Buried Deep ✔️

By hallonn23

Spencer King vows his life to Chicago's Southside gang with hopes of escaping a shattered life, but when he m... More

Author's Note
The Beginning
Chapter One [Before School Business]
Chapter Two [New Power]
Chapter Three [School]
Chapter Four [Shifting of the Ranks]
Chapter Five [Summerfest]
Chapter Six [Decisions]
Chapter Seven [Dangerous Games]
Chapter Eight [Wrong Alley]
Chapter Nine [The Truth]
Chapter Ten [No Return]
Chapter Eleven [World War III]
Chapter Twelve [The End of Us]
Chapter Thirteen [Allies]
Chapter Fifteen [Promises]
Chapter Sixteen [The First Time]
Chapter Seventeen [Tête-à-tête]
Chapter Eighteen [Challenges]
Chapter Nineteen [Unforgettable Night]
Chapter Twenty [Moving Forward]
Chapter Twenty-One [Blood Brothers]
Chapter Twenty-Two [One Step at a Time]
Chapter Twenty-Three [The Devil's Pit]
Chapter Twenty-Four [Resurrection]
Chapter Twenty-Five [The News]
Chapter Twenty-Six [Traitor]
Chapter Twenty-Seven [Same Old Story]
Chapter Twenty-Eight [Cause and Effect]
Chapter Twenty-Nine [Fate]
The End

Chapter Fourteen [Trouble in Paradise]

14.8K 73 21
By hallonn23

It wasn't Adrienne. Stop, Spencer. My mind screamed at me as it tried to wake me from my half-asleep, half-drunk state.

Her soft hands worked my jacket off my arms in a swift, effortless motion before they moved up my arms. She leaned close to my ear. Her breath washed across my skin.

"Roll over, Spencer," she whispered as her weight moved away from me.

I rolled over, a willing participant in her game. Her talented hands started at my lower back, slowly massaging into my tight muscles before they worked up my back. A husky groan escaped my throat because the pleasure was undeniable.

My mind was clouded by Adrienne. The last time we slept together crept into my mind as the soft hands continued to my shoulders. They worked through the tension-filled knots located there.

After a minute, I twisted my body beneath her so that she was straddling my waist. My hands roamed across her body, feeling every inch of her soft skin and enjoying her curves in the dark. She moaned in response to my touch. My breathing increased as the blood traveled to my dick.

"I am so glad you agreed to this . . . You need to let off some steam. You're feeling very tense," the temptress whispered.

She wanted to pull me further into her trance, but the first words confused me. I agreed to do this?

My eyes flashed open, and the darkness was all I could see. I moved my body from under the girl, leaping from the bed. I stumbled through the dark to the door. My hand fumbled along the wall until I found the light switch. My eyes landed on the girl in the room with me. My jaw dropped, and my whole body iced over. It was Bekka.

I stared at her from across the room. "Why are you in here?"

Bekka sat on the bed with her legs folded, her hands resting in her lap. Her long, dark hair hung down her shoulders, and she smiled at me, her hazel eyes trying to pull me in. She climbed off the bed and skipped over, halting to a stop in front of me. Her hands grabbed the bottom of my shirt, and she pulled me to her.

A crazy lust filled her eyes as she leaned close to me. "Because I want you. I want to feel you inside me."

God. She was like a seductive vampire trying to lure me in to suck my blood. I pushed her hands down away from my shirt and stepped back against the door, trying everything to create space between us.

"You know I can't do this. You have Cam. I'm sure he'd be willing. You were all over him earlier."

She rolled her eyes before letting a frustrated breath escape her. "Cam is great in bed." She licked her lips. "But sleeping with the same person gets old to me. I want something new. I was all over him tonight because I was trying to make you jealous." Her hands attempted to slip beneath shirt as she stepped to me again.

I dodged her advance and backed over to the bed. "Well, I'm flattered, really, but I can't do this to Cam. He's like a brother to me." I leaned to grab my jacket from the floor.

I would never do anything to show disloyalty to Cam, but the real reason I couldn't sleep with her was because my body only wanted Adrienne. She was the one who could satisfy my desire.

