A Certain Remnants Imagine br...

By thedoctorgonepale

Touma Kamijou is a average looking boy with no aura or semblance. Instead there is a strange ability in his r... More

Bio
(Prologue)
The start of the misfortune
Before the initiation
Initiation vs imagine breaker
Unlucky school life.
Talking to people
Alchemist
Helping Friends.
Food fight!
Round 2.
The strongest vs The weakest
Music, Dance and Misfortune
The mission to round 3
Gender equality.
The maiden heist
The Falling Beacon part 1
The Falling Beacon part 2
Medical get-together
Team training
Breaking the illusion of spring
A beach day with Misfortune
Enjoying the moment
Cloning around with the sisters.
King of Dragons
Encountering's
Great escape.
Breaking are skills out.
My arm is a what?
Haven here I come
Misfortune Impossible
Should of taken a bullhead
Total Meltdown
Cold feeling
Unlucky charm vs Unlucky guy
Trivia
Save a Penny
Welcome to Atlas
All on the table
As the days fly by
Crossing over
lost marbles
Punching through iron
Gift of Recovering
The Illusion slayer: Part 1
The Illusion slayer: Part 2
Dance Dance, Dragon!?
Dragon on the run
Week of the dragon
The bar table.
Battle of dragons
The final trial

Jinn in the relic

1.3K 28 29
By thedoctorgonepale

Touma POV

I started to find away out of the tree as the others talked.

Yang: Great! This is just great! We're stranded, we lost a third of our party, and we've gained a defenseless old lady!

Old lady: My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless! I'm just a little hard of hearing. And blind without my eyes, that are in desperate need of repair.

Maria:... Okay, I see your point.

Qrow: (grunts) Yang, knock it off, will ya? If we lose our cool now, we'll just be inviting even more Grimm.

Blake: Does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm ever since we left Haven.

Yang: Oh, and how could I forget about that?

Oscar: Yeah, I think it's time we got an explanation...

Ozpin takes control of Oscars body.

Ozpin: I did not lie to you...

Weiss: Well you certainly didn't tell us everything about the Relic.

Ozpin: Please, now is not the time.

Yang: No, we're past that! I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything!

I was doing my best to get out of the tree but the branch I was standing on broke and I fell to the ground.

Touma:(grunt)

Ozpin: It is true that the Grimm are attracted to the Relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option.

Weiss: You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me.

Yang: Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too?

Ozpin: Yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the Kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not for the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years.

Yang: Missteps?!

Ozpin: What Professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I am not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgment truly negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him.

Yang: Look, we're supposed to be in this together. You can trust us! We're not gonna turn our backs on you.

Ozpin: (raising his voice) Do you really think Leo was the first?!

Ozpin: That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry, but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me. I'm saying that I have reasons for the things that I do, the secrets I keep, the reason I... (suddenly stops and realizes something) Where's the Relic?

Ruby: Right here. (holds it in her hands) It got scattered in the crash.

Ozpin: Please, hand it over.

Ruby: So all those times you talked about having faith in humanity, that was just for everyone else?

Ozpin: (sighs) That's not what I meant to suggest. Miss Rose, the Relic is a powerful item and I simply feel as though it is my burden to bear.

Ruby: But, you said it couldn't do anything right now.

Blake: Why does it matter who carries it?

Ozpin: I need you to listen to me--

Ozpin reaches his hand out, but suddenly is stopped, stuck in his position.

I get up after my fall from the tree.

Qrow: Oz? You okay?

Oscar: (fighting back for control) Hurry... he's... trying to stop you!

Yang: Stop her from what?

Oscar: He's afraid... you'll find out what he's... hiding!

Oscar: Her name is Jinn. Say her name to summon her.

Ruby: Her name?

R

uby: Jinn?

Suddenly the wind stops and the snow freezes in the air.

Qrow: What?

The relic started to emit smoke as it flew out of Ruby's hand and into the air. Out of the smoke, a figure appeared.

Jinn: Wonderful.

Jinn: Tell me, what knowledge do you seek?

Touma:(mind) Do you have any clothes?

Jinn: I am Jinn, a being created by the God of Light to aid humanity in its pursuit of knowledge. I've been graced with the ability to answer three questions every one hundred years. You're in luck, as I am still able to answer-

Ozpin: That's enough!

We look back at Ozpin.

Jinn: ... two questions this era.

W

e all look surprised.

Jinn: (chuckles) It's a pleasure to see you again, old man.

Ozpin: Ruby, please... Don't.

Qrow: hey.

Yang, Blake and Weiss stand in front of Qrow.

Qrow: (relenting) Do whatever you think is right, kiddo.

Ruby:...... Jinn? What is Ozpin hiding?

Ozpin: Noooooo!!

Ozpin dashes at her, I try to intervene but he is already about to tackle her.

