A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 2: Chaos Rising
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 11: Alpha Pact
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good
Chapter 15: Galvanize
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 18: Riddled
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 20: Echo House
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 35: Monstrous
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 6: Motel California

4.7K 109 4
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

A bus full of teenagers was pulling up to the Glen Capri. Scott, Stiles, Sabrina, Allison and Lydia came out and gave the motel a grim look.

"I've seen worse," Scott tried to shrug off. 

"Me too," Sabrina agreed.

"Where have you two seen worse?" Stiles asked as he kept his eyes on the gloomy and run-down looking place.

But before anything else could be said, a familiar whistle blew.

"Listen up," Coach said to everyone. "The meet's have been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves...Expect for you Baby McCall. You're the only student on this trip that I like," He then held up a bunch of room keys. "You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely." One by one, the keys were taken as people paired off to head for their rooms. "And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that?" he warned. "Keep your little dirty hands to your dirty little selves."

Sabrina walked up to Coach. "Baby McCall!" he cheered. "Congratulations, you get your own room," he handed her the room key. "Don't do anything bad," "I promise I won't Coach," she took the key from him and made her way to her room.

Allison moved to head for their room but she noticed that Lydia was still standing in the same spot, looking out at the place. "Lydia?"

Lydia just kept her gaze on it. "I don't like this place."

Allison gave the motel another hard look and smiled. "I don't think the people that own this place like this place," she laughed out. "And it's just for a night."

Lydia took a deep breath. "A lot can happen in one night."

++++++

Sabrina was looking at herself in the mirror as she brushed her hair when she felt a sudden twitch in her eye. She went to take a closer look but as she looked, the iris of her eye shined gold. She jumped back as she saw that it was not back to normal. She then started to move off out of the room. She moved to stand in front of a vending machine. Moments later, Boyd had joined her and the two kept their gaze on the glass of the vending machine.

++++++

Stiles remembered seeing a vending machine before as they headed to the room so he left to get himself a little snack. As he walked out of the room, he moved down the steps towards the corner where he remembered the machine was and found that there was already someone there, Sabrina and Boyd.

"Yo Boyd," he said to him but Boyd didn't respond. Stiles then looked over at his girlfriend. "Hey, babe," but she too didn't respond. Boyd just moved to make his selection, Peanut Butter Crackers. "Hey. That was the same thing I was going to get," he said trying to be friendly. But Boyd still stared on ahead as his selection got stuck. "Oh, hang on. You know what? I got a patented method for this. Don't worry."

Stiles then moved to grip the top of the machine to shake Boyd's crackers free but Sabrina just went and punched her arm right through the glass. Boyd then took the entire slide of crackers away. He then walked off with them. Stiles stared after him, feeling puzzled. He looked back at Sabrina who was now grabbing a couple of chocolate bars. 

"Babe, you feeling okay?" Stiles asked as she didn't answer him again.She then walked off. Stiles stared after her, still feeling puzzled at to what had happened just moments ago. He looked back at the machine and hoped that no one would ask too many questions about that. Then, he shrugged and went to grab some crackers for himself.

++++++

Sabrina was drying her face as she had gone to splash it with cold water. She finished and dried her face off. She then opened the door open and froze in her spot when she saw Ennis, standing in front of her.

Ennis gave a devilish grin at Sabrina as she backed up into the bathroom. Ennis slowly advanced toward her. 

"Sabrina McCall," he growled out. "It's a pleasure to see you again after all these years." 

Sabrina legs hit the tub and she fell back into it. She looked up at Ennis who was now standing over her. "Y-you're dead, you're not real," she stuttered.

Ennis chuckled and knelt down next to her. "If I wasn't real, could I do this?"

Sabrina let out a gasp as Ennis dug his claws into her stomach, memories flashing through her head of the night she was bit by him.

She let out a cry as Ennis started slashing her stomach. "You should have died that night," he growled as he kept slashing her stomach over and over. She tried to fight back but he was stronger than her. "You're supposed to be dead, after all...you are a monster,"

Sabrina froze at the word 'monster.' 

