol

"Oh, did somebody text you back?",Otto mocks when he notices I am looking at my phone.

"So, and if she did",I ask.

"Come on Awsten, just get your stuff from back here. We gotta get going or going to be the reason we are missing our flight"

I slide my phone back into my pocket, making a mental note to resume the conversation later.

We walk into the airport with our information and passports, that sorta thing. We get to walking to the gate when I see two look alike girls sitting across the room in the very uncomfortable airport chairs, waiting outside another gate. The one that goes to Texas.

"Guys, look, it's (y/n), right over there.", I motion to the girl's.

"And that is?",Otto questions slowly.

"The girl I met yesterday", I almost shout, causing both girls to look up at me.

One with a happy look on her features, and the other confused. Probably because a guy with green hair and bright face is being loud in an airport. The rest of the crowded just went on about their destinations as if someone being loud was normal. I mean, it could be, but maybe the girl isn't used to it.

The happy girl came walking over, dragging her twin along by the arm.

"Hey, Awsten.",she starts, the smile not exactly fading.

"Hi", I smile back, "how's it going."

"Um, well, I'm taking my sister here back to Texas. Remember?",she says, gesturing to her look alike next to her.

"Yeah, I remember, but, uh, I couldn't exactly think of anything else to say, it a habit. Sorry that was stupid",I speak, sort of fast.

"Awsten, I hate to ruin this conversation, but we have to go get on our plane before it takes off with out us."

"Oh, right. Um, yeah",I say, trying to get my train of thought back, "I almost forgot, these are my band mates, and my friends, Otto and Geoff. I got to get going".

The three wave at eachother for a greeting along with a smile.

"Oh, yeah, oh, that's fine, we still have the delay, but good luck with your flight",she tells me.

"Thanks", I wave as Otto, Geoff and I walk off, as the girls go back to waiting in their seats.

The guys and I got through the gates and all that good flight shit. Geoff and I in one row and Otto at the window seat behind us. Geoff, on the window side next to me. We put the rest of our carry-on in the overhead and took our seats. The first few moments of take off were pretty quiet. It's just me not paying attention to their conversation, with Geoff turned to be facing Otto.

I blankly stare out the window, as the streets got smaller and the sky got bluer as we lifted off the ground. The more I thought about it, the more (y/n) looked familiar.

"Awsten, what are you thinking about? You're like caught in space or something",Otto drags me out of my daze, his face red as if he was trying to hold back laughter.

"Uh, yeah. Does (y/n) look familiar to you guys?",I ask, curiosity gracing my features.

(A/n): Fandom is just... So.... Good. Like there is no right words for how good it is. It makes me feel all the emotions and even ones I didn't know I had. If you haven't you should give it a listen. Okay psa over. STREAM FANDOM.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 123 60
Y/n a 16 year old, a high school (Junior) student was roaming around the park, when suddenly he bums into her.. Who is he? Y/n stands for your name...
133K 2.6K 17
✟ ⋆ Reader x Vance Hopper ⋆ ✟ 𖀐 "I hate Vance Hopper. I hate his stupid hair, I hate his stupid pinball obsession, but the thing I hate the most is...
1.2M 31K 32
I was walking to my locker when I heard someone calling for somebody. "Hey! Little cutie!" They called. I kept waking, since no one noticed me and...
37.2K 1.6K 34
After breaking up with Kai, Eliza is desperate. Going onto an online chatroom for the first time she meets a guy. They hit it off and she gives him h...