He was a inch away from her but before anything could happen, he freezes in place.

Touma: Huh?

Touma: What happened to him?

I then noticed Ruby still standing in the same place as she was.

Touma: Ruby? Maybe you should move out of the way, just in case.

Touma: ...... Ruby?

I looked around at the others and see them just standing there, not moving in any way.

Touma: What's going on?

Jinn: Strange?

Touma: I noticed Jinn staring at me.

Jinn: Why isn't my power working on you?

Touma: Wait? Your the reason why they are frozen.

Jinn: Don't worry, I'm simply showing them what they asked for.

Jinn: Since my illusion does not work on you I'll just tell you.

She tells me, what I guess is a cliff notes version of the story she's telling them.

I find out about Salem, Ozma, the gods , how the moon got destroyed and how the world ended up as it is right now.

Touma: Well.... That's interesting.

Jinn: Now, I have a question for you.

Touma: What?

Jinn: I want to know how are you not being effected by my magic.

Jinn: For some reason, I'm unable to get the information on why. If you tell me I shall Grant you one free question.

Touma: Okay then....

Touma: Well you see, my right arm.

I lift my right arm and show her.

Touma: It has the power to negate magic, supernatural abilities and I'm pretty sure luck it self.

Jinn: Interesting. I have no knowledge of this. Hmmmm....

She comes closer to me and inspects my arm.

Jinn: If I had to guess, your arm might also have the ability to negate the power of the gods and maybe fate as well.

Touma: I call it Imagine breaker.

Jinn: Imagine breaker....

Touma: That's not really all.

Jinn: Really? Due tell.

Touma: Well... When my right arm is severed from my body, for some reason dragons burst out of my wound and attack the thing that cut off my arm.

Jinn: Dragons have been extinct for a long time now.

Touma: There was also one time where something different came out...

Jinn: What was this different thing?

Touma: It was invisible, so I don't know. All I know about it is that it's powerful. How powerful, I don't know.

Jinn: How do you still have your arm if it's been severed?

Touma: Well, the first time it was reattached. The other times it just regenerated.

Touma: That's all I know about this ability I have.

Jinn: How did you get this "Imagine breaker"?

Touma: I'm pretty sure I was born with it.

Jinn: This is quite interesting. Thank you.

Touma: For what?

Jinn: For giving me information that I did not know. It's not something that happens a lot.... Or ever.

Jinn: Now....

She moves into a sitting pose.

Jinn: For your free question. What is it that you would like to know?

Touma: Oh, uhhhh?

Touma:(mind) what do I want to know? ..... I know!

Touma: How are you?

Jinn:?

Jinn: Is that your question?

Touma: Yes.

Jinn: Why would you ask that? I could tell you something more interesting or more important.

Touma: And your not interesting or important?

Jinn: !?

Touma: Yes, I could ask basically anything right now. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to know something, but that something is imagine breaker and you already said you didn't know anything about it.

Touma: So I'm ignoring that curiosity and asking a important question. How are you?

Jinn:.................. Well .... I guess I'm fine but it does get boring from time to time.

Touma: I'm sorry to hear that, would you like me to talk to you from time to time?

Jinn: That's a nother question, are you sure you want to waste a question on that?

Touma: If it's to help you feel better, then it's not a waste!

Jinn:(smiles) you are a strange boy.

Touma: You don't have to insult me.

Jinn: I guess it would be nice to interact with someone, besides I could learn more about that arm of yours.

Jinn: I agree. And I won't count that as a question or any other questions that involve me.

Touma:(smiles) Great.

Jinn: But are time is up, your friends now know the answer to there question.

Everyone starts moving again and Jinn disappeared.

Qrow punches Ozpin in the face.

Touma:(mind) I guess the full version of the story made him.

Yang: Do you even have a plan?!

Ozpin looks at me for a moment, then looks away.

Ozpin: No.

As I think about why he was looking at me, some more arguing goes on. Ozpin eventually locks him self in Oscars subconscious.

Before more arguing could go on I give my opinion.

Touma: We should leave, there's no point in being angry.

Yang: How are you not angry? Did you not see what we saw?

Touma: No, but I got the cliff notes version of the story.

Maria: He is right in the fact that we should leave, before Grimm arrive.

We all agreed and soon left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244 8 6
Mugino Shizuri wasn't one to believe in superstition or magic of all things. She had better things to worry about given her line of work in the Dark...
2.4K 172 6
accelerator finds himself stuck in a strange new world and the timeline itself wont let him go home what should he do and who will he side with, wel...
3.5K 173 20
After a fight with the #2 Dark Matter, Accelerator somehow ended up transporting to a world with strange creatures, hunters, aura and semblances. He...
4.2K 114 11
this story start when touma fight KnT at the climax of the battle and fight create a rift in time and space that pierce touma out from phases and goe...