Downfall | โœ”๏ธ

Od downfallwrites

[C O M P L E T E D] Amara is drawn to him in a way she never thought was possible; intrigued by every secret... Viac

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
59 | The end.
Author's note.

Chapter 30.

8.1K 279 118
Od downfallwrites

"Who's this?" Jess asks as she smiles at Rebecca.

"This is Becca, she's new. Becca, this is Jess." I introduce the two.

"Nice to meet you." Becca smiles and Jess returns it.

"Do you want to sit with us?" I ask.

"We're just leaving, I've had way too much to drink and so has Jack." she laughs.

I look over to Mason who is giving me the 'save me' look. Or the 'I'm going to kill him' look, it's hard to differentiate between the two.

"Jack, come on!" Jess yells in frustration to which he attempts to fist bump Mason, with no returned effort besides a scowl. Painful to watch. Jack stumbles through the crowded room towards us and kisses Jess - making me just as weirded out as before, and judging by Becca's expression, she is too.

"See you, Mar!" Jess smiles as she eventually detaches herself from her vacu- I mean boyfriend, god damn it Mason.

"That was.. strange." Becca chuckles and I face palm.

"Another drink?" she asks and I consider it, mentally weighing the pro's and con's. I barely had any vodka in my last drink so I can barely feel a difference.

"Sure." I shrug.

"I'll pour, go make sure Mason survived.. well, Jack." she jokes as she exits the room.

I take my seat again to notice another empty cup beside Mason, and he looks reasonably more relaxed.

"He tried to fist bump me, Amara. He called me bro." Mason exclaims dramatically as he rolls his eyes.

"Mason, are you drunk?" I smirk.

"No, just tipsy." he smirks in return as his finger lands on my shirt just above my bra.

"You spilled something." he says calmly as his eyes remain on mine.

"I know." I mumble.

"Am I interrupting something?" Becca laughs awkwardly from behind us.

"No."

"Yes."

Mason and I say in unison.

"No, come sit." I say as I scowl at Mason, swatting his hand away.

"So how long have you lived here?" Rebecca asks Mason as she hands me my drink and I feel my heart sink slightly. It's such an innocent and natural question but I know how uncomfortable it makes him. I watch him, waiting for a reaction or for him to snap at her but it never comes.

"A lot of years now." he says calmly as his hand rests on my leg, I instinctively rest my free hand on top of his. I know even if it wasn't intentional, he did that in search of comfort. Reassurance. Even underneath the barrier of alcohol fuelled confidence, he's uneasy. I squeeze his hand gently to ensure he knows it's okay.

"That's insane. Can you say something in Italian?" she asks excitedly and I see him ponder for a second.

His eyes shift from Rebecca to me, looking directly into my eyes, "Sempre con voi, sempre e per sempre." he says quietly and my heart flutters like it does each time, without a doubt.

"What does it mean?" she asks.

"It's just something Amara likes." he brushes it off, his moment over. I still sincerely appreciate that he didn't snap at her, and that he said something I love to hear so dearly.

"Another drink?" a voice yells to Mason.

"On my way." he announces as he stands up, his hand dropping from mine.

"His accent is so strong." Becca gapes.

"It's not usually so prominent." I chuckle as I scrunch up my nose.

"It comes out when he drinks." Elijah butts in as he takes Mason's seat.

"Haven't you ever seen him drunk before?" he asks and I shake my head, "No, I haven't."

"Well you'll notice how strong it gets as he continues to drink." he chuckles, clearly just as intoxicated as Mason, if not more. "Our little Italian Stallion." he jokes and bursts into a fit of laughter - as do Becca and I. Elijah has one of the most contagious laughs I've ever heard.

"Wait, who is this?" Elijah asks.

"This is Becca, she's new." I tell him.

"Nice." he smiles as he brings his cup to his mouth once more, chugging the remainder of what smells like bourbon—giving me a strange wave of sadness as I associate it with my mom.

"Get up." Mason whines and Elijah complies. "I need another drink anyway." he rolls his eyes. "See you, Amara." he smiles as he walks off.

"Are you okay?" Mason asks as he sits closer to me than before.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I smile. I shouldn't be so easily upset by such a small thing.

He places his hand on top of mine which rests on my leg, intertwining his fingers with mine. I smile at his gesture, knowing how he hates holding hands in public. He rubs his thumb along my hand slowly, instantly soothing me.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"I think I'm going to head home. Here's my number—don't be a stranger, Mar." Becca smiles warmly as she writes down her number on a scrap of paper she found, in lipstick.

"I wont, it really was nice to meet you." I smile in return.

