CONNECTED

By JarriaJelese

Nicole and Tae are closer than ever; Nicole's spa is really taking off while Tae thinks about finally throwin... More

1.
2.
3.1
3.2
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.1
51.2
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.

23.

520 15 5
By JarriaJelese

Mila.

"Bout time you made it back!" I ran down the stairs two at a time, carrying Sunny's baby monitor in my hand. "I've been calling you!"

I seen him roll his eyes as he took his keys out the door. "I know Mi Mi."

"Why the fuck weren't you answering my calls?" I looked down at the Mic box he had in his hand. "Did you get our daughter diapers like I told you?"

He shook his head "I-I forgot"

"Oh you forgot but you remembered to buy a stupid ass mic?"

"Don't call it stupid."

I looked at him like he was the stupid one. "Marcus you leave me to raise our daughter like I'm a single mom." I said causing him to smack his lips. He walked outta my face, going upstairs with me right behind him. "You care about your rap career more than you do about Sunny."

"Whatever Mi Mi" He sighed throwing his keys on his nightstand. "I just made it home and you tryna argue."

"Nigga this is not your house!" I reminded him. "You share a home with your brother."

He stripped out of his clothes. "Alright Mila"

I stood in silence, watching him get comfortable in my bed. "You don't even care enough to go kiss your daughter goodnight before you get in the bed?"

He sighed dramatically. "I'm tired Mila, please be quiet." He turned on his side. "Turn the light off."

"I might as well had a baby by myself."

"Well we both never wanted kids, what do you expect?"

I couldn't believe he had the nerve. "What is that suppose to mean? She's here now and I would take back every negative thing I said about her if I could, you wouldn't?"

"Mila leave me alone."

I stared at him for a couple minutes before leaving out the room, closing the door behind me. I would've slammed it but Sunny was down for the night and I didn't wanna risk her waking up. I went downstairs, into my smoke room. It was by far my favorite room in my house.

I sighed, grabbing my weed jar along with a pack of Backwoods. "Who to call?" I asked myself out loud, unlocking my phone. I went to my FaceTime log, scrolling through the different contacts. Nicole's name popped up and I immediately wanted to call her but decided against it. I hadn't seen her since we met her and Tae at the hospital and that was days ago. I was one of those people who didn't handle death well- especially sudden, and I honestly just had my own shit spiraling out of control.

Korea and Julio were still out of the Country, Maurice didn't smoke and she got on my nerves, Leslie and I never hung out by ourselves, and I damn sure wasn't inviting Marcus to smoke my weed so that only left Tae.

He answered my call, looked in the camera, and then threw his phone down. I laughed, looking at the black screen. "Tae!" I yelled his name.

"What do you want nigga? Why you calling me?" He picked his phone back up. I seen him walking around the house.

"You rude ass bitch" He flipped me off. "What are y'all doing?"

"Nothing, I just put my kids to bed. Nicole in the shower."

"How is she?"

He shook his head, scratching it. "Still the same, blaming herself and not eating." From the look on his face I knew he was pretty down himself.

"Fuck, I'm sorry I-"

"We straight, we don't need y'all at our house everyday anyway."

I mugged him. "How you know that's what I was gonna say? Big ugly ass self swear you can read minds." We both laughed and it made me feel good that I was able to turn his mood around.

"Nigga what did you call me for?"

"Oh yeah" I leaned over the arm of my couch, grabbing my weed and woods. "You and Nicole wanna come over and smoke?" I danced around, smiling. I loved weed.

"It's past nine so no." He held a jug of Fruit Punch up to his mouth.

"Awww when did you become such a old ass man?" I scrunched my face up as he laughed, wiping juice from his face. "Niggas bout to turn twenty-nine this year and wanna start acting like a Grandpa already." I messed with him. Tae's birthday was two days after Christmas, which was right around the corner.

"Fuck you bro, I'm not acting old. We got kids and that includes you."

"Maurice lives right down the street from y'all." I reminded him. "I'm sure she won't mind coming over to watch Taejin and Troi for a couple hours. You guys need this smoke session."

"You a feen."

"Go to hell. Y'all coming?"

"Marcus over there?"

I rolled my eyes, smacking my lips. "Yeah his deadbeat ass upstairs."

"Oh shit I shouldn't have asked." He laughed it off. "I guess I can come smoke a couple with y'all."

"You'll get my sis to come over too?"