Bekka moved her hands to pull her shirt over her head, exposing her body to me. She wore a red lace bra and her short skirt. She had curves in all the right places, and a diamond belly ring that I'm sure would be fun to explore. I bit my lip, gripping my jacket in my hands. Fuck. I was trying to be good.

I slipped my jacket on my shoulders and adjusted the collar. "No, Bekka. Put your goddamn shirt back on." To avoid temptation, I kept my eyes down.

Bekka pouted, and then her soft footsteps hurried across the floor. I grabbed her wrist when she approached. I lead her to the bed and sat her down like I was putting a child in time-out.

She spread her legs as a last ditch effort to pull me in. "Please, Spencer," she pleaded. "You're a gang member from the Southside. You're supposed to want to sleep with all the girls."

I was growing tired of playing this game. "I said no, Bekka. That's it. Now get dressed."

Without bother to look at her again, I yanked the door open, and left her in the room alone. I wasn't just a fucking Southsider who slept with anything that moved. Clenching my fists as I walked down the hallway, I noticed the party was dying down. The alcohol was slowly losing its grip on me. My eyes landed on Cam who leaned against the island in the kitchen, laughing as he talked with another guy. He had beer in his hand, and his dark eyes met mine.

He tilted his head. "Where you been, Spence?"

I watched him for a moment as I debated whether I should tell him the truth or not. "I passed out in one of the back rooms for a bit. It's been a long couple of days for me. I needed some rest." I leaned against the counter beside him.

He nodded. "Good. My house is your house, my guy. You're welcome anytime."

It was nice to have that invitation extended to me. I might consider spending more time here. Cayden couldn't be upset if I was building stronger ties with the Northside.

My conscience nagged at me to tell Cam the truth. The truth really does set us free. This was my chance to start being the man I wanted to be, but the other guy in the room made me hesitate.

I clasped my hands together. "How's the kid?"

Cam glanced at me, and he let out a brief sigh. "I hope he'll be okay. The paramedics said he has a severe concussion, along with a broken bone or two. I told him to stop coming here earlier this week. He's way too young, Spence," he said as he set his cup on the bar. "I've been seeing too many young kids around here. Their parents are too strung out on drugs to take care of them. I try to give them a safe place, but sometimes it ends up being more dangerous for them here." He traced the lip of his cup with his finger.

I thought about what he said. His facial expression seemed pained as he stared down at his cup. Cam cared about these people, and he was willing to die to protect them.

I let out a soft sigh as I decided he deserved the truth. "Cam, I need to talk to you." I glanced at the other guy again. "Alone."

Cam straightened his body and motioned to the other guy to exit the room. He raised his drink to his lips and took a sip. "Everything good?"

I nodded and was about to speak when we were joined by Bekka. Her gold eyes locked on mine as she circled Cam and smiled lovingly at him. She rested her hand on his shoulder and stretched her body to kiss his cheek.

He wrapped an arm around her waist. "Hey, you."

I glared at her and then looked back at Cam.

"What were you going to say, Spence?" Cam asked.

Bekka leaned toward me, interested as well.

I gritted my teeth before deciding to do it. "I just wanted to tell you that your girl here, she's a slut. She tried to come onto me in the bedroom and begged me to fuck her. She expected me to not say anything to you, but I'm not stupid. I know where my loyalties lie." My eyes narrowed on Bekka with a smirk on my face. I folded my arms across my chest.

Bekka's eyes widened, and she turned to Cam, who had crushed the beer can in his hand. The liquid dripped down his knuckles before falling into a puddle on the floor.

He turned his head to her. "Oh, really? I thought we had moved past this, Bekka," he snarled with clenched fists. He was trying to control his anger.

Bekka stepped to him, her hands resting on the sides of his face. "Baby, we did. You know I wouldn't do that to you. It's obvious he's lying," she said, looking towards me.

Cam shook his head. "No, he's not. Spence has no reason to lie to me. So, I suggest you get the fuck out of my house for good this time, Bekka. I don't want to see you here again."

She let out a loud breath, giving me a deadly glare before stomping to the front door. She slammed it shut behind her.

I turned back to Cam, who had tossed the can in the trash and was currently wiping up his mess with a towel.