"I am a monster," she whispered out.

"That's right you are, and that's why I'm finally going to kill you," 

++++++

Stiles knocked on the door to find Lydia waiting for him. He moved on in and she closed the door behind him and he saw that Allison was also there, seemingly waiting for him as well. The three began a discussion about their werewolves friends all acting strange.

"Last time I saw Scott act like this was during the full moon," Allison said.

Stiles folded his arms up. "Yeah, I know. He was definitely a little off with me, too. But actually, it was Boyd and Sabrina who were really off. Sabrina went and put her fist through the vending machine."

"See?" Lydia cried out. "It is the motel. Either we need to get out of here right now," She moved to open a drawer and pulled out a bible. "Or someone needs to learn how to do an exorcism ASAP before the werewolves go crazy and kill us."

Stiles held up his hand to calm her down. "Okay, just hold on, all right?. What if, it's not just the motel?" A horrible thought then came to him. "The number in the office went up by three, right?"

"You mean like, three sacrifices?" Allison asked. "What if, this time, it's three werewolves?" Allison's eyes widened. "Scott, Sabrina, Boyd. What about Isaac and Ethan?"

Stiles was starting to breathe more rapidly. "I'm not sure but maybe we were meant to come here?" "Exactly," Lydia cried. "So can we get the hell out of here now? Please?!"

But Stiles noticed something off about the bible that Lydia was holding. The pages seemed ruffled. "Wait, hang on. Let me see that." He took it from her and opened it to see that the book was stuffed with newspaper articles.

"What is that?" Allison asked getting closer.

Stiles twitched a bit from her getting close but kept his eyes focused on the headline. "Twenty-Eight Year Old Man Hangs Himself At The Infamous Glen Capri," he read. He then started to lay out the papers on the nearby bed.

"No. Look at these two," Lydia said as she picked two of them up. "They both mention room 217." She then looked at the handful of other articles spread out. "These are probably all the suicides that happened in this room."

"So if every room has a bible," said Allison.

"There could be articles in all the rooms." Lydia finished.

Stiles wiped at the sweat on his brow. "Wow," he coughed out. "That's a beautiful thing. Most places leave a mint under the pillow. This one leaves a record of all the horrible deaths that occurred."

"What if the room next door has the one about the couple?" asked Lydia.

Stiles and Allison gave her a look before Stiles moved to head out of the room. He ran to the room next door to see that it was now locked. Allison and Lydia were right behind him.

"No, that was not locked before," Lydia said to him.

"Forget it," Allison cried. "We need to get Scott, Sabrina, Isaac and Boyd out of here."

Stiles nodded and they moved to head on to their rooms but stopped when there was a buzzing sound coming from the locked room.

"I'm not the only one who heard that, am I?" Lydia asked out loud. Allison shook her head and looked at the door. "It sounds like someone turned the handsaw on."

"Handsaw?" Stiles cried. He then pushed the two of them out of the way and then kicked the door in. There, in plain sight, was Ethan holding the saw and he was about to jam it into his chest. "Hey, no, Ethan, don't!" Stiles then ran and grabbed at the saw as Ethan tried to keep pushing it into himself.

Lydia saw the two of them struggle with it and feared that one of them might get themselves seriously hurt. She then looked around until she saw the extension cord for the saw. Stiles let out a shout as he pulled the saw from Ethan's grip just as Lydia pulled the plug. Stiles' face fell just inches above the blade as it started to slow and finally stop. Lydia then ran to push the saw away and Stiles turned around in time for them to see Ethan bring out his claws. He then moved to drag them across his chest. Stiles quickly got up and grabbed at his wrists. They pulled and yanked against each other until Stiles jumped to push at them to fall backwards. He fell to the floor but Ethan fell on a heater and let a yell as he got burned before he rolled to the floor himself. He then started to pant and looked at the three of them with wide eyes. His eyes came into focus and he stood up to collect himself.  

