Never Forget Us

By sierranicolee

More

Never Forget Us
You're Leaving?
New Roommate
Uh-Oh
Jealousy
Distance
Loss
Tour

Pool Party

60 3 0
By sierranicolee

Niall’s POV:

“Hello,” he smiled and laid his suitcase on the same bed as mine. “You want this side?”

“Well, I figured that you would want the bed by the balcony.” I answered quietly.

“I’d rather have the bed closer to the bathroom.” He laughed and shoved his phone into his pocket.

“Alright, that’s fine, I don’t really mind.” I laughed back and pulled my suitcase off his bed and onto mine.

“So, what’s your name?” he asked, unzipping his suitcase.

“Niall, Niall Horan.”

“I’m Liam Payne, this is my second time on X-Factor. Two years ago I auditioned and I made it to the judge’s houses.” He smiled and started filling his clothes into his dresser.

“That’s… Nerve racking, eh?” I laughed and sat down on my bed.

“I guess,” he nodded and unzipped his jacket. “I just know what to expect now.”

“That’s good.” I mumbled, Liam was a very confident, happy person. “If you don’t mind I’m going out on the balcony to make a phone call.”

“Go for it.” He nodded towards the sliding glass doors and continued what he was doing. I stepped out onto the balcony and pulled out my phone.

‘Hey Nialler,’ Shay said.

‘Hey baby.’ I smiled and looked across the land.

‘How’s your room?’

‘It’s good, I just met my roommate, and he seems nice.’

‘That’s good.’

‘So, have you met anyone else?’ she asked quietly.

‘Ehh, I haven’t been out so no.’ I lied; I didn’t want to tell her about Lily, I didn’t want her to freak out.

‘That’s too bad, babe I have to go actually, your mom is going to be here soon. I was in the middle of packing when you called.’ I could tell her was smiling.

‘Okay, love. Have fun.’ I laughed and hung up. I walked back into the room and Liam was on his phone.

“So later, around nine all the guys go out to the pool, the girls swim. It’s really fun, I’m going, and you’re welcome too.”

“Alright mate,” I smiled and ran my fingers through my hair. “Sounds good.”

I decided to go across the hall and ask Lily if she would like to go to the pool party with me. I walked out of my room and into the hallway. I looked around before walking to Lily’s door and knocking on it a few times. Soon, Lily swung the door opened and smiled widely at me.

“Hey you.” She smiled and leaned against the doorframe.

“Hey,” I smiled back and cocked my head at her. “Do you want to, uh, come to the pool party with me… Well with us… Everyone is… A lot of people are going.” I explained roughly, I never really asked girls out, Shay was the only girl around town I really talked to.

“Yeah, of course I’d love to go with… everyone.” She cocked her head and bit her lip.

“Awesome.” I nearly whispered. “I’ll come get you around eight forty-five.”

“Sounds good, see you then, cutie.” She smiled largely and backed into her room. She nodded before closing the door. I put my face in my head and exhaled shakily. I slightly smiled before walking back into Liam and I’s room.

“How’d it go?” he smiled at me.

“Wh-what do you mean?” I furrowed my eyebrows and ran my hand through my brownish hair.

“You were a little bit rusty out there, mate.” He laughed and pulled his shirt off, I instantly felt self-conscious. He was very muscular; he had sculpted abs and large biceps.

“Yeah, I uh… I just got out of a relationship.” I lied, nodding.

“I see me too.” He looked down. “She… She cheated on me.”

“I’m sorry, lad.” I looked down and shook my head.

“It’s not your fault.” He laughed and grabbed a pair of swim shorts from his suitcase. He walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I sighed and sat down on my bed, I pulled out my phone and looked at the time, seven twenty-three. I let out another shaky breath and bit my lip. As much as I loved Shay, she wasn’t my girlfriend, nor would she ever be. Shay and I were best friends, nothing more. Liam came out of the bathroom and scratched his forehead. I stood up and grabbed my own swimmers and walked into the bathroom with them in hand. I quickly changed and walked back out, I felt like a little boy compared to Liam. I needed to hit the gym. When eight-thirty finally rolled around Liam and I stepped into the hallway, basically everyone was in their swimwear and headed downstairs. Liam waited for me while I knocked on Lily’s door; she eventually answered and smiled largely at me. I nodded at Liam and he walked off with someone else.

“Hey mister.” she said as her plump lips formed into a smile, revealing her straight white teeth and shallow dimples.

“Hello gorgeous.” I let out a low laugh looked at her while we walked. Her curled auburn hair bounced lightly as she walked. Her light brown eyes met mine every time she laughed. Lily was my ideal girl, she had an amazing sense of humor and she wasn’t afraid to say what she was thinking.

“So, here we are.” She smiled as her arms crossed over her revealing bikini top.

“Yeah, what do you want to do, love?” I smiled and softly grabbed her hand. She looked up at me and laid her head on my shoulder.

“Well, it looks to me like you want to take a dip.” She smiled and before I could comprehend to what she was talking about I was in the pool. I swam to the surface and looked up at her, she was in hysterical laughter. I shook the water from my hair and smiled up at her. She was so beautiful.

