Coup De Foudre ➵ Allison Arge...

By cimbello

BOOK 1/7 Coup De Fou•dre: (koo de foodra) noun (plural coups de foudre pronounced same) {A sudden unforeseen... More

i•n•t•r•o
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five

Eighteen

7.5K 312 88
By cimbello

Olivia's POV:

Allison parks in front of Lydia's house and hesitantly put her gear in park. She turns around to me with uncertainty but I shake my head, already knowing what she was asking.

"Not yet." I mouth and she nods. She turns to face Lydia, who was still upset about what had happened at the house.

"I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened," Allison says and Lydia's eyebrows furrow.

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you two can tell me what the hell just happened." She slightly raises her voice.

"It's complicated I--"

Lydia interrupts me. "How about you start with why was Derek there, or where Jackson went, or what is wrong with Erica?"

Allison looks down in shame, most likely trying to come up with an excuse that causes the strawberry blonde to scoff.

"Oh, do you need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

"Part of the reason why I'm asking is that Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, okay?" Allison says and I slowly sink in my seat, recalling what happened between us in the bathroom.

"It's better to keep what you know to yourself," I spoke, feeling the guilt start to overwhelm me. "Especially if you want to protect the people you love."

"Fine," Lydia says, never looking away from Allison. "I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend, which is nothing, to myself." She says and opens the door.

Allison grabs Lydia's arm, preventing her from getting out. "It's not just my boyfriend, you get that right?"

"Let me go." She whispers but Allison kept her hold.

"For one second, please try and remember--"

"Remember what?" Lydia raises her voice.

"Remember what it feels like. All of those times in school when you see her--him, standing down the hall and you can't breathe until you're with them. Or those times in class when y-you can't stop looking at the clock because you know that they're standing right out there waiting for you." Allison rants as Lydia stayed quiet, listening to every word she said. "Don't you remember what that's like?"

I sink further into my seat, feeling shittier as her words hit me as she spoke.

Lydia shakes her head. "No."

"What do you mean no? You've had boyfriends." Allison whispers, releasing the hold she had but Lydia shakes her head.

"Not like that." She whispers, stepping out of the car and shutting the door behind her. We watch her quickly walk inside her house until she shuts the door.

Allison pulls out of the driveway and continues driving in silence to the direction where I lived. However, sitting in silence made my thoughts run wild.

Despite the fact we didn't even kiss, I still felt horrible. How far would we have gone if we actually kissed? Scott was barely starting to trust me and if he finds out that I almost kissed his girlfriend, he would definitely shun me out of the group.

How did Allison feel? Oh my god, she probably hates me. She doesn't deserve to take the fall for it. Should I bring it up with her now? Is this going to change things between us?

She arrives at my street and pulls into my driveway, never turning to face me which made it even more awkward. Was I supposed to just act as nothing happened?

I grab my backpack from the ground and open the door, stepping out of Allison's vehicle.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I spoke out and she nods in response.

I grab my keys from my pocket and walk to my door, feeling Allison's stares at the back of my head. I quickly unlocked the door and step inside, shutting it behind me.

I peek through the curtain and see she still was parked in my driveway but rested her head on the wheel with a stressful expression on her face.

She was definitely thinking about it.

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"You've got to be kidding me," I mutter.

I was on my way to my History class but as I walked in the halls, I notice the obvious new security cameras that were installed in every hallway.

This had to mean that Allison's parents were on to her.

I walk inside the classroom and see that everyone else was already seated in their desks and Scott was barely placing his bag on the floor.

I push aside the guilt and quickly go to the empty chair behind his desk. I tap his shoulder which causes him to turn. "What happened last night?" I whisper as I placed my stuff down.

"Chased down Jackson at a gay bar," Scott mumbles and continues taking out his notebook. "Along the way, I bumped into Allison's father and Gerard."

"So that explains the cameras." I groan and lean back into my seat. "Wish I could've tagged along," I mumble so he wouldn't hear.

Allison walks inside the classroom and her eyes widen once she sees Scott and I in the back. She makes her way towards us and places her stuff down.

"Scott, I have to--" She tries to say but heels clicked on the floor, silencing the whole class.

"I'm afraid your teacher was feeling ill today and had to leave early."

I turn to face forward and my jaw almost drops, seeing the woman who walked in.