"See you both later." she pours the remainder of her drink into my already half full cup.

"Bye." Mason says kindly as she leaves.

We finish our drinks and by now I'm most definitely tipsy, I could taste the difference between Rebecca and I's drinks. Whereas Mason is drunk. He can argue all he wants, but he is flat out drunk. And it's extremely amusing.

Mason's POV:

I sit my empty cup on the floor and feel my head spin slightly. As the last drop of warm vodka burned the back of my throat I felt completely at ease. I look towards Amara who is clearly also drunk, nowhere near as drunk as me—but fucking drunk. I can see her discretely sway to the music in her seat and she looks so fucking attractive.

Low by Flo Rida comes on and Amara drops her (luckily) empty cup. Her eyes widen and I look at her with confusion.

"I love this song." she whines, and I can hear every drop of alcohol in her soft voice. I watch in awe as she begins to sing, quietly - but she's still singing. Nobody is looking at her since this party is so loud and crowded, but I can't peel my eyes away from her. She sways slightly, singing as she moves her hands sassily to the beat.

My jaw physically drops as she starts rapping the part of the song that nobody every cares enough to learn. That part of the song that you stop singing to because the chorus has ended, but she keeps singing, spitting every word like it's second nature. I smile at her in shock, she surprises me every fucking day and I couldn't adore her more. I'd usually try to hide it a little more around everybody but I don't fucking care. The alcohol is coursing through my veins and all I want to do is sit here and watch her have fun.

"I think I'm in love with her." Holly chuckles beside me and I scowl at her. "Back off." my tone surprisingly comes off more playfully than I intended, fucking alcohol.

"Go Amara!" Holly whistles and she stops singing, her cheeks flush and embarrassment creeps onto her face. Fucking Holly. I know Amara and even tipsy, she wouldn't do that if anyone was watching. I wanted to hear her finish the song.

"Don't be embarrassed! You fucking rocked, you're amazing." Holly chirps as she inches towards Amara.

"Thank you." she says shyly.

"I'll take that, thank you." I scoff as I take the drink from Holly's hand and chug it. I almost don't notice it's basically straight vodka until I finish, the aftermath of the fiery liquid leaving my mouth dry. I feel the effects almost immediately and I don't even regret it.

Amara's POV:

"C'mere." Mason slurs as he pulls me onto his lap and I feel my cheeks flush. This whole place is full of couples all over each other, and I dread to think what's happening in the bedrooms. But nonetheless, Mason is never this affectionate with me in public and as much as I urge him to, it worries me he doesn't really want to. My worries are completely depleted when I look at him, giving me a small smile as his arm remains tightly around my waist - a look of.. pride, washes over his face. Pride to have me sitting on his lap with his arm around me. Even in our drunken state, him more than me. My heart is warm.

"I really have to pee." he closes his eyes as he talks.

I chuckle, "Way to ruin the moment, Mase." the corner of his mouth tugs into a small smile as his eyes remain closed.

"Go to the bathroom before you pee on this seat." I joke and he throws his head back, sighing. "But," he opens one eye to look at me. "I don't want to move." he leans his head against my chest and my heart flutters.

"Wow, he's really drunk." Holly's voice breaks my daze.

"He is." I chuckle.

"Shut the fuck up." he mumbles through my hair.

"Not drunk enough to stop innsulting me." she rolls her eyes playfully, "He's never like this, you know. So.. loving." she whispers, luckily he didn't hear.

"Like you said, he's drunk." I shrug, talking quietly. "No, he's been wasted at parties countless times with girls. But he's never been like that with anyone." she tells me. I ignore the small, jealous part of me that gnaws away as I think about him being here with other girls and whatever they did. But I can't stop the flicker of happiness that bursts through hearing he wasn't like this—with these feelings.

"What are you two talking about?" he lifts his head to look at us.

"How you need to go to the bathroom before you piss yourself." I cover up, he's too drunk to see through my lie.

A defeated grunt escapes his lips, "Fine."

I stand to my feet and help him up. He walks away, turning back to look at me with a smirk on his face.

"Laters, baby." he winks playfully and I gasp.

I chase after him, stopping just in front of him. "Did you just quote fifty shades of grey, Mason?" I gape.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." he chuckles as he walks past me. He's fucking wasted. Mason would never admit to me that he's ever watched a movie like that, never mind quote it. Even though it's a quote from a movie—hearing the word 'baby' cross his lips sent a familiar fire through every inch of my body, his accent clinging to every syllable like an electrical current coursing through my veins.

"You're not supposed to dance in the street, you know!" I yell after him and he turns to look at me with a confused look on his face.

