Resetting Our Love

De yourstrulytrina

"You know the good old days when we were joined at the hip? How about we just reset everything?" Jasper and S... Mai multe

Resetting Our Love
Chapter One: English
Chapter Two: Alright
Chapter Three: Burger Joint
Chapter Four: Drinking Fountain
Chapter Five: Stubborn
Chapter Six: Pathetic
Chapter Seven: Playground
Chapter Eight: Smile
Chapter Nine: Secret's Out
Chapter Ten: Puppy Dog Pout
Chapter Eleven: Script
Chapter Twelve: Stupid
Chapter Thirteen: Blue and Silver Balloons
Chapter Fourteen: Wall Of Shame
Chapter Fifteen: Life Of The Party
Chapter Sixteen: Hello To You Too
Chapter Seventeen: Smooth Jaguar (Jasper's POV)
Chapter Nineteen: New Year's Fireworks
Chapter Twenty: The Reset Button
Chapter Twenty-One: Moments
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mini Pile
Chapter Twenty-Three: We're Not Romeo and Juliet
Chapter Twenty-Four: Pompom Waving Love Child
Chapter Twenty-Five: Cereal Salvation
Chapter Twenty-Six: Ice Cream or Pizza
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bungee Jumping Promposal
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Spilled Coke
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Every Small Moment
Chapter Thirty: Makes Us Feel Alive
Chapter Thirty-One: Four Years
Chapter Thirty-Two: See You Soon
Epilogue: Thanksgiving
Bonus Chapter: His And Her

Chapter Eighteen: Mistletoe

166K 7K 2K
De yourstrulytrina

“The yearly countdown for Christmas,” my mom smiled as she handed us mugs of hot chocolate as we sat down in the living room, staring at the clock located right above the fireplace, waiting for it to tick to midnight.

“One last happy birthday, Drew,” I smiled to my brother who sat on the couch with Celeste. He gave me a thumb up, signaling his appreciation.

Funny thing about drew is that he was born on Christmas Eve, so every year, it was a double celebration for the family. Though with the look in his eyes, we could all conclude that he treasured the times we’re together than actually thinking of his birthday.

Looking at Celeste’s growing belly, I couldn’t help but sigh, in just a few months, another bundle of joy will be added to crazy and rowdy family.

“Six minutes,” dad muttered, settling down on his favorite chair, “You ready, kids?”

The doorbell rang and we all switched our gazes to each other, wondering who was at the door.

Well, who in the world would be visiting us at this late hour?

I volunteered to get it and imagine my shock when I saw Jasper standing there when I opened the door.

“Hey,” he greeted with a soft smile.

“Hi,” I said slowly, “What are you doing here?”

 “Well, my family was next door talking and…” he trailed off, looking unsure of what to do.

Macy popped out from behind him and clicked her tongue at her brother, “It’s not hard, you know.”

“What’s not hard?” I questioned, looking intently at Jasper.

She shook her head, but presented me with a wrapped box, “Merry Christmas, Savannah.”

Jasper’s eyes widened when he saw it, and it looked like he wanted to rip the present off of her grasp and bury it six feet under.

I thanked her as I took it from her hands. The way she was grinning at me was a clear indication that something was up.

“Open it,” she requested, shifting on her feet as Jasper continued to avert his gaze away from me.

Slowly untying the ribbon, I carefully took off the lid. Macy’s grin was still prominent when my eyes scanned the green thing inside the box.

Oh fuck no.

I reached down for it until my fingers found the string. Jasper stared at it, his eyes boring through the mistletoe I held out.

“Well, you know what to do,” she grinned mischievously, taking it from the hands. She hanged it on the hook that was conveniently located on my doorway so it now hung right above us, “Mistletoe, now you have to kiss.”

Jasper cleared his throat loudly and sent a dry look towards Macy. She smiled sheepishly as she slowly retreated back, saying something about giving us the privacy we needed.

“Actually, Macy pushed me here because she wanted me to accompany her as she gave you her gift,” he explained, scratching the back of his head, “But I never thought this was it.”

Nodding in understanding, I looked up and shook my head, eyeing the treacherous thing known as Macy’s wonderful present, “She’s probably watching us right now.”

“And she’s not going to let me leave unless we do something.”

My cheeks heated up as my brain started conjuring up the following scenarios. As much as I wanted this, our friendship is too precious to break it for something like this. I don’t even know how he feels, and now, we’re being forced into something we’re both so unsure about.

