New Roommate

Shay’s POV:

“I love you too babe, thank you for believing in me.” I could tell he was smiling.

“Niall, you made this happen, you’re great.” I laughed.

“I’m going to be home in a few.” He laughed. “We can talk it over.”

“Alright love, don’t take too long.” I smiled and looked at my unmade bed. He hung up without replying. I decided to take the extra time to take a shower. I walked across the hall and into the bathroom; I pulled my hair down and turned the shower on. In the process of the water warming up I stripped down. I slowly ran my fingers through my hair and stepped into the shower. The warm water cascaded down my body. I started softly humming the lyrics to my favorite song, the one Niall auditioned with. After about ten minutes I decided to get out. I turned the water off and quickly grabbed my towel. I wrapped it around myself and walked into my bedroom. I slowly dropped my towel and began to get dressed. I picked out one of Niall’s old t-shirts and a pair of jean shorts. I pulled my hair up and plopped back down on my bed. I didn’t have anything to do. Niall was the only person who even talked to me anymore. After my dad died I’m sure everyone thought I was crazy. I quit my previous job at the café and decided to do nothing. I hated going out. Hated it. I sighed and slipped under my comforter, it still smelled like Niall’s cologne. I smiled and grabbed the pillow he always used; I wrapped my arms around it. I was one of the people that couldn’t sleep without cuddling. It was my favorite thing to do, that’s why I loved the winter and the fall. I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Niall’s POV:

When I was eventually able to leave I took the advantage, I needed to see Shay. My mom drove me to her house. I thanked her and got out of the car, Shay’s door was unlocked to I walked in. It was quiet inside; I slowly walked up the stairs trying to be quiet. I slipped into her room and looked down at her in bed.

“Shay,” I whispered. “Shay.” She didn’t move. I slowly pulled the pillow from her grasp and eased into bed with her. She immediately wrapped her arms around my torso and buried her head into my chest.

“Niall.” She moaned.

“Yeah babe?” I whispered back.

“I love you.” She mumbled. I smiled and kissed her head.

“I love you too babe.”

I laid there with her until she woke up; I was too hyper to sleep. When she finally woke up she looked me in the eyes and smiled.

“Hey,”

“Hey, how’d you sleep?” I asked her.

“It was good. I was waiting for you, then I just dozed off.” She yawned and nuzzled her face into my neck.

“Shay, you doze off all the time.” I teased her. “When aren’t you sleeping?”

“Shush.” She whined and grabbed onto my t-shirt. “Niall,”

“What?”

“I’m going to miss you… So much.” She sniffled and gripped more of my shirt into her hand.

“Hey,” I raised her face to look at me. “I’m going to miss you too, but you know I’ve wanted this for a long time.”

“I-I I know.” She wiped her cheeks, ridding them of tears.

“I hate seeing you cry this much.” I inhaled deeply and rested my forehead on hers. Her blue eyes searched mine and she pursed her lips together.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered and closed her eyes. I lifted my hand and gently ran my thumb over her cheek.

“You know I have to leave tomorrow.” I sighed and grabbed her hand in mine. She winced at the statement and slowly opened her eyes.