Coup De Foudre ➵ Allison Arge...

By cimbello

BOOK 1/7 Coup De Fou•dre: (koo de foodra) noun (plural coups de foudre pronounced same) {A sudden unforeseen... More

i•n•t•r•o
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five

Twelve

7.5K 328 26
By cimbello

Allison's POV:

As I continued to watch the game, I couldn't help but worry about Olivia.

She might get hurt and it'll be my fault if she does. I knew I should've gone with her dammit. I'm surprised she isn't even afraid to even face Erica.

I hear my phone ping and I hoped it was from her.

Stiles🔎

nothing here
{8:25 p.m.}

The crowd starts cheering again, causing me to look away from my phone.

Boyd starts charging across the field to grab the ball but Scott manages to catch up, using his stick to grab the ball and continue sprinting.

"Go Scott go!" I hear Olivia's mom cheer as Scott dodged every player that tried to tackle him.

He throws the ball as hard as he could and the ball flies past the goalkeeper, making a swish which causes the crowd to cheer.

I smile and clap as I stand up from my spot but then as soon as Scott was about to turn, the same player that's been knocking every person on our team, slams harshly into his body.

As soon as he hit the ground, all I could hear was a snap, causing my eyes to widen.

I quickly run to the field, not even caring if my grandfather saw, and kneel next to him.

"Are you okay?" I worriedly ask, hearing him groan in pain.

"I'm fine, I'm healing. It's okay." He whispers, holding on to his head in pain. "The book."

I turn and see my grandfather was on his way to us. I look down at Scott. "It's not in his office, it has to be at the house."

I look down at see his leg bent in a way it shouldn't be bent. "Scott your leg...Oh my god, your leg is broken."

He grunts and pushes himself off the ground. "Not for long." I help him stand to his feet, hearing his bones snap back into place, but Coach pushes his way through the crowd, along with Melissa, Elizabeth, and my grandfather.

"Don't move!" He orders but it was already too late since Scott fully stood up, limping a bit so it would seem believable.

"I-It's okay, it's okay." Scott chuckles weakly. "I'm fine." He nervously smiles.

"I could've sworn I literally heard bone-breaking from where I sat," Melissa says, worriedly eyeing his leg.

"I'm pretty sure the entire crowd heard it," Elizabeth adds, a look of concern forming on her face.

"Heard it? I felt it." Coach says but Scott shakes his head.

"Seriously guys, I'm fine," Scott assures and I grab my grandfather's arm.

"We should go," I say but he turns to Scott.

"Hold on, I want to ask him one more thing."  He says and I felt my hands begin to sweat.

Olivia, please hurry.

Olivia's POV:

I followed Erica and Stiles to where they held swimming practice and quickly hide behind the pillar.

I take a peek and see Derek standing there, holding a basketball in his hands as Erica releases Stiles to stand beside him.

"Stiles." Derek greets.

"Derek," Stiles mumbles.

"What did you see at the mechanics garage?" He asks, glancing at the basketball before looking back to Stiles.

"Several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting."

I cover my mouth from laughing. Gotta admit that it was somewhat clever but it was bad timing.

Derek and Erica chuckle but then the alpha digs his claws into the basketball which causes it to deflate.

"Holy God," Stiles mutters as Derek drops the ball.

"Let's try that again." He crosses his arms. "And this time, Olivia can help you describe it."

I feel my heart drop but I don't move from my spot.

"You know Olivia, I heard your heart pounding from a mile away. Don't bother hiding." He adds again and I sigh, knowing it was pointless to hide anymore.

I step out from behind the pillar and awkwardly walk to them, ignoring Erica's smirk to me.

"Alright, what did it look like?"

"The thing was pretty slick looking, the skin was dark like a pattern." Stiles starts off.

"Similar to scales...like a reptile," I say and Stiles groans.

"Can I go now? I really have to talk to somebody."

"My mom is gonna be suspicious if I don't go," I say and take a couple of steps in a different direction, but Stiles grabs my wrist.

"You're not leaving me alone here." He glares.

"Fine! The eyes were yellow-ish slits and it had sharp teeth, trust me. I basically was face to face with that thing." I say, pulling my wrist away.

