Lessons Learned

By urluvissuicide

Sierra Cowell has been through a traumatic event in her life, losing her parents in a horrible car crash when... More

Prologue
Impact
Nerve
Breakfast
Want
Flowers
Attacked
Exile
Caught
Truth
Comfort
Black
Broken
Rejection
Accused
Payback
Frustration
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Admission
Dumped
Uncharted
Dinner
Flip
Rebound
Kiss Me (extra Sarry scene)
Return
Changes
Gymnastics
Jealous
Make-Up

WTF

362 7 3
By urluvissuicide

Zayn’s POV:

I woke up early the next morning, finding Kaylyn’s spot next to me empty.  Letting out a groan, I rolled over and looked to the bedside clock, finding that it was just barely after 5am.   A gentle glow of light came from under the bathroom door and I sat up, hearing the shower running.

I snuck into the bathroom and stripped off my boxers, Kaylyn jumped when she felt my arms wrap around her waist. “Good morning, gorgeous…” I whispered, pecking a kiss just below her ear.

“You scared the crap out of me,” she sighed, relaxing in my arms.

“Sorry,” I said, nuzzling my nose against her neck. “You left me in bed…all alone.”

“That’s because I have to get ready for work,” she replied turning to face me and lacing her fingers with mine.

“This early? It’s barely 5, love.” I pouted my bottom lip at her.

“Sierra woke me up early,” she smiled.  “She’s never been to New York, so we’re gonna get coffee and go for a walk in Central Park.”

“Oh,” I nodded. “I see.”

Her arms reached up to loop around my neck.  “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I pecked a kiss on her nose, resting my hands on her hips.

“You got in just as I was getting out, though,” she grinned and moved to leave me in the shower.

“I see how it is,” I chuckled, then reached to grab the shampoo and lather it into my hair.  “What do we have today?”

“Two interviews,” she called from the other room.  “Then, rehearsals.”

“That’s it?  I thought we’d be much busier today.”

“That’s tomorrow, love,” her voice came from just the other side of the shower curtain now.  “There’s more interviews, rehearsals, and a photo shoot.”

I rinsed off and reached out to grab a towel to wrap around my waist and stepped out.  Kaylyn stood infront of the mirror, still wrapped in her own towel,  putting her makeup on.

“I don’t understand why you’re putting that crap on,” I said softly, resting my chin on her shoulder and looking at her in the mirror. “You don’t need it.”

She playfully rolled her eyes. “You always say that and it’s actually kinda cheesy.”

“Cheesy?” I faked a pained expression at her. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Don’t need makeup…to cover up…” she mocked in a sing song voice.

“Oh dear god,” I laughed.  “Don’t quit your day job.  Leave the singing to me.”

“Ouch,” she giggled. “Do I suck that bad?”

I pecked a kiss on her shoulder and turned to the door. “I’m not answering that.” I moved to dig through my suitcase for clean clothes.

“Yeah, better not,” she stood in the doorway.  “You’re not going back to bed?”

“Nah,” I shrugged. “I’m sure Liam’s up by now…I’m gonna see if he wants to grab some breakfast.”

“Oh,” she replied, then looked back to the clock.  “Are you…in a hurry to do that?”

“No,” I shook my head and looked up to her. “Why?”

“Well…” she smirked.  “I don’t have to meet Sierra for almost an hour.”

“What are you suggesting?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh I don’t know,” she smiled cutely and dropped her towel to the floor.  “Oops,” she playfully held her hand up to her mouth. 

“Well,” I smirked and stood to move toward her, I bent down to pick up her towel. “That was clumsy.” I said, handing it to her.

“Silly me,” she shrugged.

“Come here…” I grasped her hips and pulled her to me, crashing my lips onto hers.  I grabbed the back of her thighs and lifted her up, she wrapped her legs around my waist and I moved to lay her on the bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sierra’s POV:

After taking a shower and getting ready for the day, I sat back on the edge of the bed and grabbed my phone to send Uncle Simon a good morning text.  He always did love it when I just text to say ‘hi’….a habit I had just recently started back up.

A familiar arm reached out to loop around my waist and pull me back down.  I gladly laid next to him, feeling his nuzzle his nose into my neck and peck a soft kiss just below my ear. “Where do you think you’re going so early?” he asked, his voice deep and raspy from sleep.

“To work,” I replied, feeling the goosebumps on my arms subside.

“Nope,” he growled, gently biting at my neck.

“I have to,” I giggled.  “Kaylyn and I are getting coffee..then going to the park.”

“Park?” he held his head up to look at me. 

“Central Park,” I reached out to brush a curl from his eyes. “I’ve never been to New York, remember?”

“Ah,” he nodded, then laid his head against my chest. “Why so earlllyyyy?”

“Because we have a lot of work to do, so this is the only time today that I can go check it out,” I managed to escape his grasp and stood back up to my feet.

“It’s a park, love,” he replied and sat up in bed. “There’s grass, trees, and a couple ponds.”

I laughed, throwing my phone and a couple other things into my bag. “I’m sure there’s more than that,”

He made a face. “Well, I guess there might be a playground or two also.”

“You have to be up and moving by 9,” I replied going back into the bathroom to grab my earrings. 

“Ughhhh…” he whined. “Do I have to?”

“Yup,” I sat back down to peck a kiss on his temple. “First interview is at 10.”

“First of how many?”

“Just two today, then rehearsals.”

“Okay,” he yawned.  “I’m gonna go rustle up Niall.  I’m starving.”

“I…will…see…you…in…a….little…while…” I said, pecking a kiss onto his lips between each word.

Harry nodded with a smile, when I went to stand up he grabbed my arm and pulled me back down.  His hand rested against my cheek, pulling me in for another kiss.  “Have fun in the park, love.”