"So, unfortunately, you're stuck with me as a substitute." Allison's mom, Victoria, says as she smiles, facing where Allison, Scott, and I sat. "Can anyone catch me up to speed on where we are?"

"Please tell me this is a dream," I mumble so only Allison and Scott would hear.

"Mr. McCall, how about you?" Victoria asks and I see Scott visibly tense up. He flips through the pages of his notebook, not even taking a small glance at us.

Allison leans against her hand. "Not a dream."

As class awkwardly progressed, thankfully the bell finally rang. Scott quickly walks out of class first and I look behind at Allison, seeing the nervous state she was in as she put away her papers in her binder.

"We'll figure something out," I whisper but she didn't bother looking up.

Once I got all of my things, I start to head out and--

"Allison," Her mom calls out, making Allison stop in her tracks. I quickly walk out of the room but lean against the lockers so I would be able to hear their conversation. "We've noticed quite a few calls from your phone to the odd one, Stilinski."

"Well you told me to keep an eye on Lydia and he's had a crush on her since like third grade. So I'm going to have to talk to him."

It was quiet for a brief moment. "I know it's hard sitting here, trying not to look at him." I hear a chair pull out and heels click on the tile floor. "Think of how strong it makes you. Especially when all these other girls are just letting their entire high school lives be defined by some boy they're just praying will take them to the senior prom."

"Can't I be strong and go to prom?" Allison whispers.

"Of course, but with someone else." I hear their footsteps near the door and I quickly take a couple of steps away and cover my face with the textbook in my hand as if I wasn't eavesdropping. "Remember so long as you stay strong, we won't have to kill a sixteen-year-old boy...or girl."

Shit.

I hear Allison take quick footsteps away from the class and start to walk past where I stood. I move the book away from my face and pick up my pace to catch up to her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask but she continues her pace. "Allison--"

She abruptly turns, causing me to stop. "What Olivia? What?" She angrily asks

"Okay, I'm gonna pretend you didn't just give me that bitchy attitude." I cross my arms. "I heard what your mom said and I wanted to make sure if you're doing okay."

"No, I'm not. They know about Stiles and Scott hiding Jackson so I have to warn them." She says and furrows my eyebrows.

"Wait when did they find out? Why didn't anyone tell me you guys had Jackson?"

"That doesn't matter. I'm ditching for the rest of the day to go to Stiles so you have to find someone else to take you home." She says and continues walking down the hallway.

I'm gonna be so dead if my mom finds out I skipped.

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"You didn't have to come, you know," Allison says as we walked through the forest where she knew Stiles would be.

"Yeah well, I don't want you walking out here in the middle of nowhere." I retort as we trekked on the leaves.

We see a van parked as well as Stiles leaning against it, texting away on the phone and instantly Allison runs to him which causes me to follow behind.

As soon as she grabs his arm, he jumps back in fear but then sees it's us. "Oh my g--"

"They know." She says, trying to catch her breath.

Stiles furrows his eyebrows. "What?"

"They know Jackson is missing!" She raises her voice but he shakes his head, holding up the phone to show us.

"No, they can't. I've been texting his parents since last night. They don't have a--"

"My grandfather told me his parents went to the police. They know."

His eyes widen as he held the phone with two fingers, making a sound as if he was afraid to even hold it. He tosses it to me before running to the van, opening the door and turning on the police scanner that was attached to the dashboard.

Allison and I crowd behind him as we listen closely to the scanner. "All available units proceed to Beacon Hills preserve as instructed. Proceed with caution until Sheriff Stilinski's arrival."

"We have to go." He says and quickly hops over to the driver's seat. Allison slides in the middle and I plop beside her, shutting the door behind me.

"Where are we going?" She asks as I look through Jackson's contacts.

"Somewhere far from here." He responds, starting the ignition before taking off. Once I find one of his parents' numbers, I press call and toss it out the window.

Stiles kept driving to god knows where. All I saw were trees, trees, trees, and trees. Did I mention I saw only trees?

"Oh god, do you even know where you're going?" I groan as Stiles drove straight.

"Of course I do, I'm not stupid." He scoffs and I raise my eyebrows. "Olivia, I'm close to dropping you off here to walk the rest of the way."

We stop nearby a cliff that overlooked the city and see Scott already waiting for us by sitting on one of the boulders nearby.