"What just happened?" he cried at them. He stared at them all for like a second before he took off out of the room.

"Ethan!" Stiles ran out after him. "Didn't you hear what I just said?" Stiles followed after him as Ethan started to charge out and headed back for his room. "I don't know how I got there or what I was doing." "Okay, you could be a little bit more helpful," Stiles spat at him. "You know, we did just save your life!"

That made Ethan finally stop and look at him. "And you probably shouldn't have." He then stomped off and headed off for his room. That left Stiles, Allison and Lydia staring after him.

"What now?" asked Lydia.

"I'll find Scott," Allison said. "You two find Sabrina, Isaac and Boyd. The best thing we can do is get them out of this place." Allison then moved to head for Scott and Stiles room while Lydia moved to get to Isaac and Boyd's. However, she stopped when she saw that Stiles wasn't following her. He was giving her a look.

"What?" she said to him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Stiles then shook his head. "No, I wasn't-"

"Stiles!" Lydia cut in.

Stiles blew a frustrated breath on his heated face. "All right, Lydia, I didn't want to say anything, but this, everything we're going through, we've kind of been through something like this before, a lot like this." "What do you mean? When?"

"Your birthday party," he hissed. "The night you poisoned everybody with wolfsbane."

That made Lydia freeze up and realize, with horror, that Stiles was right.

++++++

Lydia was walking off and Stiles was right at her heels.  

"Lydia, I'm sorry," he huffed as he kept in pace with her. "Look, I didn't mean that you're trying to kill people. Okay, I just...I just meant that maybe, you're somehow involved in getting people to kill themselves, you know? Which now that I say that out loud, sounds really terrible. So, I'm just going to stop talking."

But Lydia stopped. "Stiles. Do you hear that?"

"What?"

Lydia was hearing a baby crying. And a woman trying to calm it down and tell it to stop. She was over a drain. The voices seemed to be coming from it and she knelt down in front of it.

"Lydia, what do you hear?" Stiles asked her as he watched her get down.

"A baby crying," she muttered. "I hear...I hear water running," she then let out a gasp. "Oh, my God. She's drowning the baby! Someone's drowning!" 

++++++

At that moment, Boyd was in the bathroom of his motel room, filling the tub with water. He then started to fall back inside with the heavy safe holding his body down. Stiles and Lydia ran on inside and quickly found Boyd's feet sticking out of the tub. Stiles ran to try and drain the water but couldn't.

Stiles grit his teeth. "He blocked it. He blocked the drain with something. I can't get to it."

"What do we do?" she gasped. Stiles then moved to try and lift the safe off of Boyd. "Here, help me." he grunted as he and Lydia tried to lift the safe up but it was too heavy for them. "Is he dead? How long can a werewolf stay underwater?"she asked.

"You think I know that?" Stiles spat. He kept pulling until he lost his grip and fell back into the heater and cried out in pain. But the pain triggered something. The memory of when Ethan fell on the heater when Stiles fought to keep him from killing himself. "The heater. Ethan, he came out of it when he touched the heater."

"What?" Lydia cried.

"It's heat, fire. Heat does it, all right? We need something-" "He's under water!" she shouted at him. "Yeah, I'm aware of that!" Stiles cried. But Lydia gasped. "Wait, wait. The bus. On the bus, they'll have emergency road flares. They have their own oxidizers. They can burn underwater."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, go!" she shouted at him.

Stiles then broke into a hard run out the door. Lydia looked down and saw that Boyd's grip on the safe was loosening. She moved to try and pull the safe off of him but it was too heavy for her. She started to back away nervously as she watched Boyd slowly begin to run out of air before she felt a chill at her spine. She looked over at the beds in the room and started to kneel down. She lifted the cover at the foot of the bed and found that Isaac was underneath. He looked freaked.