“Let’s just get this over with,” he mumbled, staring right into my eyes.

I stood frozen on my spot as I contemplate on what to do. Where’s Kyla and Tristan when you need them? I need to do some sort of distraction or whisper advice into me right now.

But when I glanced at Jasper, he was waiting patiently for me, like he was prepared to turn back and walk away if I say the word no.

“One minute!” I heard my dad announce from the inside of my house. I’m pretty sure my family knew what was going on, and they decided to just let me be as I tackled this situation.

Mistletoe, now we have to kiss.

Licking my lips, I took a step forward with my heart beating rapidly inside my chest, “Alright.”

Calm yourself, Savannah.

He carefully placed his hands on my waist, and I’m certain that he could feel how nervous I was. When he slowly leaned down, he took a deep breath as he paused on the spot, as if he was silently telling me it was up to me if I should continue with this.

And that was when I heard my family slowly count down until zero.

“Ten, nine, eight,” they stared to say, excitement lacing in their voice.

Eight more seconds, Savannah, we can do this.

“Seven, six, five.”

I stared to lean forward and his eyes fluttered shut, knowing how this would end up in.

“Four, three, two.”

Oh for heaven’s sake, this is not some New Year’s kiss that everybody wants to have.

And they cheered as they said, “One.”

That was when I realized that I couldn’t do it. Not right now.

So I shifted my face so I pressed my lips on his cheek, before dropping my head on his shoulder.

I’m a coward, a complete coward, but this is the right thing to do.

Ever since I started to have a crush on him a few years back, I’ve always imagined how our first kiss would be like. Sure, Christmas under a mistletoe is a romantic setting, but the way this was been set up isn’t.

I have this hunch that my mom is back with her camera, ready to capture the moment, and even where I’m standing, I could see a silhouette of Macy’s body a few meters from us, clearly enjoying the show.

This is not how I wanted it. If Jasper does feel the same way like I’m always hoping for, I don’t want our first kiss to be done out of pressure, it supposed to be spontaneous, like how my mother used to dramatically describe hers with my father, or how Celeste used to tell me how confused she was when Drew kissed her for the first time, but she admitted that from that night on when they shared it, she thought of nobody else except him.

And that’s how I wanted it to be, when it happens, it’s going to seal everything between us.

I felt his grip on my waist tightened and I could almost feel his emotions radiating from his body.

He was disappointed, it was clear as day.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered, “I just can’t.”

“I know,” he replied quietly.

I stepped away from his hold of me, but I reached out and took his hand in mine, “My family is watching us, your sister planned everything, and I don’t think I’m really comfortable with our situation right now.”

He nodded, and I released him, “Merry Christmas, Jasper.”

A small smile crept up on his face, but it looked forced more than ever, “Merry Christmas, Savannah.”

And as I watched him walk away with Macy back into their house, I felt my heart sank. Well, looks like it’s not going to be a very merry Christmas this year.

Closing the door, I yelled to my family that I was going to bed. Luckily for me, they didn’t bother with asking me anymore questions and just allowed me to be alone.

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing that came into my mind was to open my curtains to peek into Jasper’s room.

Just in time, he was about to close his curtains. He caught a sight of me, and I suddenly felt ashamed of what I was wearing. Here I was in my red pajamas with my hair resembling a tumbleweed, and he on the other hand looks as attractive as ever, looking like he was ready to head out.

He shot me a small smile, but it was the same as last night before he left. He gave me a wave before he finally closed his curtains, removing my view of him.

That’s it, if we’re going to continue being like this, then a very awkward air will follow us everywhere.

So that thought made me pick up my phone, dialing the person who I know will help me get through this.

“Hello?” came Tristan’s voice, still heavy with remains of sleep.

“I kind of have a code red with Jasper right now,” I frowned to myself as I searched my closet for a change of clothes, “I need your help.”

“Considering you’re the reason why Kyla and I are smooth sailing, I’ll help you with this one,” he teased as I heard shuffling from the other side, “So what happened between you and my best friend?”

“Long story short, we found ourselves under the mistletoe and instead of kissing him like everybody would expect, I went for his cheek,” I explained, grabbing a pair of jeans from one of the hangers, “And now I have no idea what he’s thinking, but whatever it is, I’m sure it’s not good.”

“Oh young and dumb Savannah,” he clicked his tongue, “You and Jasper are a pair of fools in love.”

