The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

By Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... More

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
12 | The Beginning of the Beginning
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
14 | Champagne for the Sane
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
21 | You Should Be Scared
22 | She Is Temporary
23 | You can drown or you can die
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
14 | always one step behind
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Epilogue
Authors Q&A

03 | Social Suicide

8.9K 258 29
By Kujiis

. Mes tristes démons, dans l'abîme sans fond .
. Aime-moi jusqu'à ce que les roses fanent .

♣︎

MATH ENDED RATHER QUICKLY, and once checking my schedule and who was in my class, I dully found out I didn't share AP Art with Tao, who had geometry. She was doubling up in math classes. But I did find out I shared that class with Zia, one of Tao's friends. Tao said she was like "a huge fucking bubble of sunshine and overly optimistic". And after more conversation with Tao, it seemed almost as if she was the polar opposite. Wishing goodbye to the Italian Goddess, I headed off to art.

Art seemed to be the only skill I exceed in this world. I'd been painting since I was 6. I started painting decently when I was 12 however. My friend got quite good at it, and since I was jealous I went sicko mode and did every Bob Ross painting on youtube until I was better at it. Since then I'd been using it as an excuse to procrastinate and say I have actual talent. Besides the 3 sports that I play. The art class was fairly close to math, so I reached it pretty easily. Pushing open the wooden door that creaked louder than the last, I stepped into the classroom. The first thing I noticed was how extremely fucking cold it was.

Shivering, I pulled my blazer tighter around my body. Glaring around the classroom, I found that there were plenty of open desks with an easel and canvas next to them.  Taking a seat in the very front where it was easiest to see the professor, I waited out the 5 minutes on my phone till class started. When everyone had settled down and the professor gave some quick instructions to just paint anything because it was the first day and he wanted to see our skill level, that's when the girl beside me turned to face me.

Her hair was slicked back with gel into a tight ponytail, and she was wearing bubblegum pink lipgloss and eyeshadow. Her skin was only a couple shades darker than her brown eyes, and all in all she was also the exact definition of beautiful. God, can't this school have some ugly people? Just to boost my confidence and ego a little more? 

Giving me a big smile, she outstretched her hand in my direction. "Zia Embross, nice to meet you," She said almost immediately. 

Recognization hit me like a brick as I shook her hand. "Laura, nice to meet you too. I'm guessing you're Tao's friend?"

"Yup!" She said, popping the p. "I ran into Tao in the hallway and I found out she had a class with the new girl some people were talking about in the courtyard! I just had to talk to you myself!"

Tao was right, she did seem bubbly and just overly ecstatic about being at school much too early in the morning. Despite it being 8:40. "Well, I'm glad. I was worried about not having many friends and stuff."

"Oh please, all you need to do to get friends in this school is have a lot of money and good looks. And if you're lucky just the looks part," She rolled her eyes, giving me another smile. "Looks like you've nailed both."

I gave a light laugh. "Yeah, my outfit is a little extra."

"In a totally good way though! It's very different from the usual UK rich bitch theme half the girls have going on," Zia was easy to talk to, which I enjoyed. I was good at keeping a conversation as long as the other person was too. If the other person was quiet and awkward I would be too. I also noticed she carried a light African accent, I couldn't pinpoint which type though.

The rest of the class continued smoothly as the first. Zia talked a lot, which was cool I guess. Not a big fan of the constantly happy mood but it was nice to have someone open to befriend me. Making me less scared of lunch which was in 2 more periods. Sitting alone at lunch felt like social suicide, and I don't even have a proper social ranking yet! Yikes, that sounds like such a first-world petty problem.

"Laura!" The voice was like the voice of an excited 14-year-old who just started high school. Turning to greet Zia. For some reason, her offwhite shirt was substituted for a light pink blouse that could easily be mistaken for a dull white from a distance.

"Zia, hey," She picked up on me looking at her shirt.

"Ugh, don't even get me started about this. While I was walking to History some stupid bitch spilled her starboob on my shirt," Zia rolled her eyes as we started walking in what I assumed was the direction of the lunchroom. "Tao is going to throw a fit when she finds out."

"Ah, I see," I commented. As we walked, I noticed some glances. Why were people staring? "Why is everyone staring at me? Do I have like, broccoli in my teeth?"

"No silly!" She laughed, patting my shoulder tenderly. "I don't mean to sound weird about this, but I guess you could say we are at the top of the social ranking system here."

My heart sputtered a bit upon learning on my first day I managed to somehow score a spot at the top. But I tried to keep my expression cool. "Well, that's fun to know".

At this point, Zia and I had entered the cafeteria. All the grades had conjoined lunchtimes for some odd reason, and it was hard to distinguish who was who. We purchased our lunches and after a minute of walking, I spotted Tao and one other girl. Tao glimpsed up to us, giving a small smile before dropping her eyes back down to her phone. We took a seat at the table, and the girl greeted us frantically.

"Zia, Jesus I heard what happened this morning," The girl said. She was also noticeably gorgeous. Damn, I felt like the underdog right now. She wore the usual school uniform, except for the fact she was decked out in diamonds and silver that gleamed from the reflection of the light. "Who was it?"

"Not sure, probably some 10th year," Zia shrugged it off. "Also, this is Laura. Laura, that's Brandy."

Brandy gave a tight smile, her straight posture never wavering. "Please to meet you, Laura. How have you been liking school so far?"

Uncomfortably, I squirmed in my seat. "It's okay. Very different from how I imagine a prestigious high school, but pretty good."

Brandy laughed, dimples popping out of her cheeks. "Don't worry. It's not usually like this. Just all the first-day shit and adjusting to classes and whatnot. It usually loosens up the second week and get's more...interesting."

"Oh please," Tao who had been busy staring at her phone for the past minute commented, glancing up. "After tonight, everything will be back to normal. So savor this day while you can."

"What's tonight?" I asked, digging into my fruit salad.

"Every year since basically year 4 Sonny Wyott hosts a back to school party. It basically fucks everyone up and creates unneeded drama to begin the year," Tao explained. "I'm starting to think the only reason they have it is to get drunk and mock the noobies and C-listers."

"Then why do people go?"

"Simple, Laura," Brandy cut in. "For the show. Everyone wants something to happen and everyone wants to be able to say they were there to witness it. Also to get laid, drunk, high, show off their slutty outfits in hopes of getting the boys attention, and more."

"Yikes," Is all I had to say to that. "Will you guys be going?"

"Of course, we have to. It's social suicide to not show up," Zia's gaze flew to Brandy, and a small grin filled her face. "Also being little miss Brandy has a fat fucking crush on Cajes."

Brandy playfully smiled, tossing a carrot in her way. "Shove off! He's just cute. And if his personality didn't suck ass he'd be wifey material."

"With that mindset, half the guys in this school would be wifey material," Tao earnestly replied.

Song Of The Chapter:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 5.9K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...
960K 25.1K 42
Nate is a rich playboy who doesn't care about women's feelings all he cared was his family, his car racer and his friends but that all changed when h...
72.2K 3.4K 23
Hudson Cromwell is about to become a billionaire. At just the age of twenty-two years old, he is about to inherit billions from his rich aunt who had...
205K 5.6K 34
"Oh Cmon London! It's not that bad! She's just there to help and protect you! After all there are people coming after me and I wanna make sure your o...