Sixteen

Mary

“What about your bags, do you have your bags packed, Mary?” he rushed, pacing around the room. I rolled my eyes, letting out a long breath in response.

“Niall, you’re more nervous about this than I am!” I laughed, patting my hand against the mattress next to me. “Chill out for like five minutes. Your birthday is Friday, what do you want to do?”

He puffed out his cheeks, soon letting out a long breath. “I don’t know. I don’t think we should do anything, honestly.” He shrugged. His body fell to the mattress beside me, craning his neck to look up at me. “You’re about to have my child. I don’t think I need anything more.”

“Come on, Niall. This is the last birthday you have before you have a small child to care for.”

“Nooo, my last birthday before having someone to care for was when I turned nine. Remember?”

“Right.” I trailed off, losing any sense of trying to convince him. “But still, I think you should go out and do something. Take Tony out with you, get ice cream and buy yourself something awesome.”

“Mary, this is my life now. Taking care of you and Tony. Soon there will be another little human that I have to worry about and care for.” He smiled. He rested his hand on my belly and softly ran his thumb in a circle.

“Have you been thinking about boy names?”

“Yeah. I have actually. You ready?” he wiggled his eye brows and gave me a quick smirk.

“Sure.”

“Niall James Horan JR.” he let his head fall back to the pillow while he belted out a laugh. He thought he was so funny.

“Are you serious? How hard did you think about that one?” I laughed. I found his hand with mine and tangled my fingers between his.

“I’ll have you know that I thought long and hard about that one baby. I was just kidding. I really like Aiden James.”

“Aiden…” I paused. I jetted my bottom lip out in thought. “I like it.”

“We could even use Thomas for the last name if you want…I’m not picky.”

“Why would we do that? Horan all the way.” I beamed.

Niall

            When I started to pack her bag it all just started to come together. Until now it hadn’t really hit me that she was going to have my baby soon. It could be any day now that my very own child was brought into the world. There are so many things that we haven’t gotten done yet. We haven’t finished putting the baby room together and we haven’t set up a small bassinet in our bedroom yet.

“You know that we still aren’t completely prepared yet, right darlin? I mean we have to set up a bassinet in here so we can hear if the little thing cries at night and-,”

“Niall can you seriously chill out for a few minutes. You’ll have time to do that. We have a few weeks at least.”

“Yeah but now that you say that out loud, you’ll probably have my child early. I’m going to be an early father, I won’t be prepared.” I joked.