"I doubt she'll want to Mila, but I'll try."

"Alright" I got out my tray, scissors, and grinder preparing to roll all five blunts. "You bringing some to match?"

"Hell nah nigga, you the one inviting us." He hung up in my face.

About an hour passed before I heard knocks at the front door. "I already smoked one-" I cut myself off seeing not only Tae and Nicole but Maurice and Leslie as well. "What are y'all doing here? If I'm remembering correctly, I only invited Tae and Nicole.

Maurice passed me, walking into my house. "Oh whatever. When Tae called me, Leslie was over and she wanted to come." We all went into my smoke room. "That's the only reason I'm here."

"I brought gifts." Leslie sat two baggies of weed on the table along with multiple packs of Dutches.

"You finally stopped buying them Swishers huh?" Tae asked, glancing up at her. He had already started his rolling. Leslie always had good weed, but she only smoked lame ass Swisher Sweets.

"I got tired of y'all clowning me." She sat beside him.

"Them shits burn way too fast."

"I thought you weren't contributing?" I pointed at all his supplies.

"I had this shit in my car so you lucky."

I went ahead and cut some music on before taking my seat in between Maurice and Nicole, earning a lip smack from Maurice. "I know you seen us talking."

I ignored her "I'm sorry I haven't really been there for you." I hugged Nicole. "I don't really know what to say but I love you and that's why I invited y'all to smoke up my weed."

She gave me a small smile. "Thank you sis, I love you more." She moved her ponytail to the side. Although she was in the dumps, she didn't look like it. She had on a matching black Chanel jogging set, some black Chanel slides, and a big pair of black Chanel shades on her face.

"Where y'all take the kids since dumb and dumber invited themselves?"

She chuckled "Ms. Karen's"

"Of course, that lady loves being a Grandma." I thought about how helpful she was with Sunny. My Mom and I had a decent relationship and she helped when she could, but we lived in two completely different worlds. She worked harder than anybody I knew and took pride in it while I was the complete opposite. She was content with living a regular live, working paycheck to paycheck, I however, preferred to be kept.

"Ok mine rolled." Tae announced standing up to dust his Gucci sweats off. "Baby you got that lighter out the car?" She took it out of her purse and handed it to him. "Thank you"

"You're welcome Bae." I noticed her blushing. I wanted to blush my damn self, I was so happy they were back to being the Tae and Nicole I loved; unfortunately it just took something tragic to make it happen.

Ten blunts later, we found ourselves high as hell raiding my kitchen. "G I'm high as fuck!" Leslie busted out laughing causing us to laugh too. "I swear my heart stopped beating bout four blunts ago."

"Be quiet before you wake up Sunny." I had lost count of how many times I had told her that. I looked down at the baby monitor seeing Sunny still knocked out in her crib.

"I think I got a secondhand high." Maurice palmed her forehead. She was sitting on one of the stools at the Island while Tae occupied the other one with Nicole in his lap. "Y'all smell so bad too; like a bunch of herbs."

"Good herbs!" I kicked my feet up on my coffee table.

"Do y'all want a real meal? I do." Nicole raised her head off Tae. "Mila do you have anything I can cook?" She stood up, going over to my refrigerator opening the freezer.

"Chicken Tenders"

They all started complaining and mumbling shit under their breath. "That's all you eat." Maurice whined.

"Take it or leave it." I flipped them all off. "Or you guys can always go buy something to eat."

"I got it." Leslie sucked Cheeto dust off her fingers before standing up. "I'll whip up something real quick."

Nicole threw her hands up in surrender. "Take over then Chef Leslie." She sat sideways on Tae's lap, wrapping her arm around his neck. "I hope you wash your hands first though because I seen what you just did." Maurice and I laughed.

"Duh ima wash my hands ugly." She rolled her sleeves up, picking up my Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom hand soap. "Mila you too basic with your scents man. You gotta go get this soap from Sephora."

"Sephora sales hand soap?"

"Yeah" She nodded. "Shit crazy, I know but Eve put me on bout a year ago and I haven't stopped buying it since. Shit like seventy-five dollars though."

"A year ago we were still together." Maurice looked at her funny. "You didn't tell me you and Eve knew each other when we were together."

"I told you we met in New York." Leslie cracked eggs into a bowl. "When I went back to visit."

"Oh wow, really? You definitely never mentioned meeting nobody named Eve when you came back."