"What?"

"You're not supposed to dance in the street, it's a quote from The Notebook—where they dance on the road to imaginary music." I smile as I reminisce upon my favourite movie. "Oh," he raises an eyebrow as he sways back and forward in place. "I'll watch it with you one time." he winks as he walks away. He's so drunk that he wont remember saying that—but I sure as hell will.

I lean against the wall beside the door and let my head spin slightly—I'm glad I'm not too drunk, like 99% of the people at this party. I can't stop thinking about Mason, he looks so attractive, it's unexplainable, and the alcohol sure isn't helping.

"You okay?" a voice snaps me out of my trance.

"Elijah, hey." I rub my head slightly. "I'm fine, just waiting on Mason—I think we're gonna leave."  I tell him, hoping Mason will agree.

"Don't leave so soon." Taylor appears beside him, I think that was his name. Another one of Mason's friends from the last party, I know this is his place but it's the first I've seen him all night.

"It's not soon, it's almost one am." I chuckle.

"That's early, the party doesn't die until at least four." he smirks a little, he makes me uneasy, for some reason that's still unknown to me. I remember feeling the exact same way at the previous party. Just at that I notice two frat boys shoving each other around at the opposite end of the room.

"Excuse me a second." Elijah groans, flashing me a small smile before he leaves to break up the brewing fight.

"So where is your boyfriend, anyway?" he asks, I consider correcting him but it doesn't feel right in this situation.

"He's just at the bathroom." I say awkwardly. "He's been gone a while." he remarks, his eyes flickering between me and the hall in front of us.

"Better hope he isn't with another frat girl." he chuckles and I'm far from amused. Throwing that in my face is far from funny to me, I don't know anything about Mason's past 'flings' and I don't intend to. But he wouldn't do that to me.

"Oh, come on. I'm only joking." he rolls his eyes a little and leans against the wall beside me.

"I'm going to find Mason." I move away, to find Mason walking towards us—I couldn't be more glad.

I watch as Mason's eyes analyse me, filling with a little anger as they lead to Taylor, "What did you do?" he spits.

"Nothing, don't worry." he says calmly as he continues to lean against the wall. Another one of the very few people who aren't fazed by Mason's anger.

"Can we go?" I plea, his eyes meet mine and he takes my hand in his—to my surprise. "Let's go." he says softer than before, leading me out of the door. I'm pleasantly surprised that Mason didn't just punch him or start an argument. I mean he didn't really do anything besides make an unfunny joke. He just makes me uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" Mason asks as he stops just outside.

"I'm fine, really—I was just uneasy." I say honestly.

"Taylor is a total womanizer, he doesn't care if they're taken or not, stay away from him, please." A small part of me wanted to retort that I can handle myself, and that I'm not even technically taken - but Mason's eyes are full of worry and he seems to have sobered ever so slightly since our encounter.

"Okay." I smile weakly and he sighs in relief.

"Stay with me?" he raises his eyebrow and I don't even consider it. "I will." I tell him and his face lights up as he sways on the spot, still drunk.

Usually I would think about all the reasons I can't stay over, but tonight, with the help of some vodka—I don't care, and I want to be with Mason.

"I'll text my mom and let her know."

I decide to call her instead, I know she'll be awake because she'll be waiting on me coming home despite how she pretends she wont.

It rings a few times before she picks up, "Hello?" she says in a low, sleepy voice.

"Hey, mom."

"What time is it?" she mumbles.

"You can stop pretending I woke you up now, I know you were waiting up." I sigh.

"Ugh, fine. Are you coming home now?" she grumbles in defeat.

"No, I'm going to stay at Mason's again." I say nervously, knowing she isn't a major fan of that.

"Oh, have you two been drinking?" she asks.

"No, you know I don't drink." I lie as confidently as I can and hope she just agrees.

"Okay.. don't be late home tomorrow." she sighs.

"Thank you, goodnight." I chirp happily, knowing I can fall asleep in Mason's arms tonight.

"Goodnight."

I end the call and slide my phone back into my pocket—turning to find.. Mason? Who isn't there. I look around to find him standing in the middle of the road.

"What the hell are you doing! You're going to get yourself killed!" I yell as I run towards him.

"There aren't any cars here at this time, Amara. It's a frat party. Nobody can drive." he reassures me and grabs my hand, pulling me closer to him.

"What are you doing?" I ask confusedly.

"You said you aren't supposed to dance on the road, right?" he asks with a small smirk on his face. I don't know whether to be completely flattered that he's on the road for me, or unnerved that we're in the middle of an open road. It was a lot more romantic in the movie. Probably because there were camera crew to ensure there wasn't any cars that ran them over and killed them.

