The Gifted Hybrid

By gifted_nerd

BOOK 1 in The Hybrid Series After the tragic lost of her mom, 17 year-old Zoe Hyland has to deal with being a... More

Just A Hunch
A Long Bus Route
Camp Spirit
Protection
Powerless
I'm Sorry
First Gift
Your Special
Fast Learner
No Way In
First Attempt
Second Gift
Flashback
Full Moon
Just Try
Its You
Thank You
Book 66
A Sign
Darkness
Our Secret
The Dream
Believe Me
Bad Manners
Questions
See The Truth
You'll See
Relation
An Idea
Good Poison
Practice Makes Perfect
A Favor
Instinct vs Reflex
Just Talk
Triggered
Settled In
A Leader
Metal Eyes
Feelings
Visions Told Truth
Nervous Is Good
Marked
Real Deal
A Choice
Author's Note
Next Book Reveal
ITS TIME!!!
Checking in...
THANK YOU!

Powerful

904 36 6
By gifted_nerd

Margaret's idea of idea wasn't anywhere near the ideas I'd have in mind.

I was too use all the power I had in and fight against all of my friends. I wasn't scared or nervous or anything, I knew they'd be okay and I'd try my best not to let anything happen to them in the process of trying not to kill them at the same time. And in the middle of all the commotion that was about to go on was my cousin.

"What?!" I yelled, my voice boomed.

"You will get to Stacey and you will try to protect in the process of doing so" Marg explained, she paced the floor. She seemed more nervous than anything right now.

My friends weren't and I wasn't either. Stacey on the other hand was happy as can be, she liked the attention and the idea of being the center of it all. That someone was trying to protect her and her cousin with the greatest gift of all people. I shook my head at her. The energy she gave off was wild and it made my powers dance around. I tightened my fists and sent a small silent message from my brain to its position. A smiled played at my lips at how it had a mind of its own yet and still I was the one to control it.

"Alright" I say aloud. Susan met my eyes, I forced a smile.

"Alright?" Marg question, I turned to her and shook my head.

"Yeah, I mean I guess I could handle this" I tell her and she puts her lips together in a thin line and nods her head before she holds her arms out to gather everyone.

"Zoe, this is good but also bad. Are you sure you'll be able to handle this?" Susan asked.

It was my time to put my hand to her arm. She calmed from my touch and I smiled toward her. I looked over her shoulder at Stacey, how she jumped around and ran into Alex's arms before they tumbled over which made Margaret mad. She snapped her fingers and made them pay attention.

"Susan its going to be okay" I tell her.

"I know Zoe, but I'm worried still"

I didn't have to close my eyes to feel her heartbeat through her body. Its pulse vibration reached my hand and I pulled it away quick.

"You should be nervous, its good" I repeated her words.

She laughs, "yeah, I told you that because you are the one fighting. Not me"

"Hey Zoe" I turn to John, "they're ready for you"

I nod and turn to walk away from Susan but I feel her grab my arm. I turn to her for the last time.

"Be careful"

I smile, close my eyes and bring on the full engery of my powers in a flash of lighting. It seemed like the air around us whipped and grew darker the more I focused on all my energy. I opened my eyes, looking down at my hands now the same darkness floated around them slowly.

I looked to Susan and her eyes were wide from the sight in front of her.

"Your gifted Zo" she chuckled lightly before she took a step closer, "the gifted hybrid"

I smiled widely at her before turning away to make my way to the middle of the grass again. The same spot as before, I was a distance from my friends and Margaret made her way back over toward the sidelines. I looked to them and it seemed as if they grew father and father away, I could hear the echoes of their voices in the distance as the space between us grew. I took my stance, waiting for that go moment. My vision heightened and I could see Stacey's body in the middle of the crowd of supernatural.

I was to get pass them all and protect what was to be protected. What was mine, I closed my eyes again. I could hear nothing but silence.

Pretend she's me Zoe, Mom said. The corner of my mouth lifted thinking of her. Pretend you had to protect me.

My eyes flashes open and I stood up straight. The power that ran through my veins had begun to burn with hot and cold. Ice and fire put together in such a strong way, I turned to Margaret and she nodded.

