April Snowdrop (Thomas Shelby)

By yourstrulynix

⚘ ✰ ☾ ❥ ✧ ⋆ ❦ ༄ ↳ THE LEGEND SAYS: When God created snow, he gave it the t... More

𝒜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓁 𝒮𝓃𝑜𝓌𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝑒𝓃
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝕬𝖈𝖙 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝓌𝑜
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝒾𝓍
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃
𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

8.2K 234 58
By yourstrulynix

LOSING YOU

     DESPITE HER PROTESTS, Tommy had finally convinced Deborah to go back to Ada's while he had dinner with the Russians and Father Hughes. She had fought against his demands through the long drive to London, reminding him that he could barely sit up straight without her help. Deborah didn't understand why her husband was so against her attending the meeting, that was until he finally let it slip. After a rough beating from Father Hughes, the unholy priest had threatened Tommy with Deborah and Veronica's lives.

Once she learnt of the threats to herself and her daughter's life, Deborah shut up and jumped out of the car at Ada's. Now here she was, sitting across from her best friend and sister-in-law, a bottle of whiskey and gin sat between the two. It was late, Karl already off to bed by the time Deborah had arrived, however, the people of the Soviet Embassy had yet to arrive. That left the women will alcohol, cigarettes and a lot of gossip that needed unloading.

Of course, Ada knew all about Tommy's affair with the Duchess. Deborah didn't have to be told, she already knew that Polly or Lizzie would have rang up the Shelby woman. They were all against Thomas Shelby at the moment - Ada especially. She had yet to fully forgive her brother for all the problems he caused her years back, with Freddie and little Karl. Out of all the women to find out about Tommy's mistake, Ada had been the most shocked and pissed off. Deborah was her friend, her sister, and she hated seeing the woman's heart broken.

"I still can't believe you let me go on a date with Ben fucking Kelly." Deborah laughed, pointing an accusing finger at a giggling Ada.

"What!" Ada exclaimed with a teasing look of offence. "You told me you needed to move on from Tommy."

Deborah scoffed and shook her head. "Not with Ben fucking Kelly."

"Don't lie." Ada giggled, drinking her gin. "You found him attractive."

"No, you found him attractive." Deborah defended. "But he was eighteen and you were fourteen, so you forced me to go instead."

"Fine, you're right!" Ada cackled, clutching her stomach. "I was bloody jealous when I saw him kiss you goodnight."

Deborah reached for her glass and finished her drink. The women's cheeks were tinted pink from the warmth of the fire and the buzz of the gin and two large grins spread across their painted lips.

"Don't be it was bloody awful." Deborah revealed, sending them both into another round of giggles.

They feel into a comfortable silence and slouched back in their seats. The house was quiet as they waited for the group of men and Tommy to arrive to the house.

"Have you forgiven him?" Ada finally asked the long awaited question, as she poured them both another drink.

Deborah, who was slouched back in her seat, with a burnt out cigarette between her fingers, shrugged and downed the alcohol. "I haven't even thought about it." She sighed.

Ada snorted and crossed her legs. "Bullshit. It would have been on your mind all day."

"No." Deborah denied, sitting up in her seat. "What's been on my mind is my cheating husband, who has crack in his skull from a bastard priest who wants to kill my fucking child."

The room fell quiet as Deborah's harsh but truthful words rang in the air. The sound of the cackling fire filled the silence, as the two women silently poured themselves another glass of gin.

"Fuck." Deborah cursed, downing her drink once again. "I can't catch a bloody break."

"Not when you're married to Thomas Shelby, you can't." Ada replied, lighting a cigarette.

The two women fell silent again, as they embraced the peaceful air. Both their lives were stressful, with kids, their family and living with the Shelby name. Through all stressful time, the two always found peace and calm in one another. Since they were young girls, no man or obstacle in life could come between them.

"Do you think I should forgive him?" Deborah broke the silence.

In that moment, she realised that she had repeated the same words Tommy had only asked her the other day. Except, he already knew the answer to his question, they both did. This time, a part of Deborah knew that she wouldn't get the same reply from Ada as the one she had given to Tommy.

"He broke your trust. Again." Ada began, puffing her cigarette. "After nearly losing you, he decided to throw that all away, once again for a business deal."

Deborah sighed knowingly and collapsed back in the chair. "You're right."

"But." Ada interrupted her, eyes going soft. "He needs you and he loves you, more then anything in this world. And you need him."

They were interrupted by a loud knock at the door and an unknown man calling Ada's name. The young woman jumped from her seat and rushed to let the Soviet Embassy men in. Deborah stayed frozen in place, Ada's words running through her head. It was all too much, but she knew that her friend spoke the truth.

      An hour later, Deborah sat across from two men from the Soviet Embassy. The Russian man was older, with a thick moustache, glasses and a kind smile. The translator was much younger and had wandering eyes, Deborah noticed, but he was smart enough not to try anything with the two Shelby women. Ada was gone to answer the door for Tommy and Deborah was sitting impatiently waiting to see the state her husband was in.

The door to the sitting room opened with a loud bang and Deborah jumped in her seat, startled. She turned and watched as a breathless, sweaty and pale Tommy stumbled into the room. When he took the seat beside her at the table, across from the men, Deborah noticed the white powder on the collar of his jacket. She realised how in pain he must have been if he turned to snow.

