Strangers With Memories [Dara...

By colouredrainbows

Jiyong suddenly disappeared from Dara's life one night. Five years later, he's now back... but he doesn't rem... More

{ prologue }
{ 01 }
{ 02 }
{ 03 }
{ 04 }
{ 05 }
{ 06 }
{ 07 }
{ 08 }
{ 09 }
{ 10 }
{ 11 }
{ 13 }
{ 14 }
{ 15 }
{ 16 }
{ 17 }
{ 18 }
{ 19 }
{ 20 }
{ 21 }
{ 22 }
{ 23 }
{ 24 }
{ 25 }
{ 26 }
{ 27 }
{ 28 }
{ 29 }
{ 30 }
{ 31 }
{ 32 }
{ 33 }
{ 34 }
{ 35 }
{ 36 }
{ 37 }
{ 38 }
{ 39 }
{ 40 }
{ 41 }
{ 42 }
{ 43 }
{ 44 }
{ epilogue }

{ 12 }

7.7K 167 19
By colouredrainbows

{ 12 }

Dara closed her eyes, took a very deep breath, and counted one to ten before opening her eyes. She still saw the crazy jerk who acted like they were close in front of her. “Now, Mr. Kwon, I’m trying to be a rational adult here. Why did you what you did?”

Jiyong only shrugged and diverted his eyes. “Just… because.”

She felt that her head will pop because of the stupid dragon in front of her. “Just because?!” She shrieked. “Are you really Asia’s number one businessman or Donghae was just trolling me?!”

Jiyong’s eyes were instantly on hers. He grabbed Dara’s hand roughly. “Donghae? Who’s that guy? A stupid wimp?!”

Staring at Jiyong now, Dara couldn’t help but think of the old Jiyong– the one who was her boyfriend. I wonder if Ji did forget everything about me. The way he acts right now that I mentioned some other dude, he was still like before. Just like the time when Taehwan helped me with my homework and the Kwonzilla just had to make an appearance. She sighed. Or maybe it was just Kwon Jiyong. His crazy episodes are what makes him Kwon Jiyong.

“What huh?! Fucking answer me, dammit!” Jiyong cursed.

She tried to get her hand back but Jiyong had no intention of releasing it. He kept his burning gaze on her. “Stop it! Seriously Jiyong, you’re getting annoying! You haven’t met me in five years and now you’re barging in my life like the Kwonzilla that you are?!” She harshly tugged her hand away from him. “God, Ji, stop ruining my life!”

“Kwon… zilla?” He repeated like a parrot. He then felt the same dizziness he had when they were in his office the last time and he groaned as he closed his eyes.

“Bommie noona! Tabi hyung! Bae! Help meeeeeee!!!” Jiyong asked desperately. “That girl’s not talking to me again!”

Youngbae made a disapproving noise. “Jesus, Jiyong, get a life!”

“Bae’s right! You keep calling us for a meeting just because Dara hates your guts right now!” Bom added.

“Yah! We’re friends, right?!” He shouted at them.

“You don’t even tell us where your house is!” Bom shot back.

Jiyong instantly felt uncomfortable at the topic Bom was pointing at. He quickly shut his mouth and averted his eyes. TOP lightly slapped Bom’s arm. “Ouch! What was that for?!”

“Didn’t Dee noona already tell you to let that go?! Really, Park Bom…” TOP clicked his tongue in annoyance. “But Ji, what happened? I thought you guys resolved Case #89 already?”

Involuntarily, all of them laughed at what TOP said. He was pertaining to the number of times that Dara got hit on and Jiyong unleashing his inner Kwonzilla. And yes, it is the 89th time that this happened. “Aish. She told me she’s punishing me because I unleashed Kwonzilla again!”

“Ji? What’s wrong? Is your head aching again?!” Dara worried as she held Jiyong’s hand for support. She saw him become like this too when they were in his office. Could it be one of his episodes?

After a minute, Jiyong breathed heavily before opening his eyes. He turned and saw the sincere worry on Dara’s eyes. Somehow, the girl’s sincerity tugged his heart. He smiled a little. A real smile, not a smirk or an upturn of a side of his lip, but a pure smile. “I’m better now. Thanks.”

“Did you remember something?” She questioned.

Jiyong nodded. “Yeah. It was a time when I was talking to TOP hyung, Bom noona and Bae about you punishing me because I became Kwonzilla again.”

Dara smiled, reminiscing the memory. She had lost count of how many times that happened, but she bet that their three friends still know how many “cases” happened.

“Dara…” She froze. It was the first time that Jiyong called out his name again. The last time, he kept on calling her “Ms. Park” that it just ticked her off and she ran away from him.