Nicole looked at me while Tae high ass sneakily covered his mouth, glancing back and forth between Leslie and Maurice. "I thought she was from Chicago?" Maurice asked her.

"Nah" Leslie barely responded. "She moved out here once we started getting serious." She looked up from what she was doing. "Why all the questions Rice?" She furrowed her brows staring at her intently.

"I'm just trying to put this puzzle fully together." Maurice told her with attitude. "Obviously y'all were conversing while you and I were still together."

Leslie dropped the whisk. "Yes we were friends. That's what you wanna know? I wasn't cheating on you if that's what's in your head."

"Yeah right"

"I wasn't, but I had every right to." I bucked my eyes. "When I came back from New York you weren't the same. You weren't into the relationship anymore- everyday we grew further and further apart."

"That's why I ended it!" Maurice held her hands out.

"After two months of dragging me along while you were trying to figure out if you wanted me anymore or not."

"That's your fault if you took it personal."

"You're a Narcissist, Maurice."

"Whatever" Maurice stood up and pushed her stool in. "I'm leaving" She started looking through her fanny pack, soon realizing she didn't drive.

"You rode with me and I'm not leaving until I get a plate." Tae said bluntly.

"Well I'm going upstairs or something." She started for the stairs. "Let me know when the food done."

"Will do sis, can you check on Sunny?" I still was carrying her monitor around but I still wanted to make sure she was good.

"Yeah, Marcus sleep?"

"Yes and he shouldn't be." I rolled my eyes thinking about him. "I'm the one that does all the fucking work. I make the bottles, change all the diapers, tend to her every need- all he does is wash her fucking laundry!" I vented.

"Ok I'm gonna continue to head upstairs." Maurice jogged up them.

"He doesn't even try to be a Dad." I kept venting. "I'm so exhausted all the time, I think being tired has become part of my personality."

"Aw Mila" Nicole said sympathetically. "Why didn't you tell us it was that bad? You know Korea and I don't mind helping you out with Sunny."

"I don't mind either." Leslie offered her support. "I love the kids."

"You guys have your own lives."

"Well Tae will talk to him." He looked at her like she was stupid. "Won't you?"

"No" He looked in her eyes. "There's nothing I can say about that. Parenting should come natural and if it doesn't, then it just doesn't."

I agreed with him. "Exactly so I'm a single mom."

"A real nigga smelled that chicken in the air." I could've died hearing Marcus come down the stairs. "Woke me right on up." Everybody stayed silent. "What?" He looked at us funny. "Feels like y'all were talking about a nigga or something." He dapped Tae up. "What's up Brody?"

Tae snapped his fingers before placing his hand back on Nicole's thigh. "Chilling man, high as hell."

"Hi Marcus" Nicole pushed her shades up on her face as he hit at her leg.

My eyes stayed glued on his ugly ass as he started up a conversation with Leslie. His presence had blown my high and I wanted nothing more than for him to take his deadbeat ass back upstairs or to leave my house all together. I had made the mistake of giving him a key after her fucked me good one night; I was pregnant and horny at the time, but now the nigga made it his business to stay over every night. It'd be different if he was actually parenting his child but he wasn't.

"How y'all holding up?" He took Maurice's spot beside Tae. He had on a pair of black and gold Versace Boxers and his dreads were in a low ponytail hanging down his back. "I'm still deeply sorry for y'all losses man." He touched his chest.

"Thank you" Nicole kept her response simple while Tae dapped him up again. "Preciate that bro." Tae told him.

In less than thirty minutes Leslie had whipped up a pan of Chicken Stir-Fry and a homemade sauce. "That's all you gone eat baby?" Tae caught my attention causing me to look back at him and Nicole. I was standing behind Maurice at the stove, waiting for her to finish making her plate.

"Yes Tae" She moved her rice around. "I'm not that hungry anymore."

"You haven't ate all day, Nicole." He fussed at her, picking her plate up. "Ima just put a little bit more on here."

"I said I'm not hungry Tae." Her voice cracked indicating she was getting emotional. She lifted her shades, wiping her eyes. "I lost them." She looked up at him as her face fell. "I lost our babies, Tae." My heart broke all over again for her.

"Nicole-"

"I'm ready to go home." She cried, standing up and quickly gathering her things.