I rolled my eyes at his statement before I threw my clothes onto my bed, “I did not call you in order for you to insult my intelligence and common sense.”

“Calm down,” he chuckled, “But as I see it, Jasper sees this as a form of rejection from you.”

“I think I’ve figured that out,” I scoffed.

“I just don’t see why you went for the cheek.”

“Because,” I paused for a moment, looking for the right words, “It wasn’t a good time for the both of us to have our first kiss together.”

“I’ll give you a little secret,” he said and my interest grew, “Jasper Dean, star athlete, is a very insecure little boy when it comes to one girl.”

“And who’s that girl?” I questioned, dreading for the answer.

“You!” he exclaimed, as if he wasn’t obvious enough.

If you haven’t noticed, my brain works slower when it comes to things related to Jasper.

“Do you think he likes me,” I asked, my voice becoming small as if I desperately wanted to know the answer, yet at the same time, I don’t want him to reply.

“I think that’s for you to find out,” he said from the other line, but his voice was encouraging nonetheless, “Go talk to him.”

“You sure?”

“I’m sure,” he affirmed, “Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas, Tristan,” I smiled at my phone. With that as a goodbye, I placed down my phone and looked at my clothes. Well, he told me that I should talk to him.

Changing out of my pajamas, I ran a brush through my hair before I pulled it into a ponytail to make sure it was out of my face. Taking one look at the mirror, I nodded at myself, trying to make myself determined.

“We can do this,” I told my reflection, before I walked downstairs.

“Merry Christmas, Savannah,” Celeste greeted, “Are you alright?”

“Just peachy,” I muttered, grabbing a piece of toast, “I have something to do this morning, so is it alright if I could go out?”

My mom looked at me skeptically, but she caught on quickly, she nodded as she gestured to the door, “Just be back before lunch.”

And with her permission, I grabbed my coat and I ran out of my house and walked to the house next door. Attempting to fix my disheveled look, I pat down my hair before ringing the doorbell.

The sight of Jasper greeted me quickly, and the welcoming smile he was supposed to put on dropped instantly when he saw me.

Awkward feel, welcome!

“Hey,” I mumbled.

“Hi,” he said slowly, “What are you doing here?”

It was like last night, only the tables have turned.

Looking out to the snow covered road, I muttered to him, “Can we talk?”

With I sigh, I watched him as he stepped out of his house and quietly closed the door behind him, “What’s the problem?”

“I think you know what’s the problem,” I scoffed, leaning against the wall, “Plus, I really hate seeing you down, especially because of me.”

He took a deep breath, crossing his arms in an attempt to warm himself up, “Just answer this one question.”

“Shoot.”

“On a scale of one to ten, how much do you believe that two friends of the opposite gender can fall for each other?”

And that was it, something I thought I would never hear. He never said it directly, but the idea was there.

He likes me, the idea was farfetched, but I think that he really does like me.

I rested my head on his shoulder as I stared the both of us stood in comfortable silence before I finally gave him my answer, “Eleven.”

Awkward feel, goodbye!

“Good,” he smiled.

He made no other move other than, but we both got the message. Thinking about it now, this may be the best Christmas gift I have ever received this year. We’re going to take this slow, and besides, we haven’t even gotten our first kiss yet.

But hey, we’re moving slowly but surely.

-------------------------

I'm sorry I haven't updated in such a long time, but I want you to know that I'm still here, I'm still writing so please don't worry.

How have you all been, are you alright? I missed you, I really did. You have no idea how many times I tod myself to just get myself together and write for you, but in the end, I couldn't. I really hope you're still with me.

Question: How many chapters are we going with this? The most I''ll have is thirty, but we may never know.

I love you guys, I really do, don't ever forget that. Keep that in your mind, alright? See you all next chapter, and please don't be shy to leave a vote, comment and follow.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

10.4K 232 15
"I always fall for somebody that seems nice, then my heart breaks right after. I just don't want to go through the same mistakes again." • Take a loo...
21.8K 581 35
Elena and Zayn met the first day back to school. They got along well. They laughed, talked, and had lots in common. But after that day, he never saw...
471 22 21
Savannah didn't expect to fall in love with her cute coffee barista. And she didn't expect it to be such a rollarcoster.
3.6K 176 36
What do you do when you clash both wheels and heart with someone you don't know? You stay away. And that's exactly what Gabby does. When Gabby and Ma...