The three of us hop out of the car and walk closer to Scott. Allison picks up her pace to go to his side and he wraps an arm around her waist.

"I went to visit Danny and he said that he was recovering missing footage for Jackson when it was the night of the full moon." He says and I smile. "But it was on a tablet that he left in his car."

I furrow my eyebrows. "So what's the problem?"

"It was missing." He responds but I gesture to the van.

"We can ask Jackson," I suggest, gesturing to the van but Scott shakes his head.

"If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima, he's definitely not going to remember stealing Danny's tablet." He responds.

Stiles scoffs. "Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?" He retorts.

"What if someone else took it?" Allison asks which makes Stiles frown.

"Then somebody else knows what he is." He says but Scott's eyes lit up.

"Which could mean someones protecting him." He says and Allison nods in agreement.

"Like the bestiary says, the Kanima seeks a friend, right?"

"Okay so somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the Kanima and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know. Who would do that?" Stiles asks, taking a glance at the van.

"Somebody who wanted to protect him?" Allison suggests.

I cross my arms. "They have a weird way of showing it."

"There's something else," Scott looks at Stiles. "you said the only thing you found online about the Kanima is that it goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?"

"It can't be. It tried to kill all of us, remember?" Stiles says.

I scoff. "I agree. Even though Erica pisses me off, I didn't have the urge to kill her or murder anyone else for sport."

"I don't think it was trying to kill us." Scott says and looks at Allison and I. "Remember when we were at Isaac's?"

"I put that memory in a box and shoved it into the back of my mind along with the rest of the things I want to forget." I shiver. "It was close to ripping my throat out!"

"Okay well you attacked it and it probably went into defensive mode. After that, it just went right by us." He explains.

"You're right, it just ran off," Allison adds.

He turns to Stiles. "And it didn't kill you in the mechanic's garage."

"But then it tried to kill Stiles, Derek and I in the pool!" I exclaim. "It was waiting for us to get out of the pool and once I did, it was chasing me down until it gave up and ran back. I never ran that fast in my life."

"What if it was trying to keep you in?" Scott asks which causes me to take a step back.

"I feel so...violated," I mutter. "What's the point of all this?"

"There's something else going on but we don't know what it is. We don't know anything that's going on with Jackson or why there's someone protecting him or--"

I interrupt Scott with a groan. "Please, stop. I'm gonna get a headache."

"Know thy enemy," Allison says and the three of us turn to her with confusion. "Sorry, it's just something my grandfather said."

Stiles claps. "Alright, I got it, kill Jackson. Problem solved." He says as if it was the most obvious thing ever. Scott and Allison turn to him with a glare but he shrugs innocently.

"He risked his life for us against Peter, remember that?" Scott says but Stiles rolls his eyes.

"But what did we just find out? He got the bite from Derek. It's funny how he just got exactly what he wanted by supposedly risking his life for us, it's funny." Stiles says with sarcasm lacing his words.

"It doesn't mean he's not worth saving," Scott argues, unwrapping his arm from Allison to take a step closer to Stiles.

"It's always something with him though."

"Stiles, he probably doesn't know even know what he's doing. If he did, we would've been dead already." I say, trying to separate the two.

"So what?" He glares.

"So, I didn't either." Scott raises his voice and Stiles looks down in defeat. Scott turns to Allison. "Remember when I almost killed you and Jackson? I had someone to stop me, he has nobody."

"That's his own fault." Stiles retorts but I smack his arm. "Hey--"

"If we can save him, we should at least try," I say and Scott gives a small smile, silently thanking me for taking his side. "As much as I dislike the guy, we have to stop him to make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else."

I mean, could we even save him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 887 38
❝ the way he looks at her, i don't think he's never looked at me that way ❞ ❝ maybe you just weren't looking ❞ High school is supposed to be hard. Th...
68.5K 1.5K 16
Sour wolves, werewolf best friends, high school, monsters in the woods, hunters for family, mean girls, and the constant sarcasm of Stiles Stilinski;...
8.5K 466 29
"It's not a date!" Lydia protested for the fifth time as she drove herself, Diana and Allison over to the mall where she had managed to get each of t...
697 30 8
【Book Two ---- Season Two】 In a world where everything is falling apart in secrecy, Thaís faces the fact that the truth comes out one way or another...