Coup De Foudre ➵ Allison Arge...

By cimbello

BOOK 1/7 Coup De Fou•dre: (koo de foodra) noun (plural coups de foudre pronounced same) {A sudden unforeseen... More

i•n•t•r•o
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five

Eleven

8.1K 318 128
By cimbello

Olivia's POV:

"I think you mean--"

"No, I mean Bestiary." Stiles groans, pinching the bridge of his nose as Allison suppresses her giggle by covering her mouth. "And I don't want to know what goes on between yours and Scott's heads.

I roll my eyes. "Just describe what it should look like."

He tightened his grip on his backpack. "It's probably like a book, old, worn--"

"Like...bound in leather?" She asks and Stiles nods. "I've seen it before, Gerard had it."

"Okay, be right back." He says before sprinting away, rushing back inside the school.

Allison and I turn to each other before we burst out laughing.

"Do you have Scott's number?" I ask as I pull out my phone. She grabs it from my hands and types the number in for me then presses call.

It rings for a couple of seconds until it picks up.

"Hello?"

"Stiles is a dumbass and doesn't seem to remember the use of cellphones." I immediately say but Allison smacks my arm. "Okay, okay. Anyway, Allison has seen the bestiary before."

"My grandfather has it." She adds as she pulls out her textbook to continue studying for the next period.

"By the way, let Stiles keep running and pretend you're not on the phone with us," I say.

Scott laughs but in the background there were footsteps and soon enough, Stiles repeated what Allison had told him.

"Ask her where does he keep it?" Scott says and a couple of seconds later, Stiles footsteps running off in the background.

"Has to be in his office." She replies, turning a page in her textbook. "You should be studying too, Olivia."

"Eh, I'll be fine. Besides, I'm still recovering from the other night." I say, lifting up my shirt slightly to show the wounds. Her eyes widen and I tilt my head in confusion. "What?"

I look down and see the mark that Derek had made were completely gone. All that was there was my exposed skin as if it wasn't even touched.

"What's going on?" Scott asks but I quickly shake my head, telling Allison not to say anything.

"Her wound was bleeding again." She lies, her eyes darting back and forth between my side and my face.

We hear footsteps again and I quickly hide the phone so Stiles wouldn't see. He leans against our table, panting as he looked at the both of us.

"Where...does he...keep it?"

"Office," Allison says and Stiles nods before taking off again. She mutes the phone call and faces me again. "Did Stiles lie about you getting that scratch mark?"

"I vividly remember bleeding on the ice, Allison," I say and point to my side. "He and Erica both did it."

"I don't understand how it's already healed then, it doesn't make sense."

"Whatever Scott's boss did, maybe it sped up the process. You said he knew stuff about that supernatural, right?"

"Must be some hell of medicine for it to work that fast." She says, lifting my shirt more to get a better look at my hip.

"Uh...hello?" Scott's voice interrupted.

I unmute the call. "Sorry. Stiles came to our table again."

"Oh. Anyway, can you--" He stops talking and we heard the same footsteps in the background then a locker slam.

"She says...has to be...office." Stiles pants loudly.

"Ask her if she can get the book," Scott says and we hear his footsteps take off again. "Can you?" He asks again.

"Not without his keys," Allison responds then looks at me with a knowing look.

"No, no, no. Don't drag me into going with you to talk to Gerard. He was creepy to me on the first day!" I whine, making Scott chuckle.

"All I need to do is distract him at the lacrosse game while you get the bestiary." She says but I shake my head.

"I doubt your grandfather is stupid enough to just hand you his keys," I say and we hear Stiles's footsteps running to us again. "Alright Scott, we'll talk later."

"Bye." He says before he hangs up the phone.

Stiles leans over on our table, breathing hard to catch his breath. I grab my bag from the floor and take out an inhaler, thankfully that I kept for emergencies, and hand it to Stiles.

He snatches it from my hands and presses the button, inhaling the puff. He stands up straight and looks at Allison.

"You know drug dealers have been using disposable cellphones pretty successfully for years." He manages to say in one breath until he coughs.

"My parents check every call, email, and text message I send. Trust me, they would find it." Allison says and Stiles sighs.

"Alright, can you get the book?" He asks.

"We need his keys," I say and he nods. "Also we've been talking to Scott the whole time."

"What?!"

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

"You don't have to come with me. You should enjoy this night off." I say as my mom walks with me to the field. "Besides, lacrosse might be boring for you since you're not a fan of sports."

"Neither are you, yet here you are." She says, adjusting the beanie on my head.

"That's because Allison and I are supporting Scott and Stiles." I lie as we get closer to the field.

"Are you sure? Didn't seem like it this morning with you two cuddled up in bed together." She says and my eyes widen.

I scoff. "It wasn't like that, we're friends. Besides, she's dating someone."

"Anyway, I want to use this as a chance to meet your friend's parents. I already met Melissa at the hospital, so maybe this time I'll probably become friends with Allison's parents." Trust me you don't want to.

"I guess," I mutter and see Allison already sitting with Gerard. "Come on, we're already late."

After muttering to several people 'excuse me' as we walk in front of them to get to where Allison and her grandfather sat.

"Sorry, we're late." My mom says, catching Allison and her grandfather to look away and turn to us. "Olivia had to find her jacket and lost track of time."

