Distance

I know this is short and I'm sorry :/ I tried! This is kinda a filler chapter for what is yet to come! I hope you like it. :) 

Niall's POV: 

I couldn't believe it. She was actually with Matt, she wasn't just trying to get a rise out of me anymore. She was actually dating him. I walked back into the room and got in bed, all my movements slow. Liam peered over and gave me a weird look. 

"What's wrong with you?" 

I sighed. "Its nothing. Its stupid really." I said before pulling my pillow into my chest, cuddling with it. Liam groaned and sat up.

"We're in a band now. If I have to be around you constantly dealing with your moodiness I want to know why. I want to know what happened." he stated. 

"Shay, the girl I told you about? She has a boyfriend now." I said quietly. "She is going to forget about me, I'm going to be nothing to her." 

He laughed. I personally didn't think that it was at all funny. "Dude, she is a girl. If she is telling you she loves you she isn't lying. Trust me. She still loves you and sees you as a friend you're just not allowed to have those moments like you used to. No kissing, no sleeping together, none of that. Unless you want to get your ass kicked." he shrugged and laid back down. "Cheer up, we don't need you crying at practice tomorrow." 

"Yeah..." I trailed off. He was right, me and Shay wouldn't be able to do those things anymore. It was disappointing. 

The next morning...

Shay's POV: 

"Come over." Matt whined through the phone. "I need to see you." 

"Nope." I smiled and looked out the window. I wasn't going to give in that easily. 

"Please?" 

"Nuh uh." 

"Shay, will you please come over?" 

"Im not coming over today, I told you this." I laughed and hung up. Honestly I didn't feel like putting up with Matt after the talk me and Niall had last night. I missed Niall, I really did. I decided to call him, just to see what was up. 

'Hello?' he sounded out of breath. 

'Hey Ni.' I looked down at my nails and yawned. 

'Hey... I um. Im at practice.' he said. 

'So you can't talk then?' I sighed. 

'No, Shay not now.' he panted.

'Okay... Bye.' I answered quietly, after saying a quick bye he hang up.  Maybe he would call tonight like he promised to. He promised to call every night and he only broke that promise once or twice. 

Niall's POV:

Maybe I lied a little bit. I was at practice, I was on my way back to my hotel room. I didn't feel like talking to Shay. I couldn't force myself to talk to her after the 'boyfriend' conversation. I couldn't face the fact that she wasn't free to do what she wanted with me anymore. There was no kissing, no cuddling, no love making. Not that I could do that now anyway, we were miles away from eachother. I guess it hurt just to think about it. To think she wasn't someone I could go to anymore. She was going to be with Matt all the time, she was going to have sex with Matt. I shooed that thought from my mind, the thought of him knowing her as I did the night before I left disgusted me. 

"Hey Niall." Liam smiled as I stepped into the room. 

"Hey." I sighed and sat on my bed. "Why're you packing?" 

"Did you not hear what Simon said before we left?" he looked at me with a blank expression. "We're going to his house. Its on this island thing." he smiled and continued to pack. Clearly I wasn't listening to Simon, I was exhausted. 

"I guess I should pack." I groaned and stood up, retrieving my suitcase from the closet. I put it on the bed and opened it, I carelessly threw my clothes into it and zipped it back up. After putting my suitcase in the corner I fell back onto my bed and drifted to sleep. 

Two weeks later.

Shay's POV: 

"Here's some soup, love." Maura smiled sympathetically at me. I was not feeling good at all. I had a horrible headache, cramps were coming out of nowhere. 

"Thanks," I whispered and started eating it. I'd had Maura's soup many times, it was one of Niall's favorites she made it for us all the time. "I don't know why I'm feeling so sick out of no where." 

"I'm not sure sweetheart." she shrugged and turned to wash the dishes in the sink. "Maybe you're missing Niall?" 

I shook my head. I did miss Niall but missing him did not cause this pain. "Yeah, maybe." I agreed with her. Another thing, I was constantly hugging the toilet. I was throwing up so often it was ridiculous, maybe I had the flu. Im sure Maura got tired of helping me too, she was constantly watching me walk down the hall to make sure I wasn't going to faint and hurt myself. To my surprise Niall was calling me, I excused myself from the table and walked into my room.

'Hey.'

'Hey, what're you doing?'

'I just finished eating... Your mom made me some soup, Im sick.'

'Oh... What do you have?'

'I dunno, the flu or something.' I looked around the room. 

'Sorry.' he mumbled. 'Have you taken anything?' 

'Eh, kinda. Its not like a stuffy nose or anything. I have a bad headache and I've thrown up everything I've eaten.'

'Ew.' he groaned. He hated being sick let alone hearing about other people being sick. 

'Sorry, geez.' I smiled. I smiled for the first time in a few days. 

'I miss you.' he sighed.

'Yeah, I miss you too, Ni.' I shook my head. 'I uh... I miss you a lot actually.' 

'We're going to the judges houses tomorrow.' he perked up. 'Simon's house is like on this island or something apparently. Its going to be great.' 

'Yeah, sounds fun.' I laughed. 'Be careful okay?'

'Of course, when am I ever not?' I could tell he was smiling. 

'Uh, always.' I laughed and clutched my stomach. It was almost time for me to get rid of what little food I had digested. 

'You okay?' he asked after a moment of silence. 

'Y-yeah I just um....' I swallowed hard and bolted to the bathroom. I hunched over the toilet and emptied my stomach. I brought the phone back to my ear shakily and sighed. 

'Are you sure you're okay?' he asked. He was genuinely concerned, it was nice to know he cared. 

'Yeah.' I replied still shaking. 

'I hate that I have to do this right now.' he sighed. 'But I do have to go, Shay. I have to get on the bus.'

'O-okay.' I choked out, I wiped my eyes and nodded as if he could see the gesture. 

'I love you okay? I'll try calling you tonight, it depends on the schedule.' 

'I love you too.' I bit my lip. 'Thanks for calling.' 

'Of course.' he sighed. 'I really hate having to fucking hang up.' he groaned. 

'Bye Niall.' I sighed and hung up the phone. Although I would've loved talking to him longer I knew he was busy and he couldn't. I loved talking to Niall, he was the only person I had growing up, he knew everything about me. Even the little things like how much salt I liked to put in my food. He was my bestfriend and I loved him. 

Again, Im sorry for the shortness of the chapter, I really wish I had something more to put in here. But the next chapter should be longer. Sooo happy to finally take this off hold!! ~ Sierra<3