"We haven't ate ye-"

"Fuck the food, I'm ready to go now!" She raised her voice gaining the attention of everybody else. I was the only one being nosey. "I don't feel like being here anymore Tae! Please just take me home!" She squze her eyes shut, waving her hand at her side.

He took his keys out his pocket, handing them to her. "Ima just make a couple plates then we can leave, alright?" He kissed her forehead as she nodded. "I'm sorry I pushed you to come in the first place."

**********

Julio.

"Daddy I'm beat!" Cali fell on the couch as soon as we entered the room. We had just come from a full day of activities. After breakfast this morning, we went to the feminine ass Spa, Swimming, on a Tourist Tour, to the Monkey Forest, Swimming again, Shopping, and then to Dinner.

"Cali you know better than to lay on the couch dirty." Korea snapped her fingers for her to get up. "Straight to the shower, ma'am."

She hopped to her feet. "Ouuu can I run Cari's bath water?"

"Yes you can, thank you."

I took baby girl out of her stroller while Korea got her out some pajamas. "I'm bout tired as hell." I sparked up a conversation. We both had been at it all day.

"Me too" She held up one of Cari's pajama tops. "I haven't even had time to check on Nicole and Tae today."

My mind immediately drifted to the text I was suppose to be sending Koriyon. I noticed she texted me a few times throughout the day and I made a mental note to text her back later but I forgot.

"Yeah I need to do that too." I took my sneakers off, sitting them by the front door. "I'm really ready to go home now anyway."

"Why?"

"I'm tired of sleeping in these hotel beds and I ain't making no money out here anyway."

She smacked her lips. "This trip is for Cali, Julio."

"I know but that still don't change the fact that I ain't making no money while we here."

"Or you're just ready to get back to Koriyon." My mouth hung as I looked up at her; she smirked. "Your face is priceless every time I mention her name." She laughed.

"Because you catch me off guard with that shit." I told her. "I'm not worried about that woman, Korea."

"Let me see her"

"What?"

"Let me see her, Julio." She said it slowly so I really could understand what she was saying. "I'm sure you have pictures."

I had plenty but I didn't want her seeing none of them. "What you need to see her for?" I took off Cari's sandals to keep myself from having to look at her. "You seen her at Troi Troi party."

"Yeah but I didn't pay her any mind. I just wanna know what she looks like."

"Why?" I shot back. "Do I ask to see any of your lil bug-a-boo friends?" She laughed making me smirk, glancing up at her. Her smile made a nigga heart fill with butterflies.

"Why my friends gotta be all that?"

"Oh so you do got niggas?" I raised one of my brows. Korea was a beautiful ass woman and niggas knew she wasn't mine anymore so they figured she was open game. Little did they know I was itching to blow off any nigga head that got too close to her.

"I have.... friends." She shrugged.

"You fucking?"

"Julio!" She gasped. "Cari is right there on your lap and do you have to be so blunt?"

I rolled my eyes at her being so dramatic for no reason. "You see what she doing." I motioned to her watching a YouTube video on my phone. "I've been blunt since you've met me. I'm not changing. Answer the question."

"I don't think you wanna know." She broke my damn heart.

"What you mean you don't think I wanna know?" My feelings were deadass hurt. I couldn't believe this girl, sneaky ass motherfucker.

"Ok her water is ran." Cali stood in the bathroom doorway. "It's a little hot though so can I take her a bath when I get out the shower after the water cools down?" She asked while my eyes stayed on her mama.

"I know you did that on purpose but sure." Korea handed her a towel.

"I'm going outside." I stood up with an attitude, trying to quickly hand Cari over.

Korea held an amused expression on her face. "Julio I know you are not upset."

"You know I'm upset, nigga." I spat.

"Sit down, crybaby." She bit her lip to keep from laughing. "I was only playing with you."

I waited until Cali went back into the bathroom to respond. "You weren't no damn playing with me." I mugged her. "You probably let Montana bitch ass all up in there."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry" I apologize immediately. "That shit came off disrespectful but you know what I mean." I continued to mug her. "You know how I feel about you, Korea." I sighed.

"Yes I do, but whoever I decide to share my body with is none of your business."

"So you did fuck somebody?"

She laughed "No!"

I smacked my lips. "Quit playing all the time."

"Do I ask you about whatever you and Koriyon do?" She asked, opening up her makeup wipes.

"I'll drop her right now if you tell me to." I watched her wipe her face clean.

"That's sweet"

"You make me feel like some pathetic ass nigga."