He got to the driver's seat and started to look around until he saw an emergency kit and saw there were four flares. He pulled out three of them and ran back for the motel. He wiped some sweat that ran into his eye as he ran in the direction of the room. He then moved into the room and tapped Lydia's shoulder startling her.

He held the flares up to her. "I got them, What do I do? How do I do this?" "The cap," she said. "It's like a match. The cap's a match." Stiles then tried to ignite it but nothing was happening. "Stiles!" "Yeah, I'm trying," he said still striking it.

But then it ignited and Stiles quickly went for the tub and jammed it right at Boyd's arm. As soon as it made contact, Boyd quickly shot himself up and Stiles fell back in surprise. The safe was thrown off as Boyd shot up with a pained growl.

Stiles got to his feet and saw Boyd coughing as he tried to get his breathing back to normal. Lydia tapped his shoulder. "Isaac, he's underneath the bed. He looks pretty out of it."

Stiles went over and lifted the cover to see Isaac huddled under there looking freaked out. "Hey Isaac, got something here for you." He then took the other flare and jammed it right for his chest.

++++++

After Boyd and Isaac told Stiles and Lydia that they were alright, they left to try and find Sabrina. Stiles ran toward Sabrina's room with Lydia hot on his trail. Stiles wasted no time in opening the door and running into the room.

He stood in the bedroom and looked around. "Sabrina!" he called out as Lydia bent down under the beds to see if she was under there. Lydia stood back up and shook her head. Stiles sighed but stopped when he heard the sound of water coming from the bathroom.

He looked over at Lydia and their eyes widened. Without hesitation, the two of them ran over to the door of the bathroom. But to their luck, it was locked.

"How are we going to get the door open?" Lydia cried out. Stiles walked a good distance away from the door and charged toward it. Lydia moved out of the way. Stiles' shoulder made contact with the door and he fell back on the floor, groaning from the pain his shoulder was now feeling.

"...You didn't knock the door down," 

"I am aware of that!" Stiles spat out as he stood up. He observed the room again before an idea struck his mind. He picked up a table lamp and held it above his head. He swung the table lamp down onto the doorknob, breaking it off the door. 

Stiles dropped the lamp table and quickly pushed the bathroom door open. Lydia stood next to Stiles and gasped at the sight. 

Sabrina was in the tub, with the shower on and sitting in a small pool of her blood.

Stiles ran over to Sabrina and knelt down next to the tub while Lydia turned off the shower. The two could see that cause of the blood. Sabrina had her claws in her stomach. Stiles grabbed her hand and tried to tug it out of her stomach but it wouldn't budge.

"Stiles." 

He looked up at Lydia. "You know what we have to do." She held out a flare in her hand. Stiles looked at the flare and then at Sabrina who was in a trance. She had tears running down in her face. He hated seeing her like this. 

He grabbed the flare from Lydia and struck the cap, igniting it. "I'm so sorry for this," he whispered to Sabrina. He then jammed it right at Sabrina's arm. As soon as it made contact, Sabrina quickly pulled her hand out of her stomach and shot herself up. Stiles fell back in surprise when she let out a pained growl.

Stiles immediately got to his feet and saw Sabrina looking down at her hand that was coated with dried blood. Lydia immediately got a towel and knelt next to the tub as she gently took Sabrina's hand into hers and got to work at getting the blood off. 

"What-what happened?" Sabrina whispered as Stiles and Lydia glanced at each other before looking back at her. 

"We'll explain later, right now we have to save Scott," Lydia said as Sabrina's head snapped up at her twin's name. "Scott? What's going on here?" 

"Like, Lydia said, we'll explain everything to you later."

++++++

Allison came to find Stiles and Lydia with Sabrina in her room noticed the state that they were all in. She told them that Scott wasn't in his room. After Sabrina reassured the three that she was fine, the four left to try and find Scott.

"I cant find Scott," Allison said as they started to head down the stairs.

"It happening to him too, isn't it," Stiles muttered.

"It has to be. Didn't you say that there was another flare on the bus?" Lydia asked him.