I looked toward the group in front of me and started to walk toward them. Slowly and steady, the darkness laughs and my mind knows exactly how to go about this. The closer I get the more my heart pumps and the dark serum in my veins scream to be freed.

The wolves are first like before, Xander Alex and James run toward me. I stop walking and hold out my hand in front of me, they try slowing down but they don't in time. The darkness shoots from my hand and around their bodies covering them whole, they try to fight against the space around them but it's no use. My powers make them transform back into human form. I sit watching them before I decide to keep moving.

The next people that came for me was Chelsea, Will and Madison. They had been to focused on the guys in the air before they begun to try and fight me again. Chelsea swung first, her right hand came up to my face but I caught it and the powers snake from around my arm to hers, she begun to float up into the air.

Will's scream gave him away, coming from behind me with such force he lifted his sword and swung it toward me. I blocked it with my left arm over my face, he swung it around his head and back toward me but I caught it with my palm and pulled it from his arms throwing it before my powers read my thoughts. He began to float on instinct, I felt Madison sneaking her way toward me even as I wasn't looking. I could still feel the energy she gave off, it was bright and it felt warm.

I turned and she stopped in front of me, her light blue eyes met my dark ones again. She held out her hands, not showing any sign of her holding the dagger she once had. She balled them into fists and was about to swing her left hand toward my stomach but I caught it. I felt something coming and I held her fists while I turned my head to the right, her dagger coming full speed. My empty hand came up to my face and captured the dagger in the air, inches away from my face.

I looked back at Madison, she met my eyes once more.

"Nice try" I shook my head, forgetting she had the power of telekinesis.

The darkness shot from my hands and made her body float into the air with everyone else.

I looked up at all of them, struggling to fight and release their embrace from the clouded circle of darkness around them. Everyone else blocked the view of Stacey and once I saw her, it was as if every thing else didn't matter. I went walking toward the other six people that waited for me to attack them, they all stood across from each other in a strong line of powerful beings. I had to say, they looked good.

"Too bad this won't last" I smirk to myself.

They all came running and my arms came out to my sides, holding them in place was my powers until I waited for my friends to get closer. I looked at each of them before I brung my hands up into the air, my palms were open and I pushed them together in a fast motion like a clap which allowed such a powerful wind to create in front of me. It was dark and the smoke sent my friends flying back about half a mile. I closed my fists and they paused in mid air before I brung them back over to me with a swift of hand motion as if I was telling them to come back over.

All my friends were in the air now, I enjoyed the view. They were my friends but I couldn't stop for one second to think that maybe fighting those bad vamps won't be a bit easy like this was. My intention wasn't to hurt anyone here but those High Rollers will get what's coming to them. Now I had to get the prize and bring it back in one piece.

I look to Stacey and then to John, Jake, Susan and Margaret on the sidelines all the way across the grass. Stacey and I were more toward the edge near the stream below, the rocks and the grass and the small animals.

Then suddenly, an idea came to mind.

"Come on Stacey" I held out my hand to her for her to take just so we could walk back toward the other end of the grass together.

She looked at my eyes and hesitated for a minute, debating on grabbing my hand. She shook her head and smiled, a challenge came across her features.

"No?" I ask her before I begin to pace the floor. She flinches and I look behind us at our teachers still at the end.

"Fine" I look to my cousin and she backs away but my blood turns cold and hardens the powers that shoot from my hands. It loops around her torso before it creates a ball that surrounds her body. She is fascinated by it, the way she runs her fingers over the edges of the ball shes stuck in. It's as if she doesn't care. I smile and turn around.

My sight is suddenly playing tricks on me, the world around us doubles and I squeeze my eyes shut to clear my vision. I spot John again, he whispers something to Marg and Jake shakes his head. And then Susan, why do I feel the need to get to her? Is it my powers?

They speak to me, in a way where I can communicate to them just the same. The voices in my head saying things like get them and fight them. It's my powers, my fingers twitch and I look down at them. They seem to turn into solid tendrils, the shiny coated snaked circles my arms. I feel mad and confused both but my powers, even as I seem to control them they still seem to be trying to find a way to take full control. And why does it feel good to be consumed by such power?