~*~*~*~*~~*

Liam’s POV:

“You want to talk about it?” Zayn looked at me from across the table.  

 I shrugged and took a sip of my coffee.  “What is there to talk about?”

Niall sat next to me, noisily chomping on his omelet.   Harry sat next to Zayn, spreading jelly onto his toast.  Louis had just barely woken up when we came down to the hotel restaurant, he said he’d join us after his shower.

“Well,” Harry replied.  “Basically…it doesn’t help to bottle it all in.  How are you feeling?”

“How am I supposed to feel?” I asked.  “My girlfriend who I’ve devoted every free second of my life to just ripped my heart out.”

“Doesn’t feel good,” Niall nodded. “But, atleast she didn’t cheat on ya, mate.” He took another heaping bite from his plate.

Zayn reached across the table to pat my hand,  “Eat,” he nodded at my plate.  “Gotta keep your strength up, lad.”

I sighed, pushing my food around with my fork.  I really wasn’t hungry, I’m not sure why I even bothered ordering any food to begin with.  But, I knew that if I didn’t eat something the boys would only worry about me even more, so I took a bite of my eggs just to make them happy.

Harry looked at me through squinted eyes as he chewed his toast.  It was something he did when he was concerned and I hated it, it felt like he was trying to stare into my soul. “What?” I muttered.

“Nothing,” he shrugged. “I’m just trying to figure out a way to lift your spirits.”

“Rewind to yesterday and make Danielle not dump me?”

He shrugged. “If I could…I’d do it in a heartbeat.”

I forced a smile, knowing that he was being genuine.  “So, Niall,”

“So?” Niall raised an eyebrow as the waitress returned to refill our coffee.

“This Emily girl-“

“Don’t start,” he rolled his eyes at me as the waitress refilled his orange juice.

“Yeah,” Harry nodded with a grin. “What’s going on with that?”

“Don’t worry about it,” he shrugged.

“I was just-“

“Come on, Niall,” Zayn interupted me and shot me a wink.  “If you tell us…it’ll make Liam feel better.”

“That’s not going to work,” Niall rolled his eyes and grabbed a jelly packet from the pile infront of Harry.

“Hey!” Harry whined, covering the pile with his hand. “Don’t take the strawberry ones, they’re my favorite!”

“Come on, Niall,” I replied. “This is such a change for me.  I’m the only single guy, now.”

“Who said I wasn’t single?” Niall replied.

Harry looked to Zayn and tried not to laugh, shaking his head.  Zayn looked at the curly headed boy and started laughing along with him.

“We know she’s coming here tomorrow,”  I replied.

“What?” Niall turned to me raising an eyebrow, then looked to the other boys.  “What the fuck have you lads done!?”

“They didn’t,” Louis appeared from behind Zayn and Harry.  Zayn scooted over in the booth, letting Louis sit down.   “I did.” He smiled, handing Niall’s phone back to him.

Niall growled and took his phone from Louis’ hand.   “I thought I had left it in my room!”

“Nope, I slipped it from your pocket,” Louis chuckled.

 “You sneaky bastard!”

“Shhh..” Harry scolded. “You’re going to bring attention to us.”

“Fuck that,” Niall whisper yelled.  “I should throw you out the front door and let the fans eat you alive!”

“I didn’t do it!” Harry said in a defensive shriek. 

“So, are you going to tell us now?” Zayn asked as Niall looked through his phone to see just what it was that Louis had done exactly.

“Obviously you already know,” he growled. “Lou already forwarded all the messages to you about it.  She’s coming to see me tomorrow…gonna stay for a couple days.”

“Why would you try to keep that a secret?” Louis said teasingly. “Did you think we wouldn’t notice her?”

“Shutup, Lou.”

“Alright guys, that’s enough,” I sighed. “Let Niall keep his things private.”

“Thank you,” Niall nodded at me.  “Atleast someone knows how to respect others.”

I forced a smile and nodded back at him.  “It still made me a feel a little better,”

“I bet it-“ Niall stopped and looked up from his phone, shooting Louis’ a glare. “What the hell is this, mate!”

“What?” Harry asked.

“He text Josh!” Niall replied and handed his phone to Harry.

“Josh…I can’t hold it in any longer.  I’m in love with you.  The way you bang those drums turns me on so much. I long to feel you in-“ Harry stopped and shook his head.  Zayn had buried his head against Harry’s shoulder, laughing so hard he was clenching a handful of Harry’s shirt.

“That’s so wrong, Louis.” I shook my head.

“What?” Louis looked to me with a grin. “He’s lying.  I didn’t send that to Josh…that was already on his phone when I got it.”

“It was sent ten minutes ago!” Niall growled. “I didn’t even have my phone!”

Zayn lifted his head up, laughing so hard he was crying. “I can’t wait for Josh’s reply to come in!”

“It already has,” Harry replied, handing Niall’s phone back to him.  “Just a simple ‘w t f’.”

“I hate you,” Niall shot Louis a glare.

“But, I loooovvee you,” Louis grinned.

Niall picked up a grape from his plate and chucked it at him.  “Cunt.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 79 35
Abigail Parker. She has secrets. At first, she seems like a seventeen year old goth. But when she gets lung cancer, and talks in her sleep to Liam, L...
31K 427 26
One Direction, One Direction, One Direction. This is all people talk about these days. Lisa is sick of it. Don't get her wrong, she doesn't hate them...
8.2K 151 20
Have you ever lost your parents? Well that is exactly what happened to Courtney. She has to move in with her only family member, Blake. But when she...
13.8K 242 45
// Don't even read this (artemis, 2018) // Love at first sight. Many say it's merely a myth. But what if they were wrong? They faced many challenge...