"Yeah," he nodded. "I'll get it."

But he didn't go too far as they all just stopped walking.

In the center of the parking lot was Scott. He was standing there and had the flare in his hand, already ignited. He looked dripping wet.

"Scott?" Allison said as they moved in closer. But Scott was just looking down. "Scott?" Allison tried again.

But then a smell hit all four of them. It was the smell of gasoline. After seeing the empty tank on the ground next to him did they realize that Scott wasn't standing in a puddle of water, but in gasoline that he poured there and on himself. They all looked at him in frightful horror.

"There's no hope," Scott choked out.

"What do you mean, Scott?" Allison whispered to him. "There's always hope." Scott shook his head. "Not for me. Not for Derek." Allison began to cry. "Derek wasn't your fault. You know Derek wasn't your fault."

"Every time I try to fight back, it just gets worse. People keep getting hurt. People keep getting killed."

Stiles stepped forward. "Scott, listen to me, okay? This isn't you, alright. This is someone inside your head telling you to do this. Okay? Now-"

"What if it isn't? What if it is just me? What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else?" he asked to all of their horror.

Lydia started to feel numb all over, Allison and Sabrina were starting to cry and Stiles felt his heart drop. Scott wasn't looking like he was in a daze. His eyes were staring back at the four of them with clear focus. But his tone sounded so...broken. Defeated. He actually seemed to be believing in this. That made this even more horrifying for them.

"It all started that night I got bitten." He locked eyes with Stiles. "You remember the way it was before that? You and me. We were...We were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again. No one at all." He then raised the flare up higher as he looked down at it's flame. 

Stiles then took a step forward. "Scott, just listen to me, okay? You're not no one. Okay? You're someone, you're...Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you. Scott, you're my brother," his voice was nearly cracking as tears started to slide from his eyes.

Stiles moved another step and got Scott to look away from the flare's flame. Stiles took another step forward. He then looked down and then stepped on into the puddle of gasoline. 

Sabrina moved to try and stop him but he held his hand out to stop her before fully stepping in. More tears stared to slide from Sabrina's eyes as she watched this heartbreaking scene. Scott was now crying harder as he raised his head to look at Stiles who was staring back unflinchingly. He could see it, plain and true. Stiles was fully prepared to go out with him like this if that was what he really wanted. Sabrina, Allison and Lydia were watching the two of them with scared and heart wrenching looks on their faces. Stiles slowly reached for the flare, his eyes firmly locked with Scott's.

"All right, so...So if you're gonna do this, then I think you're just gonna have to take me with you."

Scott didn't make any moves to stop Stiles and his friend grabbed the flare from him and then tossed it far off to the side. Scott was starting to cry harder and Stiles started to move in to hug him. But Lydia's eyes fell on the flare as it suddenly started to roll on the ground as if an invisible hand gave it a push. It was rolling right for the gas.  

"No!" she cried as the flare reached the edge.

Sabrina knew what was happening and grabbed Allison as the two ran and jumped out of the way. The gas started to ignite and Lydia ran and tackled Scott and Stiles out of the way just one second before the spot they had been standing in erupted into a high roaring fire. Lydia turned to look at the flames when her eyes widened. She saw a hooded cloaked figure in the flames. For a second, she managed to see a pale and scratched up face before the flames flickered out.

The Darach. 

++++++

The next morning, Coach Finstock boarded the bus to find Scott, Stiles, Sabrina, Allison, Lydia, Isaac and Boyd all in there sleeping.

"I don't want to know," he said waking them up. "I really don't want to know. But in case you missed the announcement, the meet's cancelled, so we're heading home. Pack it in. Pack it in!"

After the fire, Scott went to stand underneath the shower to wash the gasoline off him and they dragged themselves to the bus to try and get some sleep. As cramped as it was, they actually felt more at peace than they had all night. Even if they were feeling a bit stiff right now.

Ethan moved up to them and took a seat near Scott. "I don't know what happened last night, but I'm pretty sure that you saved my life."

