Dolly

By chefnialler

{Sequel to Greaser} Both good and bad obstacles arise. Putting Mary and Niall to the ultimate test of whethe... More

Dolly
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
27. PREVIEW
Twenty-Seven: It Ends Tonight part I
Twenty-Eight: It Ends Tonight Part II
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One: A little Fake Death

Sixteen

708 45 5
By chefnialler

Mary

“What about your bags, do you have your bags packed, Mary?” he rushed, pacing around the room. I rolled my eyes, letting out a long breath in response.

“Niall, you’re more nervous about this than I am!” I laughed, patting my hand against the mattress next to me. “Chill out for like five minutes. Your birthday is Friday, what do you want to do?”

He puffed out his cheeks, soon letting out a long breath. “I don’t know. I don’t think we should do anything, honestly.” He shrugged. His body fell to the mattress beside me, craning his neck to look up at me. “You’re about to have my child. I don’t think I need anything more.”

“Come on, Niall. This is the last birthday you have before you have a small child to care for.”

“Nooo, my last birthday before having someone to care for was when I turned nine. Remember?”

“Right.” I trailed off, losing any sense of trying to convince him. “But still, I think you should go out and do something. Take Tony out with you, get ice cream and buy yourself something awesome.”

“Mary, this is my life now. Taking care of you and Tony. Soon there will be another little human that I have to worry about and care for.” He smiled. He rested his hand on my belly and softly ran his thumb in a circle.

“Have you been thinking about boy names?”

“Yeah. I have actually. You ready?” he wiggled his eye brows and gave me a quick smirk.

“Sure.”

“Niall James Horan JR.” he let his head fall back to the pillow while he belted out a laugh. He thought he was so funny.

“Are you serious? How hard did you think about that one?” I laughed. I found his hand with mine and tangled my fingers between his.

“I’ll have you know that I thought long and hard about that one baby. I was just kidding. I really like Aiden James.”

“Aiden…” I paused. I jetted my bottom lip out in thought. “I like it.”

“We could even use Thomas for the last name if you want…I’m not picky.”

“Why would we do that? Horan all the way.” I beamed.

Niall

            When I started to pack her bag it all just started to come together. Until now it hadn’t really hit me that she was going to have my baby soon. It could be any day now that my very own child was brought into the world. There are so many things that we haven’t gotten done yet. We haven’t finished putting the baby room together and we haven’t set up a small bassinet in our bedroom yet.

“You know that we still aren’t completely prepared yet, right darlin? I mean we have to set up a bassinet in here so we can hear if the little thing cries at night and-,”

“Niall can you seriously chill out for a few minutes. You’ll have time to do that. We have a few weeks at least.”

“Yeah but now that you say that out loud, you’ll probably have my child early. I’m going to be an early father, I won’t be prepared.” I joked.

“I really hope that Tony is prepared for all this.” She sighed and looked down at her stomach.

“What do ya mean?”

“Well he’s always been the only child in the house. He is used to getting all the attention and now that there will be a much smaller child, I don’t want him to feel ignored or invisible.”

“Tony’s not going to feel invisible. Trust me. I already talked to him about this. I kid you not, his exact words were ‘I can spend every day at Aubrey’s without you two playing mom and dad on me.’”

“He thinks this is a game!” She laughed and shook her head. “That brother of yours is going to be exactly like you.”

“There will be a girl out there who can control him. That one lucky girl will whip him into shape.”

“You mean like I had to do to you?” her eyebrow raised in question.

“Hey, I was doing great before you came in and made me all soft.” I frowned jokingly.

“I’m serious. As soon as Tony gets into the high school age in two and a half years, he’s going to be just like you.”

“I suppose he might get rebellious. You never know. He might run away with a girl like I did.”

“I’ll have to kick his ass myself, Niall. That boy will not be running away with a girl.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. I was a little confused about why she was getting so defensive about this. “What’s bothering you, baby?”

She let out a long breath and picked at the comforters fabric. “I just don’t want him to end up in the same place we are. Or were, I guess. Yeah our life is turning out good right now. But it was kind of shitty building up to this point. We fought so much. I almost died, you freaked out cause you thought I was pregnant, we fought about pointless things between then and building up to the wedding, which came the worst of all. You left me.”

“I know you’re just getting stressed as hell right now, baby. You are exploding everything that happened in the past because it didn’t go how you wanted. But when you look back at all those bad things, good things happened too. You almost died, but I came back for you and gave you that promise ring. When I freaked out and thought you were pregnant, you know where I went? I came here and after a while I could picture it. I was a dick for leaving you on the wedding day for something that could have simply been dealt with through communication. But that got us here.”

“You’re going to make me cry.” She frowned.

I chuckled and rubbed my thumb across her knuckles. “I just love you. I don’t want you to keep thinking that everything our relationship is, is negative actions. Because it’s not. There are negative moments, but those are overweighed by a ton with positive things.”

“Like what?” she mumbled.

“Well…When you first started talking to me I wanted nothing to do with you. But after a while I found myself wanting to be around you. Although I wouldn’t admit it to anyone or myself. I had never been in love with a girl but you changed that. I’d say that’s a pretty positive thing. You got me to care about someone other than just Tony which is hard for people to do. We got your father put in jail and now you’re getting all the money from his invention. We have a great house in a great town. We are both happy, Tony is happy and now we are having a family together. Way more positives than negatives, right baby?”

“I guess.” She sighed. She moved further down the bed so her head could land comfortably on my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair till I saw her eyes start to get heavy. It was cute. The way she fell asleep. First her eyes would get heavy and she would try to fight it until she just huffed out a tiny little breath and succumbed to sleep.

“Go to sleep, baby.” I whispered and kissed the top of her head the best I could without moving too much. I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable after she situated herself.

It wasn’t long now and we would both be just as tired. We will both be taking turns on getting up in the middle of the night to change a dirty diaper or to feed the baby. Most people would be nervous or scared. But I guess you could say I was a little excited for this next step with Mary.

___________________________

I know this one is kind of shorter than normal but hey, big tings are happenin' soon and all I can pull out are filler chapters right now.

I didn't proof read this first, so if you find mistakes you can let me know and I'll fix them tomorrow. (i'll probably read it over tomorrow anyway) I'm too tired to do it tonight! 

Vote and comment! I still dedicate chapters to lovely commenters. x- A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 633 34
Jessica isn't as happy as she'd hoped she would be living with niall. Fights , lost love , run aways. What about ashton? will they care enough about...
You & I By Emily

Fanfiction

8.2K 184 69
[RE-EDITING] Sequel to Nemily: Real Or Fake? Join Emily and Niall on their journey into marriage and parenthood as they deal with Niall being on tou...
28.8K 563 17
Niall horan is just like any other teenager, or at least that's what he use to be. At fifteen Niall found his daughter abandoned on his doorstep by h...
624 12 18
This is a sequel to 'You have to choose between me and him' it's about what happens in a LDR* between Holly and Niall *Long Distance Relationship