I heard her chuckle. "Those aren't my intentions so I'm sorry."

"What you about to do?" I asked her as I quietly shut our room door behind me. Both of the girls were sleeping and snoring.

She was sitting on the couch with a menu in her hands. "About to order some ice cream from room service."

"Order me some too." I sat beside her, kicking my feet up on the coffee table. "Chocolate"

I waited until she was off the phone to start up a conversation, but she got right back on the phone with Nicole ass. They talked for damn near three hours before she told her she loved her and hung up.

"Damn took you long enough." I licked my fifth spoon clean. I had to order myself four more helpings of ice cream just so I could stay up and talk to her.

"You didn't have to wait for me." She yawned.

"I wanna talk to you."

"About?" She grabbed our empty bowls, taking them into the mini kitchen.

"About our situation, Korea." I seen her scoff. "Shit been on my mind since we got on the plane to get here, and I just need you to know the truth."

"The truth about what?" She looked irritated.

"About everything that went down."

"Look" She paused. "I'm sleepy and I really don't want to talk about something that happened over a year ago."

"I cheated on you with Joie over a year ago, but all that other shit only like seven months old."

"Way too old to still be discussed Julio."

"You need to know the truth."

"I don't because I don't care!" She raised her voice but quickly collected herself. "I don't know what type of weird closure you're trying to give me, but I don't need it Julio."

"Well I do." I admitted. "Gabi was never pregnant and I never stuck my dick in her in the first place." Her facial expression didn't change. "Real shit"

"Really?"

"You remember that morning after she dm'd you? You left me that dramatic ass goodbye letter?"

"Yes I remember"

"Well later that day I had a couple of my homegirls beat her ass to a pulp. She pissed on herself and they tested it for me."

"So she lied about being pregnant with your baby?"

"Hell yes, which I told your ass."

"That doesn't change the fact that you had her all in my face when you knew what she was up to."

"I know Ma and I'm sorry for that part." I genuinely apologized. She stood still, just looking at me. "I can own up to my shit. I did cheat on you and I did put my hands on you that time; I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart, Korea."

"Just because you're airing all your dirty laundry, doesn't mean we're getting back together."

I chuckled "Believe me, I know Ma." We stared at one another for a while. My heart dropped once I realized she was holding her arms out for a hug. "Come here" She walked towards me. "I forgive you so forgive yourself." She rubbed up and down my back.

I hesitantly wrapped my arms tightly around the small of her back, honestly nervous as hell to be so close to her. "You smell good." I damn near moaned in her ear.

I felt her laugh against me making me hold onto her tighter. "Thank you, you can let me go now."

"Aw shit, my bad Ma." I pulled away from her, still holding onto her hand.

"Friends?" She smiled up at me.

Friends my ass... I was never letting go of my hope. "Yeah, sure" I shrugged. "You and Montana fucked?"

She smacked her lips, shifting her weight from one side to the other. "How are you just gonna jump from one subject to the other?"

I sat back down on the couch, patting the empty space beside me. "You might as well sit down. We not going to sleep no time soon."

"Julio I'm not about to be up talking to you all night." She hugged her robe to her body. "I'm tired" She said but sat down anyway.

"We got a lot to catch up on." I leaned over, grabbing the menu again. I figured I might as well go ahead and order myself some breakfast.

"How when you won't even show me what Koriyon looks like?"

I sighed, unlocking my phone and going to my photos. "Here, damn" I threw it beside her.

"Awww, she's pretty."

"Shut up Korea"

"You took this?" She glanced at me before looking back down at the picture.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"I think you guys would be really cute together. I'm not even playing."

"Whatever man" I stood up looking around the living room. "Have you seen my weed?"

"Why do you try to downplay how you feel about her?" I rolled my eyes, starting to look for my shit. "If you like her then you just like her, Julio."

I ignored the bullshit she was talking, quietly going into the bedroom. Once I found my weed and woods, I stuffed a couple towels under the door to keep the smell out of the room. I could've went outside but I wanted to be around Korea, and I didn't wanna risk her being asleep by the time I came back in.

"Do you have feelings for her? Yes or no?"

"I care about shorty but I'm not tryna be with her." I answered her question as best as I could. "We just having a good time and when you ready to reconcile, I'll end it."

"Whatever Julio" She picked her phone up, holding it close to her face.