“Were we really just friends?” He seriously asked.

She stiffened. She doesn’t know how she will respond to that question. Truthfully, she doesn’t want to make Jiyong confused anymore. Seeing how he treated them all to dinner to a very expensive restaurant, she only saw another barrier about hers and Jiyong’s world. She did her best to put on a confident smile. “Of course, Jiyong. We were friends.”

He intently looked at her, as if searching her for more truth, but she averted her gaze. “No, don’t lie to me, Dara. Memories… All the memories I’ve been recalling about us… We weren’t just friends, Dara! We’re more, something more than that!” Jiyong infuriatingly stated.

That was when Dara’s tears freely fell. Jiyong looked surprised when she suddenly cried. “Jiyong-ah… Why? Why do you keep on insisting it? I don’t want to ruin your life. We’re too different now, Ji. We were different before, but the only reason we became together was because you hid the truth. Now… The present is what’s different, Jiyong. You are clearly someone more. Don’t bother looking for the memories now, Ji. Let sleeping dogs lie. Just let me belong to some forgotten past. Go on with your life. You were great in the last five years. Stay that way.”

Dara was about to walk away from him but he only held her hand tighter. His free hand held her face. “Dara, I want you to understand that I’m not trying to remember our memories because I want to get back together with you. I only want to remember it because I hate feeling like I’m being kept in the dark, and me not recognizing a shit about you exactly feels like that. And if you’re really concerned about me… Help me. Help me regain my memory. That way, I’ll be out of your life in no time and we won’t be seeing each other again.”

Dara couldn’t speak. What Jiyong said was exactly what she wants to happen, except the part where he recovers his memory. But then, what difference would it make? It’s not as if a bunch of good memories would make him love her again. Besides, he was just being Kwon Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong hates feeling inferior, that’s why he’s making a move to change that. And by the time that she has served her purpose in Jiyong’s life, they won’t be seeing each other again.

She doesn’t understand why she feels like shit even though their end game was the way she wants it. She’s still in love with Kwon Jiyong, and if this was the way to stay in his life even just for a few weeks… she’ll gladly do it. Even though it meant that she might get hurt again, she will do it.

“I’ll help you, Jiyong.”

--

Jiyong took Dara home that night. No one uttered a word other than the occasional directions to her house. “Thank you for driving me home, Ji.” Dara told him before getting off his car.

After securing that Dara was already safe and sound inside her apartment, Jiyong drove his Lamborghini towards his penthouse unit.

He was lying in bed, thinking about his deal with Park Sandara. If he would piece all of the new memories he remembered together with the ones which he thought were dreams before, it would be too easy to conclude that Dara and him were not just friends. Every single one of their memories spoke volumes, especially about him being crazy in love with the girl. It was weird to think of himself like that, following a girl like a puppy.

Him, the great Kwon Jiyong, was actually just a lovesick fool who was totally crazy about a girl whom he doesn’t remember now. He shook his head at the bitter irony. The person whom he loved the most was now the one whom he had forgotten. What a sick joke.

The truth was, he himself doesn’t understand why he did that to Park Dara a while ago in the banquet hall. When he saw her there, sitting alone, he just allowed his body to move without thinking first. Because that scene felt too familiar.

The accident five years ago was no joke. He totally had no idea what happened, all he remembered was that he was feeling extremely sleepy that time and he was on the driver’s seat of his car. He was a meter away from a cliff and he tried stopping the car but before he could do anything else, he already felt that he fell off.

He stayed for a month in the hospital. His mother, who was then very sad and burdened since his father who was already sick died days after receiving the news of his fatal accident, decided to move to US for a while with him and Yuri. After his recovery, he continued his classes and pursued his master’s degree while handling the Kwon Group of Companies. His mother often tells him to take a break and stop working too hard but he inwardly made a promise to his deceased father that he will forever take care of his mom and Yuri.

He grabbed his phone and sent a text message to Dara.

To: Park Sandara

Meet me at the Yuri Mall at 3.

They might as well start something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 1.1K 41
Sandara or Dara is nearing her 30th year. She's the stereotypical never been kissed, no boyfriend since birth, himono-onna. She's brilliant at work...
4.8K 71 5
Ji Yong and Dara we're close friends when they are young, but Ji Yong has a secret crush on Dara that no one knows but him. It is hard for Ji Yong to...
223K 6.9K 58
She's been watching over him ever since they were little. She knows a lot about him. She understands what he's been through that caused him to be wha...
57.2K 1.4K 85
G-Dragon is a vicious; deadly, ruthless gang member, next in line for the leader position. Jiyong is a 23 year old man with a mental capacity of a fi...