"Tommy, this is the Special Advisor to the Soviet Consul." Ada announced, as she sat down beside Deborah.

"Members of the British establishment....and exiled White Russians are planning to rob armoured cars from a factory in Birmingham." Tommy stuttered, clutching the table.

"We know about the robbery. We have an informant." The young man interrupted, after he translated for the other man.

"Your informant is working for them. They want you to know about the robbery." Tommy told him, before clenching his eyes shut in pain.

Noticing her husband's clenched jaw and his shaking hand, Deborah placed a hand on his. "Tommy, you're not alright." She whispered, as the two men were busy.

"Your informant is working to their instruction." Tommy gasped out, ignoring Deborah.

"Why would they want us to know?" The young man questioned.

"They want you to..." Tommy paused as another wave of burning pain shot through the side of his head. "They want you to stop the robbery. They want you to commit a violent act on British soil."

"Tommy, do you want water?" Ada spoke up, concerned for her brother.

"A violent act on British..." Tommy began, but ducked his head down in pain. "To...to force the British Government to break off diplomatic relations. That's the game. The robbery in Birmingham was just the bait."

Deborah locked eyes with Ada and shook her, silently telling the woman that Tommy was not okay. She soothingly rubbed his back as he hunched forward.

"Why are you telling us this?" The man asked, looking suspicious.

"Because my family are the ones who will be sacrificed...if you decide to blow up the train." Tommy revealed.

Deborah and Ada gaped at his words, shocked at what he was doing. He was giving up information, business, to protect not just his wife and daughter, but his whole family. They hadn't seen this side of Tommy in a very long time.

Noticing Tommy's body beginning to grow weaker, Deborah stood up and wrapped one of his arms around her shoulder. She lifted him out of his chair and practically dragged him out of the room. Tommy whispered her name, as he stumbled over his two feet.

"The Consul wants to know who you are." The man called, as the couple left the room.

"He's Tommy Shelby. You can take his word." Ada warned them, while following the two at of the room.

Deborah held Tommy's weak body as they left the room and made their way to the stairs. The women tried her best to keep her husband up as they walked down the steps, but it was no use. Tommy could feel himself collapsing and Deborah was about to go down with him.

"Stop. Stop Deb, stop." He begged, before collapsing into a heap on the stairs.

Deborah crouched down in front of him and held his sweaty and bloody face between her shaking hands. Ada soon joined them and watched as her brother's eyes fluttered closed.

"Ada, call an ambulance." Deborah ordered, her eyes locked on her husband. "I think he may have a haemorrhaged. Ada, go." She watched as her sister-in-law ran to another room.

Tommy breathing was hollow and shaky as he leaned back against the wall, the pain becoming unbearable. His eyes were nearly shut, but Deborah could just make out his hazy blue eyes underneath his eyelids.

"You're going to be fine, Tom." Deborah whispered, tears brimming her eyes. She soothingly ran her thumbs along his cheek bones, trying to calm his gasping breaths.

"I'm sorry." Tommy muttered, voice low and groggy. "I'm...I'm sorry for all this shit. I just wanted to protect you." He paused, leaning his head back against the wall. "I love you so fucking much, Deb. I thought I was going to make it, with the two of us grey and old in our home together."

"It's okay. We'll get you to a hospital and everything will be fine." Deborah assured him, tears tumbling down her pale cheeks. "You're going to pull through to watch your daughter grow up and see your great-grandkids."

"My little girl." Tommy whispered, clenching his eyes shut. He slowly reached into his jacket, before pulling a familiar set of rings. "I love you so much, Deb."

Reaching down, Deborah grabbed her wedding rings out of his shaky hand and quickly slipped them back on to her finger. Staring down at the glimmering diamonds, Deborah let out a loud sob at how perfect they looked back on her finger.

"Dad I can see you." Hearing Tommy's mumbles, she turned her attention back to him. Deborah noticed that his eyes were shut and his breathing was hallow.

"Hey." Deborah called, carefully nudging her husband. "Tommy, you have to stay awake." She reminded him, but her pleads feel on deaf ears.

The sound of Ada's rapid footsteps went unnoticed by Deborah, who's attention was on keeping her husband awake and alive. The Shelby woman collapsed at the bottom of the stairs and looked up at the heartbreaking sight of husband and wife.

"No....Tommy please wake up." Deborah begged, her voice cracking as a new wave of tears streamed down her face. "You can't leave me! I can't live without you."

The sound of sirens filled the air, but Deborah remained kneeling in front of an unconscious Tommy. Her cries and pleading was heartbreaking as she watched the man she loved die before her.

★ ♥ ღ ❞ ➳ ⚘

Heartbroken.....

Also I'm so sorry for the long wait! Please don't hate me x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.3K 2.5K 19
────────────────── .˚ᵎ┊ 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗈𝗒 ⋆.ೃ࿔:・❝ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝘩𝑎𝑡 𝘩𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝘩𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑢𝑠𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔...
26.1K 840 6
do i look like the kind of woman who dies? 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 peaky blinders: s1 tommy shelby x fem!oc time frame...
181K 3.5K 17
The Salt and Shelby kids all grew up together on the mean streets of Small Heath, raising hell since 1897. Their fathers founded the infamous Peaky...
492K 10.8K 29
When Thomas Shelby returns from war, he doesn't expect the nurse who stitched him up to be in his hometown. He didn't expect her to be Charlie Strong...