I licked my wood. "You asking me all this shit but still won't tell me what you been doing with that bitch ass nigga you call a friend."

"You're so rude. Whatever you think happened, didn't."

"Y'all didn't fuck?"

"No for the third time."

"He never even ate your pussy?"

"No" I nodded in approval. "I haven't done anything with anybody since the last time you and I had sex."

"Damn, seven months?" I was surprised but I should've known knowing her. I had gotten head from too many women to count since then and now I was fucking on Koriyon.

"Sadly" She turned on the tv.

I licked my lips, thinking. "Hear me out, Ma." I said after a while. "Let me help you."

"What?" She looked at me funny. "Help me out with what? I'm not having sex with you, Julio."

"Duh, I know that but you need some type of release Korea. I didn't notice it but now that you said you ain't been fucked in seven months-" I cut myself off. "I definitely can tell."

"I manage, I don't need your help."

"I was just throwing it out there." I lit my Backwood, inhaling a couple times.

She went back to watching tv while I scrolled through Instagram, smoking. "What did you have in mind? Head?" I looked down at her hand on my shoulder then back up to her face.

"Y-yeah" I stuttered.

"Ok but just this once, ok?" She laid back and lifted her robe. My mouth instantly began to water. "Agreed?"

I couldn't break my eyes away from her pussy. "You sure you wanna do this?" I wanted to make sure before I stuck my tongue all in her insides.

She had her arm thrown over her eyes. "Yes I'm sure and please don't make it so awkward."

"Heard you." I quickly put my blunt out.

"Wait!" She pushed at my head just as I was about to dive in her shit. "What about Koriyon? Won't she feel some type of way?"

"Hell no and even if she does, I don't give a fuck."

"Julio no then because I don't wanna ca- Oouuuu Julioooo." I lifted her left leg to give myself full access. "Here Ma, you too loud." I handed her a pillow.

********

"Mommy are your legs hurting or something? Why you walking like that?" Cali swung my hand back and forth. I bust out laughing while Korea stopped in her tracks. She was pushing Cari's stroller ahead of us.

Today was our fifth day in Bali and Cali wanted to start the day off with the Zoo. "I'm a little sore, baby." Korea answered her.

"From swimming yesterday or from all that walking?" Korea and I made eye contact.

"Yes" She lied. "Be quiet and take my pictures Mr. Funny Guy." She slapped her phone into my chest before handing Cari's stroller over to Cali. "I look good?"

"As fuck" I squatted as low as I could so I could get the angles she liked.

"When you gone stop wearing that weak ass shit and start wearing the chain I got you?" I handed her her phone back.

"The one you bought me is more for special occasions." She flipped her hair over her shoulder. "This one I can wear everyday and I don't gotta worry bout nobody tryna rob me."

"Exactly" She hit me once she realized what I was tryna say. "Shit look like he got it out the bubblegum machine."

"I like it a lot Julio and you don't have to be so rude."

"I like it a lot Julio and you don't have to be so rude." I mocked her and her voice. "I'm not tryna be rude but you know that shit true."

She waved me off "Bye"

We went to see the Parrots, Tigers, Flamingos, Hippos, and all the fish before Cali finally wanted to take a break. I spotted a little bench and sat down as fast as I could, swiping sweat from my forehead. "Fuck" I fanned myself. I wasn't used to the heat and this Bali heat was something crucial.

"You hot Daddy? Cali fucked with me knowing damn well I was hot. She smacked away in my ear. "You look like you're about to pass out."

"Get the hell away from me." I spoke with my head down, wiping the back of my neck with the small towel I had.

She laughed "You want some?" She held out her cup of fruit Korea had gotten her.

I shook my head. "Mangoes nasty"

"Julio, come on." I felt Korea's presence beside me. "We still have a lot of animals to see and I wanna make it back to the Resort before five."

I used the little strength I had left to look at her upside her head. "Nigga is you crazy?" She smacked her lips. "We suppose to be taking a break and you talking about come on." I put my head back down. "I'm bout to fucking die!" I felt myself becoming frustrated. I hated being hot.

"Look at me"

"What?"

She lifted her shades, getting a good look at my face. "You're dehydrated, I told you to drink plenty of water before we came." She sat by me, pulling Cari's stroller towards her. She got out three bottles of water. "Here, drink them all."

"I don't want no water."

"It's not an option. Cali, give your Daddy some of your fruit to help him feel better."

