Twenty-Four

MARY

            “That was harry. Obviously,” he chuckled, “Someone- someone-“ he sighed this time, his eyes darkening which showed that he was mad. Something I’ve picked up on after a few years with him.

            “Someone what, Niall?”

            He sat up straight finally and let out a long breath. “Someone trashed the outside of the house…”

            “What? Are you serious?” I shot up in my place so I was standing in front of Niall, my heart suddenly feeling like it was going to pop right out of my chest.

            “He sounded pretty serious, Mary. I think he was downplaying it though. It’s what Harry does.”

            “Well we should go home and deal with it.”

            “We just got here, Mary.” He sighed, reaching for my hands in comfort. “The problem will be there when we get back.”

            “Niall that’s in four days, I can’t wait that long to deal with it. Who knows what this person did to our home!”

            “Fine. We will leave in the morning. But I want to at least take Tony to meet Peter pan.” He grinned, “he loves peter pan. The other day he was asking me about Neverland again and asked if I could adopt the lost boys.” He laughed.

            “He asked you to adopt the lost boys?” I grinned, “Maybe we could get him little dolls of the lost boys.”

            “Action figures, Mary. They aren’t dolls. They are action figures.” He defended, “Action figures.”

            “Action figures, sorry.” I laughed. Niall wrapped his arms around my waist, his head rested against my torso. Naturally my hands found his hair, playing with the hair at the base of his neck, just like always.

            “Why do you do this to me?” he sighed, “You know I love when you play with my hair right there.”

            “Do you want me to stop?” I chuckled, pulling back slightly to see his expression of complete disgust.

            “Of course not! But if you keep going, we may not make it to meet peter pan today,” he breathed, “it’s in everyone’s best interest that you stop.”

I quickly nodded and grabbed a different change of clothes. After wearing the same pair of clothes for two days in the car, I felt disgusting. “Are you showering, Mary?”

“No, why?”

“I- never mind. Hurry up so we can go get the kids and go enjoy what we have left of vacation.” His hand found the back of his neck, itching it like he always does when he’s keeping something from me. That was yet another thing I began to pick up on.

“Right.”

----------

NIALL

            I felt like I was a terrible boyfriend for keeping this from her. I couldn’t not tell her, right? I had to tell her who it had trashed the house, right? It’s not that hard to just say those four words.