The Non British Princess

By readergirl4343

As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonw... More

Aesthetic + Note
Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Part 2

44.3K 1.3K 342
By readergirl4343

Heading to my room I unlock the door with dad's newest instalment, a hand scanner for each of the bedrooms. It was a cool piece of technology I had to admit.

I pulled up my phone screen and did a quick Google search on Prince Thomas.

I had seen the Prince before, but never really looked closely at his appearance. I'd never considered meeting someone like him.

He had short, chocolate brown coloured hair. Quite mesmerising green eyes and broad shoulders. He looked like he'd had girls falling at his feet regardless of his status.

I always thought Prince Thomas would marry a princess from some French island or a famous duchess who was perfectly regal. It was an interesting choice to pick a lottery's worth of girls at random.

Then I thought, if I could enter then people I knew would enter too.

I set up a call, flicking a video chat up onto the tv that was hooked up to the wall in my room. Abbey, one of my school friends, came up on the screen almost immediately, answering within two seconds.
Michaela came up next, picking up in the first minute. Ruby's face popped up not a second later.

"Are you guys signing up for this Royal thing?" I asked eagerly, giving my friends a curious look.

A chorus of, "Yes." "Of course." And "Yep." Followed my question. Michaela seemed giddy with excitement, like she was ready to fall for the guy, hyping him up like she'd met him before. Ruby and Abbey seemed more relaxed, like they wanted to go to enjoy the opportunity. I didn't know how to feel about it all, but it certainly would be a fun experience.

"My parents insist on entering my name only a few thousand times." Abbey says with an eye roll, and I see by her face she wasn't too keen about it. Ruby laughed and Mim giggled along too.

"Anyway," Abbey says with an eye roll, changing topic as she reached down to pick something up, "I got a new iMove today."

Abbey brought into view her shiny new device, the latest one of its kind. She unclasped the hook and pulled the poles apart to expand the screen. It reflected off a blue glow as it displayed a clear image of the search engine.

"Woah! That's cool." Ruby said, admiring the new gadget.

"Yeah, I'm totally coming over to try it soon." I say and Abbey gives me a smile and a knowing nod.

"Well, why don't you all come over now and we can watch the game?" Abbey suggests and gives a hopeful smile.

"Sounds like a plan." I say and the others agree with excitement.

✿✿✿

After a week there was a live announcement from the royals, Queen Kate opening the talk with a greeting.

"Good Morning Citizens of the Commonwealth. We'd like to thank those who have applied to be in the draw to come to England to meet my son. Know that entries are still open for the next 7 days so you still have a chance. We look forward to hosting 20 of our commonwealths daughters here soon." I admired the queen, she looked regal and beautiful, a stunning, deep blue gown flowed down and kissed the floor. She had an arrangement of jewels in her hair, dotting the spaces between her braid crown.

I was watching my iMove screen intently as I was out running errands and listening through my airpods. The chill of the early morning air didn't seem to bother me as I just paid attention to the screen.

"And now my son would like to say a few words." Queen Kate stepped aside and Prince Thomas stepped into the frame. He was dressed in a freshly starched cream colored suit and his hair was neatly slicked back.

He cleared his throat and stared down the lens of the camera as he began to speak. His eyes were bright as he talked, a genuine interest in them, "I am looking forward to getting to know the young ladies who will be coming to the palace very soon. It will be an honor to meet you all. I am astounded by the great number of you who have entered and I am very thankful to know you want to better the future of our country. Good luck, and tune in next week to find out who the lucky 20 will be. Thank you."

The announcement finished and the screen cut off to some other news. But what still lingered in my mind was Prince Thomas, his smooth voice. He was going to break more than 19 hearts after this.

I rounded the corner as I pulled up the news, the top few articles all catching my eye.

Prince Thomas caught with girl days before the choosing of the selected!

The Prince's scandalous love affair with French Princess!

Is the Royal family hiding something from us about their connection with the French?

I close the panels of my iMove until it clicks into place, not wanting to read the gossip, then press a button so it tucks away to fit into my pocket.

I suddenly felt antsy, wanting the girls names to be read today. I impatiently wanted the week to disappear so that those 20 names could be read right this moment. I hoped someone I knew would get asked to go.

I felt a buzz on my wrist from a notification.

I double tapped to receive the incoming call and Elizabeth's figure came projected in a tiny hologram above my watch.

"Issy, Isla's got a bit of a cold coming on. Could you go by the store and pick up some medication? Dads caught up at work." She asked.

"Of course. Give me ten minutes."

✿✿✿

I checked on Isla resting in her bed before I left her to sleep. Poor thing must have picked up something from her friends sleepover.

I went back to my room and decided to do a bit more research into the selection. Hundreds of news articles had been posted and I clicked on a popular one.

Scrolling through I could see photos of the palace, the rooms and grounds. It was incredible looking, very well kept and regal in appearance.

The setting looked like something out of a historical romance. Lots of fancy hallways and chandeliers. Royal paintings. Gold accents on everything.

It was a princess fantasy waiting to be written.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 3.2K 40
The young princess Isabelle, oldest of the royal family, discovers that her life is about to overturn. Being crowned Queen, following the death of he...
148K 4.4K 19
NOW ON AMAZON - Sample only -------- A Prince rose from the ashes of his palace and destroyed his enemies with intelligence and courage. He brought v...
The Selected By SmilerXO

Historical Fiction

281K 11.9K 26
[COMPLETED] The royal palace was holding a competition choosing the most beautiful girls in the whole kingdom to compete. Their prize? Simple, they g...
3.3M 138K 40
Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be set in a life of royal balls and princes. ...