"Actually, I saved your life," Stiles said to him from behind with Sabrina sitting next to him. "Actually I saved everyone's life, but not that it matters that much. It's a minor detail." he shrugged away.

Ethan rolled his eyes but kept up his resolute. "So, I'm going to give you something. We're pretty sure Derek's still alive."

Scott's eyes widened as he looked back at Stiles and Sabrina. Derek wasn't dead. But Ethan wasn't done. "But he killed one of ours.That means one of two things can happen. Either he joins our pack." "And kills his own," Scott muttered. 

"Or Kali goes after him," Ethan corrected him. "And we kill him. That's the way it works." "Well it doesn't have to work that way," Sabrina said making Ethan look at her. "You and your pack could stop trying to kill us." Yeah, you know your little code of ethics there is sort of barbaric, just FYI." Stiles said at him. 

Ethan then got up and went to go sit next to Danny.  

Lydia settled her back into the chair as Coach started to get closer as he walked the aisle. "Hey, Ethan, I wanted to-" Her eyes were then drawn to a spot on his shirt just below his whistle. It looked...like a purple spot. A familiar shade of purple.

"Coach, can I see your whistle a second?" Lydia didn't wait for a response as she reached for the Coach's whistle and took it off his neck.

"Okay, hey, I'm going to need that back," he said to her. Lydia then went to sit in front of Stiles and Sabrina.

"Lydia, what's wrong?" Allison asked her.

Lydia just went and blew on the whistle but covered the top hole with her hand. When she extended it, it was covered in purple dust. "Wolfsbane."

Stiles shared a horrified look with Sabrina and Scott before turning back to the girls. "So...every time Coach blew the whistle on the bus. Sabrina, Scott, Isaac, Boyd-" "And Ethan," Lydia added. "We all inhaled it," Scott finished. "You were all poisoned by it," said Allison.

Stiles glared at the whistle. "So that's how the Darach got in their heads. That's how he did it," he mumbled angrily. Stiles then grabbed it from Lydia before he went to open the window.

Coach saw what he was about to do. "Hey, hey, hey! Stilinski!" he shouted a second before Stiles threw the whistle out onto the pavement just a moment before the bus started to drive them all off.

As they were driving off, one thing was clear to them all. The Darach wasn't just after the Alpha Pack. He was gunning for all of them too.

Allison took a moment to look over at Scott calmly looking at the window.Allison saw that Scott seemed to be looking much more calmer now then he had when she first got on the bus. She then looked over at Stiles and Sabrina. Stiles had his arm draped her Sabrina's shoulder and he pulled her closer into his side. The two were whispering and smiling every so often. 

Lydia had told Allison what had happened to Sabrina. Allison imagined how it must have felt for Stiles to see his girlfriend in that position. She shook the picture from her mind. She didn't ever want to relive last night ever again. 

But her mind wondered back over to Scott. She still cared a great deal about Scott. Loved him. But, if she truly did, then maybe it would be for his own good to love him only as a friend. Him saying all those things last night about how he didn't care or take things as seriously as he should, that might have been because of her and the guilt of it all nearly made Scott kill himself. Maybe there such a thing as fate like Scott believed. They were supposed to be in each other's lives, just not together. Besides...she was starting to feel a certain pull towards someone else. Her eyes then moved over to where Isaac was sitting. Almost like...fate, Isaac turned around and looked back at her.

[Edited 2/21/17]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 1.3K 23
Carson and Carter and Cassity are the new sisters in Beacon Hills. All three of them have magic but Carson and Carter are also half werewolf. They mo...
318K 6.6K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...
18.7K 453 15
25 year old Hailey is a woman of secrets. Not one person knows everything about her. When she is called back to Beacon Hills, her life flips. Her bro...
98.6K 1.7K 43
โ€ข~BOOK TWO~โ€ข Jennifer Blake was gone and the sacrifices were over, but that didn't stop the bad things in Beacon Hills. Something else was going on a...