“You’re in for it now.” I laughed and jumped out of the pool, she shrieked and ran away laughing. I ran after her and grabbed around her waist, she stopped squirming and looked up at me.

“Please don’t.” she smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“What do I get?” I smiled and slowly backed towards the pool.

“This.” She whispered and pressed her lips to mine softly. I pulled back after a few seconds and ran my tongue over my right canine tooth. She slightly smiled and pressed her lips to mine again. This time she pulled back and rested her forehead on mine. “Thank you for not pushing me in.”

“Mm, you’re welcome.” I bit the inside of my cheek and she ran her hands over my wet back and never stopped smiling.

Shay’s POV:

“That’s the last of it.” I smiled at Maura and gestured to all my bags in her trunk.

“Perfect, let’s get home love.” She smiled back and patted my shoulder before heading towards the driver’s seat. I walked to my side of the car and slipped in.

“So, how’re you doing? With Niall being gone?” she asked quietly.

“I’m… I think that I’ll be better living with you now. You’re like the mother I never had. You’ve always been here for me.” My lips slightly curled into a smile.

“Good,” she nodded and gripped onto the steering wheel.

“Thank you again, for everything you do for me.” I swallowed hard and bit my lip.

“Of course, hun. Anything for my baby’s first love.” She nodded and smiled at me.

“He told you that?” I smiled largely.

“He tells me how much he loves you all the time, Shay.”

“I really love him.” I was smiling uncontrollably.

“I know, I can see it, just in the way you look at each other.”

I merely nodded, we were silent the rest of the way home. When we arrived at Niall’s house Maura and I grabbed all of my bags and carried them inside. We carried them up to Niall’s room, the one I would be staying in until I was able to find somewhere else to go. I placed my bags on the floor, as did Maura.

“I’ll be down the hall preparing dinner if you need anything.” She smiled and turned towards the door. I nodded and sat down on Niall’s bed, which smelt amazing. I remember the day we picked out his cologne. We were in the shop for hours, testing different colognes until finally we found one that we both liked. Niall had stuck with it ever since. I unpacked my clothes into the spare dresser then sat back on… my bed. I fondled with the necklace I was wearing, it was my dad’s… I thought I lost it until I found it under the hamper in my room. I was so thankful. It was one of the only things I had to remember my dad by, other than his recliner and the house. Maura even offered to put the chair in the garage, I gladly accepted. About thirty minutes later Maura knocked on the door frame.

“Yeah?” I sat up and smiled.

“Dinner is finished.” She smiled back, wiping her hands on a dishtowel.

“Oh great!” I smiled and jumped up. This was going to be the first real dinner I’d had in a while. Niall and I usually just sat up in my room and ate crisps, or ordered some chips. I skipped down the hall and took a seat at the table. Maura set a plate in front of me, a grilled chicken breast, a heap of mashed potatoes, and a heap of corn. “Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome love; I know you haven’t eaten a real meal in a while.”

“Yeah, I just…” I started. I decided my excuse wasn’t important so I just started eating. After a few minutes I finished eating. I’m sure that was the fastest I’d ever eaten a meal.

“Would you like more, hun?” Maura asked me, she was still eating.

“No, that’s okay.” I smiled and took my plate to the sink. I rinsed it off and put it in the dishwasher. I excused myself and walked back into Niall’s room. I dialed his number and waited. There was no answer. I tried a few more times, but still, no answer. I exhaled and slipped under the blankets. Niall promised that he would call me every night. Maybe he was busy? Maybe he was asleep? I shook the thoughts away and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Niall’s POV:

“We should probably not do this in front of everyone.” Lily breathed out. I nodded in agreement and we walked back inside. She pulled me into the elevator and pressed me against the wall after pressing the button to our floor. She smiled at me before kissing me again.

“Lily, I think… I need to go to bed.” I told her after we stepped onto our floor.

“Niall,” she whined and grabbed the waistband of my shorts. I looked down and licked my lip.

“Lily, I need to sleep. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.” I groaned and traced a finger up her side.

“Come sleep with me.” She whispered and ran her single hand down my abdomen.

“Lily,” I growled and looked towards my room. “I have to go.”

“Please.” I shook my head and grabbed the door handle.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I half smiled and kissed her once more. She pouted and turned around; I could tell she was exaggerating the sway in her hips to drive me mad. I licked my lips again before closing the door. I quickly changed into a pair of sweats and grabbed my phone off the bed.

From: Shay

So much for that promise, huh? Well, I love you too. I’m going to sleep.

I sighed and tapped my thumb against the screen lightly. I threw my head back and ran my tongue over my teeth. It made me feel bad, I was making out with an attractive girl and Shay was sleeping in my bed. Waiting for my call. I exhaled deeply and buried my head into my pillow. A few hours later Liam came in and went straight to bed.

A/N: How’d you guys like it? (: There's a picture of Lily on the sidebar, Debby Ryan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 69 21