Allison's eyes widen, seeing that the plan didn't involve me bringing my mom.

"She wanted to tag along, I couldn't convince her to stay home," I whisper so only Allison could hear as my mom sat beside Allison's grandfather.

"That's alright, I was just asking Allison if lacrosse always got this violent." He says and the crowd 'oohs' again as another one of our players gets tackled hard.

Coach Finstock groans. "Come on! Is that thing even a teenager?" He angrily yells as our player gets escorted off the field. "I want to see a birth certificate!"

"I'm glad we didn't have students like that back in the day." He adds then faces my mom, holding out his hand. "My apologies, I'm Allison's grandfather, Gerard Argent."

My mom grins and shakes his hand as well. "Elizabeth Flores, Olivia's mom."

As they both continued to watch the game, Allison leans in to whisper.

"How are you supposed to sneak away to help Stiles? Your mom might ask you where you are if you take too long."

"Just stick to the plan. Say I forgot something in my locker after I went to the bathroom." I say and she nods.

She starts to rub her arms as if she was cold but Gerard didn't notice since he was focused on watching the game.

I kick Allison's ankle, indicating for her to try harder. She rolls her eyes before rubbing her hands together, breathing hot air inside.

She sighs, finally getting her grandfather's attention. "M-Man I knew I should've brought a warmer jacket." She shivers.

Gerard immediately stands up. "Here, take my coat." He places his black coat around Allison's shoulder and she slid her arms inside with a grateful smile.

"It's like he's trying to break each player's bones." My mom says, seeing number forty-two slam another player to the floor.

Allison discreetly pulls out the keys from one of the pockets and hands it to me. Stiles gets up from the bench, seeing that we had the keys and casually walks beside our row. I hand him the keys as he walks past us.

A few minutes later, another player from our team gets pulled out into a gurney. Coach digs his hands into his hair with frustration and looks around.

"Where's Stilinski?" He asks but then faces us, seeing he wasn't nearby. He points to someone behind us and I turn, seeing he was pointing to Boyd and Erica. "You!"

Uh oh.

"Do you play lacrosse?" Coach asks.

Boyd smirks and was about to stand until Erica smacks his arm, telling him no. I couldn't exactly hear what they said but Boyd still stood up anyway, taking off his jacket as Erica looked at him in disbelief.

"We got ourselves a player!" Coach yells excitedly as Boyd walked down the bleachers.

As Coach was giving him the right equipment, I see Erica get up as well, heading to the same direction where Stiles ran to.

I nudge Allison and she looks away from the game. "What?"

"I have to help Stiles, Erica went in the same direction," I whisper but her eyes widen.

"No. You can't get yourself hurt again." She whispers. "Especially since Erica's there."

"This is not the time to be jealous." I tease and she rolls her eyes. "Seriously though, Stiles can barely defend himself."

"Then let me come with you." She says, getting ready to stand but I hold her down.

"No, stick to the plan. You have to be the one to make sure your grandfather and my mom aren't suspicious about anything." I explain and she sighs in defeat. "If a fight breaks out, I won't fight this time. I promise."

"Fine."

I chug the rest of my water bottle and sigh dramatically, causing my mom to turn. "Damn mom, you were right. I shouldn't have drunk all my water." I say and she shakes her head in annoyance.

"I know but you still didn't listen obviously." She says, causing Gerard to laugh as well.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom real quick so I'll be back," I say as I stand up from my spot.

"Alright, but hurry up. You might miss out on the best parts." My mom says and I nod, stepping off the bleachers.

I was about to continue running but I see a guy, wearing a lacrosse jersey, taking pictures with his camera of the crowd cheering for the game.

I mean my mom did say she wanted me to join a club. Maybe he's in the yearbook or school paper club?

I tap the guy on the shoulder, causing him to jump. "Oh! Damn, you scared me."

I awkwardly laugh. "Sorry, I'm just wondering if you're a part of the school paper or something."

He shakes his head, looking back at his photos. "No, I just take pictures."

I tilt my head in confusion. "So you take photos for fun or sports matches...?" I trail, waiting for him to say his name.

"Matt." He greets as he spins his dial, most likely looking through the photos he took. "And anything that catches my eye."

"Oh..." I trail but then instantly remember what I was supposed to do. "Well, it was nice meeting you."

"Yeah." He says and walks to a different spot. "See you around...?"

"Olivia."

"Got it. See you later, Olivia."

As I continued making my way to the office, I hear a familiar whine as well as heels clicking on the floor. I quickly leaned against the wall that shielded my right side and held my breath, not making a sound.

Erica walks past me as she dragged Stiles by the ear, leading him to a completely different direction as she ignored his complaints.

Oh boy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7.3K 31
BOOK 3/7 Thantophobia [than-tuh-foh-bee-uh] (n.) the phobia of losing someone you love. Everyone's afraid of something. For example, fear of bugs, he...
229K 9.5K 33
BOOK 2/7 Retrouvailles: The joy of reuniting with someone after a long separation After finishing (well surviving) the rest of her sophomore year, Ol...
8.5K 480 29
"It's not a date!" Lydia protested for the fifth time as she drove herself, Diana and Allison over to the mall where she had managed to get each of t...
21.8K 697 79
I've got no use for moonlight Or sappy poetry Love at first sight's for suckers At least it used to be Look, girls are nice, once or twice Till I fin...