I turn to look at Derek and see he wasn't making eye contact with us anymore. Erica started to take nervous breaths as well and I follow their gazes from where they were looking.

I feel chills run down my back once I lock eyes with the lizard-like creature above where Stiles stood.

"And it had a tail," Stiles added. "Are we good?" He notices their expressions and gasps. "Have you seen it? You have this look on your faces like you know exactly what we're talking about."

The creature hisses at all of us, causing Stiles to slowly turn his head, finally seeing what we've all been staring at.

It lets out a screech, causing Stiles to quickly stand nearby Derek but I slowly back away from it.

Derek roars at the creature while Erica attempts to attack it but it swings its tail, smacking her away. She crashes against the wall and falls to the floor unconscious.

"Stiles get help! Go!" I order as Derek pushes him away.

I hear Derek grunt and he looks around in confusion.

"D-Derek your neck." Stiles points and he feels the back of his neck. I see a small scratch in the back and immediately Stiles rushes to him to catch him as he falls to the ground.

I help Stiles pull Derek up and we quickly guide him away.

"Where is it?" I pant due to holding Derek up.

"I don't see it," Derek responds. "Call Scott."

I try to pull out my phone from my pocket but it slips from my hands, causing it to fall on the ground. Stiles lets go of his hold on Derek to bend down to grab my phone.

Unfortunately, due to the fact I had no upper-body strength, it caused Derek and I to fall into the pool.

"Stiles!" I call out before I sank further into the pool. I try to swim to Derek as he sank deeper and I wrap his arms around my neck.

I try to swim us up but since he was heavy, it made it harder to swim. I felt my grip on him get weaker but then I feel someone tug, making it easier to swim.

As soon as I resurfaced, I cough uncontrollably and see it was Stiles had got in as well. He wrapped Derek's arm around his neck, looking around frantically.

"Do you see it?" Derek asks and Stiles shakes his head.

"It probably took off." He says.

As if on cue, we hear the creature's screech echo in the room and I look around nervously.

"I don't think it took off," I say, trying to keep my head above the water.

"You guys have to figure out a way to get me out of here before I drown," Derek says.

"You're worried about drowning? Did you notice the thing out there with multiple rows of razor-sharp teeth?" Stiles responds sarcastically.

Derek glares. "Did you notice I'm paralyzed from the neck down at eight feet of water?" He raises his voice angrily.

"Arguing isn't gonna do anything!" I yell over them as they started to bicker. I look over and see my phone near the edge. "I just need to reach for my phone to call for help."

"Okay, you grab it since you can barely hold Derek up," Stiles says and I release the hold I had on him. I start to swim over to the edge.

"W-Wait stop!" Derek calls out and I stop moving, only swimming in place. I follow his gaze and see the creature crawling around the pool, staring as if he was waiting for us to make a move.

"What the hell is it waiting for?" I ask, swimming back over to them but Stiles shushes me.

The creature tries to dip its hand into the water but it immediately retracts it, backing away fast.

"Did you see that? I don't think it can swim." Stiles says as it continued to circle around. "I can't lift you up much longer."

"I have an idea," I say then turn to Stiles. "Once it meets in the middle, you distract it while I grab my phone and call for help."

"Normally I'd refuse since that's just asking for death but at this point, I'm all for any ideas," Stiles says.

"And what about me, huh? Are you really going to let me drown here?" Derek angrily asks then turns to me. "If you would've said yes to my offer at the rink the other night, we wouldn't be in this position." He says and my eyes widen.

"Say yes to--"

"Nevermind about that. Just hold your breath and once I get the phone, I'll call Scott." I cut Stiles off. "Trust me, it'll work."

Stiles nods. "I trust you."

"I don't trust either of you. You both need me to survive, so you better not let go." Derek orders and I look to see where the creature was at.

It was nearing to the middle and I nod at Stiles.

"Go!" Stiles says and we both drop Derek, swimming to opposite sides.

I reach the edge and push myself up and get out of the pool. I look to check on Stiles and he was taunting the creature, luring it away from me.

"Run Olivia!" Stiles yells as I bent down to grab the phone. "I have to get Derek, but go get Scott! Hurry!" He dives back into the pool and I quickly sprint to the exit.