I look up, before I go running toward them. It's as if the world has slowed and I'm the only thing that's running fast, I speed up. Like lighting when it strikes an object turning it into fire and that fire spreads.

John is awoken by me coming at full speed toward him. He looks to Margaret before he dashes in front of her.

"Zoe!" Jake calls but I can't do anything.

Fight them
Get to them
Fight them, get to them now!

John steps forward first, I push my teeth together and swing my first. He ducks, turning his entire built body to the left before I swing again, my left arm across his face when he ducks again and kicks his leg out. I grab it and meet his eyes before I'm throwing him. Margaret was right behind him, she pushed me back but I only budged half a foot. Her left leg swung into the air and I bent into a squat kicking out my own, I tripped her and she falling backward to the ground.

I couldn't stop, I turned to Susan as she was my next target but someone grabbed me from behind. Jake locked his arms around my body holding me tight so I couldn't move.

"Get off, Jake get off of me!" I yelled but he didn't let go.

"Zoe, you have to calm down!" He shouted.

I struggled to push my palms together, I could throw him out of balance so he could let me go. He held my arms tightly at my sides until I pulled at them causing them to slip from his tight grip before I pushed him back. I turn around to him, ready for his attack.

Just as I'm about to push my palms together, Susan comes up behind me. She grabs my hands and separates them, Jake comes up behind me again and grabs my arms holding them to the side again so Susan can do her thing. She puts her hands on the sides of my face and I struggle to move my head. I squeeze my eyes shut, I can feel her hands and they feel as if she's working her way toward my brain.

My eyes open and I can see hers clearly, pure white like her daughters.

"Zoe, its okay" she tells me.

I shake my head trying to throw her off, the powers she begin to use starts to mess with my own. They start to go wild and roam my body for an escape route, Susan's power looks like the cure to my poison in my mind. It feels weird and I don't want it in me. And my powers agree.

I open my mouth, a curdling scream is released and the creatures rush out in forms of smoke and ash. They fly into the air and Susan let's go of me the same time Jake does.

I hold my arms out and they begin to whirl into a circle of smoke above our heads. They form into a storm, the image of darkness and clouds and fog fill the air before they rush back to me. Under my skin and into my veins to latch onto my blood turning it solid black once more before I look up and the sky clears.

I squeeze my eyes shut again, my head beginning to feel woozy and off balance. I need to sit down, I've used so much power today.

"Zoe?" Susan calls.

I open my eyes and stand up straight to look at her. Just as I'm about to open my mouth to speak, Margaret screams. John rushes to catch the first person he sees that was closer to the ground, Stacey.

My friends, I've held them in the air for so long.

"No!" I yell.

My vision is blurry by my heart begins to race and the powers come back to me, coursing through me. I hold my hands out in front of me, the powers shoot from them and act as a comfort under all my friends before they hit the ground. Slowly they come falling down until they are completely on the surface. The darkness comes back to me and crawls back into my dark spots. Its tired and it needs its energy for the future attack.

I close my eyes for a minute, hoping to rid this head pounding. I bring on my healing gift and the light that was once bright has turned to dark in my mind. But still, it takes away the headache. I smile, relieved.

"Zoe!"

I open my eyes once again and spot my friends, they all rush toward me.

"Guys I swear to you that my intentions was not to let you guys fall" I explain to them.

"That was so awesome" Madison says and comes rushing up to hug me, "how the hell are you doing these things?"

I broke the embrace, "your serious? Are you feeling okay? How's your head?" I put the back of my hand to her forehead, everyone laughs.

"I'm fine" she rolls her eyes with a smile.

"To be honest Zoe, I don't think you would've needed me in the beginning when first coming here if I knew you'd have such an amazing gift" Margaret nods her head at me.

I pulled her in for a hug, "your wrong Margaret, I needed you. I needed all of you and I still do"

I feel everyone wrap their arms around Marg and I, "I'm not much of a hugger to be honest" Alex says.