"You know I don't eat that shit."

She gave me a look, daring me to say something else. I ate a couple pieces of Mango against my will and downed all my water. "I don't know why you refuse to listen to anybody." She allowed me to lay my head on her shoulder. "Now look at you, sick in Bali."

"A real nigga just got overheated, that's all."

"No" She disagreed. "A real nigga is dehydrated and needs to start eating more fruits and vegetables. You should start coming over for dinner." She suggested. "I make sure to eat as clean as possible."

"Exactly why nobody likes your cooking besides when you make Breakfast. If I could change one thing about you that's what it would be." My head soon hit the hard wood on the bottom of the bench. My body was still weak so it took me a while to get myself together, but once I did, I seen Korea booking it through the Zoo with Cali running close behind her.

I had put my foot in my mouth once again and pissed her off.

*********

Tae.

"This shit is burning Nicole, take it off me." I demanded. She had woke me up in the middle of the night wanting to do face mask.

"Hold on Baby, ten more minutes."

I opened my eyes. "Ten more minutes? Man take this shit off me now. This yours?" I knew she was working towards putting out a new line of skincare products.

"Yes, I had my Chemist give me a sample of different masks a couple weeks ago. This one you're suppose to wear while you're in the shower."

"Yet here I am on the toilet seat." She laughed causing me to laugh with her. "Take this shit off me Bae, damn!" I complained, feeling the burn again.

"You only have nine minutes left now." Our eyes met through my mirror. We deadass were up doing face masks at five in the morning. She stood on her tippy toes, leaning as close to the mirror as she could. "Oooo this one might be my favorite. You wanna know what it's called?"

"What's it called Baby?" I really didn't care but she was gonna tell me anyway.

"Pink Passion"

"That sound like a sex toy, Nicole."

"Well Ray was the one that came up with it so." She shrugged.

She was in a really good mood right now but I knew it wouldn't last long. She was going through emotional spurts.... One minute she'd be fine, talking to me and playing with the kids, and the next- she'd be crying, blaming herself, and telling me how sorry she is for what happened.

Right now my focus was on her, so I hadn't had time to really sit and think about our losses. She needed my shoulder way more than I needed hers.

"What's the one you put on me called?"

"I don't know yet. Any suggestions?" She glanced back at me before going back to putting on her mask.

"I say don't sale this shit at all." I was always going to give her my honest opinion whether if it was personal or dealing with her business.

"It's suppose to be like Noxzema, Tae."

"Well this formula not gone work. It's horrible and my skin feels like it's gonna wash off in the sink with it."

"In that case, wash your face now." She moved to the side. "Pat dry, Tae." She told me as I wiped water from my face. "Never rub"

"What else?" I looked at her through the mirror. We held eye contact for a second until she dropped her head, crying.

I simply pulled her into me, not caring that a bunch of pink shit was now on my chest. "I'm sorry" She held onto me. "It's just... I'm sure our boys would've looked like you." She started crying harder. "Or-or maybe one would've looked like me and one like you, but now we'll never know because I lost them."

"You gotta stop beating yourself up, Bae. Nobody blames you but you." I rubbed up and down her back. "It wasn't your fault."

"You keeping saying that but it was my fault, Tae." She stressed to me. "My body rejected the pregnancy."

"That was out of your control."

"Yeah but I could've done something." She continued to cry.

"You couldn't have done anything to save them Nicole." Her body tensed up against mine. "You remember what the Doctor said?" There was nothing they could have done either. It honestly was just fate.

"Yes" She sniffed. "I wanted them Tae." She brung tears to my eyes. "I know I was selfish as first, but I really wanted them."

Fuck it

I allowed myself to free my emotions. "I know you wanted them too, Baby." Nicole wiped my tears. We stood in the middle of my bathroom, holding and crying onto one another.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 534 35
One is deeply in love while the other cannot return the same feelings. Well until faith plays it's role. × × [Contains Mature Contents and explicit s...
8.2K 1.1K 37
"Korea's famed novelist J.JK is currently facing backlash for his stories, with some claiming that he has lost his touch-" J.JK or otherwise known as...
378K 19.9K 96
All the cameras in the world can't capture how breathtaking she is and I'm selfish enough to keep that image locked up in my mind where no one else o...
293K 11.6K 50
Jungkook's past pulled them together like two magnet ! And - Taehyung's past pushed them apart from each other like two different site of a magnet...