I hear the creature following me through the halls but I didn't dare look back and just kept running through endless halls, making random turns that led closer to the front doors.

As I heard its claws tap on the tile floors, I kept pushing my legs to its limit and it felt like my feet were about to fall off. It also didn't help that it felt like my throat was on fire.

I push the doors open and keep sprinting to the parking lot, hoping it didn't follow. Did it give up yet?

I quickly turn and luckily see that it wasn't following me anymore. The street lamps were the only things lit but it just made the vibe even creepier.

I turn to face forward and see a familiar car parked in the middle, but then it hit me. That's Lydia's car.

I ran towards the vehicle and as I got closer, I see she was crying her eyes out. I knock on the window and she jumps, confused at the fact I was drenched.

She rolls down her window, trailing her eyes up and down at my current state.

"Why are you still--"

"Can you give me a ride? Please." I quickly ask and she wipes her eyes.

"Don't you drive yet?" She asks but I shake my head, slightly annoyed.

"It's an emergency, please." I pleaded and she sighs. She unlocks the car and I quickly step inside.

I unlock my phone and see I had a text message from my mom.

Mom👩‍👧

Hey Allison said you had to pick some homework up from Lydia's place and that you would meet up at the house later
{8:50 p.m}

I was gonna go home but her grandfather insisted on us and Scott to come to their house for dinner so meet us there now.
{8:50 p.m}

"Take me to Allison's house, my mom's there," I say and she nods, turning on her ignition.

On the drive there, I sent dozens of texts to Scott and Allison but neither of them responded.

I was about to call Allison but I hear Lydia sniffle which causes me to stop what I was doing.

"Is everything okay?" I ask but she scoffs.

"Why do you care? You barely even know me."

I shrug. "And yet, you're giving me a ride when you could've just said no."

"You seemed desperate." She mutters. "And I'm pissed that you're ruining my seats."

"As I said, you could've just said no." I retort, still trying to text a message to Allison but my screen turns black, showing the low battery icon. Shit. "Anyway, want to tell me what's wrong?"

"You'll think I'm crazy."

I chuckle. "I've dealt with worse so try me."

She drums her fingers on her steering wheel. "I've been seeing things that other people don't see. Doing things I don't remember doing."

"Like what?" I hesitantly ask, wondering what the hell this girl going through.

"The other day, I thought I saw someone at the school but they disappeared. Then at the rink, I-I saw them in the ice. Then this morning I woke up with blood all over my knuckles from punching my mirror, but I don't remember exactly doing it." She says and I notice we were getting closer to Allison's house. "W-What's wrong with me?"

"Hey, there's nothing wrong with you. Are you seeing a therapist?"

"Yes but I don't want them sending me to some psych ward."

She pulls up to the driveway and I quickly get out of the car to lean against her door. "Trust me. I've been to sessions and admitted everything I felt in the past which helped a lot. Give the therapist a chance."

She sighs. "Fine, I'll consider it."

"Good. I'll see you at school." I wave as she pulls out from the driveway then leaves. I quickly run to the doorstep and knock on the door.

I look around, tapping my foot impatiently until I heard the locks being switched. Allison opens the door and her eyes widen.

"What happened to you?" She whispers frantically, gesturing to my wet clothes.

"Long story, where's Scott?" I ask.

"Allison, who's at the door?" I hear Argent ask.

"It's Olivia." She calls out and gestures for me to come inside. She shuts the door behind me and leads me to the dinner table.

I feel my hands begin to sweat once I see my mom and Scott conversing with Mr. and Mrs. Argent, and Gerard. It wasn't a good feeling though. I could literally feel the tension.

Could this night get any worse?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 9.5K 33
BOOK 2/7 Retrouvailles: The joy of reuniting with someone after a long separation After finishing (well surviving) the rest of her sophomore year, Ol...
162K 7.3K 31
BOOK 3/7 Thantophobia [than-tuh-foh-bee-uh] (n.) the phobia of losing someone you love. Everyone's afraid of something. For example, fear of bugs, he...
14.7K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
3.2K 63 12
{stiles stilinski ff} Rose Martin is just like any other teenager; she worries about her grades, thinks about her outfit choices in too much detail a...