"Yeah same here" James laughs and I smile.

Everyone breaks the embrace and I stand back to look at them. All my friends, my family and smile.

"That was amazing Zoe" Jake comes up to me and holds his hand up for a high five.

"Thanks Jake" I slap his hand with my own.

"Just next time don't use the whole in the air thing, I kinda don't like heights" Will comes up to hug me and everyones begins to laugh again.

"Yeah yeah" I tell him.

"I smell jealousy" Mia comes up to me and whispers, "really cool Zoe, your a natural"

"Thanks Mia, I really mean it. I don't know how you put up with me" I tell her.

"I don't know how any of you put up with me" I announce to them all, they meet my eyes.

"You've got this under control Zo, well most of it at least" Susan speaks up.

I nod, "I hope I didn't hurt anyone"

"Everyone's fine" John folds his arms. I nod to him and he returns the gesture.

"Now this is fun and all but we have to get ready for the real deal" Xander says and I lift my eyebrows before meeting Mia's eyes. She bites her lip and turns away.

"He's right, and as much as I don't want to put any of you guys in danger it's too late now. We don't know when they'll come, could be anytime" I explain and they nod.

"So we should all be ready, all of us" Susan blurts, I nod. Its quiet for a minute before Stacey speaks.

"I think the word goddess is an understatement" she says and I shake my head, I look to her and I think I see that Alex has his arm around her waist.

Everyone laughs again before we all head back to the house.

We all decided to freshen ourselves and cool off a bit while Margaret and Susan made dinner for everyone.

I took a quick shower and wanted to relax pulling on some shorts and a tank top before putting my blonde hair in a high bun and heading downstairs to watch as they cooked.

"I didn't know you knew how to cook Margaret" I say to her.

"Not really, but your aunt here insisted I help her" she met her eyes and Susan smiled.

"Want me to help?" I asked her but she shook her head.

"No actually, Zoe your burnt out. You need rest early tonight, your powers also"

I nod rubbing my hands together, "I know, I'll try to sleep early" I tell her even as she doesn't by it.

"Zoe!" I turned to Mia as she rushed down the stairs and over to me. She had the phone is her hand.

"What?"

She held the phone up so I could see what she was trying to show me. It was two guys, as I predicted, they were the ones who did the bombing except it wasn't them. I saw them and they weren't the ones who did it.

"What is it?" Margaret asked.

"They supposedly found the ones who did the bombing, I said they would use people who had nothing to do with it and act as if they did it" I explain.

Mia took the stool next to me at the counter, "but how could those two guys left them take them into custody if they had nothing to do with it?"

"We don't know what those high rollers are capable of, they could have made them seem like they did it" Susan explains and I meet her eyes.

"That's crazy" Mia says to my side, my head falls. The things I'd do to have stopped them before any of this happened.

"Zoe, I know what your thinking" Susan puts something in the oven, "I can feel your energy even as its fading cause of your tiredness"

"What happened?" Stacey comes up on my right.

Susan leans on the counter, "I know you blame yourself but you have to stop doing that"

"I know" I tell her but even as I nod and the words leave my lips, I still feel the need to do something but I can't.

"They're coming closer" I whisper, "Mom's warning, they're coming. I know they are"

A/N: thank you guys for 2.4k reads AHHHH! I love youu, thank you. And please vote for me.

Also guys I know it seems weird that Zoe would lose control and I still have it from her point of view when she knows what's going on around her. Its probably bad but I can't change it now. :((

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 3.9K 38
Not knowing who she was...what she was, caused; lets say, problems for Kaliska. Kaliska life changed dramatically when she discovered she was more t...
217 18 11
"You will beg for mercy pup! And when you do I'll ensure it is not granted!" His gold eyes flashed at me. "Mercy is for the weak." My canines extend...
4.1K 48 12
No one ever said life as a human/vampire hybrid would be easy. As Renesmee comes of age, there are many challenges she must face, and questions she n...
2.1K 143 17
Zoe Sawyer lived her entire life in Mystic Falls well from what she remembers that is. Zoe was adopted out of New Orleans and didn't even know about...