"I'm sorry, Cam. I had to tell you. You deserve someone better than that."

He chuckled as he stood up and tossed the towel in the trash before turning to wash his hands. "It's fine, Spence. I'm glad you told me. She was on her second chance anyway." He shrugged his large shoulders.

I shook my head. "Damn, two chances."

He smiled at me. "I do think I need another drink, though. You want one?"

"No. I'm good, bro. I think I'm going to head home. I appreciate everything, Cam. I needed tonight to clear my head. Thanks for listening," I said as I held my hand out to him.

He shook it firmly. "No problem, my guy. As I said, you're always welcome here. If you ever need anything, the door is always open." He popped open another beer. "Grab one of the guns out of the safe by the door before you go. I don't want you to leave unarmed."

"Thanks, Cam," I called over my shoulder as I entered the living room. The large gun safe sat directly beside the metal door and was left ajar. Pulling it open, my eyes widened at the small arsenal of weapons it contained.

There were pistols, submachine guns, shotguns, and assault rifles. Most were just black or silver while others were etched with gold and diamonds. The ornate ones were gifts from the cartel in Mexico, signifying good status. My eyes were drawn to a small, black semi-automatic pistol. It was simple, but deadly. I checked to make sure there was a full clip of bullets in the chamber before I closed the safe.

A thundering sound echoed in the alley as I pulled open the large metal door, leaving the warmth of the Northside behind. The snow had started sticking to the ground. It coated it in a soft, white powder. I shivered as the chilly wind that rushed through the alley, whistling in my ears. My fingers welcomed the warmth of my pockets as I walked, keeping my head low.

The snow swirled in the air much like my thoughts swirled in my mind. My life was going to change after tonight, and I was going to make sure of it.

As I reached the sidewalk, the street was barren except for a single car. The headlights grew brighter and brighter at an increasing speed. I was glad I had time to sober up because I was coherent enough to recognize the long barrel of a gun hanging out the passenger's side.

My eyes widened, and my breath caught in my throat. I ducked behind a small mailbox that lined the road. The assailant held the trigger to the semi-automatic weapon and sent a wave of bullets into the mailbox and the windows of the buildings behind me.

I flung my arms up to protect my head. After the shots subsided, I staggered to my feet and fired two shots at the car. The bullets broke through the rear window of the car, shattering the glass. There was a sharp squeal of tires against the slick pavement, and then the car was gone. It was dangerous to be out in the city after dark. A majority of Chicago's murders occurred after the sunset because that's when the monsters come out. A deep breath escaped my lips as I shuffled around behind the mailbox. There was a stinging pain on my arm that the adrenaline rush had hid during the action. A bullet had grazed me, and blood soaked my jacket. My breathing was uneven, and I winced in pain. It wasn't a fatal wound. I was thankful for that.

Once my gun was unloaded and stashed back in my jacket pocket, I hurried across the street into the park. There was no need to waste time in case the shooters decided to turn around for a second attack. As I passed Adrienne's apartment, I kept my eyes down. I tried my best to not think of her, but it was impossible. I feared for her. She was a recovering addict who was left alone. Would that loneliness drive her back to the chemical that eased the pain? Adrienne struggled with demons that were unknown to me, and as much as I wanted to save her, I was helpless. I had pushed her away when she needed me the most. The fire burned inside my chest stronger than before. I would change for her. That was a promise I made to myself.

Eventually, I reached my house and scaled the fire escape to avoid a confrontation with my drunk father. Slipping into my bedroom window, I fell onto the floor. My hands slid around beneath my bed until my fingers fumbled upon the first aid kit. I grimached as I wrapped my wound and leaned my head back against my bed. As I stared up at the ceiling, a heavy sigh escaped my lips. I ran a hand through my hair. There was an uneasiness in the pit of my stomach as I thought about returning to the Southside and facing Cayden. My chest tightened. For the first time in my life, I didn't have my next step planned out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.5K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
207 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
3.1M 138K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
36K 1.4K 24
Redeeming love. It's the story of one girl name Adrienne Nelson who try to find her happiness. She never know who is her mother is because it's only...