"Mason, we aren't dancing, we're just standing here." I chuckle and he rolls his eyes, "Because I've never danced, Amara. So we're improvising." he admits as he looks into my eyes.

"You haven't? Not even at parties when you're drunk?" I ask him to which he simply shakes his head.

"The only reason I'm out here right now is because I'm drunk, let's face it." he says, stinging a little but I know it's true.

"I didn't mean it like that." he sighs slightly.

"I know."

"I just meant.. I'm not the type to do these things, and I might be in the future—but it's still new to me. I'm standing on the road for you outside of a frat party because I know how much you love that stupid movie." he chuckles as he laces his arm around my waist.

"I know, thank you." I smile, "And it's not a stupid movie!" I defend and he laughs.

"Technically we have music." he wiggles his brow as we can hear the faint echoes of the music from the party.

"Not exactly the type of music I was thinking of.." I laugh and he does too.

"It's better than nothing, right?" he shrugs. "I guess it is, but how are we supposed to slow dance to Eminem?" I scrunch my nose up.

Eminem. Lose yourself.

"Who said we have to slow dance? We make the rules." he smirks as he pulls me against his chest quickly and I laugh.

"I can't dance, Mason. Slow dancing is just easy steps and swaying."

"That's boring." he mocks as he lifts up his arm, twirling me underneath making me stumble. "Mason!" I cough through my laughter.

"Come on, Amara. Let loose a little." he yells into the empty road, twirling me around again, stumbling around me and pulling me towards his chest before leaning me back and catching me in his arms.

I laugh like I've never laughed before, I've never seen him like this. He's carefree, dancing like an idiot in the middle of the street. I look up into his eyes and he's laughing, too. Truly laughing. For the first time, he's throwing his head back in laughter, his hair falling against his forehead, his hazel, golden brown orbs lit up from the street light that hangs above us - and his laughter that seems to surround me like a welcoming blanket.

I smile at him as he picks me back up, standing mere inches apart from me with his arms around my waist. Catching his breath from laughing. This exact moment is the one I've dreamed of since I met the complicated, brooding man. The moment where he truly lets go and laughs with me, his eyes lighting up as my favourite sound escapes his lips. I constantly think he cannot surprise me any more and he does, he always does.

"Every time I think I know every little thing about you, you surprise me, you know that?" I say softly, my heart full and everything else is faded away, mere background noise.

"You let me in more and more each day and every time I find myself in awe at all the small things that come together to make you, you. I couldn't adore you any more." I ramble, knowing it's the small boost of confidence the alcohol has kindly given me.

I bring my hand to cup his cheek, admiring him in the shadow of the dim street light that reflects off of his face. He remains silent but I can see in his eyes how he feels the same. It was in this moment, this exact moment that I was sure that I loved him. The term has played on my mind for the past week, creeping in when I least expect it. But do I even know what love is? I kept asking myself.

I do. I love him. I love Mason Jaxon Loche in all his glory, all his imperfections included. Every piece of jealousy and insecurity, every piece of troubled soul and fear. I think he is utterly perfect in all his flaws. I've never found somebody I adore more in this world and I don't think I ever will. I choose to stay silent, I don't want to ruin our moment with my declaration. Instead I stand in front of him, basking in the happiness and true affinity I feel towards him, knowing he feels the same.

He is a rose with the most powerful roots, leading directly to my heart and soul. Bounding and tethering himself to me eternally despite his thorns.

{a/n: I just had to add that we are officially half way through downfall! It's insane how we've reached the half way point and I'm so thankful for your support along the way. }

instagram: downfallwrites

Pokraฤovaลฅ v ฤรญtanรญ

You'll Also Like

438 12 42
A little sneak peak of the story: He then reach my sweet spot and bit it harshly but the pleasure was overpowering the pain. My hands now moved to h...
1.2M 26.7K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
65.4K 984 61
๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐†๐†๐„๐‘ ๐–๐€๐‘๐๐ˆ๐๐†: ๐ƒ๐€๐‘๐Š ๐‘๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐๐‚๐„, ๐ƒ๐‘๐”๐†๐’, ๐€๐‹๐‚๐Ž๐‡๐Ž๐‹, ๐–๐„๐€๐๐Ž๐๐’ ๐Œ๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’, ๐•๐ˆ๐Ž๐‹๐„๐๐‚๐„ ...
3.9K 130 44
Highest Ranks : #1 & #2 in Badboyseries || Completed & Edited || โง "Your boyfriend has a reputation for being a little ruthless. Is that what you lik...